Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 82 Mississippi State 84
The guy that was wide open for a 3 at the end of reg. for state should have been fouled. put him on the line and make him earn the 3 instead of giving him a wide open look.

Well they should have fouled him before he took the shot to at the most he would have only shot was 2 and then we could have got the ball in bounds and either run out the clock or shoot free throws.
The Fan Wrote:Tubby said in the post game interview that he took responsibility for Thomas's mistake that he told him to move

exactly. that tells me that tubb was not paying attention to the game. if he had been then he would have seen that the ref had given the ball to the shooter already.
alfus21 Wrote:I'm not going to say much or argue with any of the awful statements I've seen thus far but I will say a few things. You can say what you want back but most likely you won't get a response from me.

-Morris was the man. 29 and 15. Where has he been all year doing this? Scouts show up for the SEC tourney and now he's amazing.

-Meeks if fast, and will be good. It does amaze me that you people complain about recruiting and you want 5 star players, but Meeks is not a 5 star recruit and he's amazing. Bright future at UK. Tubby goes, Meeks might go as well.

-BUT, Tubby isn't going anywhere. I'll be bold about that statement but 2 bad seasons (in the eyes of most fans) doesn't get it done. He's done enough to keep his job and deserves to at least give it one more chance with the senior and sophomore class of next season.

-Sheray Thomas...This guy taps it in and they call it the shot of the game and I was happy for him. Only to be followed up by a mistake, by which the sounds of it none of you have ever made a mistake. He was getting ready to come out of the game. He had his eye on the scorers' table while the ref had the ball. He started jogging off as the ref put the ball on the ground. It could have happened to anybody.

-Tubby coached a great game. Ramel Bradley, Bobby Perry, and Jasper did nothing today. They all seemed motivated but just didn't play a good game. Like Corndog said, he didn't miss the free throws to ice the game, or the lay up, and he wasn't guarding the players that made some improbable shots such as Gordon's threes.

-Most coaches wouldn't have called a timeout in the situation with 10 seconds left. Watch basketball games from around the country. Teams have designed plays for that situation, and don't want to give the defense a chance to talk it over.

-I'm upset, you guys are upset. Nothing will change that. It sucks that we lost, and I love UK Basketball as much as anybody. The season still isn't over,(go ahead and say might as well be). We should get behind our team and hope for the best in the NCAA tournament. Then look ahead to next season. Rupp will again fill up, fans will still cheer, and none of you will die because of it, and if you do I apologize.

-But from what I can tell. Every last one of you will be fine, and if you're not it may be best to support another team if you truley don't like what Tubby is doing.

-Teams go through these periods. UCONN isn't going to the NCAA this season. Duke lost double digit games, Arizona lost double digit games, Michigan State did, Syracuse is struggling, along with teams like Indiana. This isn't the old days people. Too much parity in the game for the old powers to dominate. I know I don't expect UK to dominate and some of you may not as well. I expect better than what has happened the last two seasons, but I know we'll be back again next season.

-I know there is still ball left to be played, and when the final buzzer goes off for this season I'll start looking forward to next year, no matter who the coach is, or who is on the team. Just like the rest of you should.

You are making so many excuses for Tubby it is not funny. You know, teams like Syracuse, Michigan State, Arizona may have room to do bad but this is UK. UK. That is all that needs to be said. I'm not one of the fans that think that they should win a championship every year but, I am one that thinks they should not have two consecutive sweeps to vandy, 6 consecutive losses to florida (first in school history to win against cats 6 straight) and the longest absence from the final 4 in history. also, tubby is THE ONLY Uk coach to have as many losses as he does at Rupp. Next year, Next year, Next year. That is all we have heard ever since tubb has been there. he said at the end of last year that they would never have another year like this one. well, look where we are! As long as he is there it will be the same story every year. if they keep him and they get to the final 4 next year then i will be for tubby from now on but, i am sick and tired of this crap that goes on every year.
#1ukfan Wrote:You are making so many excuses for Tubby it is not funny. You know, teams like Syracuse, Michigan State, Arizona may have room to do bad but this is UK. UK. That is all that needs to be said. I'm not one of the fans that think that they should win a championship every year but, I am one that thinks they should not have two consecutive sweeps to vandy, 6 consecutive losses to florida (first in school history to win against cats 6 straight) and the longest absence from the final 4 in history. also, tubby is THE ONLY Uk coach to have as many losses as he does at Rupp. Next year, Next year, Next year. That is all we have heard ever since tubb has been there. he said at the end of last year that they would never have another year like this one. well, look where we are! As long as he is there it will be the same story every year. if they keep him and they get to the final 4 next year then i will be for tubby from now on but, i am sick and tired of this crap that goes on every year.
See your so wrong about Tubby. Tubby is the best thing to ever happen to UK. We might not win the games that count but we beat teams like Liberty. IMO I think we should keep Tubby until we get so bad that we can schedule Alice Lloyd College.Rolleyes
alfus21 Wrote:-Sheray Thomas...This guy taps it in and they call it the shot of the game and I was happy for him. Only to be followed up by a mistake, by which the sounds of it none of you have ever made a mistake. He was getting ready to come out of the game. He had his eye on the scorers' table while the ref had the ball. He started jogging off as the ref put the ball on the ground. It could have happened to anybody.

-Tubby coached a great game. Ramel Bradley, Bobby Perry, and Jasper did nothing today. They all seemed motivated but just didn't play a good game. Like Corndog said, he didn't miss the free throws to ice the game, or the lay up, and he wasn't guarding the players that made some improbable shots such as Gordon's threes..

Are you working for his public relations firm or are you that blind ? Thomas didnt have his eyes on the scorers table he had them on tubby he wasnt going out of the game tubby was calling him off to not foul he admitted it I agree he didnt shoot the shots tell me this why didnt he tell them to foul before he took that inprobable shot Why cant you admit that he made several mistakes ,and who are you to tell people to find another team to support I personally have been a fan for better than 30 years I remember Dan Issel playing ,I remember Kevin Grevy missing 2 freethrows against UCLA in the 75 finals I remember how I felt after that game . I also remember UK hitting only 3 fgs in the 2nd half against Georgetown in the 84 semi-finals etc, etc, etc. Do you remember Cawood Ledford if a player wasnt having a good game or a coach done something he would pull no punches told it like it was . Would you have told him probably one of the biggest Embassadors of UK there ever was to find him anew team to root for cause he said something negative . He said what he said cause he was a passionate fan and so are everyone on here including yourself , just because you like Tubby and we dont does not mean we dont love this team .so dont tell us to find another team cause we think that its time for him to go .
The Fan Wrote:Are you working for his public relations firm or are you that blind ? Thomas didnt have his eyes on the scorers table he had them on tubby he wasnt going out of the game tubby was calling him off to not foul he admitted it I agree he didnt shoot the shots tell me this why didnt he tell them to foul before he took that inprobable shot Why cant you admit that he made several mistakes ,and who are you to tell people to find another team to support I personally have been a fan for better than 30 years I remember Dan Issel playing ,I remember Kevin Grevy missing 2 freethrows against UCLA in the 75 finals I remember how I felt after that game . I also remember UK hitting only 3 fgs in the 2nd half against Georgetown in the 84 semi-finals etc, etc, etc. Do you remember Cawood Ledford if a player wasnt having a good game or a coach done something he would pull no punches told it like it was . Would you have told him probably one of the biggest Embassadors of UK there ever was to find him anew team to root for cause he said something negative . He said what he said cause he was a passionate fan and so are everyone on here including yourself , just because you like Tubby and we dont does not mean we dont love this team .so dont tell us to find another team cause we think that its time for him to go .

ok first off, next time, PLEASE try to use better punctuation, it makes things difficult to read.

And 2nd, you all have been wondering "why not foul? why not foul?" If you all had any ready recollection of UK basketball this season, you KNOW that we LOST a game to Vaderbilt BECAUSE they missed a free throw and got their own rebound, and put it in for the victory. But im assuming that most of you dont follow UK bball that closely to remember things like that.
selection sunday is 2mrow night whats going to happen uk -= igive them a 7- seed that's me-
the firsr 2 rounds of the regionals is going to be played in lex these yr.
whatever bracket thats under-=
aint the final four in the rca dome this yr.?
corndog23 Wrote:ok first off, next time, PLEASE try to use better punctuation, it makes things difficult to read.

And 2nd, you all have been wondering "why not foul? why not foul?" If you all had any ready recollection of UK basketball this season, you KNOW that we LOST a game to Vaderbilt BECAUSE they missed a free throw and got their own rebound, and put it in for the victory. But im assuming that most of you dont follow UK bball that closely to remember things like that.
Thats sad that UK had that close of a game with Vandy.
Kentucky is now projected as a 9 seed and will play 8 seed Duke in Chicago in the first round.

Final Four is in the Georgia Dome.... the one Kentucky 'used to own'.
Imagaine that first round game!!
corndog23 Wrote:ok first off, next time, PLEASE try to use better punctuation, it makes things difficult to read.

i am assuming you wasnt following the game to close cause if they foul him and he hits the first missed it got the rebound and put it in they wouldnt have lost .

Most coaches choose not to foul in that
situation. I think the actual "law of averages"
might be in the favor of fouling, though. A player
has to make the first free throw, then miss the
second one in such a way as a teammate grabs
the rebound and scores. When compared to how
many times a player makes a game tying three in
that situation, it would be interesting to see the
results.