•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 79 Shelby Valley 70 -- 2 OT
Just wondering if anyone knows why Johnson Central's coachs was all cheering for Shelby Valley?????
PC_You_Know Wrote:I'm pretty sure it was a one point game when Jake went out(not sure which way), then Tyler Newsome came in and made some bad plays turning it over twice, and Valleys till took the game into a second OT, so like I said, I see the game would have went the other way.

well YOUR the only one! But that's fine, you can get on here and say whatever you want about why Valley lost, but at the end of the day the outcome is still the same....they lost. I've tried to give them as much respect as I can, but you keep coming and coming with comments so maybe you should start a thread with how Valley "should" have won this game.
SV was out coached. You have to put the blame on SV coach, he made the SV boys hold the ball for over 5 minutes of the two OT, when you had 4 Tigers with 4 fouls ready to foul out of the game. Every time SV tried to kill the clock they didn't even have a lead. Just dumb coaching, let the boys play and they win.
OMG Wrote:well YOUR the only one! But that's fine, you can get on here and say whatever you want about why Valley lost, but at the end of the day the outcome is still the same....they lost. I've tried to give them as much respect as I can, but you keep coming and coming with comments so maybe you should start a thread with how Valley "should" have won this game.

I gave one reason, why don't you keep this on topic and quit trying to get it closed. Man you really have a problem with Valley people.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I'm pretty sure it was a one point game when Jake went out(not sure which way), then Tyler Newsome came in and made some bad plays turning it over twice, and Valleys till took the game into a second OT, so like I said, I see the game would have went the other way.

Did he sprain his ankle? I saw them take him back to the locker room and thought that he was going to return. At the point of him getting hurt Valley was winning. Then Paintsville got fouled and they took him to the locker room to what I thought was going to be a quick tapping and re-entry but it never happened.

and I'm going to have to agree with you that I think that's what broke Valley's back tonight he is just such a great presence.
LoneStar Wrote:SV was out coached. You have to put the blame on SV coach, he made the SV boys hold the ball for over 5 minutes of the two OT, when you had 4 Tigers with 4 fouls ready to foul out of the game. Every time SV tried to kill the clock they didn't even have a lead. Just dumb coaching, let the boys play and they win.

I agree with you I think that had alot to do with how it ended up. Poor shooting at the end killed them as well.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I gave one reason, why don't you keep this on topic and quit trying to get it closed. Man you really have a problem with Valley people.

You might want to go back and read beacause I didn't start this. But like you said i'm stopping it before it does get closed.
congrats to Paintsville !!!
GOSH ! What a game !!!
So glad I was able to witness it.
One to remember ! That place was going crazy.

Great Season ~ Valley ! I was cheering for ya !
Good luck to both teams !!
5timechamp Wrote:I am one of the biggest SV homers there is so I say we act with the same class the players on the floor did tonight. Did anyone notice the teams shaking hands at the end. Valley missed some easy shots early and got rattled and found themselves down 20. They used their defense to claw back and actually take the lead. Grimm was a beast and it was fitting that he hit the shot to put it into OT. Valley was around 50 percent from the free throw line in regulation and that may have been the deciding factor.

Now nobody has said it so I will be the first. I witnessed possibly the biggest coaching blunder of my life tonight. Shelby Valley stood at half court and dribbled out I'm going to guess at least 6 of the 8 minutes of overtime with Painstville with four guys on the floor with four fouls. Booher took this advantage and threw it away. Even the biggest Tiger homer has to admit their only 6 deep but we didnt take advantage.

Great win for the Painstville Seniors and they have earned it. Finish off JC and represent well at Rupp.

I[COLOR="Blue"] agree with you on the coaching blunder. They just stood out top and dribbled for like you said at least 6 of the 8 minutes and I think they should have took it in and got some of the Tigers players that were in foul trouble outta there.
[/COLOR]
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Did he sprain his ankle? I saw them take him back to the locker room and thought that he was going to return. At the point of him getting hurt Valley was winning. Then Paintsville got fouled and they took him to the locker room to what I thought was going to be a quick tapping and re-entry but it never happened.

I was very close to him and it looked like some of the front of his shin was gashed open, I'm pretty sure he was at the hospital when the game ended.
Congrats to both teams. One **** of a game instead of getting on here and *****ing about something or refering to something that none of us as fans have control over, I would like to say that both teams seemed to act like adults and play a great game. I was glad to see alot , and I mean alot of JC fans there for Shelby Valley. I thought since Paintsville is in Johnson County that showed ALOT of class.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Agree 100%, no Paintsville fan will agree, but I swear it Landon gets away with way too much and is always talking to the refs.
You shouldn't swear....especially when you are wrong. Valley as a team was allowed to manhandle Paintsville and JD would just look at a valley player and get whistled. 3 fouls on Vanhoose and 3 on Murray were just horrible. Yes, Paintsville got away with fouls as well, but you can't say that Slone was protected and be correct in this game. The refs were a discrace for both.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I was very close to him and it looked like some of the front of his shin was gashed open, I'm pretty sure he was at the hospital when the game ended.
WoW hate to hear that hope everything is alright, its hard to see any kid go down with an injury in such a big and close game.
The Guru Wrote:You shouldn't swear....especially when you are wrong. Valley as a team was allowed to manhandle Paintsville and JD would just look at a valley player and get whistled. 3 fouls on Vanhoose and 3 on Murray were just horrible. Yes, Paintsville got away with fouls as well, but you can't say that Slone was protected and be correct in this game. The refs were a discrace for both.

To add to your post Guru Slone did have 4 fouls doesn't look protected to me Confusedhh:
The Guru Wrote:You shouldn't swear....especially when you are wrong. Valley as a team was allowed to manhandle Paintsville and JD would just look at a valley player and get whistled. 3 fouls on Vanhoose and 3 on Murray were just horrible. Yes, Paintsville got away with fouls as well, but you can't say that Slone was protected and be correct in this game. The refs were a discrace for both.

I agree with you and from what the radio was saying Landon got drilled a couple of times with no call. I can't remember an exact number, but for him to come down with close to 14 boards knowing he is going to get smashed everytime he goes up shows alot of his competitivness. He might not have had the best game, Grimm by far did, but he still made his presence known.

I respect what you say but when even the security guards are laughing because of the no calls on him, then you know something is up. Every single time something was called on or against him he was talking to the refs, I don't really think you can say that much to a ref, thought you got T'ed up after so much?
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:WoW hate to hear that hope everything is alright, its hard to see any kid go down with an injury in such a big and close game.
Jake came back to the bench during the second overtime.
The refs were bad at both ends. Everyone knew this was going to be a tough physical game and they shouldve had the best refs at this game.
The Guru Wrote:Jake came back to the bench during the second overtime.

Yeah, and held his shirt over his head and cried because of the pain he was in. Like I said, I'm pretty sure he went to the hospital.
colts12 Wrote:The refs were bad at both ends. Everyone knew this was going to be a tough physical game and they shouldve had the best refs at this game.

All that's needed to say.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I respect what you say but when even the security guards are laughing because of the no calls on him, then you know something is up. Every single time something was called on or against him he was talking to the refs, I don't really think you can say that much to a ref, thought you got T'ed up after so much?

theres nothin wrong with just talking to a ref. Hes just being smart.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I respect what you say but when even the security guards are laughing because of the no calls on him, then you know something is up. Every single time something was called on or against him he was talking to the refs, I don't really think you can say that much to a ref, thought you got T'ed up after so much?

looked to me that every time he talked to the refs he gave the a slap on the butt and was saying that was the right call sir. Slone is very respectful I never saw him once tonight argue a call hatefully. While many Valley players seemed to be outraged by some of the calls but I will not mention any names.
5timechamp Wrote:I am one of the biggest SV homers there is so I say we act with the same class the players on the floor did tonight. Did anyone notice the teams shaking hands at the end. Valley missed some easy shots early and got rattled and found themselves down 20. They used their defense to claw back and actually take the lead. Grimm was a beast and it was fitting that he hit the shot to put it into OT. Valley was around 50 percent from the free throw line in regulation and that may have been the deciding factor.

Now nobody has said it so I will be the first. I witnessed possibly the biggest coaching blunder of my life tonight. Shelby Valley stood at half court and dribbled out I'm going to guess at least 6 of the 8 minutes of overtime with Painstville with four guys on the floor with four fouls. Booher took this advantage and threw it away. Even the biggest Tiger homer has to admit their only 6 deep but we didnt take advantage.

Great win for the Painstville Seniors and they have earned it. Finish off JC and represent well at Rupp.
There were 2 gifts tonight: Paintsville letting Shelby Valley to come back and then Booher stalling.

Paintsville quit doing the things that got them the lead. They might have gotten a little complacent as well.

Shelby Valley took the lead late in the game by attacking. They knew Paintsville was in foul trouble and could take it to the hole. Then in the OT's they quit attacking. Dumb?????

A few notes: Valley really attacks the ball on defense. They were relentless.
Someone did a great job on Slone, but Valley must have forgotten about Grim.

I heard Bundy was a real good guard. He had a bunch of TO's tonight. He almost cost Paintsville.

How 'bout that block by Slone late in the game? he might not have scored much, but he still came up with some big plays and the radio said he had 18 rebounds.

Good luck to Paintsville and Johnson Central.
You are allowed to talk to refs. But where was Landon's protection when he made the pass and Varney hauled off and kicked slone in the gut sending him to the ground? ****....the refs didn't call anything.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Agree 100%, no Paintsville fan will agree, but I swear it Landon gets away with way too much and is always talking to the refs.

Why don't you just admit that the almighty SV Wildcats got beat by the better team tonight. I mean they should have killed us considering all the tough competition they played in NY. I saw a few of Valley's players talking to the refs tonight also. Do you hold some sort of personal grudge against Landon or something ?

He did not get babied. If he would have he would have scored atleast 30+ from all the foul shots he would have shot.
The Guru Wrote:Jake came back to the bench during the second overtime.
I know this lol I already stated that, and Booher asked him if he was ok and he shook his head no and sat beside the assistants for the remainder of the game.
Wow what a game!!! Great effort from great teams. Both teams showed great sportsmanship. Everything was great except a few unruley parents on the SV side. Thank god for the state police and their quick response to the issue. Thank you SV boys bball and staff I will remember this one for years.
villefan Wrote:Why don't you just admit that the almighty SV Wildcats got beat by the better team tonight. I mean they should have killed us considering all the tough competition they played in NY. I saw a few of Valley's players talking to the refs tonight also. Do you hold some sort of personal grudge against Landon or something ?

Nope, but I am tired of people saying he's D-1 material, he had 15 points, was blocked by a player 5 inches shorter than him, and couldn't guard Elisha well, even though people said Landon was the best player in the region. I was just expecting more out of him after all the hype, sorry for putting him on a high pedestal.
rosebud Wrote:There were 2 gifts tonight: Paintsville letting Shelby Valley to come back and then Booher stalling.

Paintsville quit doing the things that got them the lead. They might have gotten a little complacent as well.

Shelby Valley took the lead late in the game by attacking. They knew Paintsville was in foul trouble and could take it to the hole. Then in the OT's they quit attacking. Dumb?????

A few notes: Valley really attacks the ball on defense. They were relentless.
Someone did a great job on Slone, but Valley must have forgotten about Grim.

I heard Bundy was a real good guard. He had a bunch of TO's tonight. He almost cost Paintsville.

How 'bout that block by Slone late in the game? he might not have scored much, but he still came up with some big plays and the radio said he had 18 rebounds.

Good luck to Paintsville and Johnson Central.

Bundy also had several very nice assists as well. Besides, He ain't the only guard to have turnovers against valley.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next