Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 28 - LHC 18
Panther Thunder Wrote: [SIZE=4]"Gattiland In Pikeville Reserved For Pizza and Fun After The Game!
After the game players, coaches, parents and fans will be going to Gatti's at 274 Cassidy Blvd. for food and fun. For $10.00 dollars per player the Cougars will get all the pizza, pasta and dessert they can eat plus $6.00 dollars of free game room tokens and 1 free bumper car ride. More game room and bumper car tokens can be purchased by players if they want. Adults will pay $7.94 for the all you can eat pizza, pasta, dessert buffet. Since the game starts at 8:00pm and is on TV, it probably won't be over until 10:30pm. The plan is to get to Gatti's between 11:15pm and 11:30pm. It should be a fun way to get the Cougar Football team and fans together to [SIZE=4]celebrate the first victory of the 2007 season!" - from holy cross' website[/SIZE]

How'd that work out for ya???
[/SIZE]
I dont think they got to eat it. As I was leaving the game I saw the team charter bus heading towards the hotel. They mustve lost their appetites. LOL!
Noexcuses Wrote:.I think Pikeville could make a run to Louisville if they are more disciplined.What do you Pikeville fans think?
Nobody close to the program is thinking about Louisville. Right now they are only concerned about Ashland. Nobody else, just Ashland.
Good job Panthers but you have a lot to correct before next week.
Did anybody see or hear #40 (NIck McNeil) from Holy Cross? He dropped a couple F bombs to two of Pikeville's coaches when they were trying to congratulate him after the game. Then he cussed out Pikeville's basketball coach for trying to tell him good game. I know it is tough to take a loss but you need to take it with some dignity instead of looking like a 4 year old who doesn't get a G.I. Joe at Wal-Mart. He also said that Pikeville was dirty but it was #29 Greg Raney who bicycle kicked one of the Honakers about 4-5 times before being ejected. I know some of you will say "well what did Honaker do to that boy"? The answer is nothing. I saw the tape and rewound it 20 times to see what happened. The kid from Holy Cross must have thought he was back in Karate class I guess. These kids sure didn't act as classy as their coaches did. I heard the coaches from LHC were stand up guys. Hey kids, you might learn something from your coaches if you just listen instead of cussing and kicking.
Congrats Panthers! From the stands I was very impressed! Very physical on defense and some good backs on Offense. Great hit on the kickoff from # 58 I think. Man that little guy packs a big punch. Cut out the fumbles and you guys have a chance this year! Good luck with Ashland!
Redneck Wrote:Pikeville always has a good o-line, why do you think they have at least 1 1,000 yard rusher every year for last 25 years. JC's O-linemen weren't better necessarily better than Pikeville's O-linemen, JC's O-line coach is as good as they get, just ask Pikeville asst coach Mike Copley. 9 times outta 10 Grimm broke away with his agility and skills to cut on a dime.

Grimm and DH are without a doubt the best RB's in the mountains, no question. The point I was tryin to make to BoondockSaint was you can't compare stats when Grimm HAS faced much tougher competition and put up HUGE numbers against ALL of them, even Cov Cath in the state semi's last season. 2,600 yards on the ground, 30+ rushing TD's, numerous kick-off and punt returns for TD, a couple passin TD's and a handfull of recievin TD's.

Sure, all this considered Grimm HAS faced tougher opposition and come away with FANTASTIC numbers nearly EVERY game, but I think until Harmon gets a chance to compete against that type of a competitor you cant really compare them. But I guess I have seen alot more of Harmon play than Grimm, so my opinion is a little more biased
bigpun Wrote:Nobody close to the program is thinking about Louisville. Right now they are only concerned about Ashland. Nobody else, just Ashland.

Good, I think last year we got too far ahead of ourselves and started looking ahead of that second round devestator.
bigpun Wrote:Did anybody see or hear #40 (NIck McNeil) from Holy Cross? He dropped a couple F bombs to two of Pikeville's coaches when they were trying to congratulate him after the game. Then he cussed out Pikeville's basketball coach for trying to tell him good game. I know it is tough to take a loss but you need to take it with some dignity instead of looking like a 4 year old who doesn't get a G.I. Joe at Wal-Mart. He also said that Pikeville was dirty but it was #29 Greg Raney who bicycle kicked one of the Honakers about 4-5 times before being ejected. I know some of you will say "well what did Honaker do to that boy"? The answer is nothing. I saw the tape and rewound it 20 times to see what happened. The kid from Holy Cross must have thought he was back in Karate class I guess. These kids sure didn't act as classy as their coaches did. I heard the coaches from LHC were stand up guys. Hey kids, you might learn something from your coaches if you just listen instead of cussing and kicking.

I didn't see #40, but we did see the guy who got ejected. We were watching it on the computer (live webcast) and someone was like "wtf, look at that kid kicking" then they showed a replay of it.

I think Holy Cross came in to the game thinking this would be a pushover and when they started getting their butts beat, they started losing their heads.

I'm sure some Holy Cross fans will say it was a dirty game, not so much the physicality, but that one call where the ball was fumbled and a Holy Cross player "took it into the end zone."

Now that one I have to say looked pretty close to a touchdown by Holy Cross. It did appear that Honaker's knee may have been down before the ball fumbled, but it's one of those where it's too close to call and either way one party is going to be upset.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Won in the Trenches Wrote:Sure, all this considered Grimm HAS faced tougher opposition and come away with FANTASTIC numbers nearly EVERY game, but I think until Harmon gets a chance to compete against that type of a competitor you cant really compare them. But I guess I have seen alot more of Harmon play than Grimm, so my opinion is a little more biased

That's what I was tryin to say to BoondockSaint.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Debates like these are pointless. Harmon and Grimm are both great players. you put Harmon in a JC uniform and he will still be great. Put Grimm in a Pikeville unifrom and he would still be great. Great athletes are great athletes no matter what color theyre uniform is. I wouldnt trade DH for Grimm but that doesnt mean Grimm isnt great. Ive watched both play and they are the 2 best in the mountains hands down bar none.

Exactly.
Please stay on topic.
This thread is discussing the Pikeville/Holy Cross game, not a comparison of Harmon v Grimm.
I wasnt at the game, but I got some pretty good updates from family/friends...
How did Chaz Jackson do overall?--First half updates told me he was a BEAST on the defensive side of the ball, and his name was announced almost every play, if so GREAT job Chaz, keep up the good work buddy :Thumbs:
Won in the Trenches Wrote:I wasnt at the game, but I got some pretty good updates from family/friends...
How did Chaz Jackson do overall?--First half updates told me he was a BEAST on the defensive side of the ball, and his name was announced almost every play, if so GREAT job Chaz, keep up the good work buddy :Thumbs:
he played a nice game. He reminds me a lot of Weston Robinson.
Panther Thunder Wrote:he played a nice game. He reminds me a lot of Weston Robinson.

Thats good to hear
I thought Holy Cross was better than this. Pikeville got there act together from what I seen in their scrimmages...congrats Pikeville.
vundy33 Wrote:I thought Holy Cross was better than this. Pikeville got there act together from what I seen in their scrimmages...congrats Pikeville.
scrimmages is plural, meaning more than one, and Pikeville only had one scrimmage.
hmm i meant offense or defense pikeville has better players than the honakers twins and if they are really d1 talent i would think that they would be who the radio announcers are talking about making plays on both sides of the ball instead of Harmon
bigpun Wrote:scrimmages is plural, meaning more than one, and Pikeville only had one scrimmage.
Considering our second scrimmage was the Pike County Bowl, these kids are being baptized by fire.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Considering our second scrimmage was the Pike County Bowl, these kids are being baptized by fire.
A win is still a win no matter how you are thrown into a game.
EastKySports21 Wrote:hmm i meant offense or defense pikeville has better players than the honakers twins and if they are really d1 talent i would think that they would be who the radio announcers are talking about making plays on both sides of the ball instead of Harmon
You must not have listened closely...I heard many more names mentioned on both sides of the ball besides just Harmon.
Chaz Jackson...Tim Honaker...Ted Honaker...Josh Mullins...Watson Ritchie and the list goes on and on...It truly was a team effort for the Panthers.
maybe team effort on defense but 95 % of the offense harmon will just go ahead and make it 100 just give the kid the ball an watch em go
Im asking the fans not the players.What good is a board if you cant talk about a teams possibilities of going all the way,,,gee whizz

The honaker kid at qb is a tough kid but no D1 school would recruit him for QB.Maybe a DB.
BoondockSaint Wrote:For my money, Daniel Harmon is the best RB in the mountains, and maybe the best player, period.

Congrats to the Panthers!

I'd say Shawn Grimm has something to say about that now. Maybe top 5 but i would'nt say the best. Harmon is a heck of an athelete though I will give him that. Excels in all three sports, now that's impressive!
Let me clear up a few things.

#1. I am not a Pikeville fan.
#2. I am not a Johnson Central fan.
#3. I've seen Harmon and Grimm play on more than one occasion.
#4. My opinion is unbiased and stats are the most overrated way to make a judgement of players in high school football.
#5. I meant no slight to Grimm in saying I think Daniel Harmon is the best RB in the mountains. For either to be considered should be an honor to both. But in my honest, unbiased opinion Harmon is the best RB I've seen play in the last couple of years.

If you don't agree, that's fine and dandy, I don't expect everyone to agree with me. EVERYONE on here has an opinion, I just briefly stated mine.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Pikeville has the most talented backfield in the mountains bar none.... but they are far from the best because a couple of those backs are liabilities to fumble the ball and/or get get 3 or 4 Unsportsmanlike conduct penalties

I don t think you mean Mr. Harmon when you are talking about unsportsmanlike conduct,but i do agree with the other couple
EASports12 Wrote:The Honakers do need to learn to keep their heads. . .this time it was kind of understandable, seeing as the #29 from HC who got thrown out was actually kicking Tim, enough to get anybody and their brother riled up, but it is still unacceptable to have some 90 yards of just personal foul penalties.

I had the opportunity to watch this on tv that night with a gang of people that were not from either school and we all saw kicking from both players.

Noexcuses Wrote:Pikeville's players better quit the redneckin.Im talking about getting mad and retailiating when an opposing player does something to get you to react.Both teams did poorly controlling their anger.Maybe it was the heat.Fighting has no place in the game of football.I think Pikeville could make a run to Louisville if they are more disciplined.What do you Pikeville fans think?

Just what I said about the game that Pikeville and Belfry played last year .

Won in the Trenches Wrote:i think he means "Pikevilles offense has better players than those 2 (refering tho the Honakers)"

hes wondering why they get the publicity and you dont hear as much about Harmon and Jackson etc

I don t get all the HYPE about htem either I thought Harmon won the game for them but oters made great contributions as well

EASports12 Wrote:Harmon would probably be looked at as the best player Pikeville has, but the twins get looks because theyre incredible athletes who are hoping to go D-1 at OLB or SS, not skill offense.

NEVER gonna happen
Noexcuses Wrote:The honaker kid at qb is a tough kid but no D1 school would recruit him for QB.Maybe a DB.
Nobody ever said that any colleges were looking at him at QB. He is getting looked at for his defensive abilities.

truthful Wrote:I had the opportunity to watch this on tv that night with a gang of people that were not from either school and we all saw kicking from both players.
Just what I said about the game that Pikeville and Belfry played last year .
I don t get all the HYPE about htem either I thought Harmon won the game for them but oters made great contributions as well
NEVER gonna happen

Maybe it is just me but why does every word out of your mouth sound like a whiney four year old. I think you posts are hilarious. They give me great pleasure. You are kinda like my own personal court jester.
I'm not sure who said it but Yes, Pikeville needs to "stop the redneckin'"...It's pretty apparent that other teams have learned there are ways to get into the heads of Pikeville players and cause them to lose their cool.
Old Timer Wrote:I'm not sure who said it but Yes, Pikeville needs to "stop the redneckin'"...It's pretty apparent that other teams have learned there are ways to get into the heads of Pikeville players and cause them to lose their cool.

I tell you what brother, if Virgie didn't send atheletes to Pikeville they would be in trouble in all sports including GOLF!Smile
hootie Wrote:I tell you what brother, if Virgie didn't send atheletes to Pikeville they would be in trouble in all sports including GOLF!Smile
You know Virgie doesn't "send" athletes to Pikeville. If that was the case then they would all come. We just recruit the good ones and leave SV the rest!!

ps...thanks for Harmon and Bell, you can have your golfer (newsome) back anytime!!