Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Rumor)Paintsville basketball starter kicked off team for...Facebook Status????
OffTheHook Wrote:#34 is Kash Daniel an 8th grader and yes his future is bright. HARD worker!

I guess the Roster needs updating on KHSAA:

# Name Position Yr. # Name Position Yr.
5 Gabe Burchell F Fr. 21 Thomas Litteral G So.
3 Colby Burchett G Jr. 13 Jon Ramey G Jr.
45 Colton Caldwell G So. 32 Hunter Ratliff F/G Fr.
23 Zach Collins G Fr. 4 Dakota Ray G So.
12 Matt Daniels G Jr. 24 David Slone G Jr.
34 Seth Daniels F Sr. 00 Peyton Smith G Fr.
20 Brandon Haight G So. 2 Timmy Sublett G Sr.
35 Prater Helton F So. 15 Trevor Tiller G Jr.
30 Quinton Hensley F Fr. 10 Blake Turner G Fr.
A high school coach should have the right to choose the members of his team. He should also have the right to dismiss kids from the team as he sees fit. It seems to me questioning the coach's tactics on facebook could easily be viewed as having a derogatory effect on team chemistry.... I once knew a coach that kicked the best player off the team at mid season for a similar infraction. The team got better when the superstar player with the questionable attitude was gone. The kids father threatened to sue in this case also, but he had no case. A coach has the right to choose the kids that are on his team. BTW, the coach I am referring to is one of the most successful coaches in KY High School basketball history.
Redneck Wrote:2008/09: 7-19
2009/10: 7-20
2010/11: 12-14

No winning seasons and haven't been to the Region tourney since the 07/08 season when Coach Runyon was still the head man.

The cupboard was bare when runyon left. Kinner on the other hand has had talent. He had Nehemiah Doderer, and Dyllon Brown in the same backfield and still tried that stupid spread stuff. Matt hasn't had a chance yet to even show what he can do with real talent. If at the end of this year things arent better then we may be in agreement. until then just wait it out.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:"and the Football Field and Diamond as well".:Thumbs:

You are right Charlie, I didn't believe it until I was told by many, he hit a home run at Lawrence Co. last year as a seventh grader. Couldn't believe it
LCDawg Wrote:I guess the Roster needs updating on KHSAA:

# Name Position Yr. # Name Position Yr.
5 Gabe Burchell F Fr. 21 Thomas Litteral G So.
3 Colby Burchett G Jr. 13 Jon Ramey G Jr.
45 Colton Caldwell G So. 32 Hunter Ratliff F/G Fr.
23 Zach Collins G Fr. 4 Dakota Ray G So.
12 Matt Daniels G Jr. 24 David Slone G Jr.
34 Seth Daniels F Sr. 00 Peyton Smith G Fr.
20 Brandon Haight G So. 2 Timmy Sublett G Sr.
35 Prater Helton F So. 15 Trevor Tiller G Jr.
30 Quinton Hensley F Fr. 10 Blake Turner G Fr.

I have learned over the years to never go by what KHSAA has. Once the season starts, coaches barely have time to call in the scores. Names and numbers change on a weekly basis. If anyone has any questions as to who is what number and who has been added. Please feel free to contact me. We'll let Coach..Coach and I'll make sure his books are straight.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:The cupboard was bare when runyon left. Kinner on the other hand has had talent. He had Nehemiah Doderer, and Dyllon Brown in the same backfield and still tried that stupid spread stuff. Matt hasn't had a chance yet to even show what he can do with real talent. If at the end of this year things arent better then we may be in agreement. until then just wait it out.

he had green for 3 years( maybe the best player in the 15th last year) and superstar tiller. i think the staff got caught up trying to make a run at state the last year ruynon was there. so they didnt have any jv games for the younger kids to develope. imo.. half the team quit matts 1st year...so this is some of matts blame as well for doing squat as an assistant those years before becoming head coach. dont blame the talent. look at p-burg a couple years ago the only team they could beat was us. now look at the turn around....same kids new leadership....same with there baseball program....new leadership and the kids play with their heart...:Shaking:
They had JV games before every game that wasn't a boys girls double header. In fact Paintsville JV did pretty good. And those boys didn't quit.
OffTheHook Wrote:I have learned over the years to never go by what KHSAA has. Once the season starts, coaches barely have time to call in the scores. Names and numbers change on a weekly basis. If anyone has any questions as to who is what number and who has been added. Please feel free to contact me. We'll let Coach..Coach and I'll make sure his books are straight.
Pretty easy to see what happened Hook. The sr. looses a Jersey and an 8th grader found it. They just happened to have the same last name. KHSAA only need to change one letter in the name and the players year.
TigerBlues Wrote:You are right Charlie, I didn't believe it until I was told by many, he hit a home run at Lawrence Co. last year as a seventh grader. Couldn't believe it

I believe that is true TB with regard to the 4B hit.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:They had JV games before every game that wasn't a boys girls double header. In fact Paintsville JV did pretty good. And those boys didn't quit.

i can name 6 juinors and seniors that quit matts first year. his 2nd year i can name atleast 3 key players that quit. runyons last year they had 6-7 or jv games. matt was the jv coach. matts 1st year they had maybe 10 jv games, craig was the jv coach. same last year and will be no different this year.

put the blame where it belongs.....NO LEADERSHIP!!!!! no ROLE MODEL!!!!
Redneck Wrote:2008/09: 7-19
2009/10: 7-20
2010/11: 12-14

No winning seasons and haven't been to the Region tourney since the 07/08 season when Coach Runyon was still the head man.
Not sure but would say they did win a few district games in these three seasons which the football was winless in district games this past season.
someone shouldnt be kicked off for a facebook status
redhead snitch Wrote:i can name 6 juinors and seniors that quit matts first year. his 2nd year i can name atleast 3 key players that quit. runyons last year they had 6-7 or jv games. matt was the jv coach. matts 1st year they had maybe 10 jv games, craig was the jv coach. same last year and will be no different this year.

put the blame where it belongs.....NO LEADERSHIP!!!!! no ROLE MODEL!!!!

The kids that "quit" were kicked off the team.
TheBigLebowski Wrote:If JD, Landon, or Grimmy wrote the exact same thing would they have been treated the same? No, I think that is what's wrong with the situation.

I played for Runyon, like PTF said, he would have punished the whole team for it, while the one whp wrote stood and watched them.

ForearmShiver Wrote:If?... That is the key word. I don't believe that any of those former Tigers would have ever posted a statement like that on a silly social networking page. IMO this whole thing was just a part of what was the problem with the dismissed player. It is evident that these postings were indicative of an overall poor attitude and detiorating relationship with the coach, teammates and the entire concept of team sports. I wish the kid well, but it seems this situation is better for all involved moving forward.

Seriously?.. Didn't we all see Landon on WYMT talkin about how he was too good to play at Morehead. Then he quit at Pikeville because he didn't get the playing time he thought he "deserved", and missed out on a National Championship. IDK hpw many of ya have heard how Ratliff found out about the status, but I'd bet you would be surprised yo know that it wasn't any of the current players that ratted Daniels out for his status, it was a former player.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
doubledown Wrote:Not sure but would say they did win a few district games in these three seasons which the football was winless in district games this past season.

You're completely missin the point.
What happened to their coaching staff that was there when you played RS?
PTF, you are a serious fan of the Tigers and that is great. You are wishy-washy in your post from time to time, but that is ok. Just wondering, when and what sports did you play in high school?

Also, you seem to speak highly of the current basketball coach, I know for a fact that during his time as coach (First and/or second year) there were kids that quit, they were not kicked off. It is ok to loyal to your former school, but you might need to get your facts straight all the time.
Redneck Wrote:I played for Runyon, like PTF said, he would have punished the whole team for it, while the one whp wrote stood and watched them.

Seriously?.. Didn't we all see Landon on WYMT talkin about how he was too good to play at Morehead. Then he quit at Pikeville because he didn't get the playing time he thought he "deserved", and missed out on a National Championship. IDK hpw many of ya have heard how Ratliff found out about the status, but I'd bet you would be surprised yo know that it wasn't any of the current players that ratted Daniels out for his status, it was a former player.

Seriously! Was this supposed to be a retort to the post you quoted? There is no evident connection between the two.
ForearmShiver Wrote:Seriously! Was this supposed to be a retort to the post you quoted? There is no evident connection between the two.

If someone goes on WYMT and says something like that, is it really any different than putting it on Facebook, no. The only difference is on WYMT, everybody in the coverage area can see it, where on Facebook only your friends can see it (if it is set to private, like Daniels' is.)
And before anybody thinks that I want Matt gone, that is inaccurate. I like Matt, I think he is gonna be a good coach, he's still learning. Playing the game and teaching the game are two different things, we all know he was a great player.
Ike Cooter Wrote:PTF, you are a serious fan of the Tigers and that is great. You are wishy-washy in your post from time to time, but that is ok. Just wondering, when and what sports did you play in high school?

Also, you seem to speak highly of the current basketball coach, I know for a fact that during his time as coach (First and/or second year) there were kids that quit, they were not kicked off. It is ok to loyal to your former school, but you might need to get your facts straight all the time.

I played football under Runyon and Allen. had to quit because of injury. As for Matt its not as much that I love the guy as a coach, but I know the position he was put in was pretty shitty for any coach. The only true positive I can say about matt is that he is a very good english teacher. As for basketball we just flat out haven't had any good talent, or should I say a complete team under him. This year if we don't do very well in the postseason then I will say he should be fired until then I will be supportive.