Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell county football
If Dudley took over Bell County and brought them back to what they were, he'd have to be in the discussion of best ever. Regardless of win total, to be able to do what he did to build them back up would be beyond impressive.

It would make for a good story, that's for sure.
I know he's had some health issues. A complete rebuild takes a lot of time, energy and hard work. At his age....if he does return......what's a realistic timetable for a Bell co reboot?
I don't think you see a Bell County reboot until the administration is wiped clean and rebuilt. The fact that they're going after another coach when the job is not vacant says a lot about them. Just my two cents.
It may be your two cents, but I have heard the same story from many Bell County faithful.
Look at the circumstances whereever Dudley has landed. he's always gotten whatever job he has while it was currently occupied. With that said:
1) Dudley loves to be courted more than a 16 year old girl
2) Dudley makes more promises than a 16 year old girl
3) Dudley breaks more promises than a 16 year old girl
4) Dudley changes his mind more than a 16 year old girl
Anybody told or heard anything official
ProudPanther Wrote:Look at the circumstances whereever Dudley has landed. he's always gotten whatever job he has while it was currently occupied. With that said:
1) Dudley loves to be courted more than a 16 year old girl
2) Dudley makes more promises than a 16 year old girl
3) Dudley breaks more promises than a 16 year old girl
4) Dudley changes his mind more than a 16 year old girl

This might be the best post I have ever seen on this site.
This might be the most accurate post I have seen on this site
This might be the funniest post I have seen on this site
This might be the only post never to be topped on this site.
Dudley back on the hill Monday
belldad2011 Wrote:Dudley back on the hill Monday

As in yesterday or the upcoming Monday?
TheHotSnakes Wrote:As in yesterday or the upcoming Monday?

If tomorrow never comes.....
hearing some big news and maybe done deal about old ball coach coming back
hchs fan Wrote:hearing some big news and maybe done deal about old ball coach coming back

Spurrier?
lol
belldad2011 Wrote:Dudley back on the hill Monday

So anything happening today?
Anything official or anything
hchs fan Wrote:Anything official or anything

Either. Facts are optional as usual.
Ole dud hahahaha
Well what the news on ok coach is he heading back to bell county or not
It would appear that we've all been bamboozled.
ole dud wouldn't bamboozle yall would he?
Relax, he has to wait in next board meeting for final approval for all he ask.
WhyLie Wrote:Relax, he has to wait in next board meeting for final approval for all he ask.

Does Bell County have to wait until the next board meeting to relieve the current head coach of his duties?

I'm surprised Taylor County hasn't cut the strings themselves yet to be honest. Don't be shocked if the super has an early say in the decision, if I know him like I think I do.
Wildcat18 Wrote:Does Bell County have to wait until the next board meeting to relieve the current head coach of his duties?

I'm surprised Taylor County hasn't cut the strings themselves yet to be honest. Don't be shocked if the super has an early say in the decision, if I know him like I think I do.

Current HC is going to help him from what I've heard.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Current HC is going to help him from what I've heard.

That would be a terrible mistake. He is a joke.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:That would be a terrible mistake. He is a joke.

If that's the only joke in this situation, you have a very bad sense of humor.

And I'm not meaning any of this to be rude or as a slight against a once great program. But, Log Mountain is an absolute circus over the last 2-ish years.

It's like that pretty girl in school who goes off to college and goes absolutely crazy. You know there's something there, but it's hidden beneath the Teva sandals, vape supplies, eternally wrinkled sun dress, and dreadlocked hair.

There were/are more things that could be considered a joke than simply the current(?) HC.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:That would be a terrible mistake. He is a joke.

It's hard to find help these days; let alone good help from somebody who has been a pretty successful head coach for decades (like him or not and I don't know him).

Let me say it again.....it's...hard...to...find...help.

The list serve is and stays FLOODED with schools across the state not just looking for ONE coach, but multiple assistant coaches.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:If that's the only joke in this situation, you have a very bad sense of humor.

And I'm not meaning any of this to be rude or as a slight against a once great program. But, Log Mountain is an absolute circus over the last 2-ish years.

It's like that pretty girl in school who goes off to college and goes absolutely crazy. You know there's something there, but it's hidden beneath the Teva sandals, vape supplies, eternally wrinkled sun dress, and dreadlocked hair.

There were/are more things that could be considered a joke than simply the current(?) HC.

I understand what you are saying. But to let him stay around and draw a paycheck and to let people go. Yes it is a joke he brings nothing to the table he didn't coach last year as a head coach. So now let him be an assistant. Yes a joke.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:I understand what you are saying. But to let him stay around and draw a paycheck and to let people go. Yes it is a joke he brings nothing to the table he didn't coach last year as a head coach. So now let him be an assistant. Yes a joke.

There will be more people losing jobs if they give hilton everything that he is asking for. I wouldnt put it past the people in charge since they are trying to protect themselves and they think that hiring dudley will help that cause.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:It's hard to find help these days; let alone good help from somebody who has been a pretty successful head coach for decades (like him or not and I don't know him).

The list serve is and stays FLOODED with schools across the state not just looking for ONE coach, but multiple assistant coaches.

I wouldn't completely disagree, but I wouldn't necessarily say it's hard to find help. There are plenty out there capable to choose from. The hard part is finding them jobs and moving their families halfway across the state. It's easy to convince an assistant to go, but it's harder to convince his family. How many instances do head coaches need 4 or 5 spots in the building to bring assistants with them, but turn down the job because the administration will only let them bring 1 or 2? I would say that happens very often.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:It's hard to find help these days; let alone good help from somebody who has been a pretty successful head coach for decades (like him or not and I don't know him).

I watched him do nothing last year but stand there like a drug store wooden Indian. He is there for one reason and one reason only a paycheck. He cares nothing about the program or the kids. A complete joke. Bell could hire "Fish" as an assistant and get a better coach.