•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KHSAA Releases Realignment Numbers
As long as CCH and Highlands are still in the same class, not much else matters :Cheerlead
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Tell that to Collins.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Can't honestly understand how Lex Cath would go West.....should definitely be on the eastern side of of 3A

Don't think of it as looking at a map.
You have to take the 40 or so teams in 3A and split them down the middle. When you do that, you end up with to many teams in the east.
All that's left to do is take those teams that are farthest west and place them in the west.

IMHO, I wouldn't be surprised to see the KHSAA stick the Bell/Corbin district in the west instead of the Lex Cath/Boyle district, but IMO, Lex Cath and Boyle will be in the west.
It just makes sense.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Don't think of it as looking at a map.
You have to take the 40 or so teams in 3A and split them down the middle. When you do that, you end up with to many teams in the east.
All that's left to do is take those teams that are farthest west and place them in the west.

IMHO, I wouldn't be surprised to see the KHSAA stick the Bell/Corbin district in the west instead of the Lex Cath/Boyle district, but IMO, Lex Cath and Boyle will be in the west.
It just makes sense.

can you fix what a 5A class would look like, not dist but what teams it would be
You have to rememeber that the KHSAA doesn't make sense.

It just makes sense.

I believe Boyle and Lex Cath was in the west the last time they were in 3A.

It just makes sense.

If everyone stays in class then Lex Cath and Boyle would most likely be placed in 3A D5. D5 would be losing Bath Co (2A) and Bourbon Co (4A). D5 would also probably lose Estiil and Powell to district realignment (D7 with Breathitt, Jackson, and Morgan). Boyle and LC would drop in with Western HIlls, Garrard Co, and probably Pendleton Co. With D6 mostly near I-64 in NEKY that would have geographical basis for the playoffs. The Bell/Corbin district stays the same.

Or they line it up that way and flip D4 and D5 and then make the Breathitt/Estill district D6. That also have geographical basis.
FBALL Wrote:Tell that to Collins.

I really think the new school really helped bring in a lot of top athletes and allowed for a quick and good start. They lose a lot of good players this year, so it will be interesting to see if they can stay at the same level or drop back down to average/ above average team.
sstack Wrote:I really think the new school really helped bring in a lot of top athletes and allowed for a quick and good start. They lose a lot of good players this year, so it will be interesting to see if they can stay at the same level or drop back down to average/ above average team.

Kind of like when Mercer Co. and Harrodsburg HS merged right? 1st year in 5A and they win state. Ever since then Mercer Co. has been mediocre, well till last season.
Mercer was playing 2A as 5A when they won state. Barely beat a good Russell team. Killed every team but Russell.
Mercer won state in 2A
Iam4thecats Wrote:Mercer won state in 2A

Sorry:Second: So many darn class, I forgot
sstack Wrote:I really think the new school really helped bring in a lot of top athletes and allowed for a quick and good start. They lose a lot of good players this year, so it will be interesting to see if they can stay at the same level or drop back down to average/ above average team.

You may see a down year or two occasionally but there is a lot of talent in western Shelby County, an area that is growing rapidly. Expectations won't be as high for this season but they are reloading with younger classes full of talent.
Full deck Wrote:can you fix what a 5A class would look like, not dist but what teams it would be

Its on the very first post of this thread.
I posted what the KHSAA released as each class.

5A is on there and has all of the teams classed in 5A. If nobody plays up or moves, the teams listed is what it will be. I do expect some movement though.
I could see Corbin petitioning to move up to 4A. I also wouldn't be opposed to that idea.

Corbin is arguably the most tradition rich program in the mountains and Corbin/Bell is called the "King of The Mountains". To see these teams placed in the western semi-state is too strange.
BFritz Wrote:As long as CCH and Highlands are still in the same class, not much else matters :Cheerlead

it would be extremely un-American/ un-Kentuckian to split up Highlands and Cov Cath.
Without considering any teams petitioning to play up or opting out of a district schedule, this is the best I could do for Class AA. It's a mess.

D1 – Ballard Memorial, Mayfield, Murray, Todd County Central
D2 - Butler County, Hancock County, McLean County, Owensboro Catholic, Webster County
D3 – Clinton County, Glasgow, Green County, Metcalfe County, Monroe County, Somerset
D4 – Christian Academy Louisville, DeSales, Fort Knox, Shawnee, Washington County,

D5 – Carroll County, Gallatin County, Owen County, Trimble County, Walton-Verona
D6 – Holy Cross (Covington), Lloyd Memorial, Newport, Newport Catholic
D7 – Bath County, Danville, Leslie County, Lexington Christian, Middlesboro
D8 – Allen Central, Betsy Layne, East Ridge, Prestonsburg, Shelby Valley, West Carter
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Its on the very first post of this thread.
I posted what the KHSAA released as each class.

5A is on there and has all of the teams classed in 5A. If nobody plays up or moves, the teams listed is what it will be. I do expect some movement though.

Thanks but I meant if there were only 5 classes, my fault for not being specific. Instead of 6 classes who would be in 5 classes and in 4A and 5A
Jack Lambert Wrote:I believe Boyle and Lex Cath was in the west the last time they were in 3A.

Actually Lex Cath was playing in the East Side where HHS and Cov Cath were when they were in 3A. Boyle was in a different district and the west side of the bracket.

Lex Cath and Boyle shared District in AA and since the current alignment, AAAA. :Thumbs:
HAROLD Wrote:I could see Corbin petitioning to move up to 4A. I also wouldn't be opposed to that idea.

Corbin is arguably the most tradition rich program in the mountains and Corbin/Bell is called the "King of The Mountains". To see these teams placed in the western semi-state is too strange.

I don't see Corbin as the most tradition rich program. Their heyday is long gone IMO. They have not won a State title since 1982 and won only 3 during the playoff era.
Work trip North got cancelled so I had some time. Here is my take on 3A

If everyone stays put you have many more teams west of I-75. With Boyle and LexCath moving into 3A Bell and Corbin will stay in the East. 2 of the 3 that are near 75 but still West of 75 will have to come to the East. Garrad, Casey or McCreary. My guess is that Casey and McCreary will stay with Bell and Corbin will form a district. I think Jackson maybe the 5th team in the district.

Looking at a map, which from past examples I am not sure KHSAA does, this is what I came up with.

Most of the Districts are pretty good in relation to region to each other. You do have some hard decisions with some. For example Estill and Knott being in the same district. But after all the are in the same basketball region.

District 1
Ft Campbell
P. Tilghman
Trigg Co
Union Co.
Caldwell Co

*Average travel for teams for all district games for that season 458 miles round trip

District 2
Adair Co.
Edmonson Co.
Hart Co.
Larue Co.
Elizabethtown

*Average travel for teams for all district games for that season 342 miles round trip

District 3
Central
Thomas Nelson
Bardstown
Lou. Moore
Lou. Waggner

*Average travel for teams for all district games for that season 202 miles round trip

District 4 Garrad Co.
Boyle Co
Lexington Catholic
Western Hills
Henry County

*Average travel for teams for all district games for that season 362 miles round trip

District 5
Bell Co.
Corbin
McCreary Co Cent
Jackson Co.
Casey Co.

*Average travel for teams for all district games for that season 564 miles round trip

District 6
Breathitt Co.
Knott Co Central
Magoffin Co.
Powell Co.
Estill Co.

*Average travel for teams for all district games for that season 484 miles round trip

District 7
Belfry
Lawrence Co.
Pike Central
Sheldon Clark
Morgan Co.

*Average travel for teams for all district games for that season 380 miles round trip

District 8
Russell
Lewis Co.
Fleming Co.
Pendleton Co.

*Average travel for teams for all district games for that season 376 miles round trip
Full deck Wrote:Thanks but I meant if there were only 5 classes, my fault for not being specific. Instead of 6 classes who would be in 5 classes and in 4A and 5A

Oh, yea. Give me a day or two and ill give my take on what I think the best case scenario would be.
Man, talk about some traveling to play your district games.
walterwhite Wrote:D7 – Bath County, Danville, Leslie County, Lexington Christian, Middlesboro
Man, talk about some traveling to play your district games.

I know, right? The only other options I see would mean having one very large 7-8 team district in the east.
Gitback Coach Wrote:Without considering any teams petitioning to play up or opting out of a district schedule, this is the best I could do for Class AA. It's a mess.

D1 – Ballard Memorial, Mayfield, Murray, Todd County Central
D2 - Butler County, Hancock County, McLean County, Owensboro Catholic, Webster County
D3 – Clinton County, Glasgow, Green County, Metcalfe County, Monroe County, Somerset
D4 – Christian Academy Louisville, DeSales, Fort Knox, Shawnee, Washington County,

D5 – Carroll County, Gallatin County, Owen County, Trimble County, Walton-Verona
D6 – Holy Cross (Covington), Lloyd Memorial, Newport, Newport Catholic
D8 – Allen Central, Betsy Layne, East Ridge, Prestonsburg, Shelby Valley, West Carter

With the bulk of teams in 2A being west of I-75 some big changes are going to have to take place. 4 eastern KY teams have been added with none leaving. I think this is sound. It keeps the I-71 corridor together in one region and minimizes the average travel for all teams across the state.

CLASS 2A
District 1 – Ballard Memorial, Mayfield, Webster County, Murray.
District 2 – Butler County, Hancock County, McLean County, Owensboro Catholic, Todd County Central.
District 3 – Clinton County, Glasgow, Green County, Metcalfe County, Monroe County, Somerset.
District 4 – Danville, Lexington Christian, Washington County, Ft Knox, DeSales, Shawnee.
District 5 – Holy Cross (Covington), Lloyd Memorial, Newport, Newport Central Catholic, Walton-Verona,
District 6 – Christian Academy-Louisville, Carroll County, Trimble County, Gallatin Co, Owen County.
District 7 – Bath County, West Carter, Betsy Layne, Prestonsburg, Allen Central.
District 8 – Shelby Valley, East Ridge, Middlesboro, Leslie County .
^^Agreed. Very likely I think, too.

This one and the most recent 3A prediction that was posted are what I have, too.

...on second thought, let me be more precise. I have about a 1/3 of 2A, the rest is a cluster on my end. So many different scenarios truth be told.
MERCER COUNTY
YEAR: CLASS (RECORD)
2005: 2-A (10-2) ... this was the last season prior to merger, Harrodsburg was 3-8 in class 1-A that season
2006: 2-A (15-0) ... first year of merger
2007: 5-A (5-6)
2008: 5-A (6-6)
2009: 5-A (1-10)
2010: 5-A (3-8)
2011: 4-A (5-7)
2012: 4-A (6-5)
2013: 4-A (8-5)

To be fair, Mercer would have been a top-10 2-A team in 2006 with or WITHOUT the Harrodsburg kids. Merger put them over the top. Mercer was 10-2 the season before the merger.

Mercer has also had several coaching changes the last 8 seasons.

But yeah, not many shed a tear when Mercer got moved up a class and IMMEDIATELY struggled.

Down in SOKY/WKY, people are wondering if South Warren will have "staying power" in a larger class (especially since the school it split from, Greenwood, is rather mediocre in football to be blunt, at least compared to BG and even Warren Central).
Hatz Wrote:Actually Lex Cath was playing in the East Side where HHS and Cov Cath were when they were in 3A. Boyle was in a different district and the west side of the bracket.

Lex Cath and Boyle shared District in AA and since the current alignment, AAAA. :Thumbs:

Hatz you are correct my memory must be slipping.:Thumbs:
Jack Lambert Wrote:Hatz you are correct my memory must be slipping.:Thumbs:

Your mind is slipping you cause your getting old brotherConfusednicker:
cksportsfan Wrote:MERCER COUNTY
YEAR: CLASS (RECORD)
2005: 2-A (10-2) ... this was the last season prior to merger, Harrodsburg was 3-8 in class 1-A that season
2006: 2-A (15-0) ... first year of merger
2007: 5-A (5-6)
2008: 5-A (6-6)
2009: 5-A (1-10)
2010: 5-A (3-8)
2011: 4-A (5-7)
2012: 4-A (6-5)
2013: 4-A (8-5)

To be fair, Mercer would have been a top-10 2-A team in 2006 with or WITHOUT the Harrodsburg kids. Merger put them over the top. Mercer was 10-2 the season before the merger.

Mercer has also had several coaching changes the last 8 seasons.

But yeah, not many shed a tear when Mercer got moved up a class and IMMEDIATELY struggled.

Down in SOKY/WKY, people are wondering if South Warren will have "staying power" in a larger class (especially since the school it split from, Greenwood, is rather mediocre in football to be blunt, at least compared to BG and even Warren Central).

Yep.

And, what most don't realize is 8 or 9 of those kids on defense in 2006 were all Mercer County kids. Their defense that year was as lights out as their offense was at scoring.

I would have liked to have seen two things that year:

1) How they would have done in 3A. Gotten past Bowling Green? Who knows. It would have been a heck of a game, I know that.

2) How they would have done in 2A. Part of me thinks they would have gotten to the finals..won it, who knows? I saw their two games vs. Larue County in the region finals that year and vs. Owensboro Catholic in the semis & they were nothing short of pistol whippings to be honest. Upfront, on defense and the kids that shined those games from an offensive standpoint were the fullback who was a Mercer County kid and the QB who was a Mercer County kid.

The fell off in 2007, but won their 5A district in 08. While they went 5-6 that year, they did have one really good win vs. a Greenville, TN team who was and still is a 4A power down there (they were 4A Semifinalists in TN that year), only to lose to them by a TD in 2008 @ their place.

Their margin of defeat in those two years was ridiculous, too. In 2007, they lost something like 5 of their 6 ballgames by 16 or 17 points. They were literally 5 plays away from a 10-0 2007 season as crazy as they may sound.....2 point loss, three point loss, five point loss, two point, one point. Crazy. The same in 2008 when they were 5A district champs, including a 1 point loss in the 2nd round on a FG with time running out.

I've always found it funny how Harlan County was playing down a couple classes their first two years before being bumped to 5A ( I think they were 3A their first couple years after merger). Granted they were 3A and went to 5, where Mercer was 2A (still the four class system when they won it), then went to 5. Two classes too big, three classes to big...green jacket, yellow jacket...who gives a Sh1t. lol Funny how some react to those who win it all and those who don't.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next