Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 41 Covington Cath 28
Beautiful Win For The Eagles...
Hoot Gibson Wrote::Thumbs: JC laid some pretty good hits on CovCath's receivers, too. Bir did make some mistakes but I think his line got tired and let JC put a lot more pressure on him in the 4th quarter. Did you think Bir was the best QB that JC has faced this season or did you like Madon or Boyle's quarterback better? I don't think the NKY folks appreciate how strong Bell and Boyle (or Knox) are this season.

Some do; some don't. I do.

Congrats to the Eagles. I have to admit, I was a little surprised with the outcome of the game. I thought CovCath's depth would enable them to pull the game out in the second half and the exact opposite happened. Kudos to the Eagles for sucking it up and coming out with the win. Seems like Matney's decision to go with the on side kick at the start of the second half may have been the pivotal call; that and CovCath's inability to punch in another score at the end of the first half.

JC fans have to be feeling good about the game against Highlands this week.
Did anyone hear the CC section chanting overated after JJ had the fumble? Do you think they still think that?
Matman Wrote:Did anyone hear the CC section chanting overated after JJ had the fumble? Do you think they still think that?

Had to be the shortest cheer in high school history. His next 4 carries were 81 yards for a TD, 16 yards, 10 yards and 50 yards for a TD.
Matman Wrote:Did anyone hear the CC section chanting overated after JJ had the fumble? Do you think they still think that?

The Catholic Crazies or whatever it is that they call themselves where accessories to a crime from what I saw. It seemed once they had there little burst of excitement, JJ gashed their defense for big gains all night. The Crazies were pretty cold Friday night.
Congrats JC