•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Emergency
Cardfan1 Wrote:I hate to interrupt your OBama pile on, TRT, but Trump is wanting to start things back up as this crisis is just ramping up.

I know some of you love him, but it may be time to jump off the wagon. It seems he has pushed Fauci and experts to the side and is focused on economics and ignoring the health of the nation.

Obama had his professorial act down to an art form, doesn't mean he was a good leader. He reminded me of an actor on the soaps, He always dressed snappy, and he always had snappy stuff to say though, most of it was just high sounding blather. Like one of those clothes horses that play a doctor on the daytime shows. But Obama was questioned and he was admonished to replenish all the medical equipment used during his oversight of the swine flu. More than once. He did as good a job at medical resupply, as he did in managing the epidemic. From the golf course, of course.

Trump isn't the one who came up with the Easter date, his medical team did that. But I couldn't help but notice over time that things do tend to SEEM much different to you than they do me. Fauci is a capable medical advisor-- he's not the President, nor could he capably fill that role. I mean don't get me wrong, your fascination with the past administration demonstrates that capable leadership is no prerequisite for Obama fans. Regardless, medical advisors to the President don't set national policy, anymore than could General MacArthur with Truman. The buck stops with the President, who for quite awhile waiting for all the 'experts' to get aboard, was the only one not ignoring the health of the nation.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Obama had his professorial act down to an art form, doesn't mean he was a good leader. He reminded me of an actor on the soaps, He always dressed snappy, and he always had snappy stuff to say though, most of it was just high sounding blather. Like one of those clothes horses that play a doctor on the daytime shows. But Obama was questioned and he was admonished to replenish all the medical equipment used during his oversight of the swine flu. More than once. He did as good a job at medical resupply, as he did in managing the epidemic. From the golf course, of course.

Trump isn't the one who came up with the Easter date, his medical team did that. But I couldn't help but notice over time that things do tend to SEEM much different to you than they do me. Fauci is a capable medical advisor-- he's not the President, nor could he capably fill that role. I mean don't get me wrong, your fascination with the past administration demonstrates that capable leadership is no prerequisite for Obama fans. Regardless, medical advisors to the President don't set national policy, anymore than could General MacArthur with Truman. The buck stops with the President, who for quite awhile waiting for all the 'experts' to get aboard, was the only one not ignoring the health of the nation.

I’m not infatuated with the last administration. Just had to interrupt your history lesson to point out the ensuing disaster the president is attempting. Maybe after Congress gets him some spending money he will calm down and not try to indirectly kill thousands of people.

Trump came up with Easter date. It was one of those things that just flies out of his mouth and now he will double-triple-down on it because he is so stubborn.

Trump denied this train was headed at us for nearly 2 months. Period.
Cardfan1 Wrote:I’m not infatuated with the last administration. Just had to interrupt your history lesson to point out the ensuing disaster the president is attempting. Maybe after Congress gets him some spending money he will calm down and not try to indirectly kill thousands of people.

Trump came up with Easter date. It was one of those things that just flies out of his mouth and now he will double-triple-down on it because he is so stubborn.

Trump denied this train was headed at us for nearly 2 months. Period.

You are infatuated with the last administration.

What they're (Trump Admin) attempting to do here is LIMIT the initial spread of the disease. That means protecting medical staff with the appropriate PPE, and providing vital equipment like ventilators for the sick. We sailed through our stock of those items under Obama. And that at a point barely 2 years into his romper room, 8 year long misadministration. When Trump came into office the cupboard was STILL bare.

Hearing reports that the medical community was being exposed for lack of PPE and patients may well suffer for lack of ventilators, the rabid media then went on the attack to lay blame for the present situation on MR Trump when the actual events clearly dictate otherwise. But your response does show how susceptible you are to lining up on the wrong side of every issue going. Past that--

My point draws attention to the facts and waits for the future to unfold. Yours, attempts to deflect away from the actual blame and then borrows from wild eyed speculation, conjuring up horrors which have not yet materialized in order to do what? Why just slam the President for the emergence of the coronavirus of course. What a willing and gullible true believer. :biglmao:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:You are infatuated with the last administration.

What they're (Trump Admin) attempting to do here is LIMIT the initial spread of the disease. That means protecting medical staff with the appropriate PPE, and providing vital equipment like ventilators for the sick. We sailed through our stock of those items under Obama. And that at a point barely 2 years into his romper room, 8 year long misadministration. When Trump came into office the cupboard was STILL bare.

Hearing reports that the medical community was being exposed for lack of PPE and patients may well suffer for lack of ventilators, the rabid media then went on the attack to lay blame for the present situation on MR Trump when the actual events clearly dictate otherwise. But your response does show how susceptible you are to lining up on the wrong side of every issue going. Past that--

My point draws attention to the facts and waits for the future to unfold. Yours, attempts to deflect away from the actual blame and then borrows from wild eyed speculation, conjuring up horrors which have not yet materialized in order to do what? Why just slam the President for the emergence of the coronavirus of course. What a willing and gullible true believer. :biglmao:

I invite you to show me where I have shown infatuation with the last administration.

Realizing the severity of the problem, the Trump administration has motivated industry to produce millions of PPE materials in the month of March. Unfortunately that was after a few wasted months. If Obama romped through the stores, Trump has had 3 years to build it back up. Blame game is a nice tactic, but when you cut the agency that would make sure your country is prepared then the buck stops with you.

Sadly, math tells us all we need to know. I don't have to invent anything. We haven't taken any of the measures that Italy or China did and look what happened to them. Italy is at least 15 days into a nationwide shutdown and still 600+ people dying a day.
Numbers have New York on a worse path than Italy.

I will go on record saying the president did not start the coronavirus. My criticism is his early denial that hampered national acceptance and leading an administration that was not prepared for a pandemic.
Cardfan1 Wrote:I invite you to show me where I have shown infatuation with the last administration.
Realizing the severity of the problem, the Trump administration has motivated industry to produce millions of PPE materials in the month of March. Unfortunately that was after a few wasted months. If Obama romped through the stores, Trump has had 3 years to build it back up. Blame game is a nice tactic, but when you cut the agency that would make sure your country is prepared then the buck stops with you.

Sadly, math tells us all we need to know. I don't have to invent anything. We haven't taken any of the measures that Italy or China did and look what happened to them. Italy is at least 15 days into a nationwide shutdown and still 600+ people dying a day.
Numbers have New York on a worse path than Italy.

I will go on record saying the president did not start the coronavirus. My criticism is his early denial that hampered national acceptance and leading an administration that was not prepared for a pandemic.

Re-read your own posts, I'm not about to invest any time proving (again) that which you would deny. AGAIN. You sidestep everything just like you just did again with the break down in the supply chain handed down to America by the Obama administration. Even a super power is defenseless without a viable supply line.

You've said he's guilty of everything from lying to obstruction to incompetence and I say to date you've been unable to substantiate one word of your-- "criticisms."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Re-read your own posts, I'm not about to invest any time proving (again) that which you would deny. AGAIN. You sidestep everything just like you just did again with the break down in the supply chain handed down to America by the Obama administration. Even a super power is defenseless without a viable supply line.

You've said he's guilty of everything from lying to obstruction to incompetence and I say to date you've been unable to substantiate one word of your-- "criticisms."

Right, you can't prove it, because I have not. If anything I have been critical of Obama's bailout and his drone usage. What I haven't done is fall for the "Obama did it" excuse that the man who is the leader of the free world is using. Weak sauce.

Not sure who said this as recently as March 11th: "...but we're having to fix a problem that, four weeks ago, nobody ever thought would be a problem."

If we had only known 4 weeks ago...
Cardfan1 Wrote:Right, you can't prove it, because I have not. If anything I have been critical of Obama's bailout and his drone usage. What I haven't done is fall for the "Obama did it" excuse that the man who is the leader of the free world is using. Weak sauce.

Not sure who said this as recently as March 11th: "...but we're having to fix a problem that, four weeks ago, nobody ever thought would be a problem."

If we had only known 4 weeks ago...

Your characterization of the President is a straight up lie. And if you were ever critical of Obama it wasn't on this site. But, and I know this runs contrary to the going rationale favored by liberals, men don't cause hurricanes or the resultant flooding. But George W got blamed nonetheless for the US not being prepared well enough. And like Trump is being blamed for coronavirus, the media blamed and defamed W mercilessly for the suffering caused by Katrina. So being ready was paramount in Katrina's case because they saw the opportunity to jump on W. But in this case where not being prepared was Democrat Obama's fault, it's move along to blame Republican Trump. :please:

The only thing we could do other than travel bans and social distancing and business curtailments and public school closings etc., is to be stocked up on medical supplies and equipment, ready in other words. And until Obama era usage depleted those stores we were--- stocked up. Now you want to blame Trump instead, and who is really surprised or who really cares? I know that's a double negatory for me.

I heard all your favorite talking heads on the networks climbing up on Trump because he enacted his "racist" China travel ban back at the end of January. Which BTW has no doubt saved countless infections. Then when the power of the CV punch began to actually be felt, the media lefties stopped scoffing and suddenly began pulling their hair out but only after they lit it on fire. Meanwhile the left, that would be you et-al, could care less about the hundreds of Chinese border crashers caught surging across unprotected sections of our border with Mexico. Wittingly, unwittingly or willfully, you guys in my mind are clueless.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Clay Travis
@ClayTravis
British epidemiologist who predicted over 2 million Americans — and 500k Brits — would die from coronavirus now says his model, which went viral, is wrong. Says England is unlikely to have more than 20k deaths & potentially much less. Whoops.
jetpilot Wrote:Clay Travis
@ClayTravis
British epidemiologist who predicted over 2 million Americans — and 500k Brits — would die from coronavirus now says his model, which went viral, is wrong. Says England is unlikely to have more than 20k deaths & potentially much less. Whoops.

The initial prediction was the “do nothing” prediction.
Cardfan1 Wrote:The initial prediction was the “do nothing” prediction.

Clay Travis

@ClayTravis

Essentially his explanation is this: “I gave the worst possible death rate based on a bad model & then when the actual data reflected my death scenario was implausible, absurd & ridiculous I made my estimate 1/25th what it was & said it changed because people listened to me.”
Neil Ferguson—3/26/20

I think it would be helpful if I cleared up some confusion that has emerged in recent days. Some have interpreted my evidence to a UK parliamentary committee as indicating we have substantially revised our assessments of the potential mortality impact of COVID-19. This is not the case. Indeed, if anything, our latest estimates suggest that the virus is slightly more transmissible than we previously thought. Our lethality estimates remain unchanged. My evidence to Parliament referred to the deaths we assess might occur in the UK in the presence of the very intensive social distancing and other public health interventions now in place. Without those controls, our assessment remains that the UK would see the scale of deaths reported in our study (namely, up to approximately 500 thousand).

https://www.dailywire.com/news/epidemiol...ises-model
Cardfan1 Wrote:Neil Ferguson—3/26/20

I think it would be helpful if I cleared up some confusion that has emerged in recent days. Some have interpreted my evidence to a UK parliamentary committee as indicating we have substantially revised our assessments of the potential mortality impact of COVID-19. This is not the case. Indeed, if anything, our latest estimates suggest that the virus is slightly more transmissible than we previously thought. Our lethality estimates remain unchanged. My evidence to Parliament referred to the deaths we assess might occur in the UK in the presence of the very intensive social distancing and other public health interventions now in place. Without those controls, our assessment remains that the UK would see the scale of deaths reported in our study (namely, up to approximately 500 thousand).

https://www.dailywire.com/news/epidemiol...ises-model

Confusednicker:Confusedhh:
jetpilot Wrote:Confusednicker:Confusedhh:

The whole story is always better than an inaccurate paraphrasing from an incompetent sports personality.

Let’s remember even if that scientist was absurdly off and his new projections are closer to reality that still means 88,000 American deaths. Nothing to celebrate.
Cardfan1 Wrote:The whole story is always better than an inaccurate paraphrasing from an incompetent sports personality.

Let’s remember even if that scientist was absurdly off and his new projections are closer to reality that still means 88,000 American deaths. Nothing to celebrate.

The whole story is even "an incompetent sports personality" is 100x more accurate than your doomsday idiot. And tens of thousands of people die in the US from the flu each year and no one celebrates.:eyeroll:
jetpilot Wrote:The whole story is even "an incompetent sports personality" is 100x more accurate than your doomsday idiot. And tens of thousands of people die in the US from the flu each year and no one celebrates.:eyeroll:

He wasn’t even accurate in the summary. He’s rarely accurate in sports.

It’s not the scientist’s fault that reading comprehension is an issue with so many.

You are correct an average of 40k people die yearly from the flu. It’s extremely serious hence the antiviral drugs and vaccines produced to combat the spread.

Now, imagine a novel “flu” that spreads 3 times faster with ZERO methods to combat it. No vaccine, no antivirals, and most importantly the disease is novel, or new, so humans do not have an immunity like they do to various forms of influenza.

The only method of stopping the spread and the devastating consequences of the doomsday prognosticators is staying away and shutting down.
jetpilot Wrote:Kentucky's own Thomas Massie is one of the smartest people in Congress:

Thomas Massie
@RepThomasMassie
Someone asked me if the fundamentals of our economy are still sound, referencing economic indicators.

The most fundamental aspect of any economy is “people go to work and make things or provide a service.”

The fundamentals are broken.

No amount of stimulus fixes that.

He’s real smart right now. Probably will need to find a new job soon.
Cardfan1 Wrote:He’s real smart right now. Probably will need to find a new job soon.

Wanna bet?Confusednicker:
Cardfan1 Wrote:He wasn’t even accurate in the summary. He’s rarely accurate in sports.

It’s not the scientist’s fault that reading comprehension is an issue with so many.

You are correct an average of 40k people die yearly from the flu. It’s extremely serious hence the antiviral drugs and vaccines produced to combat the spread.

Now, imagine a novel “flu” that spreads 3 times faster with ZERO methods to combat it. No vaccine, no antivirals, and most importantly the disease is novel, or new, so humans do not have an immunity like they do to various forms of influenza.

The only method of stopping the spread and the devastating consequences of the doomsday prognosticators is staying away and shutting down.

Confusednicker: Everyone but you must know what 2000000 means.
You are in full liberal partisan mode and highly triggered. Your guy has been exposed as a buffoon and you seem sad he is so far off base.:flush:
jetpilot Wrote:Confusednicker: Everyone but you must know what 2000000 means.
You are in full liberal partisan mode and highly triggered. Your guy has been exposed as a buffoon and you seem sad he is so far off base.:flush:

Everyone must know what “do nothing” means but you and Clay Travis.

Sad thing is Trump may prove him right he when tells everybody “mission accomplished” in the middle of a pandemic. Glad we have Gov. and mayors that will tell him to kick rocks.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Everyone must know what “do nothing” means but you and Clay Travis.

Sad thing is Trump may prove him right he when tells everybody “mission accomplished” in the middle of a pandemic. Glad we have Gov. and mayors that will tell him to kick rocks.

Every thought produced by your feeble little mind begins and ends with Orange Man Bad. It's very hard to tell by your posts on here if you are a blithering idiot or just brainwashed. Since I am a nice guy and always try every way in the world to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, I'm going with brainwashed.

Nah, just kidding.Confusednicker:
Undercover Huber Retweeted
Lee Smith
@LeeSmithDC
·
Mar 26
3.3 M jobless claims in US as scientist walks back hysterical model warning between 2-4 M dead.
Quote Tweet

Alex Berenson
@AlexBerenson
· Mar 26
1/ This is a remarkable turn from Neil Ferguson, who led the @imperialcollege authors who warned of 500,000 UK deaths - and who has now himself tested positive for #COVID; https://newscientist.com/article/2238578...-predicts/
Show this thread
Alex Berenson
@AlexBerenson
·
Mar 26
Replying to
@AlexBerenson
2/ He now says both that the U.K. should have enough ICU beds and that the coronavirus will probably kill under 20,000 people in the U.K. - more than 1/2 of whom would have died by the end of the year in any case bc they were so old and sick.
Alex Berenson
@AlexBerenson
·
Mar 26
3/ Essentially, what has happened is that estimates of the viruses transmissibility have increased - which implies that many more people have already gotten it than we realize - which in turn implies it is less dangerous.
Alex Berenson
@AlexBerenson
·
Mar 26
4/ Ferguson now predicts that the epidemic in the U.K. will peak and subside within “two to three weeks” - last week’s paper said 18+ months of quarantine would be necessary.
J-IDEA’s Neil Ferguson tells MPs lockdown can help NHS manage coronavirus | Imperial News |...
CORONAVIRUS LOCKDOWN - Imperial’s Neil Ferguson, Director of J-IDEA, has told MPs that the current UK lockdown could keep the coronavirus outbreak at manageable levels.
imperial.ac.uk
Alex Berenson
@AlexBerenson
·
Mar 26
5/ One last point here: Ferguson gives the lockdown credit, which is *interesting* - the UK only began ita lockdown 2 days ago, and the theory is that lockdowns take 2 weeks or more to work.
Alex Berenson
@AlexBerenson
·
Mar 26
6/ Not surprisingly, this testimony has received no attention in the US - I found it only in UK papers. Team Apocalypse is not interested.
Pranay Pathole
@PPathole
·
Mar 26
Replying to
@AlexBerenson
and
@imperialcollege
@elonmusk
Neil Ferguson also accurately adjusted the r0 up which seems to coincide with a lot of recent evidence that this is more contagious than originally thought but much less deadly.
Elon Musk
@elonmusk
·
Mar 26
Yes
Sean Davis
@seanmdav
·
50m
Let's look at some state data. The IMHE model predicted that 1,716 people in Texas would have been hospitalized yesterday due to the Wuhan coronavirus. The actual number of hospitalized Texans? 196 people.
Sean Davis
@seanmdav
·
51m
In Georgia, the IMHE model predicted that as of yesterday, 2,777 peole would have been hospitalized due to the Wuhan coronavirus. The actual number of people hospitalized in Georgia? 952.
In Virginia, the IMHE model predicted that 607 Virginians would have been hospitalized as of yesterday due to the Wuhan coronavirus. The actual number? 305.
Are you applauding the things those states and individuals have done or laughing at their overreactions?

This article discusses the accuracy epidemiological models.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/a...ht/609271/
Sean Davis
@seanmdav
In Tennessee, the IMHE model predicted that 2,214 people in Tennessee would have been hospitalized by yesterday due to the Wuhan coronavirus. The actual number? 200.
Sean Davis
@seanmdav
·
5h
The IMHE model for the Wuhan coronavirus that the White House is relying on is garbage. It is using NY/NJ data and applying it to the rest of the U.S.

It predicted that over 121,000 Americans would be hospitalized yesterday over the coronavirus. The actual number? 31,142.
So what would have happened if we continued everything from school to NCAA tourneys to Trump rallies...?

Oh right...the numbers your Twitter friends are laughing at.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next