Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
17.65%
Bell County
82.35%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co @ Johnson Central 9/4
Bell will have to show-up and play 4 FULL QUARTERS!!! Something they have not done yet. I look foward to it, have been since last year. When the scrimage was blown out of wack. Good thing about it this game ACTUALLY COUNTS.
Their will be no appealing of the ejected players. From what I was told. Also KHSAA is assigning someone to be in attendance for this game checking on the suspended players. It is not as easy as it used to be to "sneak" suspended players on the field with different names.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Their will be no appealing of the ejected players. From what I was told. Also KHSAA is assigning someone to be in attendance for this game checking on the suspended players. It is not as easy as it used to be to "sneak" suspended players on the field with different names.

We'll have one setting out as well. And, he will be very hard to replace.
Hopefully the Maturation of the Cats will continue this week. If not they will get beat. JC will lay down for nobody. Some of Bell's big guns will have to play better and consistent. Seemed they lost intrest and did not play hard at Marion. [I]Over the past you could count on 1 thing from Bell Co. and that was they would play HARD. Not sure if you can say that about the 09 version yet???[/I]

I look for this to be an entertaining game but Bell will win if they play to their potential.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Their will be no appealing of the ejected players. From what I was told. Also KHSAA is assigning someone to be in attendance for this game checking on the suspended players. It is not as easy as it used to be to "sneak" suspended players on the field with different names.

I hope your not suggesting the people at JC would try to sneak suspended players on the field are you?
IMO Bell Co played GREAT until the 4th when they had a let down on Defense. Ben Madon was alot more poised at QB with some BIG TIME passes to Keith Lowe, Cody Davenport, and Matt Raines. He has a great arm.

Considering how many players was back on a 9-3 Marion Co team from last year, Bell played good. Bell has new players in new positions and still learning there role. You guys stress out to much. Dudley just ran a few plays Saturday. Dudley is not stupid to show everything with Matney being there watching.
Who all got ejected from JC on Friday night?
So JC has 4 starters out for ejections and 1 with a injury? Which would be 5 starters?
Bell pulls away in the first half and wins by a good margin 48-8
Bell Co. gets on the winning track
Bell-28
JC-8
Hilton did not know Matney was in attendance until afterward.

JC will have the injured player back. #10 HB.
Thats why Jan Hilton and everyone beside him knew he was there. Dudley knew he was there, the players even knew before the game.
So who all will be in attendance for this game from Bell Co. I will for sure be there dont ever miss a Bell Co game!!!
I watched the game and can tell you we were gassed in the 4th. I still haven't been sold on using JD as the extra point kicker. He does enough already. Surely we have someone up there that can kick. He really had a good game, and doesn't get enough credit. As someone else said I thought Ben Madon had a good game throwing the football. We had some spectacular catches as well. I don't know about not using much of the playbook. I don't think we have that big of one anyway. I know we are going to have to tackle better, and get tough up front if we are going to repeat. We didn't blow them off the ball much. With that being said, they had a very big experienced line. Good luck Bobcats.
I would expect a big crowd from Bell. JC is a great atmosphere and will be fun game.
Bell County 26

Johnson Central 13
Matney is a number changer. He likes to change kids number to make people think something else. Kinda silly...but he does it. I saw where he made a kid put a cast on and change his number for a game to make the other team think his QB was still out. 4 kids...#33 TE #56 guard #12 SS #52 nose guard.....and maybe #10 RB (hand) WOW.
Here are the names reported on KHSAA.

12 Preston, Jimmy Football (Varsity)
Johnson Central 08/28/09 Horn Lake, Mississippi

33 Curnell, Nathan Football (Varsity)

52 Lackey, Travis Football (Varsity)

56 Harlow, Ryan Football (Varsity)

56 Marcum, Cody Football (Varsity)
Bell County 08/29/09 Marion County
Thanks William! You know I was at the game and I have to side with Marcum those Marion boys was pushing him around all night after the whistle had blown. I guess he had a enough! He had 2 personal fouls on him which tallies to be ejected from the game and sit out the next one.
Snare43 Wrote:Matney is a number changer. He likes to change kids number to make people think something else. Kinda silly...but he does it. I saw where he made a kid put a cast on and change his number for a game to make the other team think his QB was still out. 4 kids...#33 TE #56 guard #12 SS #52 nose guard.....and maybe #10 RB (hand) WOW.

It's a little juvenile, but there's nothing illegal about what's in [b]bold[/i].

As for the rest of it...you better know it as true (that means proof or another witness) before you post accusations. It's extremely poor form to post stuff like this in any case.
Whats the easiest way up to Paintsville from Middlesboro. The Parkway up to Hazard, Up Hwy 119 to Pikeville then US 23 to Paintsville, or up through Virginia to 58 then connect on US 23 all the way to Paintsville?
I watched the film and read the KHSAA site of what happened. What is poor form?? Just putting it out there. It is public knowledge, go to the website. Bell lost one also for language. Or is it that Matney comment? Explain
Everyone around knows it is true. Matney has been around long enough for people to know. The QB deal happened while he was still at Sheldon Clark. It was in a Playoff game and Matney laughed about it afterward. BTW they lost that game.
I think kicking someone out of a game for language is just crazy, imo. Its a sport that contains alot of it, the refs should just get used to that.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Whats the easiest way up to Paintsville from Middlesboro. The Parkway up to Hazard, Up Hwy 119 to Pikeville then US 23 to Paintsville, or up through Virginia to 58 then connect on US 23 all the way to Paintsville?

I would think Route #1.
Route 1 would consist of going to Bimble then taking that hwy to Manchester and then the Parkway all the way to Prestonsburg and then connect to US 23 to Paintsville. That would be the correct roads and way, right?
Snare43 Wrote:Matney is a number changer. He likes to change kids number to make people think something else. Kinda silly...but he does it. I saw where he made a kid put a cast on and change his number for a game to make the other team think his QB was still out. 4 kids...#33 TE #56 guard #12 SS #52 nose guard.....and maybe #10 RB (hand) WOW.

Let's keep focused on the game at hand. Just remember rumors and heresay will not be tolerated.
snare43 Wrote:i watched the film and read the khsaa site of what happened. What is poor form?? Just putting it out there. It is public knowledge, go to the website. Bell lost one also for language. or is it that matney comment? explain

yes.

The switching to hide a healed player is kind of funny and ridiculous. But isn't illegal.

Switching numbers to sneak a disqualified player on the field, OTOH, is an infraction severe enough to get a coach suspended a season (or more) and a player's disqualification extended a long time.
Snare43 Wrote:They are out. All four, 3 for fighting and language and #33 for leaving the bench area. No appeal for that. OF course Matney will try to play them.

Why would you think Coach Matney will try to play these four?
Eagle_Fan442 Wrote:Why would you think Coach Matney will try to play these four?

no, no,no Coach Matney will not risk a season on violating any rules. Players will be missed and it will make a difference. It is time for the rest of the team step up to the plate and give their every effort, should be a very good game to watch. I haven't seen either team, so, too close on previous records to call. Best wishes to both teams.