Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cameron Justice or Braxton Beverly, who is the best?
Both are very good players but the size difference to me is the biggest reason
I would rather have Justice, along with he can flat out score the ball.
ballboy Wrote:No contest its Braxton Beverly Justice cant shoot on the run, If you make Justice shoot on the run hes not that good right now, Braxton is more controlled than Justice is...Beverly is rated the 8th best player in America in the class of 2016 by ESPN. And Justice is not. 8th grader or freshmen its Beverly at this point hands down.
Your right, Justice is not 8th, he is 4th for his class.
Carl Wallace Wrote:Beverly does more for PCC than Justice for Knott, Justice is a 2 period!! Both Kids are OVC at best, lets not get ahead of ourselves, Braxtons dad is about 5'9 and Justice dad not much taller, I remember hype of many Freshmen over the years, lots of kids peak early, Beverly has more room for improvment in his game, but bigger stronger is what you will see, I cant see him being much better then Justice from Shelby Valley and hes waaayyy out of his league in the Big East, Cant see Justice from KCC being better then Ben Bowling and he went to Tulane. Didnt Justice play for East Ridge last year? Did he take them to state, in the weakest region in the state?
Carl Wallace is the man!!! #14 forever
Braxton Beverly would of eaten Carl Wallace for a Scooby Snack. Carl stuggled guarding Shannon Hoskins. I could never see him keeping up with Beverly who is 2 steps faster.
Carl graduated in 1986 and Shannon graduated in 1992. Dont remember Shannon playing in 7th grade against Hazard. I'm sure he was still at willard in 1986. Maybe in the dust bowl years after high school. I think both players were awesome to watch, two of my personal favorites.
Justice was out with a broke clavical last year for most of the season and only returned one game before the district. And to whoever said he cant shoot on the run, you have not be watching him play, he can score in more ways than you can count. He is currently about 6'2 and I see another inch or so for him. Now most agree Justice is the better scorer, the game is won by how many points you score. The team with the most assists doesnt always win, the team with the most rebounds doesnt always win, the team with the fewest turnovers doesnt always win, but the team with the most points always wins!
Good call Memorial Gym, I meant in the Dust Bowl.
Camron is faster, taller and a better all around shooter but Braxton is a better passer, he is a true PG and he handles the ball better. If I wanted somebody in a tough game situation I'd go with Beverly cause I think he could handle it better than Justice could.
Braxton Beverly IQ of the game is just brilliant but Justice is just speical kid can score at will
NO contest....Justice by a ton. Justice will play major D1 bb somewhere. Beverly will be lucky to play mid major. He will not grow anymore and I don't see him getting any better. Justice may actually grow another couple inches and he is in my opinion the best the moutains has seen in a many a year.
^ ONE of the best.....saying he is THE best will have to wait till he is older....maybe the best for his age right now.....He still has time to improve OR declined (which can happen).....People hype Tate Cox up to being a D-1 player too....but didn't quite make it there....(not hating on Tate!, love watching him play, awesome player)....but sometimes players don't live up to their expectations.
superfreak Wrote:NO contest....Justice by a ton. Justice will play major D1 bb somewhere. Beverly will be lucky to play mid major. He will not grow anymore and I don't see him getting any better. Justice may actually grow another couple inches and he is in my opinion the best the moutains has seen in a many a year.

lol
superfreak Wrote:NO contest....Justice by a ton. Justice will play major D1 bb somewhere. Beverly will be lucky to play mid major. He will not grow anymore and I don't see him getting any better. Justice may actually grow another couple inches and he is in my opinion the best the moutains has seen in a many a year.

So...
Dr. Frankenstein...
please tell us your reasoning behind Justice growing a couple more inches and Braxton not growing anymore.

Since they are the same age I figured both of their chances would be the same....
but what do I know?

and where did you go to med school at?
^lol
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:Braxton Beverly would of eaten Carl Wallace for a Scooby Snack. Carl stuggled guarding Shannon Hoskins. I could never see him keeping up with Beverly who is 2 steps faster.

I hope you are not comparing Beverly to Hoskins. Beverly is good but should not even be mentioned in the same breath as Hoskins. Hoskins was one of the best to ever come out of the mountains. Beverly may end up that good but for now he is not even close.
Carl Wallace played on the greatest Ky allstar team of all time!!! All State, noone compared Carl to Braxton or Justice! There is NOOOO comparison!!! Carl Wallace was UK bound but didnt have the grades!! As far as dust bowl goes Carl Wallaces team beat Shannons team EVERYTIME early 90's Shannon in his prime!! Lets not hate on HHS, Very few, FEW, teams in the state with better tradition! Period!! The name Carl Wallace did not imply he was the greatest ever or comparing him to Beverly. Cox was hyped, Stepp, Chad Meade, DJ Simms, Casey Lester Harlan, and even JR Vanhoose was a projected lottery pick! Well what happened to that!! So lets just set back and see, o one more Rick Jones Scott co couldnt play OVC! How do you get that Beverly is faster then Shannon or Carl?? Argue with reason not passion son!!
zaga_fan Wrote:So...
Dr. Frankenstein...
please tell us your reasoning behind Justice growing a couple more inches and Braxton not growing anymore.

Since they are the same age I figured both of their chances would be the same....
but what do I know?

Lol, agreed!!! I like the way these ppl get on here and play silvia brown. Hardwork can overcome most things. If yall think sizes matters that much then why is ur girlfriends still with yall. Let both these kids continue to mature and lets see what happens. I wish them both the best!!!!!
Both are VERY talented players, but different styles. Hard to choose.
zaga_fan Wrote:So...
Dr. Frankenstein...

but what do I know?

I'm smarter than the average bear!! How did know I was a DR? I just know things buddy and wait and see how right I am. I was right a Eliza Justice I kept telling all you know it alls that he could not play major DI ball and what??? I was right. The same with Beverly he will never play major D1 basketball but I would bet my hat that Cameron J will.:biglmao:
superfreak Wrote:I'm smarter than the average bear!! How did know I was a DR? I just know things buddy and wait and see how right I am. I was right a Eliza Justice I kept telling all you know it alls that he could not play major DI ball and what??? I was right. The same with Beverly he will never play major D1 basketball but I would bet my hat that Cameron J will.:biglmao:
Well Justice went to Louisville to play under one of the greatest college coaches of all-time.

So I'd say you were wrong.
Why not shut up comparing the two kids and just sit back and enjoy the pleasure of watching them BOTH play. The rest of this crap will play out in time. Just enjoy two great players and their abilities.
And another thing. Boys get most of their height from the (maternal)or mom's side. Girls tend to get theirs from the paternal( dad's side). Either can have genes that help determine height--along with nutrition, anf other factors. How big will each get? Unknown--Look at Davis from UK. Grew from 6'2" to 6'9" after his sopomore year.
Well at least both of them are taller than EKFF already. So thats a plus.
superfreak Wrote:I'm smarter than the average bear!! How did know I was a DR? I just know things buddy and wait and see how right I am. I was right a Eliza Justice I kept telling all you know it alls that he could not play major DI ball and what??? I was right. The same with Beverly he will never play major D1 basketball but I would bet my hat that Cameron J will.:biglmao:

He's playing at Louisville?.....and you must not know much about him...considering you can't spell his name :lmao:
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:Well at least both of them are taller than EKFF already. So thats a plus.

ah boys....

lol
Confusednicker:^
Hillbilly Heartthrob Wrote:He's playing at Louisville?.....and you must not know much about him...considering you can't spell his name :lmao:

He's setting at Louisville. Playing is the key word here Hillbilly.
Nooooo pretty sure since he cameback from injury he's been in the game.....He's had 2 ankle injuries and a concussion this year...making his 2nd concussion in 2 years.........:dontthink
I dont really keep up with the 14th region but I know Cam and have watched him play several times this year. I watched Braxton alot last year, and I watched Elisha ever since he was in the 7th grade. Neither control the team or handle the ball as good as Elisha and probably never will. Braxton is a better ball handler right now. But Cam is all around a better player now, (size, scoring, passing) by far than Braxton now, and Elisha when he was a Junior. He lives in the gym and is dedicated to getting better and if nothing changes he will be a major role player on a D1 team. IMO, I am a fan of all three and cant say enough about what they individually bring to the game but to state my honest oppinion, Cam is the better!
Better at what shooting. He cant create his own shot as good as beverly, thats why knott runs so many double screens for him. Anyway after huff guards him next week we'll find out how good he is.