Poll: Who wins ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
65.38%
Ashland
34.62%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Ashland 10/5
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I've heard the name porter Waggoner that's about it. I will say this for bobby he sure does make the crowd fired up

You need to google that then. You'll get a kick out of it. Just imagine that's what Bobby looked like 35-40 years ago.
A lot of talk on Belfry's schedule on here, here's something interesting, there will be a review of alignments after this season based on if there's a 12% increase or decrease enrollment for schools. Belfry increased 13 percent while East Ridge is down 12 percent, an Lawrence County down 13 percent. I don't know if they'd reclassify for that but certainly to note.. Lawrence County's average 2 year enrollment of boys in 06/07, 07/08 was 569.5 ... as of 10/11, 11/12 it is 359.5. Interesting numbers. Since it's an Ashland thread, Ashland's numbers have been pretty stagnant over the past 6 or 7 years, the same years I listed for Lawrence Co, Ashland had 691 and now 694.
cuppett777 Wrote:i dont know what to say right know, maybe latter in the week, the thing the comes to mind the most is the starters not seeing much playing time since the HC game, they did shut down P-burg air attack, but i say the Tomcats is much better,so with starters not playing, it could be a blessing(cuse they b well rested) or curse(cause they wont be used to playing the whole game)should be gr8 game...

It's amazing to me that anyone can type as bad as you do. Your posts are so confusing.
padd4pirate Wrote:ashland does not have the speed of Henry Clay...

Keep thinking that. I believe you're in for a rude awakening!
Baker, Massey, and Salow are all fast kids. If any of those guys get in the open, I don't see Belfry running them down.
I feel like Ashand is a little over hyped . Belfry wins 35-28.
tomcat4life Wrote:That's nice a Belfry 8th grade with 14 holdbacks with 4 of them being there 3rd year in the 8th grade and 2 other players that Belfry parents didn't know because those 2 weren't in the 8th grade. That info came from Belfry parents. One kid got in the truck and drove off after the game. Yep that's real nice.

Want some cheese with that whine?
Belfry has more speed than they have had in the past as well. Should be a very very good game. Good for Belfry to get challenged, no disrespect intended, but it has been since the Henry Clay game since that could be said. Remember win or lose, this game is about seeing how much you have improved since that game. This game along with the JC game is of course a bragging rights game, but in the bigger picture a preparation game for some of those tough playoff games in Nov. Good luck to both teams on an injury free and hard nosed but clean played game. I won't get to make the trip this week, but look forward to listening to Bobby and Coach Mickey over the air waves. Those two are a great tandem and are the main reason I take my headphones to home games. Good job guys, we all appreciate you.
Belfry is just to good.
28-14 pirates
THE KITTY CATS LITTER PAN IS A TOUGH PLACE TO GET A W BUT.If Warren and Metzer get on the same page in the passing game to compliment the run of belfry they win. 21-14
belfry over ashland by 2 , 22-20
left tacckel #65 Wrote:THE KITTY CATS LITTER PAN IS A TOUGH PLACE TO GET A W BUT.If Warren and Metzer get on the same page in the passing game to compliment the run of belfry they win. 21-14
I don't understand why you think this game is at Russell lol
left tacckel #65 Wrote:THE KITTY CATS LITTER PAN IS A TOUGH PLACE TO GET A W BUT.If Warren and Metzer get on the same page in the passing game to compliment the run of belfry they win. 21-14

Metzer, huh? We must have promoted on of those hold backs that are 17 in 8th Grade to get him on the field for this game.
AnotherPirateTD Wrote:which is the best way to get to putnam stadium from belfry?

Just mapquest directions to verity middle school in Ashland right next to each other. But coming up us 23 you'll stay on it. Make a left on 29th st in Ashland. Follow 29th st all the way to the stadium. When you come to a laundromat and a Bp station make sure you veer right not left. As right is 29th st left is Belmont.
Micro-Brew Wrote:Belfry has more speed than they have had in the past as well. Should be a very very good game. Good for Belfry to get challenged, no disrespect intended, but it has been since the Henry Clay game since that could be said. Remember win or lose, this game is about seeing how much you have improved since that game. This game along with the JC game is of course a bragging rights game, but in the bigger picture a preparation game for some of those tough playoff games in Nov. Good luck to both teams on an injury free and hard nosed but clean played game. I won't get to make the trip this week, but look forward to listening to Bobby and Coach Mickey over the air waves. Those two are a great tandem and are the main reason I take my headphones to home games. Good job guys, we all appreciate you.

Those words are kind. Having a dependable radio crew is important because a lot of people can't get to the games and they depend on a good, accurate, fairly objective call to be able to follow their team.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I don't understand why you think this game is at Russell lol

Ours is nicer than the dungeon. The Bermuda is a little better at Putnam but Henry R Evans gets the edge in everything else with the new fieldhouse and lockerrooms.

Unless old and dilapidated is what you like.
I understand the renovations will be pretty spectacular, but the current press box lacks a lot at Putnam. Legendary? Yes. Nice? Far from it.
bucslover68 Wrote:I understand the renovations will be pretty spectacular, but the current press box lacks a lot at Putnam. Legendary? Yes. Nice? Far from it.

You think the press box is bad you should check out the visitors dungeon,,,, I mean lockerroom. Not to mention the crows nest they stick the visiting coaches on.
Anyone but Ashland!!!!
Go Pond Creek!!!!
Though the game I was supposed to coach in at Putnam this year was cancelled, I've heard the visitors locker room is pretty scary. Still one of my favorite stadiums. Probably my favorite actually.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Though the game I was supposed to coach in at Putnam this year was cancelled, I've heard the visitors locker room is pretty scary. Still one of my favorite stadiums. Probably my favorite actually.

Yeah the visitor locker room is bad. A lot of teams don't use it. Should be better after renovations are made.
This should be a really good game....But i got to go with the pirates after that bad game against Henry Clay they will be ready to play..34-21 GO PIRATES!!!!!!
Ashland by 7 or more.
FBALL Wrote:Ours is nicer than the dungeon. The Bermuda is a little better at Putnam but Henry R Evans gets the edge in everything else with the new fieldhouse and lockerrooms.

Unless old and dilapidated is what you like.

Your just mad your devils can't do anything at that Grand old place (or at home) but get there asses kickedby the Tomcats for the last 5 years! Lol

Don't start this Fball you this will only get ugly-er!
BADCAT74 Wrote:Your just mad your devils can't do anything at that Grand old place (or at home) but get there asses kickedby the Tomcats for the last 5 years! Lol

Don't start this Fball you this will only get ugly-er!

It's a hole BADCAT.

I'm not mad. Ashland is a better team than Russell right now. That hasn't always been and won't always be the case.

There ain't nothin Grand about it. But it is old.

I think the Tom Kittens win this game. They have as much speed and depth as anybody.
Belfry
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Metzer, huh? We must have promoted on of those hold backs that are 17 in 8th Grade to get him on the field for this game.

Sorry i need to go back and learn to spell Messer.
Messer could play a factor in the passing game. Ashland's Secondary looks to be made up of shorter guys to my eye.
Messer is a mismatch against anyone he plays based on size alone, but they have to run plays for him. 3 catches all of last season is unacceptable to me. In the big games like Ashland, JC, and in the playoffs, two or three big pass plays can make a huge difference.
Really don't think belfry passing game is gonna be a factor. Messer my be good idk. But with no time to throw it won't matter. Ashland wins there football games along the line of scrimmage offensively and defensively. How does belfry stack up in those areas is what I think will determine the game.