Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Have Next Years Schedule Completed
Tomcat68 Wrote:Yes, they are. Check 3A district 5
And talking about choosing to play up in class, they went up 2 classes. They are in taylor County's district next year and Taylor County is 3A this year.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:And talking about choosing to play up in class, they went up 2 classes. They are in taylor County's district next year and Taylor County is 3A this year.

Somerset just barely made the cut as a very small 2A team next season. They are choosing to play up 1 class, though.

Taylor is 3A this season, and will be next season as well, but their enrollment next year would only need about 5 more boys to push them into 4A
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Here is Lawrence Co's
Rowan Co.
Boyd Co.
Greenup Co.
Coal Grove
Sheldon Clark
Russell
Breathitt Co.
Belfry
P-burg

I cant remember the other one at this time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Batpuff Wrote:Here is Lawrence Co's
Rowan Co.
Boyd Co.
Greenup Co.
Coal Grove
Sheldon Clark
Russell
Breathitt Co.
Belfry
P-burg

I cant remember the other one at this time.
Are those in order? I was just wondering why Breathitt and Lawrence played so late if it was in order.

Tomcat68 Wrote:Somerset just barely made the cut as a very small 2A team next season. They are choosing to play up 1 class, though.

Taylor is 3A this season, and will be next season as well, but their enrollment next year would only need about 5 more boys to push them into 4A
I know that they will move up in years to come becasue my son goes to Taylor County Elem. and they have an enrollment of over 1250 students. They are the largest elem. school (k-5) in Ky., or so they tell me.

Why would Pikeville agree to play @ Ashland both seasons?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
that was the only way they would play us. they wouoldnt come to pikeville for some reason.
By what I've heard Shelby Valley's is like this: (not in order)

Pike Central-Pike Co. Bowl
Appalachia, VA. @ Appalachia
Morgan Co.
Bath Co.
Prestonsburg
Belfry
Knox
Knott
East Ridge
Don't know the tenth game
kysportsguru Wrote:By what I've heard Shelby Valley's is like this: (not in order)

Pike Central-Pike Co. Bowl
Appalachia, VA. @ Appalachia
Morgan Co.
Bath Co.
Prestonsburg
Belfry
Knox
Knott
East Ridge
Don't know the tenth game

1.)Pike Central-(H)-Aug. 21
2.)Open Week-Aug.31
3.)Knot Central-(H)-Sept. 7
4.)Belfry-(H)-Sept. 14
5.)Bath County-(A)-Sept. 21
6.)Knox Central-(H)-Sept. 28
7.)East Ridge-(A)-Oct. 5
8.)Appalachia-(A)-Oct. 12
9.)Morgan County-(H)-Oct. 19
10.)Prestonsburg-(A)-Oct. 26
11.)Breathitt County-(H)-Nov. 2

In order
Sc is playing Bell county.
TheyKnowMe Wrote:Sc is playing Bell county.
Is that the only game they are playing next year.
So SV's pike county bowl game is at Valley next year
Prestonsburg also dropped someone from there schedule and picked up Breathitt Co
Here is there schedule for the 2007 season:

Home - Betsy Layne
Away - Breathitt Co
LOOKING FOR A TEAM TO SCHEDULE FOR WEEK 3
Home - Lawrence Co
*Morgan Co
Away - Paintsville
Bye
*Shelby Valley
*Bath Co
Away - Pikeville
*Perry County Central

for the games I * that means they havnt determined wheather there home or away.
I'd like to see them get a good team instead of a cup cake. Adding Breathitt will help them and so will Pikeville....maybe Paintsville, I don't know what they have coming back next season. Schedule someone that will help you when the playoffs roll around though is my advice.
IRISH4 Wrote:I'd like to see them get a good team instead of a cup cake. Adding Breathitt will help them and so will Pikeville....maybe Paintsville, I don't know what they have coming back next season. Schedule someone that will help you when the playoffs roll around though is my advice.

They have most skill players returning. Bobby Hughes, Allen Craynon, Seth Setser, Nathaniel Stephens, Matt Blevins, but IMO that will be there key players for next season.
Do you think they will be more pass oriented or run? I've watched them play SC and Belfry and it looks like they would have had great success if they were more balanced, but relied too much on the running ability of #5 and #33. They are good ball players, but the QB (Hughs) throws good passes but the receivers need to catch or attempt to make an effort to catch. The Belfry game is a prime example.
IMO with the way that the freshman burchett throws don't be surprised if he sees some time next year. He is going to be a good one I think.
Has he got any reps this season? The two games I attended it was only Hughs playing.
Let's get back on the topic of schedules for next year, please.
Anybody have any word on Belfry's schedule?

I know that SV, Pikeville, and Lawrence County are three non-district games.
Pike Central, East Ridge, and Sheldon Clark will be district games. So that gives us six, plus the PCB which should be against Corbin making seven.

Looking at what is in place Belfry needs 3 solid challenges in their last three games because Valley and LC have been less than par and Corbin has been mediocre at best the past few years. Pikeville will be loaded in 1A and SC will be a solid opponent as well.

I have heard rumors of a 7 year contract being signed with Ashland. Also grumblings that Belfry will pick up Johnson Central. If this is true then the schedule has a definitive upgrade and it leaves room for one more game. Personally, I would like to see the Pirates take on Wayne, WV (2A power... same size... not too far).
The one team on our schedule im going to miss playing is mason county they always seem to play us well and they are a very classy and respectful program it looks like well get one more chance so lets all make it a memorable one for both sides on the playoffs
I was looking @ The realignment and class 6 district 5 only has four teams so would all four qualify for the playoffs or is the khsaa re-doing the playoff system as well
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I was looking @ The realignment and class 6 district 5 only has four teams so would all four qualify for the playoffs or is the khsaa re-doing the playoff system as well

Yes, all 4 of those teams would qualify for the playoffs, even if one of them were 0-10 during the regular season.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Prestonsburg
Jackson County
Pikeville *
South FLoyd*
Paintsville*
Allen Central*
Open
Powell County
Phelps
Jenkins
Beth Haven
IRISH4 Wrote:Do you think they will be more pass oriented or run? I've watched them play SC and Belfry and it looks like they would have had great success if they were more balanced, but relied too much on the running ability of #5 and #33. They are good ball players, but the QB (Hughs) throws good passes but the receivers need to catch or attempt to make an effort to catch. The Belfry game is a prime example.

Well thats the thing that gets me. All of our good WRs, and TEs, are on this years team and there seniors. #3 Allen Craynon, #20 Taylor Clark, and #7 Austin Gearheart is our only real threats catching the ball. #2 Hughes throws really nice passes but most of the players exspect it to land in there arms instead of laying out for the ball. As for #10 Micheal Burchett, he is a really smart football player. Has a really high IQ of the game and plays. He can contribute to this team his Junior and Senior year but not next season, only playing time I see him getting next season is if Bobby gets hurt or if Prestonsburg is winning by a large margin.
blackcat_student Wrote:Here is there schedule for the 2007 season:

Home - Betsy Layne
Away - Breathitt Co
LOOKING FOR A TEAM TO SCHEDULE FOR WEEK 3
Home - Lawrence Co
*Morgan Co
Away - Paintsville
Bye
*Shelby Valley
*Bath Co
Away - Pikeville
*Perry County Central

for the games I * that means they havnt determined wheather there home or away.

I would love for them to schedule JC. SC would be another good game to keep the rivalry going.
Beef Wrote:Why would Pikeville agree to play @ Ashland both seasons?

$$$
I kow McCreary is needing 3 games for the next 2 seasons..
orisonspi Wrote:Anybody have any word on Belfry's schedule?

I know that SV, Pikeville, and Lawrence County are three non-district games.
Pike Central, East Ridge, and Sheldon Clark will be district games. So that gives us six, plus the PCB which should be against Corbin making seven.

Looking at what is in place Belfry needs 3 solid challenges in their last three games because Valley and LC have been less than par and Corbin has been mediocre at best the past few years. Pikeville will be loaded in 1A and SC will be a solid opponent as well.

I have heard rumors of a 7 year contract being signed with Ashland. Also grumblings that Belfry will pick up Johnson Central. If this is true then the schedule has a definitive upgrade and it leaves room for one more game. Personally, I would like to see the Pirates take on Wayne, WV (2A power... same size... not too far).

I dont know how you can say that Lawrence CO has been less than par, even when LC is down always gives Belfry more than they want, and this year was the biggest point margin in the last 6 years.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]