Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best President Ever?
Lincoln, Jackson, and Johnson. Lincoln held the country together when most couldn't. Jackson helped to expand the country and Johnson signed the most progressive civil liberities bills in US history.
Ronald Reagan in my honest opinion. Great man in every way.
1.Ronald Reagan
BaseballIsLife Wrote:Ronald Reagan in my honest opinion. Great man in every way.

Walkman39 Wrote:1.Ronald Reagan

Reasons why?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lincoln is the most iconic.
Washington is the father.
JFK was martered (he really didn't get to prove all he might have accomplished).

I am definitely gonna say Lincoln was #1. However, lets not forget the guy who served four terms and saw us through the great depression: Franklin Delenore Roosevelt!
FDR and Lincoln are a tie for me
IM Going To Go With George Washington, Smile HE Was Pretty Significant In History
FDR was the best.

Reagan wasn't that good, he's screwed us over more than anything.
alfus21 Wrote:Reasons why?

I was looking back over this thread and wondering the same thing, why would he be mentioned anywhere's near the top 5? Reagan was par at best, he gets a lot of credit for things he didn't do and the bad(which is a lot) is left out.
RF81 Wrote:I was looking back over this thread and wondering the same thing, why would he be mentioned anywhere's near the top 5? Reagan was par at best, he gets a lot of credit for things he didn't do and the bad(which is a lot) is left out.

You mean like Clinton???

Why do all my Liberal friends not fess up to the mess that we are in now as a direct result of the Liberal agenda of "being fair to everyone" act, and it being the Clinton administration (with his big fat sticky fingers) on the "Fair Lending Act" that he signed that forced the banks to give loans to customers who were in no position to pay the loans back. Well, he we sit and your new President is gushing dollars to in an attempt to band-aid the disaster that Clinton's people wrote and passed that has brought this nation virtually to it's knees..... Yet, I have posted this over and over on this site and not a single Leftwinger wants to debate this.
There wouldn't have been anything like that if Reagan hadn't deregulated with his great Reaganomics. I don't put Clinton up there with the greats either, but Reagan was borderline awful. The turn-around in the economy was not because of his policies, Carter had more to do with it than he ever did. Reagan screwed us over in several areas, majorly, but is a great?
Clinton, Reagan, FDR...all were good.
Obama increrased Veterans Benefits last week!

So there's 1 thing he's done that was good.
^ Yeah, one whole thing. This early too! I can't believe it! Rolleyes
george bush
FDR best. If you are in my trade, the worst was Regan. In fact, all Republican presidents try to pass legislation to kill my trade.
George Washington. He could have very easily became the King of America, rather than the president. Only serving 2 terms was his idea. The people would have happily let him rule for as long as he wished, but he feared tyrannical rule. Thus, giving us the limited time limit for presidents we have today.

History may remember him as a Whig, but in reality he refused to declare himself this party or that. He saw the downfall in the party system. If only we had listened..
outdoorsman43 Wrote:^ Yeah, one whole thing. This early too! I can't believe it! Rolleyes
He also passed the largest expansion of gun rights of any Democrat in history by signing the bill which allowed gun owners to possess a firearm inside National Parks.

But you wouldn't know or care anything about that being an "Outdoorsman" and all. Heck you've probably been breaking the law for years anyway.
DevilsWin Wrote:He also passed the largest expansion of gun rights of any Democrat in history by signing the bill which allowed gun owners to possess a firearm inside National Parks.

But you wouldn't know or care anything about that being an "Outdoorsman" and all. Heck you've probably been breaking the law for years anyway.

Wow, there is two great things our leader has done. Let's talk about that economy once again, heck I think Obama has already got it back on track. He didn't even need a full year to do that, did he DW? :biggrin:
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Wow, there is two great things our leader has done. Let's talk about that economy once again, heck I think Obama has already got it back on track. He didn't even need a full year to do that, did he DW? :biggrin:
I believe the DOW , S&P and Nasdaq are all up from where they were 5-6 months ago.

Unemployment is up and home foreclosures are up but fixing all these things take time and will improve.

BTW how many deer did you poach this year?TongueirateSho
DevilsWin Wrote:I believe the DOW , S&P and Nasdaq are all up from where they were 5-6 months ago.

Unemployment is up and home foreclosures are up but fixing all these things take time and will improve.

BTW how many deer did you poach this year?TongueirateSho

How's the ole cash crop doing this year, DW? I'd say the economy is looking up for you, since it's purt near harvest time. Righteous words dude.:rockon:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:How's the ole cash crop doing this year, DW? I'd say the economy is looking up for you, since it's purt near harvest time. Righteous words dude.:rockon:
Where do you get this stuff? LOL Cash Crop? lol Well lets see, I grew some tomatoes, cucumbers and 4 Pepper plants in my little 4 x 8 ft backyard garden in the middle of Flatwoods.

So far this year I've probably given away about 20 tomatoes and kept about 30. I have some different varieties too. For instance, Japanese Black Truffle, Old German Stripers, Striped Romas, Mortgage Lifters, Brandywines, Stupicas and Eva Purple Balls. All from Heirloom seeds. The Japanese Blacks can be traced back for over 200 years. My cucumbers are regular not burpless and my pepper plants were supposed to be Yellow Sweet but look like Green Bell Peppers. In fact all my neighbors garden and we all share our produce.

If we liked you. We might even share with you, but we don't. So, we won't. :biggrin:
[quote=DevilsWin]Where do you get this stuff? LOL Cash Crop? lol Well lets see, I grew some tomatoes, cucumbers and 4 Pepper plants in my little 4 x 8 ft backyard garden in the middle of Flatwoods.

So far this year I've probably given away about 20 tomatoes and kept about 30. I have some different varieties too. For instance, Japanese Black Truffle, Old German Stripers, Striped Romas, Mortgage Lifters, Brandywines, Stupicas and Eva Purple Balls. All from Heirloom seeds. The Japanese Blacks can be traced back for over 200 years. My cucumbers are regular not burpless and my pepper plants were supposed to be Yellow Sweet but look like Green Bell Peppers. In fact all my neighbors garden and we all share our produce.

Quote:If we liked you. We might even share with you, but we don't. So, we won't. :biggrin:[/
Gee, now I'm crushed.

Yeah, I didn't think you'd own up to the other stuff.:lmao:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Yeah, I didn't think you'd own up to the other stuff.:lmao:
Kimball, do you know for a fact that DW grows marijuana? If not, you are out of line.
Yeah, I would say he's gotten about 700 "Hey man, you holdin?" private messages by now, lol..
TheRealVille Wrote:Kimball, do you know for a fact that DW grows marijuana? If not, you are out of line.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mr.Kimball Wrote:[quote=DevilsWin]Where do you get this stuff? LOL Cash Crop? lol Well lets see, I grew some tomatoes, cucumbers and 4 Pepper plants in my little 4 x 8 ft backyard garden in the middle of Flatwoods.

Gee, now I'm crushed.

Yeah, I didn't think you'd own up to the other stuff.:lmao:

You're an idiot. Go eat another Little Debbie!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Yeah, I would say he's gotten about 700 "Hey man, you holdin?" private messages by now, lol..
All from Kimball! LOL
I just live about 8 houses down from Midee1. Ask him if its possible to grow pot in our neighborhood. Especially my yard. Which is the kids shortcut for 3 different neighborhoods.
lol
TheRealVille Wrote:Kimball, do you know for a fact that DW grows marijuana? If not, you are out of line.
If he'd lay off the Jim Beam maybe he could make some sense.
DevilsWin Wrote:All from Kimball! LOL
I just live about 8 houses down from Midee1. Ask him if its possible to grow pot in our neighborhood. Especially my yard. Which is the kids shortcut for 3 different neighborhoods.
Kimball is out of line then, he is spreading lies. Respect just went way down for Kimball.