Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg vs. Betsy Layne
I can see, you voice your opinion RIP 28 dont mean much, but I see you post it.

We'll see

BOBCAT FOOTBALL
Im here to tell each and every one of you all that the Bobcats will not lay down for nobody this season, and I'm not sure about the other players but i for one and very thankful that Coach Parsons is coaching. He has assembled a great coaching staff and we have already done more work in these past 2-3 weeks than we have in all of my high school years. The Bobcats will make some noise come this Fall!!!!!!!!!
Who all does Red have helping him this season?
If Bl gets half of P-burgs score that should be considered a moral victory. Until Betsy Layne makes a strong committment to football they will always be the homecoming or bowl game. Remember this is a bowl game, Betsy Layne was scheduled for a reason. I like and support Betsy Layne,but you have to be serious. P-burg by a lot.
Adam Collins
Wes Gilliam
Scott Bailey
is the asistants
i have a question what happen to all the rest of the coaches, ripkowski, branham, jarrell, and ramey. what happen to all those coaches and why do you think you will be any better
sorry just got corrected ramsey
Cool there is no hatorade in nothing i said, those boys deserve the best coach for the job and with all the other candidates that had alot more experience and are proven head coaches why would they choose some with little to no coaching experience. They say you have been there for a little while but from what i was told you have been more of a buddy to the players than a coach.
it think the game shouldnt even be played...its an immediate win for p-burg. jus go ahead and mark a w beside. sorry besty lane, u all jus cant compete with that kind of program. best of luck to u guys though.
bluegrassballa Wrote:it think the game shouldnt even be played...its an immediate win for p-burg. jus go ahead and mark a w beside. sorry besty lane, u all jus cant compete with that kind of program. best of luck to u guys though.

i will have to agree with the program of p-burg it will be difficult for bl to stay with them, after all besty layne screwed those boys again, not starting on time again. B.L. will never be able to compete if they don't start taking offseason more serious.:argue:
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:Adam Collins
Wes Gilliam
Scott Bailey
is the asistants

adam collins is he a B.L. boy and scott bailey isn't he a trainer, and who is wes gilliam sounds like coach parsons is digging at the bottom of the barrell on some of those boys for help. to start a program up wouldn't you want alot more experience at the coaching level. i have never heard of these boys coaching anywhere else. Did they coach anywhere else
If Betsy Layne dgets half the points that P-burg gets it will be a moral victory for them. The bobcats haven't had good caoching in years and to put a guy in there with no real experience is only bad for the program. The bobcats need to do a personal inventory and see if they want to have a football team or a program. If they want a program, they need to hire a coaching staff that has experience and can teach fundamentals. They also need more than two or three coaches. You can't practice with kids standing around all day. I know that Coach Parsons is a good guy, but good guy or not they need a real coach that has proven he can turn a program around. There are coaches, good coaches, out there that relish the task of making something from nothing, hopefully the cats can find that. If not remember the glory days of John Derossett.
launchpad4 Wrote:If Betsy Layne dgets half the points that P-burg gets it will be a moral victory for them. The bobcats haven't had good caoching in years and to put a guy in there with no real experience is only bad for the program. The bobcats need to do a personal inventory and see if they want to have a football team or a program. If they want a program, they need to hire a coaching staff that has experience and can teach fundamentals. They also need more than two or three coaches. You can't practice with kids standing around all day. I know that Coach Parsons is a good guy, but good guy or not they need a real coach that has proven he can turn a program around. There are coaches, good coaches, out there that relish the task of making something from nothing, hopefully the cats can find that. If not remember the glory days of John Derossett.

you are right. they had some coaching last year but from what i was told floyd county is the only county you have to be a teacher or something like that. The teachers at B.L. don't have time to coach the need to worry about educatiing the kids and from all the cats and act and sat scores wow do they have a problem.:eek: have you seen where they score at in the state down toward the bottom and its not just the teachers fault either, i have been to a few of the high school games and the parents are worse than the kids, yeah coach parsons seems like a nice guy but to put him in charge or is that collins boy callling the shots.since he is the only one with real football playing experience. Smile
Coach Parsons did play high school football, Coach Collins did play high school football, Coach Gilliam did play high school football. I understand you all are worried about the situation at Betsy Layne. But why dont everyone just sit back and see what happens. I know that for the past 27 years the bobcat program has been sup par. But you also must know that when coach derosset had the program and they were winning they were out of district. So lets just put some faith into coach parsons and his staff and lets just see. I know they have a four way scrimmage on the 10th on the hill. EVERYONE is WELCOME!!!

Oh yeah, as for coach parsons being a players coach, you might need to stop by and see if they are just playing around or are they working on basic fundamentals.

Bobcat football!!!!!
launchpad4 Wrote:If Betsy Layne dgets half the points that P-burg gets it will be a moral victory for them. The bobcats haven't had good caoching in years and to put a guy in there with no real experience is only bad for the program. The bobcats need to do a personal inventory and see if they want to have a football team or a program. If they want a program, they need to hire a coaching staff that has experience and can teach fundamentals. They also need more than two or three coaches. You can't practice with kids standing around all day. I know that Coach Parsons is a good guy, but good guy or not they need a real coach that has proven he can turn a program around. There are coaches, good coaches, out there that relish the task of making something from nothing, hopefully the cats can find that. If not remember the glory days of John Derossett.

I totally agree. That's what I've been trying to say all along. You can't expect this program to have anything until they get some quality coaches that have some coaching experience. I'm sure that Coach Parsons is a real nice guy too, but that's not what BL needs at this time. They need a coach that really knows how to turn things around and has experience at doing this. From what I've seen go on down there this year with hiring, I just don't think that the administration is really ready to put football as a priority in the athletics department. Sad
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:Coach Parsons did play high school football, Coach Collins did play high school football, Coach Gilliam did play high school football. I understand you all are worried about the situation at Betsy Layne. But why dont everyone just sit back and see what happens. I know that for the past 27 years the bobcat program has been sup par. But you also must know that when coach derosset had the program and they were winning they were out of district. So lets just put some faith into coach parsons and his staff and lets just see. I know they have a four way scrimmage on the 10th on the hill. EVERYONE is WELCOME!!!

Oh yeah, as for coach parsons being a players coach, you might need to stop by and see if they are just playing around or are they working on basic fundamentals.

Bobcat football!!!!!

Just by you saying that all the coaches played "high school" football just goes to show what kind of mind set is going on down there at BL. Anyone who knows football would know that just because you played high school football, does not mean that you are going to be a good coach. That's totally ridiculous! I know alot of guys that played high school football, but definately don't have the ability to coach a football team and build a football program.
If i can remember coach McCoy that coach the bobcats got jenkins to the playoffs couldnt do it, he almost destroyed the program. Sgt. Major couldnt do it, and he actually played for Texas a & m as a wideout for a year, Jackie Bush, experience from (john Derossett) couldnt do it, why not coach parsons, lets just give him a shot, then criticize later???
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:If i can remember coach McCoy that coach the bobcats got jenkins to the playoffs couldnt do it, he almost destroyed the program. Sgt. Major couldnt do it, and he actually played for Texas a & m as a wideout for a year, Jackie Bush, experience from (john Derossett) couldnt do it, why not coach parsons, lets just give him a shot, then criticize later???

Betsylayne fanatic, just out of curiosity...Who was Coach Parsons coach in high school and what college did he play for?
Coach Parsons did play college ball, his high school coach was Ted George, the current principal at prestonsburg
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:Coach Parsons did play college ball, his high school coach was Ted George, the current principal at prestonsburg

I'm still waiting to see what college Coach Parsons played for? Can anyone answer this for me...Just curious?
He didnt play college ball, sorry mis typed it
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:He didnt play college ball, sorry mis typed it

SO IF COACH PARSONS DIDNT PLAY BEYOND HIGH SCHOOL WHERE IS THE EXPERIENCE AT. YOU CANT PLAY ELEMENTARY FOOTBALL AND HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL AND THINK THAT A PROGRAM IS GOING TO BE TURNED AROUND BY THAT PERSON. THE LAST 4 OR 5 YEARS THE HEAD COACHING FOUGHT WITH THE SCHOOL MORE THATN THEY COACH, FROM WHAT I HAVE HEARD. iS THAT WHY COACH PARSONS CLEANED HOUSE AND GOT RID OF ALL THE OLD COACHES AND GOT NEW ONES. FROM WHAT COACH B. WAS SHOWING PEOPLE YOU HAD A COACH THAT COULD HAVE BEEN THE REAL DEAL AND B.L. CUT HIM. FORM WHAT I HEARD FROM THE B/L/ PLAYERS COACH RIP HAD GOOD IDEAS BUT KEPT GETTTING IS LEGS CUT OUT BY HIS COACHING STAFF AND SCHOOL. THEY SAID SOME CUT HIM CAUSE OF HIS ATTITUDE AND SOME JUST WANTED HIS JOB.:mad:
footballexorcist Wrote:SO IF COACH PARSONS DIDNT PLAY BEYOND HIGH SCHOOL WHERE IS THE EXPERIENCE AT. YOU CANT PLAY ELEMENTARY FOOTBALL AND HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL AND THINK THAT A PROGRAM IS GOING TO BE TURNED AROUND BY THAT PERSON. THE LAST 4 OR 5 YEARS THE HEAD COACHING FOUGHT WITH THE SCHOOL MORE THATN THEY COACH, FROM WHAT I HAVE HEARD. iS THAT WHY COACH PARSONS CLEANED HOUSE AND GOT RID OF ALL THE OLD COACHES AND GOT NEW ONES. FROM WHAT COACH B. WAS SHOWING PEOPLE YOU HAD A COACH THAT COULD HAVE BEEN THE REAL DEAL AND B.L. CUT HIM. FORM WHAT I HEARD FROM THE B/L/ PLAYERS COACH RIP HAD GOOD IDEAS BUT KEPT GETTTING IS LEGS CUT OUT BY HIS COACHING STAFF AND SCHOOL. THEY SAID SOME CUT HIM CAUSE OF HIS ATTITUDE AND SOME JUST WANTED HIS JOB.:mad:
So you mean to tell me that Coach Parsons cut Branham's legs out from under him. Wow that is some hard core inside information. Exactly what did Parsons say and to who did he say it to? All of the above is sacrcasm btw. I don't see a school getting rid of a more experienced coach who had the kids behind him for a guy with no experience just because he went there. Do they think that just because he was from BL that he is the coaching savior they have been looking for since the school started playing football. No offense BL but you showed no one anything. So I believe he will fail like the rest. Or get cut by somebody who wants his job or just doesn't like him for whatever reason.
Prestonsburg should win this one by 20-30 points.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

footballexorcist Wrote:SO IF COACH PARSONS DIDNT PLAY BEYOND HIGH SCHOOL WHERE IS THE EXPERIENCE AT. YOU CANT PLAY ELEMENTARY FOOTBALL AND HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL AND THINK THAT A PROGRAM IS GOING TO BE TURNED AROUND BY THAT PERSON. THE LAST 4 OR 5 YEARS THE HEAD COACHING FOUGHT WITH THE SCHOOL MORE THATN THEY COACH, FROM WHAT I HAVE HEARD. iS THAT WHY COACH PARSONS CLEANED HOUSE AND GOT RID OF ALL THE OLD COACHES AND GOT NEW ONES. FROM WHAT COACH B. WAS SHOWING PEOPLE YOU HAD A COACH THAT COULD HAVE BEEN THE REAL DEAL AND B.L. CUT HIM. FORM WHAT I HEARD FROM THE B/L/ PLAYERS COACH RIP HAD GOOD IDEAS BUT KEPT GETTTING IS LEGS CUT OUT BY HIS COACHING STAFF AND SCHOOL. THEY SAID SOME CUT HIM CAUSE OF HIS ATTITUDE AND SOME JUST WANTED HIS JOB.:mad:

I disagree, there are many coaches that never played football past high-school that have good records and have turned programs around. If you study offensive and defenses enough anyone can become "Football-Smart." It is arrogant to think that people who play beyond college know more than those who did not. There are alot of people who make alot more money in the real world that did not go to college at all, so college while society has made it important, is not a make or break thing like many people think. I am not saying that college is not important, but society has put too much importance on it and people are forgetting the basics of life.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

jetpilot Wrote:Says a lot about P-burg to even schedule BL. This game will help nobody.

This game is a big helper for Prestonsburg, it allows the coaches to see who can play and who can't. Even though that's what they have doing all summer, game atmosphere's are completely different. It wouldn't make any sense to me to schedule a powerhouse and get beat to death in the first game of the season. Smart move by the coaches IMO.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I disagree, there are many coaches that never played football past high-school that have good records and have turned programs around. If you study offensive and defenses enough anyone can become "Football-Smart." It is arrogant to think that people who play beyond college know more than those who did not. There are alot of people who make alot more money in the real world that did not go to college at all, so college while society has made it important, is not a make or break thing like many people think. I am not saying that college is not important, but society has put too much importance on it and people are forgetting the basics of life.
i agree
Sounds to me football exorist has a personal problem with Coach Parsons. Coach Parsons played in high school, he was head coach at the grade school, and he was an assistant at the high school for four years. That is some of his experience.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Prestonsburg should win this one by 20-30 points.
Your being way too kind here bull...................
Pburg will be up like 42-0 at half. Play their young guys and score over 60 .Wink
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:I can see, you voice your opinion RIP 28 dont mean much, but I see you post it.

We'll see

BOBCAT FOOTBALL
A Lil' advice here fanatic,
The more you Betsylayner's say how tough and competetive your gonna play Pburg,
The worse they will make you eat your words. Pburg easily could have been your state champions the 2 years Belfry won it. I didn't say WOULD HAVE BUT COULD HAVE.
Pburg is not gonna go light just because you are Betsy Layne. They will send a message and score 60 or more. Pburg will make an example of Betsy Layne in a bad way.