Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Head coach at Knott Co.
Yes chapman is the new coach!
Steve Hollon won more games in 2 years than yall had in the previous 6 years almost. and you ran the man off. good luck to you all I really do mean that but wake up and get a grip! start supporting football because you HAVE NOT BEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Eagle has landed Wrote:how many asst coaches you have in the building? how many payed asst coaches? how much is the pay for asst? you are getting ready to make my point for me!!!

The way you were talking you already knew all the questions you asked! You have no clue ! Our facilities are good, the pay for both head coach and assistants is comparable to surrounding schools. KCC is like all other schools ln the area have a set number of paid assistants and rely on volunteer coaches. The administration has always supported football, we have struggled in football probaly the same as your school has struggled in basketball and baseball. BTW I know more about KCC football than anyone.
listen I am not trying to dog out knott co. I am just telling you you cannot compare yourself against schools around you. You have to do more for coaches their to get them to come there!!! you have to pay more than Perry, hazard etc because you have no tradition and knott co. aint like living in hazard or Pikeville sorry it aint!!!! and no you don't have facilities like perry hazard, Prestonsburg etc... you just don't and that is a fact!!!!
and you all have poured everything into your hoops team and everybody around you all knows it!!!
how many quality coaches you think you all are going to get there after you ran off a man that has had more success there than anyone in the last 20 years?
I agree with The Eagle has Landed. To turn Knott County football around you're going to have to keep some consistency in the program. Keep a head man there for more than two years before you run him off. Look at Lewis County football the last few years. We were in the same boat as you all for a while.

2006 Brandon Combs: 2-8
2007 Brandon Combs: 1-9
2008 Josh Hughes: 1-9
2009 Josh Hughes: 4-7
2010 Josh Hughes: 3-7
2011 Josh Hughes: 8-3
2012 Josh Hughes: 4-7
2013 Josh Hughes: 7-4
2014 Josh Hughes: 5-5

Not saying Lewis is a model for Knott to follow but give a coach a chance! Let the players grow some confidence and trust in the coach and make sure they are buying in to his system. You can't improve a program by getting rid of coaches every two years! It takes more time than that for kids to really get comfortable for a coach and want to play for him.
LClion4life Wrote:I agree with The Eagle has Landed. To turn Knott County football around you're going to have to keep some consistency in the program. Keep a head man there for more than two years before you run him off. Look at Lewis County football the last few years. We were in the same boat as you all for a while.

2006 Brandon Combs: 2-8
2007 Brandon Combs: 1-9
2008 Josh Hughes: 1-9
2009 Josh Hughes: 4-7
2010 Josh Hughes: 3-7
2011 Josh Hughes: 8-3
2012 Josh Hughes: 4-7
2013 Josh Hughes: 7-4
2014 Josh Hughes: 5-5

Not saying Lewis is a model for Knott to follow but give a coach a chance! Let the players grow some confidence and trust in the coach and make sure they are buying in to his system. You can't improve a program by getting rid of coaches every two years! It takes more time than that for kids to really get comfortable for a coach and want to play for him.

First of all Steve Hollon is a good man that I have a lot of respect for as a coach. With that being said He RESIGNED, not fired not run off as you say! Its a matter of public record how much is given to any athletic program, so go compare every public school in KY . Don't rely on what you see and what you WANT to hear! No we dont have synthetic turf like Hazard, Perry, or Prestonsburg, but we like what we have! Would a moderator please close this thread, it serves no purpose.
well y did he resign? BECAUSE OF SUPPORT!!!! wake up and stop crying about this thread I and other are simple telling you what you cant see, if you want to bring in coaches you have to give them a reason to come there. and I have seen your place walk in the gym and then go out to the football field. enough said
But really have they hired someone?
I would have to say hollon had all the support of kcb every time a job came open he acted like he was leaving the first year the kids bought in to him and this past season it went down hill fast before se of games he give up on his team and they knew it so it is not all of knotts or the kids ask old roundabout he knows all about it
Its interesting to look at the list of coaches that were posted. Only one of those listed were from Knott County. Interesting it is. Their other sports are coached by people from Knott County and in the school system and they have had a lot of success in those sports. Just can't figure out why Knott County has to go outside of the county for their high school football coach especially since the coaches that ranged from 3rd/4th all the way up has had great seasons. Just saying..... Also you are correct killerb, Hollon quit, not fired or ran off. If indeed Chapman was hired, I have heard that he plans on retiring in two years. Not sure if that is true or not, but if it is, there will still be no consistency for this program. I agree, you have to have the kids trust/respect. Its hard to give respect though when you don't get it in return. I just know that you cannot believe everything you hear. People will tell you what they want you to believe and most of that is nonsense. Exactly what kind of support are you talking about The Eagle Has Landed just out of shear curiosity????
John Paul Chapman has accepted the head coaching job at Knott County, so this thread really doesn't serve a purpose any longer. This has been confirmed by Knott and Perry Central.
i give up you guys go ahead and hire the 3rd grade coach that is from Knott co. GOOD LUCK
Great hire for KCC...I know many people don't like Chapman but he puts up with no crap from players or parents and he actually treats his players pretty good regardless of what some whiny parents say on here. Prolly the beat hire they could have made. Just hope the people but into his program and Knott will be just fine.
If Chapman is the headman, I can really for see Knott winning district within 3-4 years.
Real Badman Wrote:If Chapman is the headman, I can really for see Knott winning district within 3-4 years.

I really don't like Chapman as a man. but as a coach he's above average. Knott will win district in 2016. As weak as the district is heck maybe even next year.
I dont care if you bring in Nick Saben to Knott County, kids still aint gonna play football. They sure aint going to play for a person with a horrible personality like Chapman. They will continue to win 2-3 games a year in the weakest district in North America. Anyone can be a good coach when you have good players but lets see how he does starting from scratch.
The only way Knott Co don't improve in a hurry is if the current/future players and parents don't wanna win and do what it takes.... They have no excuse.... They have a coach now that is as good with X's and O's as anyone around! He lacks in personality and the ability do what's politically correct. But, if you want to win, step back and watch. Knott will have no excuse for leadership and knowledge of the game now......
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:I dont care if you bring in Nick Saben to Knott County, kids still aint gonna play football. They sure aint going to play for a person with a horrible personality like Chapman. They will continue to win 2-3 games a year in the weakest district in North America. Anyone can be a good coach when you have good players but lets see how he does starting from scratch.

Oh really if Nick Saban was the coach you wouldn't send your son there? I sure as He** would.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:I dont care if you bring in Nick Saben to Knott County, kids still aint gonna play football. They sure aint going to play for a person with a horrible personality like Chapman. They will continue to win 2-3 games a year in the weakest district in North America. Anyone can be a good coach when you have good players but lets see how he does starting from scratch.

I'm sure he thought the same thing about Pike Central too. Chris McNamee didn't win but 4 games a year during his tenure, and Chapman the first year takes them to the regional championship. The talent level at Pike Co Central and Knott Co Central is a little different, but at Knott, Chapman won't be playing Sheldon Clark, Lawrence County, and Belfry.
Lawrence County and Sheldon Clark WOW!!!!!! What powerhouse programs. LMAO. Belfry would be the only true L on the schedule at Pike Central. Knott is in the Stone Age compared to Pike Central in the football world.
Good for Knott Co. they got them a football coach! Now if you parents are looking for a dance coach that will pat your little babies on the fanny and tell them it is ok if they mess up and don't listen to the coach and do their on thing then you wont like chapman!!! But if you want a football coach not a soccer coach then you got a winner! You girls that complain on here about coaches being mean go play tennis!!!!!!!!!
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Lawrence County and Sheldon Clark WOW!!!!!! What powerhouse programs. LMAO. Belfry would be the only true L on the schedule at Pike Central. Knott is in the Stone Age compared to Pike Central in the football world.

I can't determine if you're trying to be condescending or if you're just plain stupid. Sheldon Clark was in the state semi's 5 years ago. Lawrence has traditionally been a strong program, and didn't Pike County Central lose to Lawrence County anyway? Also, lets not forget where most of Pike Central's players transferred from. One could definitely argue that when McNamee left Pike Central they weren't much better than Knott County, from a historic program mind frame, and if not for Chapman they would still be a bottom dweller of 3A.
What about someone from Breathitt County calling someone stupid. Very funny. Glad you still remember Chapmans glory years. Why dont they use BCDC as a football recruiting camp any more?
Bulldogs forever...remember his glory years when just a year ago his team was in the regional finals against Belfry. Why would you be worried about the BCDC anyways. Not like it played a huge factor into the program. Thomas was on the state championship team and only had 8 TDs.....I've been around Breathitt football for a very very long time and I must say I respect all the young men that went through the program. Even in its down years. I take nothing away from kids that battled back in both state title games to win Breathitts first titles. Or the 2002 team that just flat out stomped people. Even Andre Woodson remembers that Bobcat uniform. The hometown boys brought the STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS back to Jackson. It didn't take recruiting from BCDC.
Smh at this bulldog guy...... Bulldogs didn't want none of the Bobcats in the 90s and early 2000s .. There fans are always the best at puttin others down.. While they don't seem to have much trouble filling their rosters.. You might jus be a lil afraid chapman might schedule you in a year or so....
Also. If there was such a thing as a PCDC I'm sure Hazard would have a few more 1A championships as well..... Wait, that might move them up to 2a...
Congratulations to Knott on attracting an experienced coach with a track record of success. Back in the late-90s, Jay Cobb proved that the Patriot program can succeed, but it's a delicate proposition requiring total community and team buy-in.

I wish the new staff and players all the success they can earn.
Take that name with a grain of salt though. Cobb is working for Bob Beatty now.