Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland Blazer vs. Johnson Central
Every District, Regional, Sectional and State Championship Ashland has ever won should be followed by a *

I'm sure JC isn't the only victim of "The Tomcat Way of Winning"
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
No self respecting coach or administrator would not have straightened this out when it happened. No respect for those in charge.
American Dream Wrote:Eagle Eye if the rest of your family cries like you do I don't think they will be asked to go many places.

Well I am sure NOTSOBAD that I wouldn't want to go anywhere with you and :hilarious::biglmao:
your classy coach!!!! All I can say is when it comes to being an :moon:, you and your coach are......................................:1:

:theman:
The problem is the girls deserve to play on regulation size field, and this would not have happened. State track meet is not held on a track half the normal size, football championship is not played on Canadian size field, state swim meet is not in a kiddy pool, let's give these girls a field the proper size for championship tourney!
The tournament should be played on a regular fast pitch field but the size of the field had nothing to do with the outcome of this game...Inadequate umpires with improper rotation did...Also the lack of a formal protest policy by the KHSAA blows my mind....There is zero accountability held by them...basically what they say is you can come to one of our state championships and we will not govern the outcomes decided by 3 individuals albeit incorrectly...the KHSAA is a sham has been and will continue to be as long as the good ole boy mentality that is so prevalent in KY is allowed to continue.
Feel sorry for the girls from Johnson Central!! The girls from Ashland will remember the game as one they actually lost. This game will not be a good memory for either team!!
Johnson Central got hosed.
I've been on here since 2009 as American Dream I have no other screen names as you think I do. I really could care less if you cry and moan about the loss till the end of time. The Kittens finished 2-2 last week and that's what the records will say forever.
I've seen the replay about 5 times. Terrible call!!! I agree the Softball State Tournament should be played on a regulation field, maybe one of the Collegiate fields in the state. Saying that, I think if the KHSAA moved to a site like a college campus, then the tournament would have to go to a single elimination format instead of the double that is used now.
American Dream Wrote:I've been on here since 2009 as American Dream I have no other screen names as you think I do. I really could care less if you cry and moan about the loss till the end of time. The Kittens finished 2-2 last week and that's what the records will say forever.

Yep, it's the ASH Land way to be total scum of the earth, aint it?..!!! Thanks for confirming it.

What a comment to make!!!!.......lol
American Dream Wrote:I've been on here since 2009 as American Dream I have no other screen names as you think I do. I really could care less if you cry and moan about the loss till the end of time. The Kittens finished 2-2 last week and that's what the records will say forever.

Well if that makes you feel better than :Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Thumbs:

We and the whole state and the whole nation really know what happened and only the few who choose not can follow the path your coach is taking and losing every ounce of respect of everyone in athletics...

Hope it makes you happy:kneel:

The bolded sums up the entire Ashland athletic program, Ashland fan base and is the reason why Ashland is hated for all the wrong reasons. This situation is worse than when Hulk Hogan turned Heel at WCW's Bash at the Beach '96. Ashland has to be one of the most well known schools in the state. But now, between the 2005 "Wide Right" field goal at Putnam and the 2014 state softball home run scandle.... it's kinda hard to deny it.

The entire Ashland athletic took about 50 steps backwards this past week. If Ashland's coaches/players/administration would have stepped up while the call was in question and admitted it was a home run and gave JC the win.... then Ashland would have EARNED THE RESPECT OF THE STATE! There is more to sports than winning.

And one last thing.... I know, FOR A FACT, that if the situation was reversed, there is no way that Johnson Central's coach/administration would have just sit on their hands and let their team win this way. Mr Trimble (JC's Superintendent), Mr. Crum (JC's Principal) or Coach Hurt would not have allowed something like this to occur to another team. Trust me.... I heard it for 6 years between the middle school and high school, "Remember our two key words... Pride and Respect"
zaga_fan Wrote:I know that this was a bad call...
it was a horrible call that carried some tough repercussions...
but let's not kid ourselves.

No one cheated, no one purposefully robbed anyone...
Some guys screwed up because they weren't in the right position.

To say that THIS is the reason that refs get assaulted after games is a disgrace to all of us civil human beings.
Referees get assaulted after sporting events because the people that assault them are barbarian wastes that think they've got something to prove

I disagree. In the heat of the moment... people do stupid stuff. I know this because I deal with people who've made "life changing" mistakes every day of my working life. Especially when it comes to somebody's kid. And the manner in which this happened... from Joy and Jubiliation of winning to the Gloom and Doom of having a game winning call reversed is powder keg for an emotional blow up. And who gets all the attention of those emotions.... the referees/umpires.
Come on American Dream, get your head out of your hind side. You, as well as your coaches, fan base and all players, know you were actually 0-2..... You and your colleagues could show a little class if you would admit it. Not holding my breath....
After reading all the comments and watching the video it is very hard for a JC fan to see the hard work our girls have done taken from them by incompetent officials and an opponent who will win at any costs. Still there is just one group to blame, KHSAA.

The KHSAA is a joke! They are a group of entitled school administrators who are there for their own personal agenda or their schools. Until they change the makeup of the current board with people who care about the kids and not wanting to punish another school or reward an their area with events, noting will change.

One thing JC fans can do is become active and make the KHSAA accountable for their actions. We need to run local people for the board and let the board know they are incompetent and they failed miserably at the Girls State Softball Tournament.

One advantage we have as JC fans is our school is respected for their sportsmanship. Our students go into life being taught to play fair and take your lumps, learn from them and move on with the knowledge we did the right thing. No school or group can ever take thast from us!
This whole situation is like a pro wrestling match... where the referee is being distracted by a manager (Bobby Heenan, Mr. Fuji) and his Heel wrestler (Ric Flair, Yokozuna) uses a foreign object against the BabyFace wrestler (The Ultimate Warrior, Bret Hart) to win the WWF title.

Yes.... in pro wrestling, we all expect the referee to miss obvious calls that influence match outcomes and storylines.

HOWEVER.... When (what are supposed to be the best in the best) umpires CHANGE A CALL that influences the outcome of a STATE TOURNAMENT GAME... there is no place for that. Those umpires should turn in their license.
Olderthandirt Wrote:2) The third base umpire should have been the last person to make the call, the home rum was to right-center, the farthest point from them. One of the umpires on the right side of the field should have ran towards the right-center area to make sure he they knew what the saw. I blame the umpires for that, lazy actions and just poor quality of officiating a game at that level..

The home plate umpire is the person that makes the call GRD or HR.

I wasn't there, but this has killed me all weekend. I hate this for the Johnson Central players….It's my understanding that the home plate umpire called HR, as did the 1B umpire (per the recap in the Ashland Daily Independent). Then the Ashland coach got to the 3B umpire who basically said "hold the phone" and that's when the fence issue was brought into play and well we know the rest.

The real problem here is Fisher Park and the temporary fencing. The KHSAA says this is good enough and last month awarded the softball tournament to Owensboro through 2018.

Why is it that Kentucky has to be inadequate? The OHSAA in Ohio plays it's state softball tournament at Akron's Firestone Stadium, designed for baseball and softball where the MAC holds is NCAA softball tournament and a professional fast pitch softball team plays. The WVSSAC in West Virginia has Vienna Park in Parkersburg with no temporary fencing complete with 3 fields of play and 3 used for warm-up purposes.

Other state have figured out Title IX…Kentucky, in this case the KHSAA, is dragging behind as always.
Also, after looking at the officials listed for the game, based off of mailing addresses I question if the 3B umpire was 14th region. The other two are I'm sure. I'm also assuming that the last name listed for 3B umpire in question was "mis-spelled" by the scorekeeper, because there's not a name ANYWHERE that matches the one of the score-sheet, but in the directory the name matches if you change ONE letter.

The 1B umpire had 10 years experience and is a level 3…The home plate umpire had 42 years experience and is a level 3…The 3B umpire 7 years experience and a level 2.
Bad call, JC girl was a hero no doubt. Just remember before we start pointing fingers and calling out schools. We all have dirty laundry.

http://www.khsaa.org/news/20072008/news.pdf
Bowling Green made a bid to host the state softball tournament, yet was turned down in May in favor of the tournament staying in Owensboro. The NEW Michael O. Buchanon Park has EIGHT fields and ALL have PERMANENT fencing. Also the WKU Softball Complex is a jewell with PERMANENT fencing.

I know that temporary or permanent fencing is totally legal per the by-laws, but this needs to be reviewed.

Buchanon Park was the facility presented by the city of Bowling Green to the KHSAA and was turned down. Google some images of this place and compare it to Owensboro and what we saw on the video tape. Amazing how the KHSAA wouldn't selected this new site in Bowling Green.

American dream you are an idiot and must be another one of them people that likes to win any way possible yeah real good way to lead by example maybe you will grow up one of these days and realize its about the kids not the adults but regardless JC got cheated you know it I know it khsaa admitted to it yeah you may have finished 2 and 2 but Ashland has lost respect from all Ky high school and rumor has it your alls coach is getting the head coaching job at Ky Christian college if that's the case he will definitely destoy that colleges reputation a Christian college getting a cheater for a head coach wow what a way to lead by example.good day sir and evidenty u have no morals either.
Wow name calling you are really hurting my feelings. I will lose not one minutes sleep over this because I have no use for ANY of the people crying on here. No matter what you lose at you feel like you have been cheated. The call was wrong I can't argue that the umpires made a terrible mistake. If you're going to talk about wrestling please talk about the real stuff not the WWE!
Question??? Will Brooke Williamson still be going to KCU and play for Coach Miller?
Go to KCU's Website and take a look at the fields KCU softball will play on next year!
Outside, man i'm glad your back. I am looking forward to hearing how you could have taken any team in the state tournament this yr and won it all!!!!! GLAD YOU ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!
Wow still going on about it! Calling another school and fan base scum that beats everything I've seen on here (as bad as I don't like Ashland either). That just shows the class of JC bunch on here. Sure I call some idiots, morons and stupid on here but would never stoop to saying scum. I even got suspended and had to start a new account because after LC was ragged on I called a team soft and weak. Maybe all the admin's on here are the ones who have no class letting this go on.
Kycat glad you been looking for me. Maybe you and I can get together and have long discussion. Since you think you know me than come on by and we can have a talk. I'm looking forward to it. How did state go for you? Sorry but I didn't make it up there this year. I was in South Carolina. Hey if you want I'll be in Knoxville this weekend so we can get together on my way back.
KyRock Wrote:Wow still going on about it! Calling another school and fan base scum that beats everything I've seen on here (as bad as I don't like Ashland either). That just shows the class of JC bunch on here. Sure I call some idiots, morons and stupid on here but would never stoop to saying scum. I even got suspended and had to start a new account because after LC was ragged on I called a team soft and weak. Maybe all the admin's on here are the ones who have no class letting this go on.

Maybe the next account you start you can call yourself BUSH-LEAGUE which would make you appropriately named. Wind still blowing balk out of the bark in LC.
Eagle84 Wrote:Maybe the next account you start you can call yourself BUSH-LEAGUE which would make you appropriately named. Wind still blowing balk out of the bark in LC.

What an idiot! If you could be on the outside looking in at how stupid you look. Go ahead bring LC into it and I got to thinking. Maybe if you Johnson Co. idiots and the others jealous of LC would stop and take a minute to look at yourself. You would see maybe its not LC and that the problem is You! :Shaking:
Oh btw for those that have a crush on Chandler. Did you hear???? He got drafted by some team up North The Boston Redsox or something like that.