Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Best Womens Player to come out of Kentucky?
new o Wrote:Who is Brittney Grier? I have not seen her play. Where did she play baller?

Griner
Some of these posts are amazing and thats not baiting. I am in awe of how much or little people really know about basketball outside of the mountains.
Ballmom1 Wrote:Makayla was home and out drinking with friends, one of them being underage. Her BAC wasn't even in the intoxicated range, it just indicated the presence of alcohol.

Coach Mitchell took issue with it, as he should. But I wouldn't call this a lot of trouble. It happened early in her college career.
Best not to speak of this
Okay. Sorry.

I thought it was okay since you brought it up, but I'm new.
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:Best not to speak of this

Why not? Its public knowledge. Was all over the papers. When you are a McDonalds All American you cant hide Baller. Plus she is over 21 and a adult now.
I happen to know her personally which is the only reason I said that.
Ballmom1 Wrote:Okay. Sorry.

I thought it was okay since you brought it up, but I'm new.

OK it was more than alcohol drugs was involved also
Griner along with other elite players made a name in the WNBA/college and that's when the big bucks come overseas. Taurasi was given 1 million to sit out the WNBA so she could rest for the overseas season. I don't think every player over there gets that type of money but they make good money.
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:OK it was more than alcohol drugs was involved also

No it wasn't. That was a huge story that some of her haters spread around.

I thought we weren't going to speak of this.
Ballmom1 Wrote:No it wasn't. That was a huge story that some of her haters spread around.

I thought we weren't going to speak of this.

Lol you said you wanted to but best not to haha
new o Wrote:Griner along with other elite players made a name in the WNBA/college and that's when the big bucks come overseas. Taurasi was given 1 million to sit out the WNBA so she could rest for the overseas season. I don't think every player over there gets that type of money but they make good money.
Agree she will make a lot more money overseas. Noble will get double the money overseas than what she could get in the wnba
The thing is they are two different seasons so a select few can choose to play both or just pick one. The money will never be close to what the lowest men make so education becomes even more important when picking a college for women. UK will take care of Epps if she decides to do something besides playing ball.
Who besides Blair Green has a offer from UK? I know the kid from Lincoln County who is a 2019 has one. Who else? Since we are talking UK women. Smile
Green, King from Lincoln, Scherr from Ryle(2020) are 3 I know off the top of my head. Plus Robinson from Ashland!
Look for more this summer.
If UK don't start recruiting better they will be back to the bottom of the sec
Sarah Hammond from rockcastle. She was the first Girl Mcdonalds All American from the state of Kentucky
Sharon Garland and Lisa Collins from Laurel County
Jamie Walz was a beast.
Robin Newsome carried small-town Sheldon Clark on her back to four state tournaments
Donna Murphy, our very first Ms. Basketball surely knew how to do it

Geri Grigsby, Kristie Combs...
Even some more current ones deserve a nod -- Carla Booth was dominant (I may be biased, though, we are pals. Haha)
Mikayla Epps owned the court.
That's a great group of players
Lilly Mason
What about it granny bear what do you think
Whitney Creech is the best high school player to come through KY, no doubt
Megget Wrote:What about it granny bear what do you think

I am so removed from high school sports these days that I really don't know. I do, of course, know the Harlan County girls and I recognize many of the other names.

In reality, I am very glad for any kid from the mountains to get state recognition. You can have your favorites but in truth, ALL kids work so hard and need their opportunity to excel.
new o Wrote:Who is Brittney Grier? I have not seen her play. Where did she play baller?

Smart ass
?? Don't understand the remark but ok!
Sara Hammond
Gotta mention Maci Morris.
This is an old thread, but Donna Murphy should at least be in the conversation!
new o Wrote:?? Don't understand the remark but ok!

Yeah you understand