Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2A Quarterfinal Walton Verona @ Breathitt County
What great break down of the WV !!! I have seen very little on them from this year about only thing I can see is when played North Laurel and you spot on from what I have seen.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Here is the link to BSN’s YouTube site. Hope is helps. The games should be streamed there.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCxe8Qx60r1piLrSK8BKso0A

thanks again Bull
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:thanks again Bull

No problem.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Walton will win this game cupcake season is over for Breathitt County!
UK1fan Wrote:Walton will win this game cupcake season is over for Breathitt County!
. I guess you will feel like a fool if breathitt wins big like I expect
Big_blue Wrote:. I guess you will feel like a fool if breathitt wins big like I expect

BC hasn't played anyone. Walton is well tested.
Just wait until Friday you will see if they are the real deal this year and you will have a long ride home to cry it all out
Big_blue Wrote:Just wait until Friday you will see if they are the real deal this year and you will have a long ride home to cry it all out

Lol I won't have a long ride home. Walton is well tested they lost to Lloyd, NewCath, Louisville Holy Cross and a Cincinnati team. They will be more than ready. Good luck Walton Bearcats!
I may be mistaken but losing to teams don’t mean you are better than others
The closest comparable game for the two teams would be north Laurel that beat south laurel 27-12 and breathitt beat south 43-8 with them only scoring on the third team d
UK1fan Wrote:Lol I won't have a long ride home. Walton is well tested they lost to Lloyd, NewCath, Louisville Holy Cross and a Cincinnati team. They will be more than ready. Good luck Walton Bearcats!
I agree that the Bearcats have played in some big games, and played a tougher schedule than Bobcats. But both teams are playing the best team they have played all year on this coming Friday. I do think Bobcats have advantage with big play makers but WV has more playoff experience. I really think this game will be close at Halftime but Breathitt has to many weapons for Bearcats to stop and pull away in 3rd and 4th quarter. But Bobcats better come play because if they make some turnovers early this game could be close. Hopefully Bobcats take care ball and defense comes ready for a dog fight. Hopefully you get come and see Charles Andrew Collins #24 put on a show kid is as good RB as they have ever been here!!! That saying something because we have had some great RBs.
Breathitt wins but it will be the closest game they've had all year.
Breathitt 42 to 21
Anyone that thinks Walton-Verona will be a push over, may need to go and get their head examined. After studying up on this team, the Bearcats have played a solid schedule and they are very well coached. They are very "workman like" and they seem to play at their best when pounding the ball and controlling the clock. In other words, if Breathitt isn't ready to play, their season will come to an end this Friday on the Riverbank. With that being said, Walton-Verona is a younger team, who doesn't have a lot of depth. I feel if Breathitt comes out ready to play, they should be able to run the ball and wear down the Bearcat D-Line. Defensively, this will be the biggest test of the year,so far for the Bobcats. Walton-Verona will have success running the football, but as long as Breathitt's defense doesn't give up the big play, I like our chances at creating turnovers. At the end of the day, I think the Bobcats running game will be the deciding factor in bringing home the first regional championship since 2008. Breathitt wins 35-21.
I must say Cat Daddy, that is a remarkable and factual synopsis! My grand daughter married a graduate of WV, who was also a solid football player. He keeps up with WV, so I like to loosely follow them, too.

I agree with your assessment.
I was reviewing the games and noticed Leslie Co and Walton-Verona both beat Owen Co with very similar scores so I do look for breathitt to take care of business but I do understand it’s the playoffs and breathitt will have to play hard
Breathitt County 35-14.
Breathitt 33
WV 13
I don’t see the Bobcats being held to under 40 points. Bobcats To Much fire power to hold them down.
Breathitt-48
Walton-Verona-14
At this point every team has shown they know how to play. If ANY team comes out and does not execute they can be beaten. Good luck to all teams and safe travels.

It’s going to be interesting to see how the Bobcats respond if WV can keep this game close. Breathitt’s schedule hasn’t really done them any favors in preparing them for a close grind it out style of a game.

I’ll take the Bobcats, but I don’t think it’s going to be the blow a lot are thinking.
Breathitt Co - 42
Walton Verona - 14
I don't know if Walton Verona has what it takes to play with Breathitt, but if there's one thing you can say about them: they always seem to play their best ball at the end of the year. If Breathitt is looking ahead to next week, then WV may just hang around long enough to make a game of it.
If Breathitt can blow WV out like many are saying then it will impress me. Personally I hope they do and I love seeing Breathitt back on the map it’s great for EKY. Walton Verona lost to New Cath by 3 who beat Beechwood by 3. Go Bobcats!!
100% chance of rain in Jackson. Everyone be safe and for the WV fans allow for some extra time getting to the game. The roads around here are very curvy and when it rains they are dangerous.

The rain may become a great equalizer. It would be a shame if that causes a bunch of really good teams to get knocked out in upsets. This time of the year, you want the best teams to move on.
Breathitt needs to come out of the gate and put Walton-Verona in a hole early. I think if Breathitt can build a lead and put Walton-Verona in a position to where they have to pass the ball, Breathitt wins running away. On the other hand, if Walton-Verona can create some early turnovers and get Breathitt into a "grind it out" style of game, they are very capable of leaving the Riverbank as regional champs. In the end, I look for the Bobcats to be very motivated and come out firing on all cylinders. All of this talk about the Bobcats being overrated and not playing anyone has them playing with an edge. I don't think the weather will give either team an advantage, because both are capable of running the ball effectively. Good luck Bobcats.
If Breathitt comes out and makes mistakes early and allows WV to keep it close they may be in trouble. If freakin Evansville can beat Kentucky I believe anything can happen if your not prepared.

Do not forget you can watch the game tonight on Bluegrass Sports nation on YouTube or on their Facebook page I was suggest turning the TV on mute and listen to music while you watch. It is a cold night with drizzle on the riverbank

Good start for WV. Stopped BC on first possession and is driving early in the first.