Poll: Who wins the Class 5A Title game
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pulaski County
36.17%
Bowling Green
63.83%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowling Green vs Pulaski County 5A Title
Best of luck to Wayne Co. Whether you consider them a mt team or not, East Ky people have to pull for them.
This game won't be that close. Everyone in 5A besides John Hardin has been playing for runner-up all season.

Bowling Green 49
Pulaski 21
Iam4thecats Wrote:Put this in perspective if you will. Bowling Green has the #1 scoring offense in 5A. BG has the #1 scoring defense in 5A. BG played the toughest schedule in 5A. Sooooo........PC must be better, right?

You're absolutely right but, you can't put much stock in that. BG put up 91 on possibly the worst team in the state that Northern Middle could beat handily! Putting up that many points serves no purpose other than padding your stats. On the other side of that, there have only been three games this season where Johnny Hines has used the starters and regulars the entire game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
geauxtigers75 Wrote:This game won't be that close. Everyone in 5A besides John Hardin has been playing for runner-up all season.

Bowling Green 49
Pulaski 21

Did you forget that the basketball season started?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Forever Maroon Wrote:This just in .. Pulaski has canceled its trip to the state championship game. No sense in even showing up.
We all know BG is a great team with a long winning streak and state titles. All this talk about Pulaski not being worthy is nonsense! Pulaski has earned the right to play in this game! Win or lose the Maroons will represent the county with pride and class! To all the JH fans saying if they were in the east they would be in this game, what would it matter? JH still can't beat BG. Proud of this bunch of Maroons!

You know as well as I do that Pulaski hasn't gotten any respect the entire season so there's no reason for them to start getting any now! Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Pulaski could win this game and everyone outside of the county would say that it was a mistake and nothing but dumb luck or some other senseless excuse.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Both teams think they are not getting any respect and they are both probably right. I'll just let the boys decide it on the field. All this chest pounding is wearing me out.
I like BG in a running clock. If weather is really bad it will only be a 28 pt win.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:You know as well as I do that Pulaski hasn't gotten any respect the entire season so there's no reason for them to start getting any now! Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Pulaski could win this game and everyone outside of the county would say that it was a mistake and nothing but dumb luck or some other senseless excuse.

I feel your pain!

Go Maroons!!!
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:You're absolutely right but, you can't put much stock in that. BG put up 91 on possibly the worst team in the state that Northern Middle could beat handily! Putting up that many points serves no purpose other than padding your stats. On the other side of that, there have only been three games this season where Johnny Hines has used the starters and regulars the entire game.

I could be wrong but I think the starters/stars for BG only played the first half vs. Logan County. 6 turnovers and passes that turned into TD's quickly in the first half were the big bulk of the difference.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:You know as well as I do that Pulaski hasn't gotten any respect the entire season so there's no reason for them to start getting any now! Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Pulaski could win this game and everyone outside of the county would say that it was a mistake and nothing but dumb luck or some other senseless excuse.

How can you play the "no respect" card when Pulaski County has been ranked #2 in 5A for a large part of the season?
Good luck
Quickkickonthird Wrote:Best of luck to Wayne Co. Whether you consider them a mt team or not, East Ky people have to pull for them.
Go Wayne Co. Cardinals!!
Quickkickonthird Wrote:Best of luck to Wayne Co. Whether you consider them a mt team or not, East Ky people have to pull for them.

As opposed to Belfry??? Man, you can't get no farther east than Belfry!!
Confusednicker:
This game has been postponed until 3 PM Eastern on Sunday.

You can cheer for who you choose Rand McNalley... but I think EKY people geographically will side with team that is actually in EKY HAHA
It's a beautiful day here in Bowling a Green, if you are a drunk Alaskian fisherman. I'm fine with playing Sunday, but I know it's much harder on the traveling team and fans. The forecast calls for a 90% chance of rain and temps in 30's. It will still be a mess, but I guess it could be worse. It gives both teams one more day to claim superiority over each other. Enjoy all the games!
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Did you forget that the basketball season started?

Did you forget that I don't care? Sorry (not really) for telling it like it is. They'd destroy any team from the east side of 5A this season.
Throwing out all statistical assumptions (weather, home field adv., past opponents, etc.) and will be rooting in favor of Pulaski. David v. Goliath.
Defense wins championships as I hope this game is everything it's capable of being.
Pulaski 28-21
Pulaski can't play defense, and no one wins a track meet with Bowling Green . . . even in the sleet.

Bowling Green - 44

Pulaski - 12
Bowling Green should probably not be putting themselves in the same class as Highlands or the The Boyle Co teams. This team is no where near the either of those great runs. But they will have one thing in common. Their streaks ended too.
Walt Longmire Wrote:How can you play the "no respect" card when Pulaski County has been ranked #2 in 5A for a large part of the season?

All you gotta do is go back through the prediction threads throughout the season as well as some of the final score threads and some of the other district threads.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Iam4thecats Wrote:Put this in perspective if you will. Bowling Green has the #1 scoring offense in 5A. BG has the #1 scoring defense in 5A. BG played the toughest schedule in 5A. Sooooo........PC must be better, right?

If you're gonna say that I'm ignorant and a retard, you could at least grow a set and post it in this thread to let everyone see how immature you are instead of taking it to PMs!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
How much will this delay affect these 2 teams?
I'm pulling for the Maroons, but I can't see them winning this one. Bowling Green is going to be too big and athletic, in my opinion. But, Pulaski plays a lot of young kids and this could just be the beginning for them.
I don't think it will really affect the teams that much but, it definitely affects the fans. I for one, will not be able to make it to the game now that they have rescheduled. Does anyone know why they rescheduled? I wouldn't have thought it would have been that big of a deal to have 4 games in one day. Playing the game under the lights would have been awesome! IMO
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
wiseguy85 Wrote:Bowling Green should probably not be putting themselves in the same class as Highlands or the The Boyle Co teams. This team is no where near the either of those great runs. But they will have one thing in common. Their streaks ended too.

Just wondering, who is your team? I don't remember any Purple fans putting themselves in anybody's class. What makes you an authority on runs in Kemtucky history. They have the 3rd longest streak in Kentucky history and still counting. They have played some very good teams during their streak. It must be pretty darn hard to win that many games, because only 3 teams have done it. And by the way, Highlands is not one of them. Trinity and Boyle are the others. BG must not be very good because 13 geniuses picked Pulaski County to beat them in the final. Talk about no respect. I don't know if it's jealously or ignorance. I'll take the Purples 49-7.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:If you're gonna say that I'm ignorant and a retard, you could at least grow a set and post it in this thread to let everyone see how immature you are instead of taking it to PMs!

Ok. I think your comments are ignorant. Maybe you could be retarded.
Don't feel bad AP. 42 picked Wburg over Mayfield. Only 37 picked Mayfield. Everyone loves an underdog, and hates a winner. You are everyone's Super Bowl now.
I am curious and surprised by the lack of ckass from some of you you Bowling Green program. I mean on here alone I have BG fans call opposing posters ignorant and retarded. I have read some less than classy posts on Twitter from what appeared to be players (can't really tell on there who it might be). I'm a little disappointed. A team who has been this successful you would exoect a little more. I'm sure you guys will blast me for this post too. Oh well. Good luck to both teams. Safe travels to all.
wiseguy85 Wrote:I am curious and surprised by the lack of ckass from some of you you Bowling Green program. I mean on here alone I have BG fans call opposing posters ignorant and retarded. I have read some less than classy posts on Twitter from what appeared to be players (can't really tell on there who it might be). I'm a little disappointed. A team who has been this successful you would exoect a little more. I'm sure you guys will blast me for this post too. Oh well. Good luck to both teams. Safe travels to all.

Spell check not working?