•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County hires Justin Combs
The Eagle has landed Wrote:listen you people on here talking about teaching and all that crap lets get real here no head coach gets fired because of his teaching so knock that crap off!!!!!! you want a head ball coach or an scientist? if he was a great teacher and bad football coach you would fire his butt in a heart beat, BUT if he was a bad teacher and won 10 games he would be the greatest thing since sliced bread so ENOUGH WITH THE TEACHING CRAP that some of you holier than thou on here are saying. GET BEHIND THE GUY AND GIVE HIM A CHANCE!!! and don't come back with some bs about teaching and all that, the day you keep a head coach that wins 4 games in 3 years but is the best teacher in the building THEN YOU CAN TALK THAT SMACK!!!! I have 2 friends that are head coaches and they chase there tales 16 hours a day with ball much less having to teach to. until you have been a head coach you have no idea what it takes so knock the crap off.

This statement is awful. No going to mention his coaching ability at all, but the primary roll is to be a teacher. And yes football coaches have been fired before for their in classroom behavior. Not every football coach is a PE, ISS, or Drivers Ed teacher.
Guys, Everyone in Clay County supports Coach Combs. These people that are on here are just wanting to start S**T. If Combs is worth his salt.... he would be motivated by this and we think he is the man. GREAT HIRE and we needed a fresh start. Go Big Clay!!
Combs is a great teacher also. I'm sure at pike he was tired of the 1 hour and 30 minute drive everyday. He had a newborn at the time which we all know that have kids is rough. He transferred sick days to magoffin county because he didn't use all of the at pike. So he was there. Special ed English scores are available to you for those of you researchers out there and they went up. So I think that vouches for his teaching. In special ed is a tough job anyways. Your their parent, friend and teacher all in one. Home life usually isn't very well. They are some exceptions but most kids are in rough home lives. So I will never knock a special ed teacher. Their jobs are rigorous. Paperwork is rough too. Just want to say thanks to all the special ed teachers out there. Combs is that way. This makes him laugh I'm sure if he reads this stuff. He will take everything said and add it to his mission to build that program the way it needs to be.
Real Badman Wrote:This statement is awful. No going to mention his coaching ability at all, but the primary roll is to be a teacher. And yes football coaches have been fired before for their in classroom behavior. Not every football coach is a PE, ISS, or Drivers Ed teacher.

not one that won 7 8 or 9 games. get in the real world buddy. And coaches that teach PE and Drivers Ed have a college degree!!!!!! And the two coaches I know have PE degrees and a second major so don't give me that crap about PE people are stupid.
Rising star?
The Eagle has landed Wrote:not one that won 7 8 or 9 games. get in the real world buddy. And coaches that teach PE and Drivers Ed have a college degree!!!!!! And the two coaches I know have PE degrees and a second major so don't give me that crap about PE people are stupid.

What about Mike Holcomb? I'm sure KDE could care less how many state titles he won, or how many 10 win seasons he had at Breathitt. When the school/teacher/students aren't up to academic par, heads will fall. Holcomb saw that and got out of dodge.
Granny Bear Wrote:[Image: https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/image...ivsr3Xieog]

That reminds me of coach combs! Haha good one!
bobcatsfan Wrote:D coordinator may be coming from Belfry!!!!not for certain but that's who Combs is meeting up with tomorrow.

Not sure who this could be?? Do you have a name??
Jones. Has no chance at moving up. Don't know if they will let him bring in anyone in my honest opinion. But Combs still talked with him about it and hopefully they can do something together.
Real Badman Wrote:What about Mike Holcomb? I'm sure KDE could care less how many state titles he won, or how many 10 win seasons he had at Breathitt. When the school/teacher/students aren't up to academic par, heads will fall. Holcomb saw that and got out of dodge.

Holcomb saw that it was going to be taken over by people from the state that could care less about sports. And weather you or anybody else thinks sports is a minimal part of school you are kidding yourself. They don't spend millions on new gyms or football stadiums because the biology club is going to use them!!! Sports in our society today is a major part of life period cut. I am trying to say school is an after thought because I don't think any coach would tell kids that but if you think a coach that wins 5 games in 4 years will keep his job because he is a great person and teacher you are in another world than the rest of us.
The Eagle has landed Wrote:Holcomb saw that it was going to be taken over by people from the state that could care less about sports. And weather you or anybody else thinks sports is a minimal part of school you are kidding yourself. They don't spend millions on new gyms or football stadiums because the biology club is going to use them!!! Sports in our society today is a major part of life period cut. I am trying to say school is an after thought because I don't think any coach would tell kids that but if you think a coach that wins 5 games in 4 years will keep his job because he is a great person and teacher you are in another world than the rest of us.

Are you seriously telling me that you advocate for poorer teachers in secondary schools if they're good football coaches? There is a reason countries such as Iceland, Slovakia, and Portugal are beating the United States in world education rankings in literacy and mathematics. It's because of that attitude. I don't know what Bob Beatty teaches, but I bet the people at Louisville Trinity take their education pretty serious. I'm all for competitive sports and good athletics, but never at the cost of academia. That is plain barbaric.
TheTigersEye Wrote:You'll get ran out of this thread and nasty private messages talking like that here man. Lol

All ready getting pm's....LOL. But I speak truthfully and factually.

I can't believe the one of transferred sick days......another tale....LOL.

But good luck! Remember, I told you so, and you were right about the messages.....:biglmao:
The Eagle seems to have small town rural appalachia football confused with win at all cost down south football. One's an apple and another is an orange, The money and win at all cost attitude is not there in probably greater than 90% of Kentucky high school programs, principals are more concerned with their test scores than winning football games, While I agree sports play a huge part in the atmosphere of schools, it is not more important than education, with finances and expectations put on schools the way they are now, there is no way a football coach can just coach and not bring anything to the table in the school, I think those days are going to be a thing of the past within the next 10 years. At many of these rural schools, they are never going to win, no matter who the coach is, too many other factors are involved, a good coach may be the difference in winning 4 games when a team should have won 2 but thats about it. There will always be some exceptions to the rule, but those are just that, exceptions, not the norm. It's not like adding a coach is an automatic fix, as I have said before Dale Mueller had a losing record coaching in Cincinnati, think it was him or his location that was more to blame for that? Should he have been fired? Seems to have done well when the tools where put in front of him. It's not like these small town schools including Clay are coming up with these huge college/pro type salaries and throwing money at the coaches. They can't and won't in most cases. If you think Combs is coming in to Clay County is suddenly going to turn a program into a yearly perennial power thats just not going to be the case, He will have ups, he will have downs, so would anybody else there, He will struggle to fill out the coaching staff with quality help from what he has to choose from, just not alot of football knowledge walking around the streets of Manchester. They are not going to let him bring guys in to coach, and guys are not going to come there to coach without teaching jobs, I would be suprised if he can get more than one guy a job if even that. I hope the guy has success early, he hasn't done anything yet and people are already ripping the decision. I've heard several people say that they are expecting an immediate fix, and that they believe coaching was the reason we werent winning last season, It will be a difficult process to quiet the crowd.
Spuds Wrote:All ready getting pm's....LOL. But I speak truthfully and factually.

I can't believe the one of transferred sick days......another tale....LOL.

But good luck! Remember, I told you so, and you were right about the messages.....:biglmao:

Told ya brother haha been down that road on here, better not have a different opinion or somebody will msg you and tell you why you're wrong or starting trouble without backing up any of their beliefs with facts. Some would like to have you believe that Combs is in fact that awesome The committee done a very thorough job sorting candidates and that 110% of Clay County is behind the decision. Kinda similiar to some good old fashioned North Korea Propaganda haha, those 3-4 guys in power that ultimately made the decision say its true so that leaves no other alternative better not have a functioning fact based perception of the hire that'll get ya in trouble. I still think Eddie Smith should have been the guy too logical of a choice.
Real Badman Wrote:Are you seriously telling me that you advocate for poorer teachers in secondary schools if they're good football coaches? There is a reason countries such as Iceland, Slovakia, and Portugal are beating the United States in world education rankings in literacy and mathematics. It's because of that attitude. I don't know what Bob Beatty teaches, but I bet the people at Louisville Trinity take their education pretty serious. I'm all for competitive sports and good athletics, but never at the cost of academia. That is plain barbaric.

What? are you serious you think Bob Beatty teaches! You truly have no idea do you he has no classes he is there to win football games that's what they pay him for. And you say they are beating us in education you are right it is because of attitudes ATTITUDES of parents and legislation where teachers and principals hands are tied you cant discipline certain students anymore. I am not advocating (so don't put words in my mouth since I can tell you are anti coach anything) poor teachers or coaches that are poor teachers but you have no idea the hours that coaches put in. And coaches dang sure aren't the reason we are behind in education if anything coaches are one of the reasons we have a chance in education.
DarthVader Wrote:The Eagle seems to have small town rural appalachia football confused with win at all cost down south football. One's an apple and another is an orange, The money and win at all cost attitude is not there in probably greater than 90% of Kentucky high school programs, principals are more concerned with their test scores than winning football games, While I agree sports play a huge part in the atmosphere of schools, it is not more important than education, with finances and expectations put on schools the way they are now, there is no way a football coach can just coach and not bring anything to the table in the school, I think those days are going to be a thing of the past within the next 10 years. At many of these rural schools, they are never going to win, no matter who the coach is, too many other factors are involved, a good coach may be the difference in winning 4 games when a team should have won 2 but thats about it. There will always be some exceptions to the rule, but those are just that, exceptions, not the norm. It's not like adding a coach is an automatic fix, as I have said before Dale Mueller had a losing record coaching in Cincinnati, think it was him or his location that was more to blame for that? Should he have been fired? Seems to have done well when the tools where put in front of him. It's not like these small town schools including Clay are coming up with these huge college/pro type salaries and throwing money at the coaches. They can't and won't in most cases. If you think Combs is coming in to Clay County is suddenly going to turn a program into a yearly perennial power thats just not going to be the case, He will have ups, he will have downs, so would anybody else there, He will struggle to fill out the coaching staff with quality help from what he has to choose from, just not alot of football knowledge walking around the streets of Manchester. They are not going to let him bring guys in to coach, and guys are not going to come there to coach without teaching jobs, I would be suprised if he can get more than one guy a job if even that. I hope the guy has success early, he hasn't done anything yet and people are already ripping the decision. I've heard several people say that they are expecting an immediate fix, and that they believe coaching was the reason we werent winning last season, It will be a difficult process to quiet the crowd.

Who said anything about down south win at all cost? And if you look at studies they show that if you start the year off with your football team winning everything goes smother in the school. Several studies out there on that. So if you want to be bad or mediocre heap a bunch of school stuff on a head coach like the biology teacher who rolls to the house at 3:15 everyday.(and don't say that I am saying teachers don't work because I know they do but they are at least home with their families) I do know that coaches at most Kentucky school teach and all that stuff but if you give someone a job to do and you are going to demand he wins or he will be fired then GIVE HIM WHAT HE NEEDS TO DO THE JOB!!!! And I don't wont to hear that bullcrap about he is getting paid and he knew what he was getting into bull either he aint getting paid mini wages if you count up the hours and that is not during school hours. I am going to close by saying my two friends that are head coaches have children and they have spent so many more hours with other peoples children helping them try and be successful that they have not spent with their own kids. I once heard a college football coach say in the month of August he saw his children at home awake twice!!!! they had to come to the office and see him. I know high school coaches see their children more than that but some of you have no clue what it is like to coach. I sort of do because I see what my friends go through when people cuss them from the stands and blame them for little Johnny dropping that game winning TD.
I am hearing the admin is going to balance the budget for football and wipe the debt clean and pump some money in the program. I am hearing they are redoing their weight room, I have heard lots of money being thrower around. go football
^I hope this is true to an extent.With the right coordinators and staff around him,they may have a great season.Combs took the job and fans need to give him the chances he deserves!Period.
TrueTigerfan Wrote:I am hearing the admin is going to balance the budget for football and wipe the debt clean and pump some money in the program. I am hearing they are redoing their weight room, I have heard lots of money being thrower around. go football
My close personal friend Tigercreek once told me that I've heard or I've been told makes us second class citizens.lol.
The Breathitt County Pipeline of Coaches just keeps on getting longer and longer.
^truestory........ That means we know football here in good ol BC
Does anyone know who Jackson co hired as their ftball coach??
Read that Our new coach is going to have a freshman and JV team. This will build a program.
Exciting time everyone.
I believe they will be playing Corbin and all that bunch in the SEKC freshman and JV conference.
TrueTigerfan Wrote:Does anyone know who Jackson co hired as their ftball coach??
Read that Our new coach is going to have a freshman and JV team. This will build a program.
Exciting time everyone.

Some fellow by the name of Clay Dalton I believe. Not real sure if he is the HC though.
Good Luck to Coach Combs and Clay County Football.
TrueTigerfan Wrote:I am hearing the admin is going to balance the budget for football and wipe the debt clean and pump some money in the program. I am hearing they are redoing their weight room, I have heard lots of money being thrower around. go football

If the Superintendent enjoys his position and wants to stay in the role that probably isnt going to happen, would be good if it could but with money the way it is I am thinking its a pipedream.
Yeah I agree with Darth on this one...school is more important than football. But if it happens great. Just don't see the super pouring money into a sport when other things are more important.
I just dont see where they are gonna get the money from to put in it.
Coach Combs is picking his assistants. Smart choice. I've got a feeling some are going to be very surprised at his staff.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next