Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shane Hall Leaving Marshall
basketball101 Wrote:Hope he ends up playing somewhere .

I can't think of a team he could start for? Well besides Alice Lloyd!
A couple of things that will help him are the fact that he wakes up every morning standing a solid 6'8". At the end of the day, he's still 6'8". He is a pretty good free throw shooter and rebounder, and he is a very good shot blocker. He never seemed like a prima donna on the court at all, he caught a lot of crap and some downright beatings from opponents for four years and never seemed to get "chippy", and kept a pretty good composure about his game. Therefore, this young student athlete will have plenty of opportunities to play ball and get a good education at a good price. It is up to him to decide if that is what he wants. Good luck kid.
kaylamoore Wrote:Look, it's fine that you have a personal problem with me because I honestly couldn't care less.

However, I want to take a second to defend my initial statement and say that myself and many, many others have NO idea why you became so offended by it in the first place. I was diplomatic and wished Shane well. I wasn't condescending. In the short of it -- all I said was that he basically ripped up an $80k check, in the form of four years of tuition, housing, books, and meals. And at the end of the day, that's a true statement. We all know it.

For someone to believe in you and recognize how truly talented you are, that's a compliment.

I also said I'm not mad at the kid -- he's a kid. But to suggest to a child that it's a good idea to give up on a four year ride to Marshall University is irresponsible, at best. Yes, we can support him. I've shown support to him and to Johnson Central. I cheered for them in the Sweet 16. You can ask the coaching staff, they caught me in Rupp Arena sporting black and gold attire. I enjoyed seeing Shane as a finalist at the Mr. Basketball event. I enjoyed as many JC games as my schedule would allow.

I also want to say I was an advocate for the Central girls to the KHSAA when the softball fiasco went on. For you to be angry with me as if I'm anti-Johnson Central is absurd. It's the farthest thing from the truth.

I haven't said an ill word. I've spoken the truth. End of story.

He will pick on and talk down to women but has been avoiding me for over a month. Smh :Shaking: Confusednicker: