Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County's Coal Miner Memorial Stadium
MtnHSFootballFan Wrote:FIRST Class!

Couldn't agree more.
And WOW. Those pictures make it even look even better.
got a chance to look at this field Tuesday and believe me it is awesome, beautiful setting with the arched bridge leading over to it. The people of Harlan have a lot to be proud of this school and facility is 1st class.
What a stadium.. They should hold the state championship in the stadium
That is freakin sweet!
Bear_Paw Wrote:The amount of seating and leg room on the home side is insane...

Confusedinglepar I am ecstatic to hear this! With me having extremely long legs, lol, I usually have to sit awkwardly in order to not have my knees pressing in the back of the person sitting in front of me.

I've been by and seen it from the road, but haven't gotten to go over and see it close up yet...I can't wait for the first game to be played there!
When you build a track around the field its bad for the fans. Its like sitting in the nose bleed section at a Bengals game. Belfry did there field the right way I believe they put there track up on a strip job somewhere. I have to go with Cam stadium in the mountains. Ashland has a nice place to watch a game, just needs a little updating on the seating.

But for the football players the new field will be awesome!!!:popcorn:
That is really a magnificent looking field!! The players and the entire community must be so proud of this! I am sure that there will be plenty of posts about it but, I would like to know when the first game will be played there as I am gonna try to make the trip over there to see it!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
It is looking like the last regular season game against Bell Co.
EAGLE_CHEER_DAD2016 Wrote:When you build a track around the field its bad for the fans. Its like sitting in the nose bleed section at a Bengals game. Belfry did there field the right way I believe they put there track up on a strip job somewhere. I have to go with Cam stadium in the mountains. Ashland has a nice place to watch a game, just needs a little updating on the seating.

But for the football players the new field will be awesome!!!:popcorn:
LOL, Belfry's track is about 30 yards from the football stadium and it surrounds the soccer field.

I agree though about fields with tracks, it puts the fans too far back. I love the way the stands hover right up to the field at Haywood Field. It is a great place to watch a game.

I look forward to seeing a game at Harlan County, that whole complex looks awesome.
I have heard from a really really reliable source that HC will open up their new stadium in the first round of the playoffs.
bear claw Wrote:I have heard from a really really reliable source that HC will open up their new stadium in the first round of the playoffs.

I don't know if I can swing it, but I'd really love to be there.
It is going to be interesting if HC fans can fill the stands....I mean the stands go from back of the endzone to back of the endzone....this place is HUGE!!!!!
From all the pics, it looks as thought the field itself is ready to be played on, however, i dont think it will happen this year.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:From all the pics, it looks as thought the field itself is ready to be played on, however, i dont think it will happen this year.

Don't think they have locker rooms is what I have been told. I don't think you will see but one game on the field this year and that will be Bell County.
Amped 88 Wrote:Don't think they have locker rooms is what I have been told. I don't think you will see but one game on the field this year and that will be Bell County.

Not even one playoff game?
HDE Wrote:Not even one playoff game?

If they don't have dressing rooms how can they.
Very nice, maybe bigger scoreboard?
The scoreboard and jumbo tron is a lot bigger than what it looks like in the pics....I am telling you guys...these pics don't do this place justice.
What is the track team look like?
bear claw Wrote:I have heard from a really really reliable source that HC will open up their new stadium in the first round of the playoffs.

That would be cool but, keep us posted because I definitely want to be their for the inaugural game!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Amped 88, I am glad you know more than us about what is going on with our field.
bear claw Wrote:Amped 88, I am glad you know more than us about what is going on with our field.

Why don't you tell us then? I have been up there a few time this year. I was told that they have to play at least one game on the field this year but they do not have locker rooms ready. The only team that can come up there dressed is Bell Co. Why don't you enlighten us on how things are going and quit showing us pictures. I was just going by what some Harlan Co people were saying.
Amped, I don't think anyone for sure knows when the field is going to be ready....I just think it is funny how everybody outside of Harlan Co. knows when it is going to be finished but no one from Harlan Co. knows for sure....if it is not ready for the playoffs then YES they can dress a vistiting team....there is several options for dressing...there is a HUGE basement in the school that can dress a team OR they have talked about getting a big tent with walls and a port a jon...so see....yes they can host a play off game....it just gets under my skin when people who don't know what they are talking about says what is going to happen.
BC there are several issues that have to be addressed before Any game can be played @ CMMS@NSF no pun intended on the acronym. They are trying as hard as possible to have the field ready to host a game-games but it's the 1st of Oct. And you only have 4 weeks left in the regular season. Hopefully the weather holds up and things progress along, but this entire campus has not met a single deadline yet.
Seems it may be good to just wait until next year so it could be started with a new season.
I am pretty sure they HAVE to play at least one game on the field this year....I am hearing the first round is more likely....if for some reason HC doesn't have a first round home game then they will play the Bell game with the project not completely finished.
bear claw Wrote:I am pretty sure they HAVE to play at least one game on the field this year....I am hearing the first round is more likely....if for some reason HC doesn't have a first round home game then they will play the Bell game with the project not completely finished.

Isn't that about what I said. I don't think it will be a playoff game if they don't have everything ready. That I was saying:popcorn:
Look man...if HC has a home playoff game they WILL play it on the new field....they have several options as to where the visiting team can dress.