Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10/16 Belfry @ Lawrence County
Haha I’m not mad at all, it’s all in good fun.
(10-11-2022, 11:02 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: Haha I’m not mad at all, it’s all in good fun.
Since it’s in Louisa I’m gonna go Belfry in a close one. Lol
That’s fair! Wouldn’t it be close at Belfry as well?
(10-12-2022, 09:00 AM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: That’s fair! Wouldn’t it be close at Belfry as well?
I’ll take Belfry in a close one at SoFi field in Los Angeles.
I’ll take Lawrence in a close one at StellaMoore Field
(10-12-2022, 08:58 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: I’ll take Lawrence in a close one at StellaMoore Field
Any streams for this game?
Doesn't matter if this one was played in Doug Vanhoose's back yard. The Tug Valley All Stars get home field advantage anywhere in the 15th. The officials aim to please.
(10-12-2022, 10:33 PM)Gabby Johnson Wrote: Doesn't matter if this one was played in Doug Vanhoose's back yard.  The Tug Valley All Stars get home field advantage anywhere in the 15th.  The officials aim to please.
You know….you can’t dance around a mud puddle without getting muddy.  I remember a few years ago when the Lawrence /Wayne Co All-Stars still couldn’t beat those “Tug Valley All-Stars from Belfry.    You remember that don’t ya?  Huh? Huh? If you wanna throw mud….you’re at the right place. But we can sling it as well.
(10-12-2022, 10:33 PM)Gabby Johnson Wrote: Doesn't matter if this one was played in Doug Vanhoose's back yard.  The Tug Valley All Stars get home field advantage anywhere in the 15th.  The officials aim to please.
Luckily this one is being played in the 16th region…….hahahahaha
I ain't throwing mud bro. Just stating the facts. I wish Fort Gay produced more talent.
Now we are getting fired up go get them outlaw
(10-10-2022, 08:32 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: I do believe this is Lawrence County's best opportunity to get over the Belfry hump and they better do it this year, because it ain't happening for the next 3 years.

I'll go out on a limb and take LC to win, 26-21.

Yep, if Lawrence County doesn't beat Belfry this year then it will be several more years and I don't say that as a shot at Lawrence County because they have a great history and seem to be back on the path to being a very good team.  However, this is the year if they are gonna do it and it's in Louisia and even though I picked Belfry 20-18, it wouldn't surme if either team wins by 2 TDs or so.

Belfry will just be loaded again after this year and especially 2024 and 2025, and who knows who will join them from WV too add to the talent already in place.

I can't believe Pikeville beat Belfry last month by 35 while also having to beat the officials in Pikeville, thanks for the info because that win is even more impressive than I realized at the time.
The talent that Lawrence has coming up will have something to say about those wins in the future. The underclassmen have been winners and the middle school team is loaded too just as Belfry has been the past couple of season so we will see how they pan out in high school.

As far as this one goes, we all know what both side brings to the table. It’s going to be a battle between two ball control offenses. Turnovers and field position will be huge as will limiting big plays in the run game and play action passes.
I hope the Bulldogs pull it out.
I'm a lawrence county native and will always support the bulldogs!! But I am also not biased when it comes to the truth!!
I'll tell ya how this is going to go.
I predict belfry will pull out another year of domination against lawrence county!! Not because 1 player, but because Belfry will dominate the line of scrimmage!! They have one of the best lines up front in the state!! And next year is just going to be even better!! Unless lc gets up a couple scores upfront they are going to be in the rathole of the trenches!!!
BELFRY 35-18
Just like they did last year?
LC has some athletes in Ferguson, Gillespie, Pollock, and Baisden. Ferguson in particular runs it about as well as anyone in the area.

However, they’re facing a Phillip Haywood coached team off of a bye and in October. I believe that it games like this, coaching experience makes a big difference. Look for him to lean on Dre Young and grind this one out.

Give me the GOAT and Belfry in a nail biter 21-14.
(10-13-2022, 01:22 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: Just like they did last year?

Yes just like last year when the first game ended up 42-13 leaned toward belfry.
And the second game was 21-14 also leaned toward belfry.. which lawrence county never jumped in the lead in either game!!!
(10-12-2022, 11:57 PM)Gabby Johnson Wrote: I ain't throwing mud bro.  Just stating the facts.  I wish Fort Gay produced more talent.
The only fact you have is your name and it fits you perfectly “Gabby”
Four things to watch for tomorrow:

1. Can LC establish their offensive game against what has been a somewhat porous Belfry Defense (especially against the pass).

2. Special teams play. A miscue in this department by either team, could really swing the momentum.

3. Has Belfry matured any? They have looked awful in road games this season. At times, they simply looked young, inexperienced and intimidated. Does that trend continue?

4. The Belfry offense/LC defense. LC has to know what’s coming. Everybody in the entire state knows. Can Belfry move the chains consistently?

Neither team has been terribly impressive to date. However….somebody is breaking away from the pack tomorrow night. Gonna be interesting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes OutlawJoseyWales's post:
  • Brutus
Will there be a live stream ?
Biggest regular season game at LC since??
I have seen Lawrence county and Belfry play.
Belfry by 2 touchdowns
It’s game day!
Live streams?
(10-14-2022, 10:29 AM)Belfry fan 75 Wrote: Live streams?
I could be wrong but, I think I saw somewhere that it'll be on NFHS Network. If so, I think you'll have to pay.
It will be on NFHS Network and that does require subscription. Audio will be on 96.5 as well.
Belfry should be favored due to having stouter schedule, tradition of dominance for this century, and they are the defending champ.
It’s a cliché, but being the best means beating Belfry. Not just tonight, but I’m the playoffs.
I’ll take the Pirates in a close one, but hoping the Dawgs win out.
(10-14-2022, 12:42 PM)Brutus Wrote: Belfry should be favored due to having stouter schedule, tradition of dominance for this century, and they are the defending champ.
It’s a cliché, but being the best means beating Belfry. Not just tonight, but I’m the playoffs.
I’ll take the Pirates in a close one, but hoping the Dawgs win out.
That all sounds good.  However, IMO…LC Is the favorite.   Seasoned team….at home….with a chip on their shoulder. Definitely agree that Belfry’s schedule has been much tougher….and that could play a role tonight if this game plays out tight.  I’m sure all of Lawrence Co is gonna turn out…   guessing this is the biggest game hosted by the Bulldogs in a long, long time.   Should be a good atmosphere and very entertaining to watch.   Unfortunately I’ll have to turn in to WXCC and The Belfry Radio Crew to follow along.  In Central KY tonight.
I believe 96.5 Coal Country will be broadcasting as well