•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dudley Hilton headed back to the mountains!
Trashtalker Wrote:Amazingly next generation and Middlesboro may be Bells biggest fans now that all the former coaches have moved on out of these forums.

The funny part is coach Hilton was run out of upike and Taylor for sanctions and some illegal shenanigans with little results and yet they fire Mills for similar incidents (just camp) and yet what's best for kids is to hire someone with a much worse rap sheet. Wait til dud starts selling his donated t shirts for $20 again to pay for his spring fishing trip. Or donated Powerades. Lol. And they pay he and his wife 150k plus while laying off many tenured qualified teachers. Could be interesting soon for sure. I have met the man once. You'll never find a bigger fan of Dudley. Than Dudley. Congrats on doing things the right way Bell! With both retirements he and his wife will be making about a quarter million dollars and just coaching football and running the booster account with personal proceeds.

Better win big and quick.

What was he accused of....or what did he do at U Pike? I think I remember something about an illegal scrimmage at Taylor County.
Trashtalker Wrote:Amazingly next generation and Middlesboro may be Bells biggest fans now that all the former coaches have moved on out of these forums.

The funny part is coach Hilton was run out of upike and Taylor for sanctions and some illegal shenanigans with little results and yet they fire Mills for similar incidents (just camp) and yet what's best for kids is to hire someone with a much worse rap sheet. Wait til dud starts selling his donated t shirts for $20 again to pay for his spring fishing trip. Or donated Powerades. Lol. And they pay he and his wife 150k plus while laying off many tenured qualified teachers. Could be interesting soon for sure. I have met the man once. You'll never find a bigger fan of Dudley. Than Dudley. Congrats on doing things the right way Bell! With both retirements he and his wife will be making about a quarter million dollars and just coaching football and running the booster account with personal proceeds.

If we could just get Middlesboro coaches off here and concentrate on football we may be better. Right?
Running Back Wrote:It's all about the money and no there isn't any. But some clever ways of doing things is always possible in the board of politics which is what we are best at here in the county. Wait until the layoffs that are going to happen start to take place which they are. When teachers are layed off and the big salary has been put up for a couple who are already drawing full retirement because the wife is getting a job to if she wants it people aren't going to be happy. Dudley has a knack of leaving when he doesn't get his way or when he is being forced out because he won't accept not getting his way. Happened more than once. He is the big chief and no one else matters which sometimes gets him packing. That's how it's always been. Don't think it's about the kids. Many generations of Bobcat graduates can tell you that. Behind closed doors can always muster up another story. As far as coaches he will have a hard time finding quality ones. Little money for lots of time. As far as talent the mass of it seems to be in middle school. Does he have the patience to wait on it? As far as that last year's team looking good as some mentioned. You better check the record books and stats. The coach from last year and staff drove this program into the ground. Don't worry though as he still plans to hang around to offer all his wisdom. That should help a lot.😜 Either way the Bobcats have a few more years of heartache to get through before they can climb back on top where they should be.

All of these things I have heard many times. He will not promote kids at all. Never has.

Also if the Middle school is living off of beating Corbin that is not good. Supposedly it is the weakest 2 middle school teams Corbin has had in the last decade, according to Corbin people.
papagrit Wrote:What was he accused of....or what did he do at U Pike? I think I remember something about an illegal scrimmage at Taylor County.

If I recall there was an altercation between his son and one of the coaches and Hilton sided with his son and when the UPike administration tried to force him to discipline his son he basically told them to pound sand.

I don't know all the details and wasn't there..so I can't tell you if Hilton was in the right or if he was in the wrong but that was the story I heard.
papagrit Wrote:What was he accused of....or what did he do at U Pike? I think I remember something about an illegal scrimmage at Taylor County.

They had an undocumented scrimmage at Taylor, while also illegally filmed the Adair v. Campbellsville scrimmage. And as I recall got them a warning and a fine. While that isn't really much, it's still not nothing.
NextGeneration Wrote:If we could just get Middlesboro coaches off here and concentrate on football we may be better. Right?

It's mostly Middlesboro folks and old Bell Co assistants that's sour about Dudley coming back is all.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:They had an undocumented scrimmage at Taylor, while also illegally filmed the Adair v. Campbellsville scrimmage. And as I recall got them a warning and a fine. While that isn't really much, it's still not nothing.

Wayne Mills while at Bell Co got in trouble doing the same thing.
Middlesboro Wrote:Wayne Mills while at Bell Co got in trouble doing the same thing.

Weren't some of the accusations that Taylor and Bell scrimmaged each other? There was a 3rd team involved, but I can't remember who.
when anything going becoming official and things about coach Hilton
hchs fan Wrote:when anything going becoming official and things about coach Hilton

I got you, don't worry.

http://www.wkyt.com/content/sports/Dudle...49423.html
Or if we could get guys off here that never played anything and flops teams like a Stripe out of water...... Right Middlesboro???
Maybe I missed it, has he taken the Bell Job? Has he been introduced as Bell County Coach? I know he resigned from Taylor.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:If I recall there was an altercation between his son and one of the coaches and Hilton sided with his son and when the UPike administration tried to force him to discipline his son he basically told them to pound sand.

I don't know all the details and wasn't there..so I can't tell you if Hilton was in the right or if he was in the wrong but that was the story I heard.

I heard that his boy had some "roid rage" problems back in the day.
wondor when he going make it official he coming back to bell or when they having announcement
Or if we could get guys off here that never played anything and flops teams like a Stripe out of water...... Right Middlesboro???
BIG TONY Wrote:Word from one of Dudley's old buddies, is he's coming back to show the young pup in Corbin what real coaching is all about.

I Love it! Smile
TheHotSnakes Wrote:Weren't some of the accusations that Taylor and Bell scrimmaged each other? There was a 3rd team involved, but I can't remember who.

I believe so.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Don't forget that bell is already paying Amos McCreary's second retirement as well. Bell better win, they've assembled a half a million dollar staff.

Can a mod edit this post? For some reason Amos autocorrected to Dave and I didn't catch it. Thanks.
Gettin' Dud's band back together is sounding kinda like the Zeppelin reunion...sounds great at first, but the expense far outweighs the ultimate result.
BIG TONY Wrote:Word from one of Dudley's old buddies, is he's coming back to show the young pup in Corbin what real coaching is all about.

bcpc Wrote:I Love it! Smile

If Haddix doesn't get this freshman class and middle school recruiting class lined out soon it could be tough for Corbin about the time Bell should be back. North Laurel has some very good advice for Haddix. Very shocked it wasn't mentioned on this board. The middle school clinic guest speakers? I am hearing Corbin has missed a few meeting with KHSAA and having tuition problems?
The one thing you can say about bringing Dudley Hilton back whether you love him or hate him is that he has brought some buzz back to Bell Co. Some people want to see him fall flat on his face others want to see him bring back the glory days. Either way you are going to be watching and talking about their season. I know I for one have not kept up with any Bell Co football over the last several seasons but I'll be checking their scores and their threads this year.
Xerxes Wrote:If Haddix doesn't get this freshman class and middle school recruiting class lined out soon it could be tough for Corbin about the time Bell should be back. North Laurel has some very good advice for Haddix. Very shocked it wasn't mentioned on this board. The middle school clinic guest speakers? I am hearing Corbin has missed a few meeting with KHSAA and having tuition problems?
North Laurel has one district championship in the last 25 years and significantly underachieved last year, I highly doubt Coach Haddix is interested in any advice from North Laurel or they're second act coach who btw sure ain't his daddy.
Again, you are as clueless as I was until someone showed me Larkey's post about several coaches and their middle school clinic. Someone please post it, this is classic stuff. It has nothing to do with who won what. Seems Corbin is giving scholarships now.
Rip Corbin
Xerxes Wrote:Again, you are as clueless as I was until someone showed me Larkey's post about several coaches and their middle school clinic. Someone please post it, this is classic stuff. It has nothing to do with who won what. Seems Corbin is giving scholarships now.

It sounds like you have an axe to grind. This is a bell county thread and all you want to talk about is corbin and north laurel. If you're gonna troll, at least troll the Corbin thread.
All you have to do is read the thread and you will see where Corbin came into conversation. Not that hard.
Yeah, all of the previous Corbin posts were in relation to Corbin vs bell. What I'm saying is you are putting up posts on a BELL COUNTY thread that have NOTHING to do with BELL COUNTY.

Jeez, you can tell that old dud has already brought back the old bell county, fair weather fans that we all know and love. Logic means nothing to some.
Same Corbin fans as we remember, always someone else's fault and never wrong.
And who exactly am I blaming for what? Pass out and try again tomorrow dude.
Board meeting called for Monday announcement will be Tuesday
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next