Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When Joker Gets Canned....
In Phillips first two seasons as Head Coach at UK finished 4th and 5th In their division of the SEC. In Brooks last to years his teams finished 5th and 6th.
Yes we want to get better. But historically speaking this is a high time for UK football. Remember where it came from and that Joker Phillips was an integral part in making UK respectable. One rebuilding year does not change that.
Stardust Wrote:^ it is difficult for East teams, even the Big programs, to recruit anywhere wast if the Mississippi.

It is tough. That's why UK needs to keep as many in state kids as possible and hit the hot beds of Georgia, Tenn, South Carolina and Florida. If you can smuggle a few out Ohio and Pennsylvania and get a couple of quality Juco's then You can compete.

Wait, that sounds familiar.
Joker is a better O-Coord then he is a head coach.
Bottom line, football don't don't get the support the basketball team does. Imagine if the football team got that type of support from the university? We'd be amazing! Your either a football or basketball school.

Alabama(good at football, not basketball)
Kentucky(good at basketball, not football)
Oregon(good at football, not basketball)

And the list goes on in on. There is rarely a university that is good at both basketball or football. Granted, some have good baseball teams as well.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I swear im as big a KY fan as the next guy, but we have some of the dumbest and naive fans alive, maybe the most of anyone.
Anyone who honestly believes Joker is a good coach or UK football "cant" compete because of the almighty SEC is just making excuses.
Still haven't given any specific examples of Joker being a poor coach!

I believe you on the dumbest fans. I can't think of a greater authority on that subject.
FBALL what's the deal with you being on the Joker Bandwagon? Does 3 wins a year really satisfy you?
When was the last time they only had three wins?

I'm not really on his bandwagon as much as just giving the guy a fair chance. He's a very good recruiter with a very good offensive mind.

Last year was one of those years where you either rebuild or reload. Right now Kentucky can reload in basketball. Bama can reload in football. After losing the playmakers Uk lost on offense, the football team at UK, like most other schools had to rebuild. Although its not the kind of year we all wanted it wasn't a total disaster either.
FBALL Wrote:When was the last time they only had three wins?

I'm not really on his bandwagon as just giving the guy a fair chance. He's a very good recruiter with a very good offensive mind.

Last year was one of those years where you either rebuild or reload. Right now Kentucky can reload in basketball. Bama can reload in football. After losing the playmakers Uk lost on offense, the football team at UK, like most other schools had to rebuild. Although its not the kind of year we all wanted it wasn't a total disaster either.

:Thumbs:
Spud6 Wrote:Bottom line, football don't don't get the support the basketball team does. Imagine if the football team got that type of support from the university? We'd be amazing! Your either a football or basketball school.

Alabama(good at football, not basketball)
Kentucky(good at basketball, not football)
Oregon(good at football, not basketball)

And the list goes on in on. There is rarely a university that is good at both basketball or football. Granted, some have good baseball teams as well.

Ohio State
Michigan
Michigan State
Florida
Baylor
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Texas

Just to name a couple. I think that a University chooses to be either but they don't have to be.

UK is on the national map in every sport at the University except for football and I think it is because UK drew the line that Basketball would always trump football.

I'm not really on his bandwagon as much as just giving the guy a fair chance. He's a very good recruiter with a very good offensive mind.

They don't get no more than 5 so you might as well be calling it 3. The only reason he wasn't fired at the end of last year was because the win over Tennessee.
Stardust Wrote:^

[Image: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_y3gBoYnbeFk/SW...mn-wwe.jpg]
Played Football at FSU.

He's had chances.
Two years of chances to be exact.
By that logic Brooks should have been fired after year two.

Still not one specific example of why he is a bad coach.
Strikeout King Wrote:They don't get no more than 5 so you might as well be calling it 3. The only reason he wasn't fired at the end of last year was because the win over Tennessee.

6 is more than 5.

A win over Tennessee is something that hasn't been accomplished in a long time.
judgementday Wrote:Ohio State
Michigan
Michigan State
Florida
Baylor
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Texas

Just to name a couple. I think that a University chooses to be either but they don't have to be.

UK is on the national map in every sport at the University except for football and I think it is because UK drew the line that Basketball would always trump football.
WVU, Baylor and Wisconsin have never won a title in either football or basketball. And Baylor has been terrible until the last couple of years.
FBALL Wrote:6 is more than 5.

A win over Tennessee is something that hasn't been accomplished in a long time.

and that's the only reason why Joke is still here...
That's Joker and yes it was a very big win.
He is and will always be a Joke to some of us. Not sure how he has so many people on his bandwagon
Still not one specific example of why he is a bad coach. Name calling and pointing out a record that is, quite frankly, better than that of his predecessor's are pretty weak.
So your really satisfied with 3-6 wins and no bowl games year in and year out?

The Joke sucks at being a Head Coach. He's a good O-Coord but sucks at being a Head Coach.

Not sure why people are on his bandwagon, he's just gonna let us down again this year.

FBALL I bet that we get 5 or less Wins, Louisville and Tennessee will beat us. the only wins we will have is Western, Kent State, Samford. We will only get 1 SEC win if we're lucky
If Joker doesn't get us to a bowl game that's not named Music City or Liberty Bowl then it's time for a change. With that schedule we shouldn't have a problem getting 7-8 Wins.
We will see.

I don't understand how So many can hate he guy so much. Still nothing.
Would we be crying for Brook's head over the Music City or Liberty Bowl? I think not.

That's a hell of a double standard.
FBALL Wrote:We will see.

I don't understand how So many can hate he guy so much. Still nothing.

We don't hate him or at least I don't we just don't like him.

FBALL Wrote:Would we be crying for Brook's head over the Music City or Liberty Bowl? I think not.

That's a hell of a double standard.

I remember people saying stuff about how they didn't like going to the Music City and Liberty Bowls.
Like I said way back in this thread. Its a good thing our expectations have been raised. But facts are the football program is not like the basketball program and that doesn't happen over night. There will be peaks and there will be valleys.
and like I said if Joker can't get enough wins to make it to a bowl game not named Music City or Liberty then it's time for a change. I know Kentucky isn't as good as Bama, LSU or South Carolina in Football but they should be good enough to go to a bigger bowl game
Kentucky has always sucked anyone who thinks there will be a change needs a kick in the ass for being stupid. The win over Tennessee did nothing for Joker, you cant get fired for having a season that was well average by Uk standards, Barnhart will stick by his words you hve joker for two more years deal with it. Quit name calling, and calling him joke and stupid stuff like that. The man played college, and proffesional football, and is a D-1 head coach. Obviously he knows his stuff, and maybe just maybe he knows a little bit more than we do about football. I promise you no coach would do any better at uk.
Strikeout King Wrote:So your really satisfied with 3-6 wins and no bowl games year in and year out?

The Joke sucks at being a Head Coach. He's a good O-Coord but sucks at being a Head Coach.

Not sure why people are on his bandwagon, he's just gonna let us down again this year.

FBALL I bet that we get 5 or less Wins, Louisville and Tennessee will beat us. the only wins we will have is Western, Kent State, Samford. We will only get 1 SEC win if we're lucky

SOK, I'll bet you. UK gets aleast 5 wins, you lose and cant post on here for 2 weeks. IF they only win 4 or less you win and I cant post for a 2 weeks.

Deal?