Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Breathitt bobcats next coach
Hearing that taylor told them to shove it!!!!! Now they are stuck with a guy like winston Lee......
What type of Coach are they looking to get? Not like the Taylor guy had done anything more than Winston Lee. How much does the job pay? I’ve heard Hoskins and Holland both make 6 figures. There has to be people out there that needs a job that are VERY VERY QUALIFIED.
You are absolutely correct dukeboy!!!!!
The problem is its breathitt county
(04-22-2023, 01:38 PM)Waaaazoooooo Wrote: You are absolutely correct dukeboy!!!!!
The problem is its breathitt county
I assume it’s the same in all small counties
Disagree on this one, Lee had 5-7 players that played college basketball at the naia level. In his tenures. And 6-7 years at LCC. With only 1 20 win season. And multiple home schools plus single digit win seasons.
I think Taylor was a great choice. By far the hardest schedule in region last two years. And still won 20+ games. In his second season. With no college level players. Almost upset Perry. And spent 17yrs in college basketball at all levels.
Other than that not much difference lol

Rough loss for us, but I heard Letcher made the pot worth it for him to stay. Unsure on the numbers. Which is shocking in itself for them being a football school normally.

However I think Jon Bentley would be a great hire if he is interested. Idk if he is waiting on Hazard but Montgomery Co is a great place but they are in and out of coaches almost yearly in a rough region, he may be waiting his time for Hazard. Took Estill on a few great runs and was a great player at all levels.

Any word on the Ritchie kid? He enrolled yet? I bet Hoskins will be another one we chase lot of money can be given to him to leave.
??
Just watched Austin Sperry playing EBYL. I think in Georgia. He’s playing on u16 team. Why? Kid soon will be 18 years old. Not to mention there’s a u 17 EBYL that plays simultaneously.
Its also shocking that Matt Taylor appears to be staying at the same job for three straight years. If I am not mistaken and if that holds up, that will be the longest he's spent at any school for a consecutive period of time.
Very True Doc.
Appears he moved up levels and jobs every 2 years over the college days. Something must be tying him to LCC maybe cause he is from there or the extra money they gave him.

I still think Bentley would be the move or even Hoskins if he would leave PCC. If Sperry stays and Ritchie is added it won’t matter who it is we will be back on top again in the 14th.

Bellamy / Ritchie / Sperry / Hamilton / Terry
That’s a solid 5 to start anyone’s career in the 14th.
(04-22-2023, 09:34 PM)Bluegrassbredbobcat Wrote: Very True Doc.
Appears he moved up levels and jobs every 2 years over the college days. Something must be tying him to LCC maybe cause he is from there or the extra money they gave him.

I still think Bentley would be the move or even Hoskins if he would leave PCC. If Sperry stays and Ritchie is added it won’t matter who it is we will be back on top again in the 14th.

Your first 3 listed are “solid” but the last two combined for 52 points the entire last season.  Let’s be reasonable here…
(04-22-2023, 11:24 PM)BlackAndYellow Wrote:
(04-22-2023, 09:34 PM)Bluegrassbredbobcat Wrote: Very True Doc.

Your first 3 listed are “solid” but the last two combined for 52 points the entire last season.  Let’s be reasonable here…
I agree not a lot on the years prior. But they been behind some really good players. Played well in the time they got prolly better said. Either way I think whoever we get will have a nice starting point.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bluegrassbredbobcat's post:
  • BlackAndYellow
(04-22-2023, 08:47 PM)Beetlejuice Wrote: Just watched Austin Sperry playing EBYL.  I think in Georgia.  He’s playing on u16 team.  Why?  Kid soon will be 18 years old.  Not to mention there’s a u 17  EBYL that plays simultaneously.
16 beginning of school year and didn't turn 17 before Sept 1. Very easy to look up.
(04-23-2023, 03:12 AM)Slim one Wrote:
(04-22-2023, 08:47 PM)Beetlejuice Wrote: Just watched Austin Sperry playing EBYL.  I think in Georgia.  He’s playing on u16 team.  Why?  Kid soon will be 18 years old.  Not to mention there’s a u 17  EBYL that plays simultaneously.
16 beginning of school year and didn't turn 17 before Sept 1. Very easy to look up.
Don’t know about all that? Just know he’s a double hold back.  Should be graduating this year.  He’s portrayed as some kind of young up and coming high school phenom, when in reality he should have completed his hs career this past season. Instead he’s playing AAU in a lower division and doesn’t even start for that team. Also,  It’s obvious from watching that the league he plays in is for high school jv age range kids.
(04-23-2023, 05:35 AM)Beetlejuice Wrote:
Don’t know about all that? Just know he’s a double hold back.  Should be graduating this year.  He’s portrayed as some kind of young up and coming high school phenom, when in reality he should have completed his hs career this past season. Instead he’s playing AAU in a lower division and doesn’t even start for that team. Also,  It’s obvious from watching that the league he plays in is for high school jv age range kids.
Wow. None of that is true. Only held back for covid, not double. Graduate at young 17? Very few do. Nike Eybl lower division? It's actually the best of the best. It was obvious from you posting u16 instead of 16u in your first post that you are very unknowable and if you watched that game today and thought it was JV level you're not very smart either. So we'll mark you as a jealous hater and be done.
 That is pretty much how these circuits worth with age. The majority of these kids are hold backs and that is why sometimes you will see the top handful reclassify at the last minute to come out a year early if they are a top level recruit. I would be willing to bet almost everyone on that team is the same age as him or close. They have rules in place for a reason and he could not play if he was too old. Not sure about the starting thing, but I looked up the minutes and it looks like he is 5 or 6 in total minutes played and points scored so he must me dang close to a starter on that team.
Has Breathitt quit interviewing or going to interview the rest Monday?not looking good so far.
I was told yesterday that Jimmy Ritchie will be interviewed Monday. Any truth to this
(04-23-2023, 10:59 AM)Slim one Wrote:
Wow. None of that is true. Only held back for covid, not double. Graduate at young 17? Very few do. Nike Eybl lower division? It's actually the best of the best. It was obvious from you posting u16 instead of 16u in your first post that you are very unknowable and if you watched that game today and thought it was JV level you're not very smart either. So we'll mark you as a jealous hater and be done.
Yes he is a double hold back. Believe that. He held back in middle school and then took the Covid year hold back offered as a freshman.  He started first grade with my nephew and should be graduating with him this year. Facts.  He will be eligible as a senior but only by a few day. Facts
You be first one I scratch parkway .Are you doing interview
(04-23-2023, 08:11 PM)Beetlejuice Wrote:
(04-23-2023, 10:59 AM)Slim one Wrote:
Yes he is a double hold back. Believe that. He held back in middle school and then took the Covid year hold back offered as a freshman.  He started first grade with my nephew and should be graduating with him this year. Facts.  He will be eligible as a senior but only by a few day. Facts
Ha. Ok smart guy. Which grade in middle school did he repeat? Remember, just the facts
Not sure on which year, but the FACT is he did. Dj Wagner 17, birth year 2005, Shepard 17 birth year 2005, Edwards 17 birth year 2005, All three ‘23 graduates and Uk signees. Sperry 17 birth year 2005, a sophomore playing e16. When I say the lower level of EYBL I mean Shepard, Wagner, Edwards etc all play in the e17. The e16 league is for jv types, not “best of the best”, maybe for 16 under. When u see Edwards , Sheppard, etc playing AAU it’s e17 not jv e16 as a soon to be 18 year old
(04-23-2023, 09:46 PM)Beetlejuice Wrote: Not sure on which year, but the FACT is he did.  Dj Wagner 17, birth year 2005, Shepard 17 birth year 2005,  Edwards 17 birth year 2005,  All three ‘23 graduates and Uk signees.  Sperry 17 birth year 2005, a sophomore playing e16.  When I say the lower level of EYBL I mean Shepard, Wagner, Edwards etc all play in the e17.  The e16 league is for jv types, not “best of the best”,  maybe for 16 under.  When u see Edwards , Sheppard, etc playing AAU it’s e17 not jv e16 as a soon to be 18 year old
The reason you don't know is because he didn't hold back. 6th grade Jackson City 7th grade Hazard, 8th grade Breathitt. Your fact is not a fact I'm afraid. You should educate yourself on EYBL as well as other things before running off at the keyboard.
(04-23-2023, 09:46 PM)Beetlejuice Wrote: Not sure on which year, but the FACT is he did.  Dj Wagner 17, birth year 2005, Shepard 17 birth year 2005,  Edwards 17 birth year 2005,  All three ‘23 graduates and Uk signees.  Sperry 17 birth year 2005, a sophomore playing e16.  When I say the lower level of EYBL I mean Shepard, Wagner, Edwards etc all play in the e17.  The e16 league is for jv types, not “best of the best”,  maybe for 16 under.  When u see Edwards , Sheppard, etc playing AAU it’s e17 not jv e16 as a soon to be 18 year old
Just the fact that anyone makes it to EYBL whether it’s 16u or 17u or whatever you are saying is still an amazing accomplishment. Especially if you are good enough to get good quality minutes in those games.  Also it doesn’t matter if he turns 19 Aug 2nd of his senior year he is still eligible to play so why post anything negative towards a kid?
(04-23-2023, 10:19 PM)Slim one Wrote:
The reason you don't know is because he didn't hold back. 6th grade Jackson City 7th grade Hazard, 8th grade Breathitt. Your fact is not a fact I'm afraid. You should educate yourself on EYBL as well as other things before running off at the keyboard.
Plus Edwards is 19. Born 03. Pretty sure Reed is not 17 either. You make things up to try to put down a kid so I'm done.
He held back at some point during that time period.  Had three kids in the house today that started first grade with him and went all through elementary school with him in the same grade. They were laughing saying that he should be graduating with them this year but instead he’s a sophomore.  No big deal. Just proving a point, was called a liar. He is 17 very soon to be 18, born in 2005 just like most other graduates.  Deny all u want.  My guess is he held back at Jackson City but I don’t know that for sure.  What I do know for sure is his age and rightful graduating class
He did hold back twice!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waaaazoooooo's post:
  • Beetlejuice
(04-23-2023, 10:32 PM)Slim one Wrote:
Plus Edwards is 19. Born 03. Pretty sure Reed is not 17 either. You make things up to try to put down a kid so I'm done.

Thumbnail(s)

(04-23-2023, 10:35 PM)Beetlejuice Wrote:
He held back at some point during that time period.  Had three kids in the house today that started first grade with him and went all through elementary school with him in the same grade. They were laughing saying that he should be graduating with them this year but instead he’s a sophomore.  No big deal. Just proving a point, was called a liar. He is 17 very soon to be 18, born in 2005 just like most other graduates.  Deny all u want.  My guess is he held back at Jackson City but I don’t know that for sure.  What I do know for sure is his age and rightful graduating class
Well when you keep falsely saying a kid held back when he didn't in an effort to diminish his accomplishments and now you're "guessing " when it was? You're not proving anything except you're not big enough to admit you made a mistake. And if in fact your "3 kids" went through elementary school with him the how could he have held back there as you "guess"?
Crazy anyone would be so jealous of a high school basketball player to worry about their birth date and how many times they repeated a grade. As long as they don't turn 19 before Aug. 1 NOTHING ELSE MATTERS. Many parents I know plan very early to make sure they start school a little late so they will be 19 as seniors, or they stay back early in grade school if it looks like they are good players. It doesn't really matter if they start late or stay back as long as they don't turn 19 before Aug. 1.
(04-23-2023, 10:53 PM)HCS Wrote: Crazy anyone would be so jealous of a high school basketball player to worry about their birth date and how many times they repeated a grade. As long as they don't turn 19 before Aug. 1 NOTHING ELSE MATTERS. Many parents I know plan very early to make sure they start school a little late so they will be 19 as seniors, or they stay back early in grade school if it looks like they are good players. It doesn't really matter if they start late or stay back as long as they don't turn 19 before Aug. 1.
Actually,  its only highly prevalent to hold kids back in this part of the state.  for example East Ky middle schools do very well in state middle school tournaments yet very poorly on the high school level.  To holdback two years only hurts the child in my opinion.

(04-23-2023, 10:50 PM)Slim one Wrote:
(04-23-2023, 10:35 PM)Beetlejuice Wrote:
Well when you keep falsely saying a kid held back when he didn't in an effort to diminish his accomplishments and now you're "guessing " when it was? You're not proving anything except you're not big enough to admit you made a mistake. And if in fact your "3 kids" went through elementary school with him the how could he have held back there as you "guess"?
Honest to goodness , I could care less if he held back five years.  I only continue to prove this to you because u advised me I was making this up.