Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County 21 Christian County 0
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:Let's talk about the running games. Unofficial stats show that CCHS picked up 77 yards on 35 carries. That's 2.2 yards per carry. Boyle rolled up 232 yards on 32 carries (7.3 yards per carry) and Rees broke some big gainers along the way.

The thread leading up to the game made much of Christian's tough schedule and how they put up big rushing numbers on some great teams. Conversely it was said that Boyle padded their stats against weak opponents. Those arguments don't hold much water now though. I wonder what happened?

I was one who had not seen either team play and picked CC strickly by schedules and stats. Boyle proved me wrong and won in impressive fashion. Best of luck in the playoffs!
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:Originally Posted by cuppett777 View Post
Boyle better be ready to play because cc went down to muffesboro oakland,tn and they did get beat ,but it was 14-0,to big plays was the difference, and the anouncers said that the muffesboro team defense was the best they had seen in 5yrs, even better than highladns last year in the state finals,oakland won the 5a title in tn last and ranked number 6 this year,cc defense is very tough i listen to them evry friday night, i like cc to win in a close game

Based on the above analysis, is it fair to say that this Boyle Defense is the best that anyone has seen in at least SIX years?

When you hold Cincinnati St X to 7 pts, then you can call yourself the best defense anyone has seen in at least 6 years.
Hatz Wrote:According to their paper, these three were out:

Christian County (6-4), the sixth-ranked team in Class 5-A, was without starting quarterback Alex Davie, who suffered a concussion last weekend. In addition, linebacker John Paul Finley broke his collarbone in an off-field incident last weekend and wide receiver Marcoreyon Tandy was severely dehydrated after last week’s loss to Murfreesboro Oakland and did not play.

I know you aren't saying it but it always gripes me when everyone talks about this injury or that one, particularly in print. Every losing team can pretty much come up with the excuse that if "so and so" had played the game would have been different. I found little sympathy for my teams in the past when star players were out so I doubt I'll shed tears for other teams in the same circumstances. :Thumbs:

You are 100% right, good teams find a way to win when players go down. Highlands has lost the 2 stars of the team (Div 1 players) for games this year and continue to find players to step up and take their place.
sstack Wrote:when you hold cincinnati st x to 7 pts, then you can call yourself the best defense anyone has seen in at least 6 years.

wtf?
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:wtf?

It was a prop to Highlands Defense. :Thumbs:

What it had to do in context with a Colonel's statement two weeks ago I have no idea.
cuppett777 Wrote:i went and watched cc play 2x and i couldnt believe that they wasnt more people there to support them,not used to that,at belfry,they have alomost as many on the road as at home.TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho

Yep, its a shame. Great stadium and nobody goes to the games. Its the same way at the Hopkinsville games, stands are empty.
hooaah Wrote:Yep, its a shame. Great stadium and nobody goes to the games. Its the same way at the Hopkinsville games, stands are empty.
There's no excuse for the parents to not support their sons. I am not from that aera but how come the students are not involved? From what I seen on Sr. night, it was very sad. I counted 4 people in the stands for this.
Rebel55 Wrote:There's no excuse for the parents to not support their sons. I am not from that aera but how come the students are not involved? From what I seen on Sr. night, it was very sad. I counted 4 people in the stands for this.

Now come on Rebel, you know there was more than 4. You and I both counted at least 8 people.:biggrin:
TrueRebel88 Wrote:Now come on Rebel, you know there was more than 4. You and I both counted at least 8 people.:biggrin:

That was after the National Anthem, I'm talking about watching th Sr. Night program.
sstack Wrote:When you hold Cincinnati St X to 7 pts, then you can call yourself the best defense anyone has seen in at least 6 years.

did boyle do that? dont think they did
Hatz Wrote:It was a prop to Highlands Defense. :Thumbs:

What it had to do in context with a Colonel's statement two weeks ago I have no idea.

that years highland cc hasnt faced them this year.
cuppett777 Wrote:did boyle do that? dont think they did

Man, I'm afraid this whole conversation has went right over your head. I never said a thing about Highlands or St. X. I do know that Boyle completely shutdown this Christian County team that was supposed to be so big, fast, and athletic. In fact they laid a big fat goose egg on them on their own field, in the rain, after a 3.5 bus ride! It didn't surprise me or most Rebel fans at all; but it sure did catch you and a few other know nothings by surprise. :thanks:
cuppett777 Wrote:that years highland cc hasnt faced them this year.

That makes no sense. Is that English?