•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Recruits
This is a 2014 Pro-Style QB

Anthony Siciliano ‏@Ant_Siciliano2 Having a nice talk with kentucky Wide Reciver Commit @Jay_Biz_5 about the future of UK, the fans and the town! Hopefully we can be teamates
Details
Strikeout King Wrote:This is a 2014 Pro-Style QB
Anthony Siciliano ‏@Ant_Siciliano2 Having a nice talk with kentucky Wide Reciver Commit @Jay_Biz_5 about the future of UK, the fans and the town! Hopefully we can be teamates
Details

Just so everyone knows, @Jay_Biz_5 is UK commit Jalen Battle. '
Anthony Siciliano is a 2014 QB prospect out of Winter Springs, FL
Here's his profile on Scout:
http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8...id=5406023

Seems short at only 5''11". I'd like to see us get more involved with Conner's Drew Barker.
They are showing they aren't afraid to go after the big recruits.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
The Blue Blur Wrote:Just so everyone knows, @Jay_Biz_5 is UK commit Jalen Battle. '

Seems short at only 5''11". I'd like to see us get more involved with Conner's Drew Barker.

Drew Brees is only about 5'11-6'0. Russell Wilson is only around 5'11. Aaron Murray is 6'0 at best. 6'4-6'6 seems to be the QB's people fall in love with, but smaller guys can play that position and be quite successful at it.
BellCoFaithful Wrote:Drew Brees is only about 5'11-6'0. Russell Wilson is only around 5'11. Aaron Murray is 6'0 at best. 6'4-6'6 seems to be the QB's people fall in love with, but smaller guys can play that position and be quite successful at it.

Russell Wilson was a two star.
Drew Brees was passed over due to his height. Recruiting was much different then, & the internet wasn't as much of a tool for exposure.
Siciliano is not rated real high, has no stars. He currently holds no offers.

I have no problem with a 6' QB. Just seems a little early to be on the trail for a guy that's not highly sought offer & is in the class of 2014. Especially when we have a 4 star in state QB in that class, that already has offers from rivals like Louisville & South Carolina.
My only problem is why aren't we going after in state kids, it's just like every other coach that's been there. Don't go after the top kids in the state, but I also think we have a good Qb here now, what we need is a defense.
panther nation Wrote:My only problem is why aren't we going after in state kids, it's just like every other coach that's been there. Don't go after the top kids in the state, but I also think we have a good Qb here now, what we need is a defense.

Bivin, Bolin, Hatcher, Hopkins, Quick, Timmons & White all in state kids.

While there are others, benefit of the doubt is hes only been coach for a few Weeks.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Russell Wilson was a two star.
Drew Brees was passed over due to his height. Recruiting was much different then, & the internet wasn't as much of a tool for exposure.

I have no problem with a 6' QB. Just seems a little early to be on the trail for a guy that's not highly sought offer & is in the class of 2014. Especially when we have a 4 star in state QB in that class, that already has offers from rivals like Louisville & South Carolina.

Maybe the coaches see something in him not many others have saw yet. There's a reason a lot of these guys on the staff are pretty well respected when it comes to recruiting. Don't question it until you see what the kid can do. and you say you have no problem with a 6'0 quaterback but also said he's short at 5'11 without mentioning any potential skills.
BellCoFaithful Wrote:Maybe the coaches see something in him not many others have saw yet. There's a reason a lot of these guys on the staff are pretty well respected when it comes to recruiting. Don't question it until you see what the kid can do. and you say you have no problem with a 6'0 quaterback but also said he's short at 5'11 without mentioning any potential skills.

Don't know his skill set, nor do I need to know. I know we have a 4 star in state kid I'd rather see on the roster than a no star 6' QB in that class. No offense, but I'll always back an in state kid over an out of state kid. Especially if the in state has already made a name. Honestly, wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit if Whitlow or Max Smith never took another snap at QB, if Towles is ready & capable next season.
Strikeout King Wrote:This is a 2014 Pro-Style QB

Details

The Blue Blur Wrote:Just so everyone knows, @Jay_Biz_5 is UK commit Jalen Battle. '

The Blue Blur Wrote:Russell Wilson was a two star.

That tweet was shortly before I had a phone interview with him. Great kid, talked to him for probably an hour. Lol, he has no offers because he's still just a young junior at 16. And he's being actively recruited by Coley at Flordia state and Oregon, among around 12 others. He also has been to and is invited to every top QB camp, including the Elite11 QB camp, Nike Football Training Camp, and the US Army and Under Armor All American Combines this January. He runs a 4.65 40 and 4.20 shuttle time. Balanced QB, alot like Russel Wilson...can run but is capable of 28-40 passes per game. And he has Johnny Manziel's exact humble, good attitude.

He might be short, but he's a hell of a football player and would help this team.
Here is an update from our workout last night/this morning.

His numbers ONLY from this latest workout I just mentioned, not his max's, but some did max.

Height: 5'11"
Weight: 190
40yard: 4.70
Shuttle: 4.25
Bench: 265
Squat: 325
Powerclean: 225
Military Press: 165

The more I work with this kid the more I love him. He's 16 and has his head on his shoulders, more mature than most 21+ year olds I know. Really, really hope we can get him up here. Doesn't matter if he doesn't play immediately...he's the type of player and QB that is just a pure football player, a'la Tebow style, and will help the team even just in practice. Not to mention his teammate, 2013 DB Blake McClain, has committed to UK already this year.

He's now a 16 year old junior. Let's say we get him and still have our current staff, Stoops and Brown ect, up through his career. He would be a frosh in 2014-15, making Smith a definite Senior and Towles and Whitlow probably JR and SO. He will be right in the mix during 14-16' to be our starter and we couldn't have a better bunch of kids at QB.
Steven Borden (Texas Juco TE) says Kentucky is #1 on list and will make an announcement on Wednesday

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/recruit...1-on-list/

Just an FYI for everyone, Steven is the son of pro wrestling legend Icon, Sting.
[quote=Strikeout King]Steven Borden (Texas Juco TE) says Kentucky is #1 on list and will make an announcement on Wednesday

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/recruit...1-on-list/

Just an FYI for everyone, Steven is the son of pro wrestling legend Icon, Sting.[/QUOTE]

If Sting's son does come to UK.... I am so gonna paint my face Blue and White like Sting did in his Surfer Gimmick days.
^ Right now everything points to that way.

MalikMalone#36 ‏@36DaBus just got done talking to a coach
Retweeted by Brian Eldridge
Keeps getting better!
That would be cool if the defensive line did that all year. Sting was is always will be my fav wrestler of all time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I have NEVER had this much fun watching a UK recruiting!!!!!!!!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Spring practice will be exciting for sure.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

^No doubt!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
It's good to be excited about UK football again!
Lovell Peterson also has Kentucky atop of his list. Peterson is a lineman out of Huber Heights OH
mccameraman Wrote:it's good to be excited about uk football again!

amen!!!
Wonder how many sold out commonwealth stadium will get this year?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Kentucky has offered Maurice Swain 3* tackle out of Georgia.

He has 11 college choices but 9 of those have offered including Kentucky. He's high on Kentucky, Cincinnati, Indiana and the way he talked on twitter, I would say he's coming to Kentucky
We seem to be getting a lot of attention really fast.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

@RecuitingKentucky has a kid from Delray Beach Fl begging UK for a scholarship. He's a 3* recruit.
prepforce.com/video/2575
cougarpride08 Wrote:Wonder how many sold out commonwealth stadium will get this year?

I think we gotta beat WKU first....
According to @RecruitingKentucky coaches are looking at 3* DT Logan Cart out of Owensboro.
redhound93 Wrote:According to @RecruitingKentucky coaches are looking at 3* DT Logan Cart out of Owensboro.

Good, I hope they get him to sway his commitment from Arkansas State.
Despite a recent offer from UK, former Lexington Catholic QB & Louisville commit Kyle Bolin will remain with the Cards. This per his twitter account.

Might as well offer Trinity QB Travis Wright, could help get the rest of the Trinity guys on board.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next