Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Roe vs. Wade AND a Christian?
sherman14 Wrote:Yes we do. But, what determines when we recieve rights. Who should determine that?
In America it's the Supreme Court and they have already decided this case. Decades ago.

Let me ask you anti abortionists a few questions.

Why do you think we have legalized abortions now?
or
Why was Roe vs Wade brought before the high court?

What was the purpose of legalizing that practice?
sherman14 Wrote:Yes we do. But, what determines when we recieve rights. Who should determine that?

In a constitutional democracy, the answer is different than in a theological state.
jetpilot Wrote:It's already been explained to you that all law-breakers are not in jail.
Again, if you take a couple minutes to dig a little deeper than Dr. Tiller's web site (LOL) it's obvious to everyone except you and DW that Dr. Tiller performed late-term abortions for any (no) reason. I am done with you. You and DW are either mentally incapable or too lazy to do the least amount of research, not to mention you only hear what you want to hear.:flush:

Please post that information so we can be enlightened oh great one:worthy:
DevilsWin Wrote:Please post that information so we can be enlightened oh great one:worthy:

I'm sure he will.
jetpilot Wrote:It's already been explained to you that all law-breakers are not in jail.
Again, if you take a couple minutes to dig a little deeper than Dr. Tiller's web site (LOL) it's obvious to everyone except you and DW that Dr. Tiller performed late-term abortions for any (no) reason. I am done with you. You and DW are either mentally incapable or too lazy to do the least amount of research, not to mention you only hear what you want to hear.:flush:
"I would be offended if certain people liked me." Ben Johnson
I will concede that Dr. Tiller should have been prosecuted if he was breaking the law.
Kansas is a conservative state. Votes Republican like crazy. If Dr. Tiller was such a blatant violator of Kansas law in such a sensitive issue, why didn't some up and comer in the Grand ol' Party jump on it?
^^^^Where was Bob Dole when all this was going on?????

That's his backyard!

Maybe the GOP was "On The Take" in Kansas???????
thecavemaster Wrote:Kansas is a conservative state. Votes Republican like crazy. If Dr. Tiller was such a blatant violator of Kansas law in such a sensitive issue, why didn't some up and comer in the Grand ol' Party jump on it?
You forgot to bold dude.Confusedhh:
Devils Win Wrote:I respectfully disagree.

If he wanted him dead why didn't he do it with his bare hands? COWARD!

First I wanna say, I am against murder, whether it's abortion, or the one committing the abortion... How can you say that driving a instrument, into the skull of a defenseless and innocent child, is less cowardly than killing a grown man, that knew right from wrong.. ( THEIR BOTH WRONG IN MY EYES) If when one of my kids were born, I would have choked the very life out of that child,just so I wouldn't have to raise it, would that have been a cowardly, act in your eyes???????
thecavemaster Wrote:Kansas is a conservative state. Votes Republican like crazy. If Dr. Tiller was such a blatant violator of Kansas law in such a sensitive issue, why didn't some up and comer in the Grand ol' Party jump on it?

6 of the 9 original Justices on the SCOTUS that brought about the ruling of R vs. W were Republican. 7 of the 9 present Justices were appointed by Republicans. The GOP doesn't want rid of R vs.W anymore than Democrats. They know if R vs.W is overturned, another Republican will never sit in the "Big Chair". The GOP needs abortion legal so as to have something to run on.
TheRealVille Wrote:6 of the 9 original Justices on the SCOTUS that brought about the ruling of R vs. W were Republican. 7 of the 9 present Justices were appointed by Republicans. The GOP doesn't want rid of R vs.W anymore than Democrats. They know if R vs.W is overturned, another Republican will never sit in the "Big Chair". The GOP needs abortion legal so as to have something to run on.

You are right,the GOP cant and dont, want rid of R. vs W. as sad as that is!!!!!!!!
lil dog Wrote:You are right,the GOP cant and dont, want rid of R. vs W. as sad as that is!!!!!!!!
For the last 24 years, I've wasted my Presidential vote on Republicans just because of this very issue. Never again.
TheRealVille Wrote:For the last 24 years, I've wasted my Presidential vote on Republicans just because of this very issue. Never again.

So you think you will have better luck with the Dems on abortion?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
TheRealVille Wrote:6 of the 9 original Justices on the SCOTUS that brought about the ruling of R vs. W were Republican. 7 of the 9 present Justices were appointed by Republicans. The GOP doesn't want rid of R vs.W anymore than Democrats. They know if R vs.W is overturned, another Republican will never sit in the "Big Chair". The GOP needs abortion legal so as to have something to run on.

Complete and utter bull crap.
jetpilot Wrote:Complete and utter bull crap.
It's facts, 100%. Research it.
jetpilot Wrote:So you think you will have better luck with the Dems on abortion?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No. I just realize that there are other issues to face since R vs. W isn't going to change.
TheRealVille Wrote:No. I just realize that there are other issues to face since R vs. W isn't going to change.

Like what?
TheRealVille Wrote:For the last 24 years, I've wasted my Presidential vote on Republicans just because of this very issue. Never again.

YEAH, know what you mean, me too!!!!
jetpilot Wrote:Complete and utter bull crap.
I told you wrong. 5 republicans 4 democrats on the original 1973 decision.

Burger - R
Douglas - D
Brennan - D
Stewart - R
White - D
Marshall - D
Blackmun - R
Powell -- R
Rehnquist - R

7 of the 9 current were appointed by Republicans.

FACT
jetpilot Wrote:Like what?
Just a recent one in that the republicans have ran this country to h**l in the last 8 years.
TheRealVille Wrote:I told you wrong. 5 republicans 4 democrats on the original 1973 decision.

Burger - R
Douglas - D
Brennan - D
Stewart - R
White - D
Marshall - D
Blackmun - R
Powell -- R
Rehnquist - R

7 of the 9 current were appointed by Republicans.

FACT

So?
jetpilot Wrote:So?
So, don't think the R's are really against abortion. It is a political ploy of their's that they can't afford to lose. Hence, R vs. W will never be overturned. Republicans weren't against it in the beginning and aren't against it now, considering the liberal slant to the court has never changed, and Republicans have appointed 7 of the current 9 Justices and the Court has leaned Republican since the beginning of the case in 1973.

Edit : Had Liberal where I meant to put Republican in the last sentence.
TheRealVille Wrote:Just a recent one in that the republicans have ran this country to h**l in the last 8 years.

Lame, lame, more lame. Can't get any more lame. Blaming Republicans for the current mess is insane. Same crybabies that were blaming George Bush for the price of oil are pretty silent now. I thought the Democrats were going to reduce the price of gas?Confusedhh:

You come across as being a partisan hack and completely void of any decent ideas when you place all the blame on one party. Even the most completely ignorant are starting to figure that out. Instead of whining and crying and blaming everything on the Republicans, why don't you clue us in on anything the Dems have done that is working.

L.A.M.E.:zzz:

lil dog Wrote:YEAH, know what you mean, me too!!!!

Let me verify what I was talking about, I sometimes feel like my vote, has been wasted, because the ones that we (I) vote for, continue to let the same ole crap go on...I AM A REPUBLICAN, AND ALWAYS WILL BE!!!!!!!!
TheRealVille Wrote:So, don't think the R's are really against abortion. It is a political ploy of their's that they can't afford to lose. Hence, R vs. W will never be overturned. Republicans weren't against it in the beginning and aren't against it now, considering the liberal slant to the court has never changed, and Republicans have appointed 7 of the current 9 Justices and the Court has leaned liberal since the beginning of the case in 1973.

Only the worst of partisan hacks can use the issue of abortion against Republicans. Are they where they should be? Not yet. Are they light years ahead of Democrats? Absolutely.
jetpilot Wrote:Lame, lame, more lame. Can't get any more lame. Blaming Republicans for the current mess is insane. Same crybabies that were blaming George Bush for the price of oil are pretty silent now. I thought the Democrats were going to reduce the price of gas?Confusedhh:

You come across as being a partisan hack and completely void of any decent ideas when you place all the blame on one party. Even the most completely ignorant are starting to figure that out. Instead of whining and crying and blaming everything on the Republicans, why don't you clue us in on anything the Dems have done that is working.

L.A.M.E.:zzz:

We are talking about abortion, don't try to change it now. I just gave an opinion of why I don't vote Republican just because of the abortion issue. They have used this issue to gain office for years and people are finally getting wise.
TheRealVille Wrote:We are talking about abortion, don't try to change it now. I just gave an opinion of why I don't vote Republican just because of the abortion issue. They have used this issue to gain office for years and people are finally getting wise.

People are getting wise and switching to the Dem position on abortion?
Are you serious?:thatsfunn:thatsfunn:thatsfunn
jetpilot Wrote:People are getting wise and switching to the Dem position on abortion?
Are you serious?:thatsfunn:thatsfunn:thatsfunn
No, people are becoming more than one issue voters because neither party is going to do away with Roe. Twist words all you want, you know I'm telling it like it really is. Neither party wants it gone, therefore I will vote for the party that is for the middle class working man from now on. I don't vote based on the abortion issue at all anymore. That is what I was talking about people getting wise, they are learning to not vote for a party because of abortion, because neither are going to do anything.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:This Country was founded on Christian principles, was it not?
Enlightenment Principals.