Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott Co. Central 58 Hazard 57 (14th Region Semi's)
Ballers Wrote:I tried viewing your picture and it don't show up.

Maybe because you don't want to see it! :lmao:
This was an awesome game for real. I have a new respect for Whitaker from Hazard now, I believe somone mentioned earlier he was the best player on the court in an earlier post and you couldn't be more right. Knott had no answer whatsoever for him. Judging from the picture above it looks like it was a missed call, whether that altered the shot or not, but missed calls happen. It is very unfortunate. The officiating I thought was very good, they were consistant throughout the entire game.
After playing two tough games now the question does arise that is Knott will have enough to beat PCC tonight? Well last night was a very emotional and physical game for Knott but Perry played a physical enough game last night and there was definitely some emotion in that game. So I don't necessarily think PCC has an advantage coming into this game and hopefully they don't think that.
All in all though, this game was great, and I'm glad I was in the stands to witness it. The ending was a bit unfortunate, but a great game none the less.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Some may argue that it was a violation of the rules and should be called as in any other situation. I'm on the fence, but the big thing is Hazard is at home because of a no call and if it was called Knott County is at home because of a called made within the rules of the game. Hazard is the team being done unfairly which is why I lean to the side that it should have been called even in that situation.

Touching the net or not touching the net, the ball was not going in.
The guy blew the lay up. Oh well.
ANEWPAT Wrote:I have always had great respect for you, but in this post I am very disappointed. :dontthink:dontthink You, being Brian Milam, and at least giving the appearance of representing WYMT, should not get on here and post something like this unless you are willing to sit down and watch the entire game over again and point out every questionable call. There were bad calls and missed calls all over the place, all night long. It's not fair to KCC for you, a representative of the media, to give the impression that Hazard deserved to win this game and the refs took it by this one call. You, and if you were posting as a representative of WYMT then them also, owe KCC an apology. For kids to get on here and run their mouths is one thing, but for those who are in positions of authority and influence to do it is something totally different.

Yeah Milam....
why on earth would you say that you watched a replay and saw a missed call.
It's not like you have a sports show and it's your job to talk about stuff like this:eyeroll:
Wall4president Wrote:Seriously, what in the world did he say wrong? He just said it was possible, not like he said that Hazard should of won like you are saying he did. Just compared it to last years call and he is telling the truth, it's worse this year and it wasn't called.
Just in case you missed this post above that states the rule for this, you might want to read it again....

Nothing you can say as a Knott County fan to refute the evidence no matter what was called the whole game, I would have to agree with others and say this was a missed call after further review of the replay. Who was that in the Net Davis?? who is #21?
KCC has beat Hazard 4 times what more do you need to know
Kcc-76
pcc-62
timeout Wrote:KCC has beat Hazard 4 times what more do you need to know

LMAO. Post of the year.
Ballers Wrote:Too close of a game to get a call like that don't you think?

No. If something like that decides the game then it needs to be called. But I do think BJ would have missed it if Roberts hand was in the net or not but rules are rules. Hazard should have been rewarded the basket and the win.
Ballers Wrote:Touching the net or not touching the net, the ball was not going in.
The guy blew the lay up. Oh well.
Doesn't matter. It's still the rule.
Aslan Wrote:No. If something like that decides the game then it needs to be called. But I do think BJ would have missed it if Roberts hand was in the net or not but rules are rules. Hazard should have been rewarded the basket and the win.

Coulda woulda shoulda.

KCC goes to the finals.
Ballers Wrote:Coulda woulda shoulda.

KCC goes to the finals.

Only to be sitting in the classroom tomorrow thinking about how they coulda, woulda, shoulda, beat PCC while zaga_fan munches down a cheese danish....
compliments of ballers:rockon:
I am a die hard Hazard fan and this game is history !! Need to worry about the championship game tonight !!! GO KCC !!!

KCC goes to the finals.

I was jus sayin. It didn't matter to me who won.
zaga_fan Wrote:Only to be sitting in the classroom tomorrow thinking about how they coulda, woulda, shoulda, beat PCC while zaga_fan munches down a cheese danish....
compliments of ballers:rockon:

Lmbo :Thumbs:
Panther Thunder Wrote:1) Rule 4-6, Art. 1, page 29....."Basket interference occurs when a player touches the ball or any part of the basket (including the net) while the ball is on or within either basket."
"When a basket interference violation is called against the defending team, the shooting team is awarded the points for the field goal as if it had been made."

This image I have posted below clearly shows that while the ball is on the rim, the net is being touched. This combined with the rule above has to show basket interference. Now as an impartial viewer, doing my own research, that is basket interference and Hazard should have been awarded 2 points. One simply cannot argue this evidence. I have no dog in this fight, but the officials missed the call.

[Image: http://i49.tinypic.com/2mdmpu0.jpg]

Perfect evidence. But all the Knott Co. fans say it wasn't a basket interferance. Blown call, but the officials were biased for Knott all night so it didn't shock me that they didn't call it.

Aslan Wrote:I retract my earlier statement. It was definitely a missed call. Hazard should have been rewarded the basket and the win.

Yes sir.

Ballers Wrote:Too close of a game to get a call like that don't you think?

Um no? It doesn't matter what type of game it is, that call has to be made.

Panther Thunder Wrote:Some may argue that it was a violation of the rules and should be called as in any other situation. I'm on the fence, but the big thing is Hazard is at home because of a no call and if it was called Knott County is at home because of a called made within the rules of the game. Hazard is the team being done unfairly which is why I lean to the side that it should have been called even in that situation.

I agree, the call should have been made.

Wall4president Wrote:Maybe because you don't want to see it! :lmao:

:Clap: :Clap: :Clap:

That's the truth.

tommy2 Wrote:Kcc-76
pcc-62

Now that's funny.

Panther Thunder Wrote:Doesn't matter. It's still the rule.

Exactlly.

KCC goes to the finals.

And that's as far as they will get.
Triplemaniaman, always against Knott County. I think its funny, :popcorn:, watching you wine all the time when Knott wins. There was blown calls all night on both sides. If Knott wins tonight against Perry, I will sit back and enjoy the crying from you and PCC fans on this site!!
Panther Thunder Wrote:1) Rule 4-6, Art. 1, page 29....."Basket interference occurs when a player touches the ball or any part of the basket (including the net) while the ball is on or within either basket."
"When a basket interference violation is called against the defending team, the shooting team is awarded the points for the field goal as if it had been made."

This image I have posted below clearly shows that while the ball is on the rim, the net is being touched. This combined with the rule above has to show basket interference. Now as an impartial viewer, doing my own research, that is basket interference and Hazard should have been awarded 2 points. One simply cannot argue this evidence. I have no dog in this fight, but the officials missed the call.

[Image: http://i49.tinypic.com/2mdmpu0.jpg]

Great research guy and a nice picture. Here is the thing though, you have to look at rules in two ways. Black and white (which is your approach) and the intent of the rule. The intent of that rule is to keep a player from reaching thru the net and knocking the ball out. That clearly did not happen in this case. The Player from Knott went from the side of the basket that the pass came from to the side where the player for Hazard caught the ball for the layup. he brushed the net as he went under. The ball wasnt even on the cylinder at that point. If you watch the entire game from start to finish you will see many other occasions where the net is touched during a shot. And if you watch 10 games you will see even more times the net being touched. That official I am sure made a judgment that the actions of the player did not effect the shot and rightly so. In this case no call was the right call. The young man missed the shot, that along with 31 minutes of other plays determined the outcome of this game. Not the officials. The best officials will study the rules, understand the intent of the rules and apply them in a common sense way to the game in front of them. That is what happened here and the right call was made...no call/.
baseline Jumper Wrote:Great research guy and a nice picture. Here is the thing though, you have to look at rules in two ways. Black and white (which is your approach) and the intent of the rule. The intent of that rule is to keep a player from reaching thru the net and knocking the ball out. That clearly did not happen in this case. The Player from Knott went from the side of the basket that the pass came from to the side where the player for Hazard caught the ball for the layup. he brushed the net as he went under. The ball wasnt even on the cylinder at that point. If you watch the entire game from start to finish you will see many other occasions where the net is touched during a shot. And if you watch 10 games you will see even more times the net being touched. That official I am sure made a judgment that the actions of the player did not effect the shot and rightly so. In this case no call was the right call. The young man missed the shot, that along with 31 minutes of other plays determined the outcome of this game. Not the officials. The best officials will study the rules, understand the intent of the rules and apply them in a common sense way to the game in front of them. That is what happened here and the right call was made...no call/.

:Thumbs: Good Post and I think your right!
catfan1 Wrote:Triplemaniaman, always against Knott County. I think its funny, :popcorn:, watching you wine all the time when Knott wins. There was blown calls all night on both sides. If Knott wins tonight against Perry, I will sit back and enjoy the crying from you and PCC fans on this site!!

I'll think it's beyond funny when Knott gets beat and we hear all the Patriot fans crying. I can't wait :Cheerlead
Either way with all the seniors on both teams and how animate both teams fans are, it's a safe bet there will be alot of crying going on tonight depending on whoever wins tonight. Good luck to both of these great teams. Should definitely be worth the price of admission.
]Any time any Perry Co team gets beat, they hollar Cheat Hazard just got BEAT for the 4th time surely you wasnt cheated 4 times. any way blow all you want to your BEAT
triplemaniaman Wrote:I'll think it's beyond funny when Knott gets beat and we hear all the Patriot fans crying. I can't wait :Cheerlead

Wolfe beat JBS...I wouldn't say much if I was you.
timeout Wrote:]Any time any Perry Co team gets beat, they hollar Cheat Hazard just got BEAT for the 4th time surely you wasnt cheated 4 times. any way blow all you want to your BEAT

Perry's made no excuses this year in any loss. I've not seen any excuses in this thread either from Hazard fans.
After reading so much on this site, and seeing how big of ***holes the KCC fans are I hope they get dog stomped tonight, and Ballers, I hope they do get stomped so You can stfu. Thank you

P&F
ANEWPAT Wrote:I have always had great respect for you, but in this post I am very disappointed. :dontthink:dontthink You, being Brian Milam, and at least giving the appearance of representing WYMT, should not get on here and post something like this unless you are willing to sit down and watch the entire game over again and point out every questionable call. There were bad calls and missed calls all over the place, all night long. It's not fair to KCC for you, a representative of the media, to give the impression that Hazard deserved to win this game and the refs took it by this one call. You, and if you were posting as a representative of WYMT then them also, owe KCC an apology. For kids to get on here and run their mouths is one thing, but for those who are in positions of authority and influence to do it is something totally different.

I would have to agree!! Members of the media, TV, Radio and what have you should not be posting on these message boards. And Brian if you do you should be smart enough not to use your real name!!:blabbermo
Pride and Football Wrote:After reading so much on this site, and seeing how big of ***holes the KCC fans are I hope they get dog stomped tonight, and Ballers, I hope they do get stomped so You can stfu. Thank you

P&F

Ballers is a bad dude!
timeout Wrote:]Any time any Perry Co team gets beat, they hollar Cheat Hazard just got BEAT for the 4th time surely you wasnt cheated 4 times. any way blow all you want to your BEAT

The region runs through Perry County, bub.
Unless you beat PCC, Hazard, or both you will not go to Rupp.
I hope that PCC blows out Knott tonight so the excuses don't run wild, but it's unlikely.
zaga_fan Wrote:The region runs through Perry County, bub.
Unless you beat PCC, Hazard, or both you will not go to Rupp.
I hope that PCC blows out Knott tonight so the excuses don't run wild, but it's unlikely.

if they had you im sure they would smoke em' by at least 50. lol.

way i see it, no one on here should blame Knott or Hazard for anything, or bash either team. They played the game like they are suppost to. What the refs call and do not call is 110% out of their hands. So i think if you people are gonna sit and debate about it and bash and go on, then start a thread called "the knott vs. hazard refs". because that no call is 110% their fault. just like all the calls.

Im sure Combs is just in a hole after that, and im sure Roberts feels like he did goaltend and does feel a lil guilt for it. But the way I see it, they did what they are suppost to do and they shouldn't feel bad either way because the refs decided this one. Im not saying the refs cheated for either team. Im saying that the teams played the game and that last no call wasn't up to them. So like I said, the players did what they had to. And came up big, and came up short.

Knott goes on, Hazard doesn't. Thats just how it is sometimes. Goodluck to KCC tonight.
greenstuff22 Wrote:if they had you im sure they would smoke em' by at least 50. lol.

way i see it, no one on here should blame Knott or Hazard for anything, or bash either team. They played the game like they are suppost to. What the refs call and do not call is 110% out of their hands. So i think if you people are gonna sit and debate about it and bash and go on, then start a thread called "the knott vs. hazard refs". because that no call is 110% their fault. just like all the calls.

Im sure Combs is just in a hole after that, and im sure Roberts feels like he did goaltend and does feel a lil guilt for it. But the way I see it, they did what they are suppost to do and they shouldn't feel bad either way because the refs decided this one. Im not saying the refs cheated for either team. Im saying that the teams played the game and that last no call wasn't up to them. So like I said, the players did what they had to. And came up big, and came up short.

Knott goes on, Hazard doesn't. Thats just how it is sometimes. Goodluck to KCC tonight.

If they had me it wouldn't make a difference because I would be on the bench lol.

good post:Thumbs:
zaga_fan Wrote:If they had me it wouldn't make a difference because I would be on the bench lol.
good post:Thumbs:

haha just kiddin dude.