Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro Fires Head Coach
E's Army Wrote:You got to start somewhere. Jones started at ground zero.
In fairness, he started at less than zero there. No home field for several years, improved by winning over teams they had no shot at before, etc. Now people over there are genuinely excited about football. They still have quite a bit to learn about being fans, but they’re on the path back to doing that. Will they ever challenge the Pikevilles and Hazards and so forth? I don’t think there is a coach around that can do that for them, at least consistently. A special run of talent might make it possible for a few years, but the geographical isolation they have would make it very difficult to say the least. I root for them to do well though, honestly. So David HAS done a very good job, but do I think he’s ready for a Middlesboro level job with the somewhat unrealistic expectations and pressures it entails? Not yet. Anyone who walks thru those doors there is walking into a snake pit at first, and would take someone with a ton of respect beside their name and a proven record in order to satisfy the fans and get them to accept that Middlesboro is not the team of old and will take a rebuilding project. If they can temper their expectations to accept that, someone like David could do well there. He’s energetic, a generally very positive coach (from what I see and hear), and does have football knowledge and is young enough that many kids today do remember his UK glory days which could entice them to leave the hallway and join the team. Gotta have depth and get what you can out of it.
Any one have any info on the goings on in the 'Boro? Surprised by the lack of activity in this thread.
33 power Wrote:Any one have any info on the goings on in the 'Boro? Surprised by the lack of activity in this thread.
Most of the Boro fans died off in the great Dysentery outbreak caused by their last long covered wagon trip to Pikeville.
PHSForever Wrote:Most of the Boro fans died off in the great Dysentery outbreak caused by their last long covered wagon trip to Pikeville.

I wouldn’t be so sure, a few of us still lurking and waiting. The size and the numbers are there to compete again. Just need an overhaul from feeder teams to high school.
Is this the opening for the 6 Million Dollar Man???
Heard jo jo Kemp apply for the job anyone heard anything about that
any news out of mboro
I wondered why this thread was so quiet.
Jones should be way ahead of Kemp on their list. Kemp has one year as a GA. Jones has been a head man
BellCOUNTYfaithfull Wrote:Heard jo jo Kemp apply for the job anyone heard anything about that

A good choice.
pjdoug Wrote:A good choice.

How do you know? What is his record as a coach or has he even been a heard coach. If not what has he done with being a coordinater? Has he been one? Or.....because he played at Kentucky he is a great Coach? I think Woodford Co. Has shown us that isn’t always right. Can we take another chance in someone that hasn’t coached before?
Ain't heard much of anything over in the Crater.
Being a good player does not qualify you as being a good coach.
NextGeneration Wrote:How do you know? What is his record as a coach or has he even been a heard coach. If not what has he done with being a coordinater? Has he been one? Or.....because he played at Kentucky he is a great Coach? I think Woodford Co. Has shown us that isn’t always right. Can we take another chance in someone that hasn’t coached before?

I don't know what a coordinater is, but he has never been one.
Typical response when someone has no answer. Deflect and change subject. Let me answer NO he has not been either. Can we as a community and program take another chance on another like this.
Jason Chappell I’m hearing, but not for sure if he is interested.
Scotty Russell- from Harlan Co and coached at Knox and Corbin.
This is coming from Adm.
anybody heard any accurate information concerning update on the coaching search
Middlesboro needs to make a big time hire or they will be in for more years of mediocrity.
Mediocrity would be an improvement.
Chappell or Russell would be great hires
Hunter Adams may be the frontrunner.
Waylon Allen will never hire HA. Not going down that Rabbit hole with an inexperienced coach and a nutty dad. Seems we just got out of that.
how it sounding at Mboro concerning the coaching search
Hearing a lot of buzz surrounding Durrell White's name .
Has Durrell been coaching somewhere?
No, not for sure if he has ever coached. Could be wrong!
Needs: Head Coaching Experience
Successful as a head coach

If we want to get this program back
Some of the names appearing on this thread are disconcerting, for sure. I would think a minimum of 10 years’ coaching experience (either as a head coach or a top assistant at a successful program) would be the minimal requirement.

If instead the “big thinkers” go a different direction, buckle up for a repeat of the past five years.
Any news
anything out of Middlesboro
any news or information out of Middlesboro