Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia 74 - East Ridge 66
OrangenowBlue Wrote::wtf1: So Williams came to Cordia because he was an umemployed NBA agent looking for a job and the primary reason he left is because the strike ended. :insane:

I don't know if unemployed is the word. But where the lockout was going on he didn't have any responsibilities to his agents. Had the requirements for the Spanish teaching job at cordia and brought his kids along with the hudson boy who all played on the same aau team together( Houston Defenders). Him and keem had to make a trip to atl to meet with horford and johnson before christmas break started. Thats the only reason i found out about it.
Khsaa12 is correct on the agent part. Ivan Johnson of the Hawks is his client and his agency is Union Sports out of guess where?? Houston. Just used Google and found all this out. Anyone have Hudson on Fb see what he lists his middle name as.
Al Horford lists a different agent ATM.
Why are we talking about the NBA and agents? Get this back on the topic people, the game.
Sounds like someone doesn't like coach Rhodes to me. Another posting full of halftruths from someone who apparently doesn't know the coach, Larry Williams or Cordia's team. Face it folks. Like it or not Coach Rhodes is going to stay at Cordia. The only people who don't like him are the ones who want his job or the parents who think their child isn't getting enough playing time. Happens to every coach.
A. Congrats Cordia on winning this game. Keep it up, you will finish behind LCC and KCC unless you do something drastic, just saying. Watched all three teams play.

B. Why are we talking NBA and agents? The same reason we mention UK players when we talk about this game, because they are/were part of the coaching staff. Just because it isn't as transparent doesn't mean that it isn't true. So sorry if you feel like talking about some recent changes that happened to one of the teams involved around the holidays, that some people may not be aware of because of the aforementioned holidays, may seem to be off topic, but I assure you that they are not.

C. Neither of these teams should be too happy with this game in my opinion though. Cordia has to get some production from Hudson like this every game, but everyone else has to contribute to.
http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/...sp?id=1630

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/larry-williams/1b/161/462

http://www.corporationwiki.com/Texas/Hou...38254.aspx

It's all right there...I'll post links to Preston LeMaster and Roderick Rhodes UK profiles too if I need to stay on topic more. No coincidence that he left when the lockout was over and went to Atlanta, to negotiate Ivan Johnson's contract. I'm sure he left the team though because I'm sure there is a rule about NBA agents coaching high school teams. Actually, I'm not sure and to be honest, was he officially a coach anyways?
Stlcardsfan Wrote:http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/...sp?id=1630

It's all right there...I'll post links to Preston LeMaster and Roderick Rhodes UK profiles too if I need to stay on topic more. No coincidence that he left when the lockout was over and went to Atlanta, to negotiate Ivan Johnson's contract. I'm sure he left the team though because I'm sure there is a rule about NBA agents coaching high school teams. Actually, I'm not sure and to be honest, was he officially a coach anyways?

I couldn't care less about your links. I know Coach LeMaster and know all of this. I'm telling you to not get too off topic with the background of a assistant coach.
Stlcardsfan Wrote:http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/...sp?id=1630

Well, there ya go, now that makes sense to bring up in a game thread. I'm guessing that if there is a rule, which makes perfect sense, that it went into effect when the lockout ended...Good on the guy to not ignore it and jeopardize the team.
vundy33 Wrote:Well, there ya go, now that makes sense to bring up in a game thread. I'm guessing that if there is a rule, which makes perfect sense, that it went into effect when the lockout ended...Good on the guy to not ignore it and jeopardize the team.

More importantly, why ever jeopardize your team by having an agent on the staff ever? The lockout only temporarily ended the relationship between players and the owners of the teams. Never, at any point, did agents relationships with players end. They are independent of the league, obviously, and the non-amateur player represented by the agent never became a "non-player". So, didn't this team have an NBA/Professional Sports agent on their team the entire time? The lockout ending only meant he had an obligation to his client.

Additionally, to me, this is a bit selfish to bring your sons to this area to play and to make them get up and take off at the drop of a hat. I'm sure they knew the possibility all along but get real. If all this mentioned, which seems to be true, it is sad. If I were Cordia, I wouldn't want to portray myself this way at all. Players jumping in and out and so on.
KHSAA12 Wrote:final

Ha ha ha ha ha . OH CANADA!....oh,I mean OH CORDIA !
The Cordia boys won last night's game due to the players that were on the floor! These are the players that have wanted to be there from the beginning--they did not quit--they did not give up, and they have worked their @sses off. The win had nothing to do with the assistant coach. All of these posts are enough to make you sick, because the majority of them are from some disgruntled parents and the assistant coach's family pretending to be someone else.
No affiliation with any party here, just telling you the truth. I fear something happening to the program once someone important gets a look at this. Look at every link above and you'll see too.
Sounds like a game plan, lets divert all the negative attention somewhere else, pass the blame. However last i checked the disgruntled parents, assistant coached family, kids kicked off the team, nor kids who quit had nothing to do with the actions and behavior of Rodrick Rhodes on or off the court.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:He was there, he ran his mouth the whole game, everyone on Lotts Creek heard him. This was a different game because Chris Hudson actually got after it and showed what he really can do. He had about 34 pts and couldn't be stopped. I don't know if it was just the competition between him and the Canadians or what got him going, but he needs to play like that all the time and it will make Cordia a much better team and very fun to watch. I think there was 6 or 7 dunks last night combined by both teams. Pretty nice ones too.

On all this other stuff about Rhodes, I think people are getting on here talking about stuff they don't know anything about. They were having problems for a lot of reasons that people don't like to get on public boards and discuss, so people just speculate and get things way wrong. He got suspended the first couple games for "protecting his players", can't blame him for that. He got suspended the second time because they were out of the region and the group of refs called 12 T's on out of region teams that week for almost nothing. The problems they had with the "Stats Man/jr High coach", need not be discussed, no one on here has a clue what really went on. So people are making him sound like a mess when he is really not. The kids quit or got kicked off because they don't know how to act in public and they don't want to do their work the way everyone else was. Rhodes is a great guy and makes his kids work hard and do what they are supposed to or he disciplines them, and if they don't like it they quit. Leave the man alone and let him build his empire! :igiveup:

First, I actually congratulating Cordia on their win and was sincerely happy for them. Second, anyone who has followed this on here since July can not honestly post on here that they do not understand why people like myself would get on here and say the things that we are about Rhodes. They way Rhodes and Cordia have gone about this whole thing has been a mess. If they had not created the situation none of us would even care enough to read the threads about Cordia and would know what is going on up Lotts Creek. And, if Rhodes came here to make a difference in those kids lives and not to built his "basketball empire", then why did he need to bring three Texas boys with him. I was told because these were boys who had it rough in Texas and need something good in their lives and Rhodes wanted to make a difference for them to. Now we find out that at least two of them are not too bad off since their Daddy is NBA agent and all. Second, whose life is he wanting to make a difference in here. He has lost 8 players off his varsity. Some quit and some were kicked off (according to Cordia fans). Cordia fans have got on here and said those boys were trouble makers and thugs and didn't really want to be on the team anyway. Well, then are those boys not the very ones that Rhodes should have worked with the most, mentored the most, really put himself out there to make a change in their lives. Instead, he let them go and if all he has are the good kids, the ones who will work hard anyway. He missed his opportunity to makes a difference in a kids life when he those boys go.
I love how the Cordia supporters state that everyone is lying about them and their program when this whole Rhodes hiring fiasco has been built around half-truths and blatant lies from the beginning. It is funny to me that no one has stated anything about him being an NBA agent until this week.
ANEWPAT Wrote:First, I actually congratulating Cordia on their win and was sincerely happy for them. Second, anyone who has followed this on here since July can not honestly post on here that they do not understand why people like myself would get on here and say the things that we are about Rhodes. They way Rhodes and Cordia have gone about this whole thing has been a mess. If they had not created the situation none of us would even care enough to read the threads about Cordia and would know what is going on up Lotts Creek. And, if Rhodes came here to make a difference in those kids lives and not to built his "basketball empire", then why did he need to bring three Texas boys with him. I was told because these were boys who had it rough in Texas and need something good in their lives and Rhodes wanted to make a difference for them to. Now we find out that at least two of them are not too bad off since their Daddy is NBA agent and all. Second, whose life is he wanting to make a difference in here. He has lost 8 players off his varsity. Some quit and some were kicked off (according to Cordia fans). Cordia fans have got on here and said those boys were trouble makers and thugs and didn't really want to be on the team anyway. Well, then are those boys not the very ones that Rhodes should have worked with the most, mentored the most, really put himself out there to make a change in their lives. Instead, he let them go and if all he has are the good kids, the ones who will work hard anyway. He missed his opportunity to makes a difference in a kids life when he those boys go.

He tried. He kicked three off the team, then decided that he would let them back on the team. So let me say that again, he was going to let them back on the team, but then the two boys started to run their mouth's on Facebook about Cordia, and Rhodes himself. Then Alice told him that she wouldn't let them back on the team. So Rhodes was going to let them back until that happened. He does care for the kids, and he still cares for the ones who have left.

From talking to the guy, he cares for the kids who don't play ball. He not only wants to change the lives of the ball players, but he wants to change the lives of all the Cordia students.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I love how the Cordia supporters state that everyone is lying about them and their program when this whole Rhodes hiring fiasco has been built around half-truths and blatant lies from the beginning. It is funny to me that no one has stated anything about him being an NBA agent until this week.

First time I was told about the NBA agent deal was last week so I am just finding out about it.
windowscreen Wrote:The Cordia boys won last night's game due to the players that were on the floor! These are the players that have wanted to be there from the beginning--they did not quit--they did not give up, and they have worked their @sses off. The win had nothing to do with the assistant coach. All of these posts are enough to make you sick, because the majority of them are from some disgruntled parents and the assistant coach's family pretending to be someone else.

:Thumbs:
Salimander Wrote:Ha ha ha ha ha . OH CANADA!....oh,I mean OH CORDIA !

Do you know what it takes to be an agent? A contract and a fax machine! Maybe some of you should look into it. Might give you something to do besides get on here and bash people you know nothing about!
WALL2WALL Wrote:He tried. He kicked three off the team, then decided that he would let them back on the team. So let me say that again, he was going to let them back on the team, but then the two boys started to run their mouth's on Facebook about Cordia, and Rhodes himself. Then Alice told him that she wouldn't let them back on the team. So Rhodes was going to let them back until that happened. He does care for the kids, and he still cares for the ones who have left.

From talking to the guy, he cares for the kids who don't play ball. He not only wants to change the lives of the ball players, but he wants to change the lives of all the Cordia students.

First, Alice shouldn't be telling Rhodes what to do with his team. He is the Coach.

Second, if the only reason Rhodes is here is to make a difference in the lives of the less fortunate and misguided, then he should look Alice and everyone else in the eyes and say "I will let them back on because they are why I'm here and if you don't let me help the kids who need help then there is no reason for me to be here and I'm leaving" I mean that is what he should say if that is he real "only" reason for being here.

Third, if growing up in Jersey made him want to make a difference in the lives of youths, why didn't he go back to Jersey to give back to the community he grew up in? What made him pick little old Lotts Creek?

Fourth, I don't know anything about the student body at Cordia, but I after hearing all about all of these wonderful things that Rhodes wants to do for the poor guys on that basketball team I decided to see just what kind of problems they all have that they are needing so much help to overcome. I got a list of the names and started asking questions. Those kids on that team are not rich, but they are far from poor and underprivileged. I now know were just about every players parents work and where most of them live. None of those kids have drug or alcohol problems. And from what information I could get, most of them get good grades. And all of that was true before Rhodes stepped foot on Lotts Creek. Now you tell me just what CHANGES Rhodes is wanting to make in those boys lives.

Fifth, and this is to the person who defended Rhodes for being suspended saying he just didn't know the rules. He was hired in June or July to coach Cordia. He go those suspension in December. When does he plan to learn the rules?
WALL2WALL Wrote:First time I was told about the NBA agent deal was last week so I am just finding out about it.

That's the whole point. Too much doesn't make sense about why any of them are at Lotts Creek. Why in heavens name would the Williams man pull his kids out of their school and off their team, move them clear across the country to Cordia if he knew he would have to pull them back and move them back to Texas when the lockout ended. I don't believe that was ever his intention. He intended to put those boys there with Rhodes and he intended to leave them there with Rhodes. They went back to Texas because of the fall out with Rhodes. Otherwise, how irresponsible of Rhodes to let them come. His clear plan was to build a team around those three Texas boys and take over the 14th region. No one can deny that. It didn't happen that way for him but that was definitley what he thought was going to happen. Why would he try to build his team around them if he knew that more than likely before the season ended he would lose two of those three players. You guys can believe his bull if you want to, but this guy ain't buying it.
The plan was to build the program around Chris Hudson....which is what he is doing....the Williams boys came because they knew they would not get to play in Houston so Rhodes agreed to let them come....period...it didn't work out the way Mr. Williams had hoped and moved back to Texas....but the only piece Rhodes wanted in still right here....period
CoachRhodesFan Wrote:The plan was to build the program around Chris Hudson....which is what he is doing....the Williams boys came because they knew they would not get to play in Houston so Rhodes agreed to let them come....period...it didn't work out the way Mr. Williams had hoped and moved back to Texas....but the only piece Rhodes wanted in still right here....period

Do you realize that it is a violation of the KHSAA rules for the coach to contact a player about playing for him before the student is enrolled in the school? Do you realize that a player is ineligible to play if he transfers from out of state to a Kentucky school and the primary reason for that transfer is to play basketball? Do you know that it is a violation for KHSAA rules for any player to receive anything of value from a school, including free housing, in order for that player to play for that school?

By the way, I don't know why the were not going to get to play in Houston because according to one of their twitter accounts at least one of them is already playing there again now.
ANEWPAT Wrote:First, I actually congratulating Cordia on their win and was sincerely happy for them. Second, anyone who has followed this on here since July can not honestly post on here that they do not understand why people like myself would get on here and say the things that we are about Rhodes. They way Rhodes and Cordia have gone about this whole thing has been a mess. If they had not created the situation none of us would even care enough to read the threads about Cordia and would know what is going on up Lotts Creek. And, if Rhodes came here to make a difference in those kids lives and not to built his "basketball empire", then why did he need to bring three Texas boys with him. I was told because these were boys who had it rough in Texas and need something good in their lives and Rhodes wanted to make a difference for them to. Now we find out that at least two of them are not too bad off since their Daddy is NBA agent and all. Second, whose life is he wanting to make a difference in here. He has lost 8 players off his varsity. Some quit and some were kicked off (according to Cordia fans). Cordia fans have got on here and said those boys were trouble makers and thugs and didn't really want to be on the team anyway. Well, then are those boys not the very ones that Rhodes should have worked with the most, mentored the most, really put himself out there to make a change in their lives. Instead, he let them go and if all he has are the good kids, the ones who will work hard anyway. He missed his opportunity to makes a difference in a kids life when he those boys go.

Man some of the stuff Rhodes done for sumner and davidson is ridiculous and showed him nothing but disrespect. Not saying who but one of those boys talked pretty rough to Rhodes over the phone and even had to balls to call him a n*****. So dont say he done nothing for those two he done stuff for them that he didn't do for the rest of the team because of their situatuion. I promise if you knew you wouldn't have even mentioned that in this post.
Keep living the dream!
ANEWPAT Wrote:That's the whole point. Too much doesn't make sense about why any of them are at Lotts Creek. Why in heavens name would the Williams man pull his kids out of their school and off their team, move them clear across the country to Cordia if he knew he would have to pull them back and move them back to Texas when the lockout ended. I don't believe that was ever his intention. He intended to put those boys there with Rhodes and he intended to leave them there with Rhodes. They went back to Texas because of the fall out with Rhodes. Otherwise, how irresponsible of Rhodes to let them come. His clear plan was to build a team around those three Texas boys and take over the 14th region. No one can deny that. It didn't happen that way for him but that was definitley what he thought was going to happen. Why would he try to build his team around them if he knew that more than likely before the season ended he would lose two of those three players. You guys can believe his bull if you want to, but this guy ain't buying it.

Said it from day one. Hudson was the only kid suppose to come. Williams brothers asked to come. Rhodes had no intentions on the other two coming until Mr. Williams himself asked. If your going to point fingers about those two kids point them at their dad not Rhodes.
KHSAA12 Wrote:Man some of the stuff Rhodes done for sumner and davidson is ridiculous and showed him nothing but disrespect. Not saying who but one of those boys talked pretty rough to Rhodes over the phone and even had to balls to call him a n*****. So dont say he done nothing for those two he done stuff for them that he didn't do for the rest of the team because of their situatuion. I promise if you knew you wouldn't have even mentioned that in this post.

I didn't say he done nothing and in fact I sure hope he did. What I said was if that was his real reason for being here he would know to expect that kind of stuff from the kids who really need the life changing influence. The good kids don't need helped. It's the ones with family problems, or attitude problems, what ever, that would need what ever help Rhodes had to offer. I don't know either of those boys you mentioned personally, but if what you said are true they are the ones that Rhodes should be there for and he shouldn't give up on them regardless of who tells him he has to. If he is really there for the reasons you guys say, instead of kicking those kids off or even letting them quit, he should have been seeking them out. He should have showing them that they may quit on him but he won't quit on them. That's the kind of approach that people who really want to work with trouble youth have. If you are going to take on that challenge you have to have some thick skin.
ANEWPAT Wrote:First, Alice shouldn't be telling Rhodes what to do with his team. He is the Coach.

Second, if the only reason Rhodes is here is to make a difference in the lives of the less fortunate and misguided, then he should look Alice and everyone else in the eyes and say "I will let them back on because they are why I'm here and if you don't let me help the kids who need help then there is no reason for me to be here and I'm leaving" I mean that is what he should say if that is he real "only" reason for being here.

Third, if growing up in Jersey made him want to make a difference in the lives of youths, why didn't he go back to Jersey to give back to the community he grew up in? What made him pick little old Lotts Creek?

Fourth, I don't know anything about the student body at Cordia, but I after hearing all about all of these wonderful things that Rhodes wants to do for the poor guys on that basketball team I decided to see just what kind of problems they all have that they are needing so much help to overcome. I got a list of the names and started asking questions. Those kids on that team are not rich, but they are far from poor and underprivileged. I now know were just about every players parents work and where most of them live. None of those kids have drug or alcohol problems. And from what information I could get, most of them get good grades. And all of that was true before Rhodes stepped foot on Lotts Creek. Now you tell me just what CHANGES Rhodes is wanting to make in those boys lives.

Fifth, and this is to the person who defended Rhodes for being suspended saying he just didn't know the rules. He was hired in June or July to coach Cordia. He go those suspension in December. When does he plan to learn the rules?

He asked Alice her opinion on whether to let the players back on the team. He respects her and respects her opinion. His brother told him to come back to Kentucky, that Kentucky is the best place for him. And yes, several of the kids in the Cordia student body to drugs and alcohol, and the reason why I know is because I know the kids. And for the last part, Rhodes knew he couldn't get up after a technical, but he thought he could at least get up and make sure that kid was in the book.