Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott County Central 94 - Hazard 86 (OT)
Great game to watch. Both teams left it all out on the court. There was alot of fouls but when a team plays defence like hazard dose you gotta expect alot of fouls. And hazard can afford to do that with the line up they have. Hazard should have won once the 3 knott players fouled out. Everyone thought the OT belonged to Hazard...... Congrats to knott for sticking in there for the win.
Stlcardsfan Wrote:Zaga- In response to my swallowing of whistles. Cornett and Christon fouled out early in the 4th and Hall early in OT. Knott was up 8 before Cornett and Christon left. Once you go past Blake Shrum they don't play anyone else in the rotation regularly. If Hazard and KCC both have at least 2 foul out, advantage Hazard. That's how they made their run with Hollon getting inside (everyone knows justice can't defend) and no one to stop Olinger except the bench players fouling him and sending him to the line. Knott pulled away before each team had players foul out. Players started fouling out and Hazard roared back.

I see your point.
The big men being in the paint could have made a difference...

but imo Hazard came back by stealing it from JBS's ball handlers and shooting the ball. Hollan did break down the defense and get inside a few times - but I kind of think he would have went to the line no matter who was inside.

There's a million ways to look at it.

It's not been mentioned too much on here - but what does everyone think about the intentional foul call?
2 points for the dunk 2 fts and the ball out of bounds.

I don't like to speculate about refs and go on about bad calls, but I thought that was stretching a little bit to call that an intentional foul. Hazard had completely regained the momentum up to that point.
^Complete and Utter Trash. I was sitting at the angle where i could see if triplett even nicked him and no contact at all was made. I guess that ref was trying to make a point to protect Hall or something. But no contact at all was made.
I didn't hear the intentional foul because my radio station wouldn't stop buffering. If I remember exactly, I believe after it had happened, one of the announcers said something about an upper cut that caused the intentional.
KHSAA12 Wrote:^Complete and Utter Trash. I was sitting at the angle where i could see if triplett even nicked him and no contact at all was made. I guess that ref was trying to make a point to protect Hall or something. But no contact at all was made.

Strikeout King Wrote:I didn't hear the intentional foul because my radio station wouldn't stop buffering. If I remember exactly, I believe after it had happened, one of the announcers said something about an upper cut that caused the intentional.

Triplett did make contact with Evan Hall... But he should NOT have been an intentional foul.... Knowing Tyler Triplett if Trip wanted to intentional foul him everyone would have known it....

[Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A-nPkWFCcAEhHZH.jpg:large]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Looks like he was trying to get out of the way to me
Wish I could dunk that easy lol. Sweet pic.
Zaga- after short and justice, Cornett and Christon would be your next two ball handlers if KCC had their way, not Shrum, Williams and/or Miller. So the TOs came a little easier via the press as a result of fouling out.
Strikeout King - he was behind the play as Hall drove down if I remember correctly, he was trying to get in the way.
I understand calling a foul- MAYBE- but just for an And-1 not intentional
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stlcardsfan Wrote:Strikeout King - he was behind the play as Hall drove down if I remember correctly, he was trying to get in the way.

But still that's not an intentional foul.
This was a great early season game. Knott is very young. Filled with Sophs in the starting line up. This makes them very scary because those kids are going to improve with all the playing time they will get between now and the end of the season. Hazard has a good team as well, but their ceiling may not be as high as Knott's for this reason. So for everyone that is saying that there is no way Knott would beat Hazard later on a neutral floor, I wouldn't be so sure because not only will the best player in the region be better, but so will his supporting cast. Thanks to both teams for giving us a great early season show.
ekff Wrote:I understand calling a foul- MAYBE- but just for an And-1 not intentional

During the game I thought it was just and 1 also, but that picture tell's me that Trip was not making a play on the ball and is an obvious undercut! He should have just let Hall dunk it, in this case hustling hurt his team!
ekff Wrote:Triplett did make contact with Evan Hall... But he should NOT have been an intentional foul.... Knowing Tyler Triplett if Trip wanted to intentional foul him everyone would have known it....

[Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A-nPkWFCcAEhHZH.jpg:large]

POSTERIZED!!!!

Nice pick ekff.
great early season game. the officials called it pretty bad on both ends. lot of touch fouls out top and a lot of no calls around the rim.

i think hazard should go inside a lot more instead of passing it around and shooting 3's. i don't know if hudson had a bad game or just a lack of touches but he never seemed to get anything going. it was my first time watching him though would like to see him play more.
the kid who went down for hazard seems like a good ball player. injury looked pretty severe from my seat, hope he can get back

justice is the real deal. even being hounded to whole game could find ways to hit big shots. i think the intentional foul was a little suspect however the boy made no play on the ball and ran up and under a man in the air. still should of just been an and 1 imo

whats up with spuds theatrical ref moves. not a fan of a refs trying to draw attention by dancing around on calls.
It is sad to report that I was told Josh Hollon has a fractured fibula (one of the bones in the calf, not his ankle) and will be out at least six to eight weeks.
divadawg Wrote:It is sad to report that I was told Josh Hollon has a fractured fibula (one of the bones in the calf, not his ankle) and will be out at least six to eight weeks.

Thats the report right now, but at this moment Hollan is in the UK waiting room waiting for a second opinion.....

Praying for better news today!!! He is a great kid and ball player!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
divadawg Wrote:It is sad to report that I was told Josh Hollon has a fractured fibula (one of the bones in the calf, not his ankle) and will be out at least six to eight weeks.

I really hate to hear this news for this young man. Kid has probably worked his butt off during the simmer camps and throughout his career to get to this big moment in his life and then learns he may miss up to 8 weeks. That pretty much is the rest of the season. That's a big blow for Hazard, and definitely for him and his family.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I really hate to hear this news for this young man. Kid has probably worked his butt off during the simmer camps and throughout his career to get to this big moment in his life and then learns he may miss up to 8 weeks. That pretty much is the rest of the season. That's a big blow for Hazard, and definitely for him and his family.
Hate to hear this. He played great last night.
Heard scouts from WVU, Temple,Tulane, G'town [Ky] and Xavier was there..

Real good source who works right on the score desk.
Strikeout King Wrote:But still that's not an intentional foul.

Didnt say it was..? I was just letting you know he did run underneath him. I could see why a ref would call it intentional, though I still don't think it was. In live action, it would appear as him under cutting him. Just giving you my POV as I saw it that night.
Stlcardsfan Wrote:Didnt say it was..? I was just letting you know he did run underneath him. I could see why a ref would call it intentional, though I still don't think it was. In live action, it would appear as him under cutting him. Just giving you my POV as I saw it that night.

I wasn't there just going by what the radio announcers were saying and from the picture it looked to me like he was trying to get out of the way. Don't see why a player would intentionally foul someone on purpose and no I'm not saying you said it was an intentional.
Overrated Wrote:Heard scouts from WVU, Temple,Tulane, G'town [Ky] and Xavier was there..

Real good source who works right on the score desk.

Thats probably a good possibility
LOL @ all the hazard/perry fans crying about refball
baller4lyfe Wrote:LOL @ all the hazard/perry fans crying about refball

I thought that the game was called consistently throughout.
I just wanted everyone's opinion on the intentional - I was behind the JBS Student section so I didn't get to see it up close.
zaga_fan Wrote:i was behind the jbs student section

0/10
BTW, before this game, I didn't pick a winner but I said would go to OT and Hazard would have a lot of fouls... Hazard plays physical! Hard to play physical in the mountains they don't allow much of it...

As for the intentional foul, I believe some of that had to do with who it was "Triplett." he is a hard-nose player that really gets after it.. Refs know it, but on this call I do believe the ref jumped the gun. May have thought Triplett was going to do something... I have heard 14th region coaches say Triplett is a little dirty!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
it was contact still wrong call in my book but great game
My thoughts after the game.

-These two teams at this point are the best two in the region.(Once Johnson is eligible that may change)

-Hazard depth is ridiculous crazy, they probably played 10 or 11 players and none of them seem to miss a beat whoever came in.

-Cameron Justice, Wow is all I can say, I was watching him warm up dont think he missed a shot while warming up. He didnt seem to cool off to much during the game either. Justice is the best player in this region.

-Knott has got a deadly 1-2 punch with Justice/Hall both seem to got better over the summer

- Free throws win ball games, Kcc shot more than Hazard but KCC took advantage of going to the line, while Hazard missed a lot of FTs.

-The intentional foul was bogus from my view, and And1, yes but and intentionall? No way..As most said the game was called very tightly.

-KCC won the game so not taking anything away from them but I think a healthy Hazard team takes them on a neutral court.

-Final thought, I hope Hollan injury isn't to serious and wish him a speedy recovery. I hope to see him back on the court this season. He is a hell of a player and John Henson ranking Hollan preseason 7th in the top 10 players, he needs to come over to the 14th some more because that is just crazy.
This was a good game to watch. Knowone in the 14th region can play with Knotts first 5 and they had there 6-4 7th man out last night sick. He gets about 10 a game and rest the other inside players. He would have made a big difference and for this reason I think Knott will be hard to beat. As for the intentional foul, everyone knows Hall can really get up and for someone to try to run him down and stop him from dunking is not logical. I think triplett did exactly what he intended to do and Hall had to hang on the rim to keep from getting hurt. Hope Hollan is alright, seams every year a good player in the 14th gets injured.