Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County vs Breathitt County
I would love for someone who attended this game to objectively explain in detail, what happened at the game. I know there was a huge fight, but not sure what happened to start it.

Are fights between these two teams the norm?
I agree about the NFL talent and the parents.... But the proof is on the field every Friday night! They have big, good, athletic kids on that team!!! The discipline problem is a coaching problem. Kick them off! Easy! Y'all jus need to get ol Dud back in there! How many teams did he field that were an embarrassment physically or by starting a riot and slinging helmets and punches?
I was at the game. It all started during a fumble. Bell Rb fumbled the football, Breathitt recovered. There was a big pile trying to get the ball, the pile erupted with Fists and Helmets swinging. Both Benches cleared, every single player and coach were in the mix. 2 min later a bell parent/fan was hanging over the rail screaming at the Breathitt players that had come back to sidelines. Calling them "thugs" and a few other names. So, it erupted in the bleachers on the Breathitt side.. Police were running from place to place every 2 minutes it seemed. Kids on the field acted awful, it was no more ones fault than the other... I don't blame it on the refs, it wasn't even bad before this fumble play. I'm ashamed and honestly have been a huge fan of both teams at one point in my life or another. Both programs are in an utter mess to be honest.
Brahma bull had a front row seat, he can add to the story I'm sure.
bcpc Wrote:Brahma bull had a front row seat, he can add to the story I'm sure.

I was embarrassed. The actions of our team and fans were dispicable. But I have seen this happen in more than one football game and in one baseball game since I have been back {2014}. A pattern that is both alarming and embarrassing. Breathitt is gaining a reputation or adding to an already shaky one as far as the behavior. I love my school, but enough is enough. I took my 17 year old son, who is a senior to the game and told him to go hang out with friends, and this happens. I thought the Casey County fiasco was bad, this set a new low. I am disappointed.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Fumble and then all Hell breaks loose!!
I have never heard player talk to coachs and curse them the way these two teams players talked. I tell you this, the discipline is something that has been bad for a couple of years on the Hill.
But the coaching was good and kids played hard the past couple of years. This year is a complete joke when it comes to coach our players!
bcpc Wrote:Bell had one guy eject himself. Not by a ref, but by his coach, and he quit on the field. Threw his helmet 2-3 times with HIS coaches telling him to get off the field! #11 if my memory serves me correct. Then the refs threw 3 out. Don't remember their #s.

Breathitt had 3-4 of the 6 act terrible after being ejected. I can't say their attitude was any better. But the Bell player was mad and acting bad about HIS own coach.... Not an opposing player or referee.

sad story for sure.
bcpc Wrote:I was at the game. It all started during a fumble. Bell Rb fumbled the football, Breathitt recovered. There was a big pile trying to get the ball, the pile erupted with Fists and Helmets swinging. Both Benches cleared, every single player and coach were in the mix. 2 min later a bell parent/fan was hanging over the rail screaming at the Breathitt players that had come back to sidelines. Calling them "thugs" and a few other names. So, it erupted in the bleachers on the Breathitt side.. Police were running from place to place every 2 minutes it seemed. Kids on the field acted awful, it was no more ones fault than the other... I don't blame it on the refs, it wasn't even bad before this fumble play. I'm ashamed and honestly have been a huge fan of both teams at one point in my life or another. Both programs are in an utter mess to be honest.
It's bit overstated to say every player and coach was involved. I saw players being held back by coaching staffs on both sidelines. Otherwise a terrible display. It's not fair to place blame on all the players or coaches for that matter. I'm certain that neither staff provoked hat happened. One unfortunate situation that happens to Breathitt came from the possession change. Offense was getting set to go on the field which brought a few more guys closer to the action. I believe each player that left the sideline was ejected involved or not. Either way no excuses for what happened. But let's not act like this doesn't happen with high school boys... Once again I'll state there were coaches and players on each sideline during the scrum doing exactly what they are supposed to in that situation STAY PUT!
Bobcat4years Wrote:Fumble and then all Hell breaks loose!!
I have never heard player talk to coachs and curse them the way these two teams players talked. I tell you this, the discipline is something that has been bad for a couple of years on the Hill.
But the coaching was good and kids played hard the past couple of years. This year is a complete joke when it comes to coach our players!

Why are you not happy at your new school? Should have not left here. Now just enjoy and let Bell work it out. Discipline on the team was bad when you guys were there also.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I was embarrassed. The actions of our team and fans were dispicable. But I have seen this happen in more than one football game and in one baseball game since I have been back {2014}. A pattern that is both alarming and embarrassing. Breathitt is gaining a reputation or adding to an already shaky one as far as the behavior. I love my school, but enough is enough. I took my 17 year old son, who is a senior to the game and told him to go hang out with friends, and this happens. I thought the Casey County fiasco was bad, this set a new low. I am disappointed.

Reading some of the responses on this thread, it's hard to tell which team the posters are talking about. Some of the comments fit both schools.
This is not the first rodeo for a couple of the ejected Breathitt players. They were kicked out of earlier games this season. Apparently lesson NOT learned. Do ejected players have to sit out future contests in other sports since football is over? Question: Since this kind of behavior is at a school-sponsored event, do ejected players face school discipline also?
mandan Wrote:Reading some of the responses on this thread, it's hard to tell which team the posters are talking about. Some of the comments fit both schools.
This is not the first rodeo for a couple of the ejected Breathitt players. They were kicked out of earlier games this season. Apparently lesson NOT learned. Do ejected players have to sit out future contests in other sports since football is over? Question: Since this kind of behavior is at a school-sponsored event, do ejected players face school discipline also?

Good questions all. I have no clue. Seems as if there should be some punishment for the players and a ban of some sort of the parents that were fighting. My son said that there is video on hudl of the on field mess, so the khsaa may look at it and make sure the ones involved are punished accordingly.

To much of this.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Parents who entered the field should have been arrested for disorderly conduct. Night in jail would have tempered urges to rush the field in the future.
Will the other kids that threw punches be suspended? Will the coaches? I find it hilarious the district suspended a coach last year for something on his on time but allows all the on field stuff happen with this staff. They are getting what the deserve.