Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central Coaching Search
Heard today the job has been offered to Dudley Hilton. Supposed to give them answer by Monday.
Mr. Pike Central, your sources are not very good
Best Ever Wrote:Mr. Pike Central, your sources are not very good
:lmao:
Big Don Wrote:Heard today the job has been offered to Dudley Hilton. Supposed to give them answer by Monday.

Confusednicker:
May was never in play, you're right about him wanting the basketball job though.
Big Don Wrote:Heard today the job has been offered to Dudley Hilton. Supposed to give them answer by Monday.

Really? Would love to know who told you that because they're crazy.
I just seen in a Williamson daily news article that they said David Jones should be a consideration for the job.dont u have to be a teacher to get head coaching job?also I would think he wouldn't think about it and stay at Belfry..

Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
cuppett777 Wrote:I just seen in a Williamson daily news article that they said David Jones should be a consideration for the job.dont u have to be a teacher to get head coaching job?also I would think he wouldn't think about it and stay at Belfry..

You know I was thinking about that, because I have David as a friend on Facebook and he mentioned something on there a few days ago about making a major decision about his future.

I wouldn't mind David becoming our head coach.
I think Jones is an interesting candidate if he indeed is one. I think he would make a real good coach some day. I wonder if Pike Central is wanting someone with previous head coaching experience or coordinator experience or would they want someone young and green and real ambitious? Interesting idea though.
Jones can be hired on as a head coach without being a teacher he would be considered a Level 2 coach since he graduated college.

Bylaw 27. Requirement for Coaches and Others Working With High School Teams
Sec. 1) Definitions
a) Level 1 Coaches
An individual seeking a coaching position shall be categorized as Level 1 if that individual is a certified teacher and member of the regular school system faculty and meets the following criteria prior to assignment to coaching duties:
1) Is employed a minimum of three (3) regular periods for teaching classes, including physical education;
2) Is employed for supervision of study halls; or
3) Is exercising responsibilities in other activity assignments
within the school schedule. b) Level 2 Coaches
An individual seeking a coaching position shall be categorized as Level 2 if that individual meets the following criteria prior to assignment to coaching duties and does not meet the qualifications of Level 1:
1) Shall be 21 years of age;
2) Shall not be a violent offender or convicted of a sex crime as
defined by KRS 17.165 that is classified as a felony; and
3) Shall submit to a criminal record check under KRS 160.380. 4) Shall meet one of the following additional qualifications:
i. Have graduated from a public or accredited high school and hold a provisional or standard teaching certificate;
ii. Have completed sixty-four semester hours of college credit from an accredited college or university as documented by an official transcript; or
iii. Be a graduate from a public or accredited high school and be in compliance with the local district standards for serving as an approved substitute teacher as approved by the Education Professional Standards Board; or
iv. Be a graduate from a public or accredited high school and complete a Level 1 Coaching Certification Program approved by NFHS as well as completing prescribed electives as detailed by the KHSAA Board of Control. Level 2 coaches approved under exception (iv) shall complete the KHSAA Coaching Education program prior to coaching in the first interscholastic contest.
5) Prior to assuming duties, Level 2 coaches shall successfully complete training provided by the local school district. The training shall include information on the physical and emotional development of students of the age with whom the Level II coach will be working, the district’s and school’s discipline policies, procedures for dealing with discipline problems, and safety and first aid training. Follow up training shall be provided annually.
c) Waiver of Level 2 64-hour requirement
In the event that the member school is unable to staff head or assistant coaching positions in any sport or sport activity (including cheerleading) with a Level 1 or Level 2 individual, the member school may request through the Superintendent that the KHSAA allow for a waiver of this rule in order that the additional time be available to find an applicant meeting the criteria.
d) Head Coach
As referred in this regulation, the head coach shall be the head varsity coach designated by the school or Board of Education unless otherwise noted in the bylaw.
Sec. 2) Hiring and Employment Requirements a) Required Level
Level 1 or 2 individuals (head and assistant) may be assigned as the head or assistant coach in any sport or sport activity (including cheerleading).
b) Member School Obligations in Hiring
1) The Superintendent shall ensure that all assignments for
coaching duties comply with all applicable state and local
policies.
2) The hiring process shall ensure that in considering those
individuals seeking coaching duties, the most qualified individual shall be assigned. In considering qualifications, the qualifications desired for the position, the references, interviews and experience of those seeking the duties, and the education background shall be considered.
c) Compensation
Any person assigned to coaching duties at any level (grades 9-12) shall be duly employed through the respective board of education and the entire coaching salary shall be paid through that board in accordance with local Board of Education policy.
Sec. 3) Post Hire Requirements and Requirements for Continuing Coaching Duties
a) C.P.R. and AED Training
All coaches (head and assistant) at any level in all sanctioned sports and sport activities (including cheerleading) shall provide documentation of successful completion of a C.P.R. course including the use of an Automatic External Defibrillator and the requisite First Aid Training, as approved by a college or University, the American Red Cross, American Heart Association or other bona fide accrediting agency. Initial certification must use in-person instruction and certification must be timely and appropriately updated as required by the approving agency.
b) Coaches Education Program
1) A Coaches Education Program has been approved as the
coaching education program in Kentucky. The program shall include a course of study to include a KHSAA approved Coaches Education Program, KHSAA rules information and local district policies. The cost of attending the KHSAA Coaches Education Program shall be the responsibility of the individual coach(es). Local school districts or local schools may, upon successful completion of all coaching education requirements including all examinations, reimburse the coaches for the expense of attending the course.
2) Level 1 individuals assigned to duties as a coach (head or assistant), who are hired as a member of the school system faculty for the first time following the 1995-96 school year shall take and complete all requirements for the Kentucky Coaches Education Program as detailed in Section b(1) above within one year of the initial assignment to coaching duties or prior to the legal start of practice for the next competitive season in any particular sport to which the individual is assigned, whichever occurs first.
3) Level 2 individuals (subsections I, ii and iii) assigned to duties as a coach (head or assistant) shall take and complete all requirements for the KHSAA Approved Coaches Education Program as detailed in Section b(1) above within one year of the initial assignment to coaching duties or prior to the legal start of practice for the next competitive season in any particular sport to which the individual is assigned, whichever occurs first.
4) Level 2 individuals (subsections Iv) assigned to duties as a coach (head or assistant) shall take and complete all requirements for the KHSAA Approved Coaches Education Program as detailed in Section b(1) above within one year of the initial assignment to coaching duties or prior to the legal start of practice for the next competitive season in any particular sport to which the individual is assigned, whichever occurs first.
c) Sports Safety Training
1) Each coach (head and assistant, including cheerleading)
at all levels (grades 9-12) shall be required to complete a sports safety course consisting of training on how to prevent common injuries.
i. The content of the course shall include emergency planning,
heat and cold illnesses, emergency recognition, head injuries, neck injuries, facial injuries and the principles of first aid.
ii. The course shall be taught by a Certified Athletic Trainer, Registered Nurse, Physician or Physician’s Assistant licensed to practice in Kentucky.
iii. The course material and content shall be updated every thirty (30) months.
iv. Each coach having completed the course shall re-certify by taking the course not less than once every two (2) years.
2) Successful completion of the course shall constitute a passing score.
3) For the 2009-2010 school year, at least one coach who has
2009-2010 KHSAA HANDBOOK
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Jones can be hired on as a head coach without being a teacher he would be considered a Level 2 coach since he graduated college.

Bylaw 27. Requirement for Coaches and Others Working With High School Teams
Sec. 1) Definitions
a) Level 1 Coaches
An individual seeking a coaching position shall be categorized as Level 1 if that individual is a certified teacher and member of the regular school system faculty and meets the following criteria prior to assignment to coaching duties:
1) Is employed a minimum of three (3) regular periods for teaching classes, including physical education;
2) Is employed for supervision of study halls; or
3) Is exercising responsibilities in other activity assignments
within the school schedule. b) Level 2 Coaches
An individual seeking a coaching position shall be categorized as Level 2 if that individual meets the following criteria prior to assignment to coaching duties and does not meet the qualifications of Level 1:
1) Shall be 21 years of age;
2) Shall not be a violent offender or convicted of a sex crime as
defined by KRS 17.165 that is classified as a felony; and
3) Shall submit to a criminal record check under KRS 160.380. 4) Shall meet one of the following additional qualifications:
i. Have graduated from a public or accredited high school and hold a provisional or standard teaching certificate;
ii. Have completed sixty-four semester hours of college credit from an accredited college or university as documented by an official transcript; or
iii. Be a graduate from a public or accredited high school and be in compliance with the local district standards for serving as an approved substitute teacher as approved by the Education Professional Standards Board; or
iv. Be a graduate from a public or accredited high school and complete a Level 1 Coaching Certification Program approved by NFHS as well as completing prescribed electives as detailed by the KHSAA Board of Control. Level 2 coaches approved under exception (iv) shall complete the KHSAA Coaching Education program prior to coaching in the first interscholastic contest.
5) Prior to assuming duties, Level 2 coaches shall successfully complete training provided by the local school district. The training shall include information on the physical and emotional development of students of the age with whom the Level II coach will be working, the district’s and school’s discipline policies, procedures for dealing with discipline problems, and safety and first aid training. Follow up training shall be provided annually.
c) Waiver of Level 2 64-hour requirement
In the event that the member school is unable to staff head or assistant coaching positions in any sport or sport activity (including cheerleading) with a Level 1 or Level 2 individual, the member school may request through the Superintendent that the KHSAA allow for a waiver of this rule in order that the additional time be available to find an applicant meeting the criteria.
d) Head Coach
As referred in this regulation, the head coach shall be the head varsity coach designated by the school or Board of Education unless otherwise noted in the bylaw.
Sec. 2) Hiring and Employment Requirements a) Required Level
Level 1 or 2 individuals (head and assistant) may be assigned as the head or assistant coach in any sport or sport activity (including cheerleading).
b) Member School Obligations in Hiring
1) The Superintendent shall ensure that all assignments for
coaching duties comply with all applicable state and local
policies.
2) The hiring process shall ensure that in considering those
individuals seeking coaching duties, the most qualified individual shall be assigned. In considering qualifications, the qualifications desired for the position, the references, interviews and experience of those seeking the duties, and the education background shall be considered.
c) Compensation
Any person assigned to coaching duties at any level (grades 9-12) shall be duly employed through the respective board of education and the entire coaching salary shall be paid through that board in accordance with local Board of Education policy.
Sec. 3) Post Hire Requirements and Requirements for Continuing Coaching Duties
a) C.P.R. and AED Training
All coaches (head and assistant) at any level in all sanctioned sports and sport activities (including cheerleading) shall provide documentation of successful completion of a C.P.R. course including the use of an Automatic External Defibrillator and the requisite First Aid Training, as approved by a college or University, the American Red Cross, American Heart Association or other bona fide accrediting agency. Initial certification must use in-person instruction and certification must be timely and appropriately updated as required by the approving agency.
b) Coaches Education Program
1) A Coaches Education Program has been approved as the
coaching education program in Kentucky. The program shall include a course of study to include a KHSAA approved Coaches Education Program, KHSAA rules information and local district policies. The cost of attending the KHSAA Coaches Education Program shall be the responsibility of the individual coach(es). Local school districts or local schools may, upon successful completion of all coaching education requirements including all examinations, reimburse the coaches for the expense of attending the course.
2) Level 1 individuals assigned to duties as a coach (head or assistant), who are hired as a member of the school system faculty for the first time following the 1995-96 school year shall take and complete all requirements for the Kentucky Coaches Education Program as detailed in Section b(1) above within one year of the initial assignment to coaching duties or prior to the legal start of practice for the next competitive season in any particular sport to which the individual is assigned, whichever occurs first.
3) Level 2 individuals (subsections I, ii and iii) assigned to duties as a coach (head or assistant) shall take and complete all requirements for the KHSAA Approved Coaches Education Program as detailed in Section b(1) above within one year of the initial assignment to coaching duties or prior to the legal start of practice for the next competitive season in any particular sport to which the individual is assigned, whichever occurs first.
4) Level 2 individuals (subsections Iv) assigned to duties as a coach (head or assistant) shall take and complete all requirements for the KHSAA Approved Coaches Education Program as detailed in Section b(1) above within one year of the initial assignment to coaching duties or prior to the legal start of practice for the next competitive season in any particular sport to which the individual is assigned, whichever occurs first.
c) Sports Safety Training
1) Each coach (head and assistant, including cheerleading)
at all levels (grades 9-12) shall be required to complete a sports safety course consisting of training on how to prevent common injuries.
i. The content of the course shall include emergency planning,
heat and cold illnesses, emergency recognition, head injuries, neck injuries, facial injuries and the principles of first aid.
ii. The course shall be taught by a Certified Athletic Trainer, Registered Nurse, Physician or Physician’s Assistant licensed to practice in Kentucky.
iii. The course material and content shall be updated every thirty (30) months.
iv. Each coach having completed the course shall re-certify by taking the course not less than once every two (2) years.
2) Successful completion of the course shall constitute a passing score.
3) For the 2009-2010 school year, at least one coach who has
2009-2010 KHSAA HANDBOOK

that was to much to read for me,lol,i just take he can coach....if he does then u may see some transfer to PCC from Belfry and other places
cuppett777 Wrote:that was to much to read for me,lol,i just take he can coach....if he does then u may see some transfer to PCC from Belfry and other places

If Jones were to be the coach at PCC you might get one transfer from Belfry and I highly doubt that to be honest.
^Where he could hurt Belfry is getting the WV kids in the future.
I am from Williamsburg and I can say this without hesitation, whoever gets the PC job, in my opinion gets potentially one of the best teams in the mountains and without a doubt the best QB's in the Mts. and maybe in the state. Good luck.
Justice (I think is the correct spelling) should be enough to entice anyone.
I'm not talking about the kid, (justice)because he is a good athlete but here is my Opinion and he can correct it easily...But big time players show up and continue to play 110% no Matter the score...But the Playoff Game last year against us he straight up quit on his team because we came after him but I could be wrong maybe Chapman pulls him, that is just what it appeared to me...I don't want that to start an argument saying I'm bad mouthing a kid because I am not...I personally think a lot will transfer to Pikeville maybe even Belfry if they wanna win a district title..But if they stay in house with a coach they may stay,
Mac didn't quit on his team in that last game, he was injured.
jetpilot Wrote:^Where he could hurt Belfry is getting the WV kids in the future.

:biglmao: :Clap::hilarious::lmao: I didn't say a word............... :Shaking:
jetpilot Wrote:^Where he could hurt Belfry is getting the WV kids in the future.

Not even in the least.
Kids were crossing the river long before Jones ever did!

Come on Don. You know you wanted the job and applied for it. Said you would take it for a 1/4th of what Chapman was getting. Problem is, you couldn't get the news media to take you serious. Confusednicker:
As I stated in this thread days ago. This job will come down to Shawn Thacker or Ronn Varney. Either would be a great get for PC and will retain all current players. Any other dark-horse candidates would be starting out in rebuild mode if you know what I'm saying.
iwatchhawks Wrote:As I stated in this thread days ago. This job will come down to Shawn Thacker or Ronn Varney. Either would be a great get for PC and will retain all current players. Any other dark-horse candidates would be starting out in rebuild mode if you know what I'm saying.

I can say without hesitation that Shawn Thacker would be a no brainer. Would hate to see him leave the Pikeville team, but Pikeville's loss would be Central's gain.
The QB is on his way to PCC with Chapman. That is the word!!!!!!!!!
Xerxes Wrote:The QB is on his way to PCC with Chapman. That is the word!!!!!!!!!
NEVER gonna happen. Period.
Xerxes Wrote:The QB is on his way to PCC with Chapman. That is the word!!!!!!!!!

bahahahahaha
I heard Rick Krantz put in for the job.
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::lmao:

bobcatforlife Wrote:I heard Rick Krantz put in for the job.
PHSForever Wrote::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::lmao:
This exactly

That man is nothing but a pure joke.