Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville College vs UK - October 31, Exhibition
More Cowbell Wrote:If I was a player on Pikeville's team I would think playing UK is the coolest thing ever!

I know man. Well with me because I grew up watching them and loving them (and paying tuition for them) so it would mean a little more to me than someone would was recruited from out of state to PC. But hey it is the KENTUCKY name that does it.
This is one of those rare situations where people from around here can actually root for both teams in this game. Of course we all want UK to win comfortably, but I would also love to see the Bears do well and make a good showing for themselves. Pikeville College will be representing a big part of eastern Kentucky that day.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I will hopefully be in the Eruppion zone so I may wear half blue half Orange to the game... nah, I would get killed.
I'll be in the front row for this game wearing some orange. I hope UK wins every game this year besides this one.I know some of the players for Pikeville have played at Rupp for the State Tourny but I think this will be a little different.
RavenBoy Wrote:I'll be in the front row for this game wearing some orange. I hope UK wins every game this year besides this one. I know some of the players for Pikeville have played at Rupp for the State Tourny but I think this will be a little different.

Don't be surprised if you catch some flak wearing orange to a UK game, they may mistake you for a Tennessee Volunteer! Smile

Actually, you'll probably be okay if you're sitting in the front row of the lower arena, as long as you aren't in the Erupption Zone or in the upper deck where the hard-core fans are.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[quote=RavenBoy]I'll be in the front row for this game wearing some orange. I hope UK wins every game this year besides this one.I know some of the players for Pikeville have played at Rupp for the State Tourny but I think this will be a little different.[/QUOTE]

If the guys that have played in the state tourney are from the mountains, then they will be very filmilar getting beat in Rupp by 30 points. No offense or anything I just had to throw it in. Please don't get mad or anything.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:[quote=RavenBoy]I'll be in the front row for this game wearing some orange. I hope UK wins every game this year besides this one.I know some of the players for Pikeville have played at Rupp for the State Tourny but I think this will be a little different.[/QUOTE]

If the guys that have played in the state tourney are from the mountains, then they will be very filmilar getting beat in Rupp by 30 points. No offense or anything I just had to throw it in. Please don't get mad or anything.

Well at least they had that opportunity in high school and will have that opportunity to step on the floor in Rupp and play the CATS. I bet that's more than you can say for yourself! They may lose by 30, but they will gain a memory that will last a life time. Thank positive, you'll live longer.
Survivor Wrote:[quote=Scotty doesn't know]

Well at least they had that opportunity in high school and will have that opportunity to step on the floor in Rupp and play the CATS. I bet that's more than you can say for yourself! They may lose by 30, but they will gain a memory that will last a life time. Thank positive, you'll live longer.

I will thank positively and I positively thank you for taking offense to such a tiny joke. I am guessing you did not get the point or something? Pikeville College will more than likely get beat badly. I never said that they will not have a memory that will last a lifetime or anything remotely close to your comment. I simply said that if the players on Pikeville College are from the mountains and played in Rupp before they probably got beat bad.... If you had ever read any of my comments on this game you would know that I think that this is a fantasic thing for the program and players at PC. I don't know why you took offense or anything. Just chill out man it was not meant to offend:Thumbs: .
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:[quote=Survivor]

I will thank positively and I positively thank you for taking offense to such a tiny joke. I am guessing you did not get the point or something? Pikeville College will more than likely get beat badly. I never said that they will not have a memory that will last a lifetime or anything remotely close to your comment. I simply said that if the players on Pikeville College are from the mountains and played in Rupp before they probably got beat bad.... If you had ever read any of my comments on this game you would know that I think that this is a fantasic thing for the program and players at PC. I don't know why you took offense or anything. Just chill out man it was not meant to offend:Thumbs: .

Positively thank me?? I didn't get the point?? What point? It was very easy to figure out "the point". You were making a childish, sarcastic remark. So, you chill out buddy, I'm not the one who made the comment. Smile

Positively thank me?? I didn't get the point?? What point? It was very easy to figure out "the point". You were making a childish, sarcastic remark. So, you chill out buddy, I'm not the one who made the comment. Smile

Ouch! You got me there man. I was really trying to make my point about thanking you. Right. Pal if you would post more often you would know that I am in full support of PC doing this for their program. You must be one of these people that think that they can come on here and just disagree and chastise people for no reason. Just relax take a deep breath and realize how aruging with me about this is pretty pointless.

A valid point: MOST teams that go down to play in Rupp and come from the mountains usually get paired with a much better team. Therefore they never really stand a chance in the same sence that Pikeville will not stand a chance against UK. Is that really something to get bent out of shape about?
I think that the boys from Pikeville will play hard, but UK and Billy G. will blow them out and send a message to the rest of UK's opponants and UK fans that this is not Tubby-Ball anymore. That being said, I liked Tubby, and his teams won most of the time in the regular season, but it was just boring to watch IMO.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Scotty doesn't know Wrote:[quote=Survivor]

Ouch! You got me there man. I was really trying to make my point about thanking you. Right. Pal if you would post more often you would know that I am in full support of PC doing this for their program. You must be one of these people that think that they can come on here and just disagree and chastise people for no reason. Just relax take a deep breath and realize how aruging with me about this is pretty pointless.

A valid point: MOST teams that go down to play in Rupp and come from the mountains usually get paired with a much better team. Therefore they never really stand a chance in the same sence that Pikeville will not stand a chance against UK. Is that really something to get bent out of shape about?

You're the greatest!!

You're the greatest!!

Thanks! I appreciate it! *end of argument*
this is good for some of the local guys that play
Most of the players at Pikeville are thugs, I hope they don't embarass us all with their bad attitudes.
Redneck Wrote:Most of the players at Pikeville are thugs, I hope they don't embarass us all with their bad attitudes.

I don't know what's worse, a Thug or a Redneck!Smile
Redneck Wrote:Most of the players at Pikeville are thugs, I hope they don't embarass us all with their bad attitudes.

I watched them play a lot this summer and last season, can you tell me who the thugs are? I seen some hard fouls last season, but not thuggish play. Over the summer, I didnt even see that.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
The game is for exhibition purposes. It gives the teams a chance to showcase talent. I don't think anyone expects PC's talent level to be that of UK's but it is a good opportunity for the players of a small eastern ky college to show some of their abilities. Instead of talking trash about eastern ky players, I am glad for the opportunity to watch this game. One other note, not all of the guys playing for PC are eastern ky natives, they have a couple of out a state D1 transfers this year. I wish the best to Coach Wells, his staff, and his players. I think Coach Wells is doing his best to turn around the PC program. He has only been there one season.
Survivor Wrote:I don't know what's worse, a Thug or a Redneck!Smile

:thatsfunn
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I watched them play a lot this summer and last season, can you tell me who the thugs are? I seen some hard fouls last season, but not thuggish play. Over the summer, I didnt even see that.

Why does that not suprise me Rolleyes
Redneck Wrote:Why does that not suprise me Rolleyes

Why is it not surprising that you wont say who the thugs are? Are you going on what you heard or did you even watch them play any at all? If they are thugs, then say the name, number or anything else. I guess it is a easy thing to say, but harder to back up if someone enquirers about it.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
NEXT Wrote:Case will be the only one, as May and Lowe decided college was not for them.

I would've loved to see Brad Lowe step in Rupp and light it up.....The only time in my life I would've ever cheered for the visiting team in Rupp Arena! Good luck PC! Should be fun to watch
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Why is it not surprising that you wont say who the thugs are? Are you going on what you heard or did you even watch them play any at all? If they are thugs, then say the name, number or anything else. I guess it is a easy thing to say, but harder to back up if someone enquirers about it.

Are you serious???
First off, I went to Pikeville College, don't anymore but I still spend alot of time with my BEST FRIENDS at Pikeville College. Second, my lil sis played at PC last year, so I caught MANY games last year, more then you probably. I didn't watch any summer ball cause frankly I could care less about PC basketball. Why single the players out, I didn't say ALL of them were thugs. Anybody who watched them play last year who ISN'T bias will say the same thing. Were you at the conference tourney last year?
I was at almost every home game they played. I didnt see any thuggish behavior. I did see a hard foul here and there. There is a difference between a foul and playing like a thug. If your lil sis played there last year, does that mean you went to the mens basketball games also? That would be a nice gesture considering you dont care about PC basketball. From everything that I have heard here in the community and from people on campus that was on campus back when you was wearing diapers, is the real thugs play on turf not on wood.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I was at almost every home game they played. I didnt see any thuggish behavior. I did see a hard foul here and there. There is a difference between a foul and playing like a thug. If your lil sis played there last year, does that mean you went to the mens basketball games also? That would be a nice gesture considering you dont care about PC basketball. From everything that I have heard here in the community and from people on campus that was on campus back when you was wearing diapers, is the real thugs play on turf not on wood.

Yes I stayed for the boys games also.
Don't understand what you mean, "when I was wearin diapers" cause the football team has only been around for 6-7 years, and I was there for 2 of em. And YES, there are plenty of thugs on the football team too.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:If they are thugs, then say the name, number or anything else. I guess it is a easy thing to say, but harder to back up if someone enquirers about it.
No, Let's not name names.
This thread has gotten off topic and the thug discussion is pretty boring reading.
Please get back on the topic of the thread which is PC v UK...Exhibition, In case some have forgotten.
Go Pikeville, At least take out Bradley. I cant stand looking at him, most ugly person in the world.
Nobody was laughing when Georgetown played very well last year against the cats.
Call me crazy, but Pikeville has a couple players that will get a lot of attention from this game. I am not saying they will win, because they wont. Some of Pikevilles players will turn some heads though.
I think that it is very exciting for PC to be play Uk at Rupp. I personally can't wait not matter what the ending score is. I recently checked the PC website and saw that the roster for the team is now posted. I hope that the bears will be pumped for the game.