Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County Football 2016
Noah West took every snap at qb when the varsity team was in. He looked great running the ball. He did fumble two times if he can hold on to the ball he will be a huge threat. He also had a pretty deep passing touchdown to Jordan Johnson. What worries me is our defense our secondary needs some work but you can expect that considering we lost every starter in the secondary from last year. The front seven didn't look to bad it looks like they may be doing the smaller fast defensive line again but they did have some big guys rotating in and out. All and all it will be a growing year for this team they are really young but I think they have a chance to surprise a couple of teams.
West took all of the reps at qb he looked really good running the ball. He also had a pretty deep passing touchdown to Jordan Johnson. The defense is what worries me the secondary needs a lot of work but that should be expected considering we lost all of our starters from last year. The front seven looked decent looks like we are running a smaller quick defensive line again. The defense needs to wrap up better there was a lot of broken tackles. All in all this team is very young but I think they will come together as the season goes. I think they have a chance to surprise a few teams.
West took all of the reps at qb he looked really good running the ball. He also had a pretty deep passing touchdown to Jordan Johnson. The defense is what worries me the secondary needs a lot of work but that should be expected considering we lost all of our starters from last year. The front seven looked decent looks like we are running a smaller quick defensive line again. The defense needs to wrap up better there was a lot of broken tackles. All in all this team is very young but I think they will come together as the season goes. I think they have a chance to surprise a few teams.
Can an active member or admin tell me how to delete two of those I did not mean to post three times sorry new to the site
Sounds like an exciting year for LC. The coaches were pleased
Wildcat45 Wrote:First time in a while LC don't have any WV transfers on their team.. I think they got the Dean kid, but his dad was a stud and made the transfer from Tolsia when he was in school too, so that's not a big shock and I don't count him... Curious if they will see a decline in transfers now that Tolsia is winning again

Lol I would guarantee we have more then you think. Honestly we get transfers from Tolsia every year and not just in football and a lot that don't even play sports but transfer for academic reasons. If you knew anything about Fort Gay and the school system over there and all the crazy stuff that went on in the recent past and still going on you would transfer also. I know first hand because me and my sister both grew up going to school in Wayne County and we both transferred to Louisa. As for Tolsia having a solid team last year It won't last trust me. They don't care about football at Tolsia and never have. They had a good team a few years ago and went to a state championship then the coach got out as fast as he could and they went back to being horrible again. Kids will continue to come acrass the river to play football for a lot of reasons but mainly because Lawrence County cares about and supports football more, we have better little league and middle school programs and better facilities plain and simple.
Does lc play Boyd co this Friday? I don't have a schedule
Yes I believe we do play Boyd County this Friday. I can't wait to watch this game. Football back at the dawg house. I will be going to JC the following week to watch JC play Charlston I believe.
Does lc play Boyd co this Friday? I don't have a schedule
Sorry guys for the re post. And thank you iron horse
Iron Horse Wrote:Yes I believe we do play Boyd County this Friday. I can't wait to watch this game. Football back at the dawg house. I will be going to JC the following week to watch JC play Charlston I believe.

Game is at Boyd County.
Bulldogs fan Wrote:West took all of the reps at qb he looked really good running the ball. He also had a pretty deep passing touchdown to Jordan Johnson. The defense is what worries me the secondary needs a lot of work but that should be expected considering we lost all of our starters from last year. The front seven looked decent looks like we are running a smaller quick defensive line again. The defense needs to wrap up better there was a lot of broken tackles. All in all this team is very young but I think they will come together as the season goes. I think they have a chance to surprise a few teams.

I thought the run defense looked pretty good and the pass defense wasn't that bad besides letting a few wr's get behind the safeties on some plays. Overall I thought the team looked really good for this early in the year. My one major concern from the scrimmage is that we desperately need a tight end that will block. Letcher County Central had some pretty good size on their team and I felt the Dawgs did very well against them. Curious to see the score of that game they have against Pike Central.
I heard yesterday the West kid got hurt, is that true? I sure hope not because that would be a major lose for the program.
No, West is fine and healthy.