Whitley Co- Lost best player 90% scoring
Pineville- Should of beat last year!!
South- very beatable
Paris- lost 21 seniors
Harlan- found a way to win last year
LCA- Best team in schedule
Danville- lost 17 seniors
Somerset- lost 14 seniors
Williamsburg- not what they used to be!!!

Williamsburg won last year and will be a little better, I wouldn't count it a win...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
NextGeneration Wrote:The other teams is not what we have to worry about. It is what goes on in our own house. People close know, others will find out soon. Way to much to keep quiet.

May be the best post of the thread. But, this is not the place for dirty laundry. Next year is still not the bounce back year. Not enough up front to make that kind of recovery. May win 3.
Jackets have to find a way to get the pride and energy back
Not until we get another superintendent will pride be restored.
This is my first post so ill try to make it a good one. I get on here from time to time to read about different schools in the area and of course things about Middlesboro. I am a graduate of Middlesboro where i played football and am still a member of the community. It amazes me all the negativity that you see on here. Last year was a frustrating season for everyone as a fan as an alum and I'm sure for the coaches and players. I will say this i feel really good about the direction the jackets are heading in. The team in my opinion is well coached. The coaches in place have all been successful in football and i personally played with a few of them. From what i have heard there is some really good young talent on the team as well. I don't know what the win-loss situation will be but i do believe this team will show improvement and continue to do so. To my knowledge there is nothing wrong with team chemistry or no situations with players. I see all these posts and with all the negativity and these posts just have the stench of bitterness and people with agendas. Remember at the end of the day before you post that you are talking about 14-17 year old KIDS. Again i for one feel confident with the current staff and roster. I believe we will see improvement, and make no mistake about it there is still plenty of PRIDE in Middlesboro football. comment what you would like but i won't be getting into any back and forths on here with people.

God Bless and Go JACKETS!
It goes farther than that. But that is a good start.
What does the superintendent have to do with the football team bringing pride back?
Trashtalker Wrote:What does the superintendent have to do with the football team bringing pride back?

It is my thoughts that school pride starts in the building with staff. Have you noticed what the trend is with staff since the super has taken over? We have more turn over per teacher / student ratio than any school in state. Not the atmosphere we need. Where does it start?
Sounds like you could not combine the administration at Bell and Middlesboro and come up with a group that know how to run a school or athletic program.
Trashtalker Wrote:Bell County- isint the same 50/50 game
Whitley Co- Lost best player 90% scoring
Pineville- Should of beat last year!!
South- very beatable
Paris- lost 21 seniors
Harlan- found a way to win last year
LCA- Best team in schedule
Danville- lost 17 seniors
Somerset- lost 14 seniors
Williamsburg- not what they used to be!!!

This is funny, coming from a team that was 1-10 and lost more playmakers than they return. Should have beat us last year....LOL
Boz what playmakers did Middlesboro lose? They have a stacked class of skilled kids with another year experience!
Pratt, Capps and all but one lineman and all but one linebacker. The stacked class sounds like some may be in jail before the summer is up. I wouldn't count on them to much. LOL
I need to say a couple of them may not make it. If you know anything at all about football is it is won upfront, big guy. Ours are better than yours. We have all skill returning. Better than yours. You guys need to be running a circus, or maybe a correction center. LOL
Trashtalker you seem to be the only one that doesn't know what has been going on ? May be like the rest, trying to keep it quiet.
They don't want to know, absolutely don't want anyone else to know.
Not the place, it will be addressed soon, along with some other issues.
Make sure to keep it quiet like everyone else here. They have to stay on team.
Is the school board aware of these things? I know the coach and principal and super are. I was really wondering if the board knew. How can someone still be on a team that did these things? What are they teaching them?
Boz Pratt and Capps both played D against you all if I'm not mistaken. But will see what happens
I am sure, and they are gone. When we played early , you guys were good. You almost beat Whitley and you had all your players. You say most seniors didn't start at end or had quit, ok, but at the end you were not near as good as you were early. Williamsburg game proves that. Early you handled them, last game they handled you. They will be better next year. You are 2A and struggle against A. Better worry about Danville , Somerset and LCA they count.
TheBoz Wrote:I am sure, and they are gone. When we played early , you guys were good. You almost beat Whitley and you had all your players. You say most seniors didn't start at end or had quit, ok, but at the end you were not near as good as you were early. Williamsburg game proves that. Early you handled them, last game they handled you. They will be better next year. You are 2A and struggle against A. Better worry about Danville , Somerset and LCA they count.

almost counts in horse shoes and hand grenades. Whitley County had a horrible defense :biglmao:
Shotgun Wrote:Is the school board aware of these things? I know the coach and principal and super are. I was really wondering if the board knew. How can someone still be on a team that did these things? What are they teaching them?

Without using names, what happened?
PM you. For now.
No one from Middlesboro needs to question another teams or coaches discipline. WoW
Shotgun Wrote:Is the school board aware of these things? I know the coach and principal and super are. I was really wondering if the board knew. How can someone still be on a team that did these things? What are they teaching them?

The board will be told, 3 of them have to run an election, don't see them back. As a whole this is ONE of many issues that will be addressed. Do they all know, no but a couple do and overlook it as well.

I will say it again this is not the place.
This is my sons account and just wanted to post one comment. This is not about the players. It is about of a few in this system, very few, that continue to promote the image of a very discipline team. Those in charge and family, when in fact this is not at all the case. We have players on this team that have been treated very differently when it comes to punishment and a couple with very serious offenses with no consequences, as of yet. I do not care if they play or not, but, do not hide behind an 1-10 record with the excuse we are doing it the right way. Discipline
There is an interesting trait to the Sand Tiger Shark. One bloodthirsty trait , they will actually eat their own siblings while still in the womb!!! Sound familiar ?
Madness Wrote:There is an interesting trait to the Sand Tiger Shark. One bloodthirsty trait , they will actually eat their own siblings while still in the womb!!! Sound familiar ?

If you think I am terrible, watch what Steve Martin, the super, does when election time rolls around and he fears for his job. The principal and Coach will be the siblings eaten. Doesn't matter if they are friends or not, his arrogance and self worth will come shinning to the front.. The new board members coming in will get answers as to why this type behavior is allowed on the football team. We will have a new super soon. We have to clean this up or things will not get any better. Football team and School.

By the way, I guess I could not just post one time and go.
Well said and true.
I see you like the Tiger Shark reference....LOL :lmao:
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next