Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mine Operators not restorng mountains, OSM reports!
My solution is simple. If all the tree huggers and their like would simply stop using electricity, driving ANY type of car, grow their own food.......or just die off........the they would erase their carbon footprint and the toxic carbon dioxide they spew from their bodies would be gone.

Any takers?

I figure thats 10% of the pop. so that would be 600 million people right? Thats a large carbon footprint.
Oh and your fearless leaders house has a larger carbon footprint than Bush's.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/house.asp
TheRealVille Wrote:Like I have said before, quit whining about the government and go to the jobs are. Your wife can watch after the kids and sleep by herself during the week. I have traveled quite a bit in the last 20 years when work slowed up around here. I go where I have to to feed my family. I don't depend on the government to provide for my family, I go get it.

In principal I know what you are saying, but take the time to think about this. What about those guys that are in say their late 50's or perhaps their very early 60's and dont know how to do anything else? Who is going to give a guy like that a chance? Who is going to take the time to retrain a guy lat that age and then hire them? When you get to that age your options really dwindle to almost little and none for a well paying job that you are not trained in and may not have an extensive educated background in. Your fortunate that you are perhaps young enough to do something like what you say you do, and have training in a field that allows you to do just that. Not everybody is in the same situation as you may be. I dont think everybody expects the government to hand something over to them, but I think that most expect the government to exercise a little common sense in what they mandate.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Yeah, I think I'll take the wife and kids and cruise down the new Atlantic Coast Highway (aka Rt#292) in the woody and catch a wave or two myself.

Hang 10 Dude!!!!:biggrin:

Hey, BTW, dont you wish they could all be Nawgeetuck girls??TongueirateSho
Lol, Nah i Got a Nice girl But Noone Would Be Complaining, Rt 292 Smile

Old School Wrote:Let me guess......you've been watching [COLOR="black"][COLOR="Red"]Al Gore[/COLOR][/COLOR] again haven't you! :biggrin:

It's amazing how you can say we use fear mongering tactics, when in the same paragraph you say we have a "pretty delicate time line" and "the planet can't host life". :eyeroll:

No Actually Its Amazing How You Can Be President One Second Then The Next Your Not Confusedhh:
Wildcatk23 Wrote:No Actually Its Amazing How You Can Be President One Second Then The Next Your Not Confusedhh:

If you are referring to George W. Bush, I think 8 years is longer than one second. :biggrin:
outdoorsman43 Wrote:If you are referring to George W. Bush, I think 8 years is longer than one second. :biggrin:

Actually i was meaning Al Gore

3/12/01 - CNN reports that the confusing butterfly ballot used in Florida's Palm Beach County cost Gore 6,607 votes. This means that Gore actually beat Bush in Florida by 6,070 votes. Thus Gore won BOTH the popular vote and, by rights, the Electoral College vote. It is time for Mr. Bush to step down and for the rightfully elected President Gore to take office:biggrin:

theres A movie on it, try watching it sometime

And if your insisting thAT BUSH BEING PRESIDENT WAS A GOOD THING THEN I RECOMMEND YOU TO THE NEAREST HOSPITAL
Wildcatk23 Wrote:And if your insisting thAT BUSH BEING PRESIDENT WAS A GOOD THING THEN I RECOMMEND YOU TO THE NEAREST HOSPITAL

Maybe not a good president, but I would take him over a couple including our very own current one.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Maybe not a good president, but I would take him over a couple including our very own current one.

the only president i would take him over would be his dad Smile
Mr.Kimball Wrote:In principal I know what you are saying, but take the time to think about this. What about those guys that are in say their late 50's or perhaps their very early 60's and dont know how to do anything else? Who is going to give a guy like that a chance? Who is going to take the time to retrain a guy lat that age and then hire them? When you get to that age your options really dwindle to almost little and none for a well paying job that you are not trained in and may not have an extensive educated background in. Your fortunate that you are perhaps young enough to do something like what you say you do, and have training in a field that allows you to do just that. Not everybody is in the same situation as you may be. I dont think everybody expects the government to hand something over to them, but I think that most expect the government to exercise a little common sense in what they mandate.
I agree with you here. I know it might be a little hard to find a job or re-train, but if the government leaves you no option, what else can you do? Some people have their standard of living so high they can't afford to take a lower paying job without suffering. If this is the case they need to downsize. I am not really that young, I am 44. I plan on retiring in 11 years. I save for it though. If they are in their early 60's, they should have been planning for retirement about this time for several years earlier, while times were good. Yes, I have been fortunate to be in a flexible field, but if I have to downsize, I'm not married to any of my possessions. You know as well as me that the biggest percentage of workers live from check to check with no savings, and actually spend more than they make. I spend wisely and save wisely during the good times and when times get bad, am set pretty good. I took off 6 months this year(2 of end of last year and 4 this year) just because I had saved good and wanted to spend more time with my family. Right now I travel to another state to work because it's slow here in my field. I do what I have to. The first four years of Bush weren't so good for my trade, but I adapted and spent less. I feel for the coal business, it's helps me when it's up. When it's down, I go a different route. But, coal is on the way out, hopefully slowly, and we need to start adapting now, or it will hit us just as hard later. The coal companies are laying off all because of the EPA, though. The price of coal is down and part of the idle is because of that, the companies aren't trying to sell as much when it's cheap. If Kentucky would do what Alabama did 20 years ago, it might help us. All coal mined in Alabama, stays in that state. They don't sell out of state, or at least they didn't back then.
First off to TheRealville....I'm not whinning, and any respect I had in reading your posts just went out the window with that ******** comment. You seem to know all the answers, but yet you're only spewing the same retoric that's coming out of Washington. You call yourself a Yellow Dog Democrate......I doubt that. I believe you were born a Democrate, and have always been a Democrate, and that my friend is your Godgiven right as an American, and that has to be respected by me and others even though I TOTALLY disagree when you politic stance.

I'm stating a fact......I have 60 to 90 days left and then I'm out of work. The one family I'm worry about is mine......I'm 53 years old and it's going to be a little difficult to find a job in a new field.....Go get re-trained you say......what's that take, 2 years...now I'm 55......who hires 55 year old people, when there are hundreds of thousands of unemployed 30 year olds.

You say I should have planned for retirement.....I have.....and I'm in a situation where I can sit back and rock and live off the goverment's unemplyment checks......and never have to touch my own funds. But why should I be forced to do that when I have several good years ahead of me in my field? I have the skills and knowledge to form my own company, which I have, and will travel to make it successful. I will be able to make a living for my family, and for your information..........I travel over 60K miles each year in my work, so I haven't sat at home on my ***, I have worked hard to earn the living I've made.

The current situation we face doesn't have a one solution or one answer that will solve all the problems. The thing that concerns me is what will the young families in our area do. How will they be able to handle the problems they face. Will they be forced to leave the area to find work? This is America my friends.....land of the free and home of the brave. We're tough, we'll get through this if we ALL work together. Our Government has to be a representatives of US, not them. It's time that the middle-class to stand up and be heard. It's time for us to be Americans not Republicans or Democrates. It's time to be proud.

These are our jobs were losing while they (our government representatives) sit on their royal duffs and will live off our taxes for the rest of their lives.....make them earn it by being representatives of THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE and FOR THE PEOPLE.

Now I'm starting to sound like Earl Pitts!
Youngerthandirt Wrote:. You call yourself a Yellow Dog Democrate......I doubt that. I believe you were born a Democrate, and have always been a Democrate, and that my friend is your Godgiven right as an American, and that has to be respected by me and others even though I TOTALLY disagree when you politic stance.

You don't seem to know what a yellow dog democrat is. A yellow dog democrat is one that would rather vote for a yellow dog, than a republican. I didn't used to be, I've voted for more republican Presidents than my own party, I actually said I'm close to being a yellow dog democrat these days. Meaning I will probably vote my party as of now, after Bush got my vote twice, and look where he took us.

Quote:Commencing in the late 19th century, the term Yellow Dog Democrats was applied to U.S. Southern voters who voted solely for Democratic candidates because Abraham Lincoln was the Republican president who led the Union against the Confederacy, and so implies that they would "vote for a yellow dog before they would vote for any Republican". Currently, the term is now more generally applied to refer to any Democrat who will vote a straight Party ticket under any circumstances.
Wikipedia
Another reason coal is not moving is because of the steel mills. Coal is needed to make steel, or coke. I was in Vegas recently and there are projects popped up everywhere that are makings of shells of buildings with beams and then they have stopped and there is nobody or no equipment in sight. Because of the economy they don't have the money to continue the products, so the demand for steel has dropped considerably, therefore coal for steel with it also.
You can all thank Oprah Winfrey for Obama's election to the White House. He was headed nowhere until she started campaigning for him in Iowa, New Hampshire and then the most dire turn in South Carolina, when the Clintons would have run home free.
Another thing you guys had better be worrying about is Soutamayer (sp) if she is elected to the Supreme Court, she is against guns, she doesn't interpert the constitiution that says you have a right to bear arms to mean that as an individual instead of an army. The judge she is replacing dissented in his vote, or otherwise I believe he was not objectionable to people owning guns, we know Obama is. Here is the link to questionaire that she had to fill out.
http://documents.nytimes.com/sotomayor-s...nnaire#p=1
mrsportsfan Wrote:Another thing you guys had better be worrying about is Soutamayer (sp) if she is elected to the Supreme Court, she is against guns, she doesn't interpert the constitiution that says you have a right to bear arms to mean that as an individual instead of an army. The judge she is replacing dissented in his vote, or otherwise I believe he was not objectionable to people owning guns, we know Obama is. Here is the link to questionaire that she had to fill out.
http://documents.nytimes.com/sotomayor-s...nnaire#p=1
Too late. BTW, that document has 5000 pages, where is her opinion on guns located?

Quote:WASHINGTON – Sonia Sotomayor won confirmation Thursday as the nation's first Hispanic Supreme Court justice, a history-making Senate vote that capped a summer-long debate heavy with ethnic politics and hints of high court fights to come.

The third woman in court history, she'll be sworn in Saturday as the 111th justice and the first nominated by a Democrat in 15 years.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090807/ap_o...yor_senate
TheRealVille Wrote:Too late. BTW, that document has 5000 pages, where is her opinion on guns located?

The Gun Scare Tactic Huh? Hasn't That Been a Republican Slogan For A Few Years Now? Dont Vote For Kerry!! HE WILL TAKE YOUR GUNS,
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Are not a natural species? They once roamed all over Kentucky, just as buffalo did. I can remember the first time I ever saw a deer here in eastern Kentucky, and can remember when the DOW first brought deer into Johnson Co. I can also remember when they brought turkey into this area. All were at one time all native and natural species that lived everywhere in our area , but vanished many years ago. You dont have the first clue as to what you are rambling on about.

How many trees have you gone out and planted yourself? The National Arbor Foundation gives them away. You can also get trees from the state or the U.S. Forestry Department. How much time and effort do you put into making your own habitat and community better? Are you one of those guys that are too good to get your own hands dirty? Are you just one of those people that likes to gripe and complain about what every body else does but does nothing themselves to help themselves? If your wanting to see trees everywhere grab a few and go to work, my hypocritical friend.Spend less time on the computer and make a difference.

The species that is here now is not a natural species to this area. Thats the point I was making.

Rocky Mountain (C. canadensis nelsoni) the species here now is more adapted to open plains.

Eastern elk (Cervus canadensis canadiensis) was the species that made its home in the eastern US and Canada. They where more adapted to dense forest than the rocky mountain sub-species.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Are not a natural species? They once roamed all over Kentucky, just as buffalo did. I can remember the first time I ever saw a deer here in eastern Kentucky, and can remember when the DOW first brought deer into Johnson Co. I can also remember when they brought turkey into this area. All were at one time all native and natural species that lived everywhere in our area , but vanished many years ago. You dont have the first clue as to what you are rambling on about.

How many trees have you gone out and planted yourself? The National Arbor Foundation gives them away. You can also get trees from the state or the U.S. Forestry Department. How much time and effort do you put into making your own habitat and community better? Are you one of those guys that are too good to get your own hands dirty? Are you just one of those people that likes to gripe and complain about what every body else does but does nothing themselves to help themselves? If your wanting to see trees everywhere grab a few and go to work, my hypocritical friend.Spend less time on the computer and make a difference.

The species that is here now is not a natural species to this area. Thats the point I was making.

Rocky Mountain (C. canadensis nelsoni) the species here now is more adapted to open plains.

Eastern elk (Cervus canadensis canadiensis) was the species that made its home in the eastern US and Canada. They where more adapted to dense forest than the rocky mountain sub-species. The last one was killed off in the late 1800's.

I know exactly what I'm talking about.

I do take time to help the environment, Im a member of the environmental club at ALC, and ive donated tons of my time to different groups who help plant tree's, clean up litter, and other projects.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:The species that is here now is not a natural species to this area. Thats the point I was making.

Eastern elk (Cervus canadensis canadiensis) was the species that made its home in the eastern US and Canada. They where more adapted to dense forest than the rocky mountain sub-species. The last one was killed off in the late 1800's.

I know exactly what I'm talking about.

I do take time to help the environment, Im a member of the environmental club at ALC, and ive donated tons of my time to different groups who help plant tree's, clean up litter, and other projects.
And the difference any of that makes is what? Elk were still reintroduced. That's pretty knitpicky aint it? Oh yeah I forgot, according to you, those were just a bunch of rich guys trying to make themselves look good bringing them back to the area anyways.