Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel @ Pulaski county
Pulaski counties offense keeps their selves off the field. They score in two or three plays.:Cheerlead
E's Army Wrote:NL will have to run their ground and pound and keep Pulaski's offense off the field to have a chance.

I get so confused but it don't matter anyway I guess since we aren't coaching but at first NL had to throw to win games now they need to revert back and ground and pound to win games. Im not calling you out E but it seems like no matter what NL has been doing someone always has thinks they should be doing opposite. Go Jags, shock the world! Because if you don't its because you played a weak schedule, didn't throw enough and didn't run enough. Just hoping NL can hang in for 2 quarters at least. :igiveup:
HG_Bullfrogs Wrote:I get so confused but it don't matter anyway I guess since we aren't coaching but at first NL had to throw to win games now they need to revert back and ground and pound to win games. Im not calling you out E but it seems like no matter what NL has been doing someone always has thinks they should be doing opposite. Go Jags, shock the world! Because if you don't its because you played a weak schedule, didn't throw enough and didn't run enough. Just hoping NL can hang in for 2 quarters at least. :igiveup:

North Laurel will get grounded and pounded :trolldad:
Afraid my Jags gets Thumped, great season for us though
Trophy Room Wrote:You're silly, they might have walk on offers but not full rides to any of the schools you mentioned. Their both excellent high school players and both will play on Saturdays if they choose, but not major D1.
You know nothing about it. No way those 2 are walking on anywhere. Now jump up and down turnaround and :gtfo: Maroons 56 NL 13
I dont know why people get all tore up with somebody saying what strategy north should use. I dont think e army saying never throw the ball but if you have seen pulaski play you would know what he means. long time consuming drives that ends up with a score is what north needs. pulaski offense has to be limited in touches. pulaski scored every time they had the ball against lincoln except for the knee at the end. basically did same thing to sw and everybody else they played. good luck jags hope you pull it off.
Frozen Tundra Wrote:You know nothing about it. No way those 2 are walking on anywhere. Now jump up and down turnaround and :gtfo: Maroons 56 NL 13
I agree. Hall and Johnson are 2 special players that dont come around very often. Hall has set numerous school records and is a very smart QB and can hurt you with his arm or legs. Johnson I think is about to own the all time state reception record. Nobody better catching the ball in traffic. Cant imagine either one not getting a full D1 ride somewhere. UK needs to do their homework.
ky playmaker Wrote:I dont know why people get all tore up with somebody saying what strategy north should use. I dont think e army saying never throw the ball but if you have seen pulaski play you would know what he means. long time consuming drives that ends up with a score is what north needs. pulaski offense has to be limited in touches. pulaski scored every time they had the ball against lincoln except for the knee at the end. basically did same thing to sw and everybody else they played. good luck jags hope you pull it off.

I said I wasn't really calling him out
Just trying to make a point really that every week no matter what NL has done they should do something else. I think it is funny really because in the end it does not matter we all just talk it up anyway. I was not tore up just talking and agree that Pulaski does not need the ball, heck I say onside kick every time too beginning at the game HAHAHA
Jaxkait Wrote:Please don't judge Pulaski based on the few that get on here and play around! Yes some get a bit excited but it's all in fun! Pulaski really has some good kids.

I have stated all year long how good Pulaski County is this year. I have not mentioned my Purples once in over a month because this year Owensboro is about as good as the Purples. I think both teams can play with and probably beat PC, but We won't know which team it will be until tonight. I know I probably rubbed some people the wrong way the last 4 years, so I thought I'd give you guys a break from my arrogance until I was sure about my team. To be fair, there is no shortage of arrogance on the eastern side of the state, either. We are all proud of our teams. Good luck tonight.
Frozen Tundra Wrote:You know nothing about it. No way those 2 are walking on anywhere. Now jump up and down turnaround and :gtfo: Maroons 56 NL 13

I never said they would have to walk-on to play college football, they will have to walk on to be on a D1 roster. I'm not knocking the kids, they both are as good as advertised. They will get their college paid for, just not at the level you think. PC has 10-12 players that fall in the same category, D2,D3,NAIA.
adopted purple Wrote:I have stated all year long how good Pulaski County is this year. I have not mentioned my Purples once in over a month because this year Owensboro is about as good as the Purples. I think both teams can play with and probably beat PC, but We won't know which team it will be until tonight. I know I probably rubbed some people the wrong way the last 4 years, so I thought I'd give you guys a break from my arrogance until I was sure about my team. To be fair, there is no shortage of arrogance on the eastern side of the state, either. We are all proud of our teams. Good luck tonight.
Its called being a fan!
Trophy Room Wrote:I never said they would have to walk-on to play college football, they will have to walk on to be on a D1 roster. I'm not knocking the kids, they both are as good as advertised. They will get their college paid for, just not at the level you think. PC has 10-12 players that fall in the same category, D2,D3,NAIA.

I don't think you understand, these two kids (hall &Johnson) have already been offered scholarships from these schools. If you believe it or not really doesn't matter!
Jaxkait Wrote:I don't think you understand, these two kids (hall &Johnson) have already been offered scholarships from these schools. If you believe it or not really doesn't matter!

I don't think you understand, you're losing credibility every time you say this, cause it just isn't true. If either had such offers, the local media in Somerset would already had it on the front page of the local newspaper. As far as them playing D1, not gonna happen.:truestory:
Trophy Room Wrote:I don't think you understand, you're losing credibility every time you say this, cause it just isn't true. If either had such offers, the local media in Somerset would already had it on the front page of the local newspaper. As far as them playing D1, not gonna happen.:truestory:
If your worried about credibility yours is already gone! No it's not front page news when a kid gets offers! It's when they choose where their going that makes the front page! If you don't think these kids will go D1 you really don't know anything about Football in general! FYI Hall and A Daulton from SW are listed as top 50 players in the state! If you don't think Daulton will go D1 you really don't know anything!
Trophy Room Wrote:I don't think you understand, you're losing credibility every time you say this, cause it just isn't true. If either had such offers, the local media in Somerset would already had it on the front page of the local newspaper. As far as them playing D1, not gonna happen.:truestory:
You wont find a better QB or reciever in the state. Whether that leads to D1 scholarship or not..I dont know but would be shocked if it doesnt happen along with their Kicker and Im real impressed with #44 and #16 and their RB. Great team. Only way I see PC losing is if they dont protect the football and turn the ball over 4-5 times and someone capitalizes on those but who knows. Thats why they play the game.
Jaxkait Wrote:If your worried about credibility yours is already gone! No it's not front page news when a kid gets offers! It's when they choose where their going that makes the front page! If you don't think these kids will go D1 you really don't know anything about Football in general! FYI Hall and A Daulton from SW are listed as top 50 players in the state! If you don't think Daulton will go D1 you really don't know anything!

Aaron Smith, a few years ago at PC was also a top 50 player in the state, maybe you can remind me where he's playing D1 football. How many D1 players do you think this state produces each year? I don't care if their on a state top 10 list, they don't have those offers.
Woody Hayes Wrote:You wont find a better QB or reciever in the state. Whether that leads to D1 scholarship or not..I dont know but would be shocked if it doesnt happen along with their Kicker and Im real impressed with #44 and #16 and their RB. Great team. Only way I see PC losing is if they dont protect the football and turn the ball over 4-5 times and someone capitalizes on those but who knows. Thats why they play the game.

The kicker will not get a D 1 scholarship, he may get a preferred walkon but D1 scholarships are not given out but maybe in the very rare occasion. Kickers have to earn scholarships after walking on.
Woody Hayes Wrote:You wont find a better QB or reciever in the state. Whether that leads to D1 scholarship or not..I dont know but would be shocked if it doesnt happen along with their Kicker and Im real impressed with #44 and #16 and their RB. Great team. Only way I see PC losing is if they dont protect the football and turn the ball over 4-5 times and someone capitalizes on those but who knows. Thats why they play the game.

If the KHSAA declared Pulaski under double secret probation, and part of their punishment was the opposing coach could pick two players from PC that couldn't play as a punishment. I would obviously pick Riley Hall but my second choice would be the kicker. Burkett is a weapon that takes PC to the next level.
Trophy Room Wrote:Aaron Smith, a few years ago at PC was also a top 50 player in the state, maybe you can remind me where he's playing D1 football. How many D1 players do you think this state produces each year? I don't care if their on a state top 10 list, they don't have those offers.

Thank you for showing what you know about Pulaski Co sports, Aaron was a great Football player but he was an even better Baseball player! He decided to play baseball instead and yes a D1 full ride! I've had fun proving you wrong but I must get back to work!
Game Day, and the JAGS get to play!! What a Awesome season this team is having!! Woody Hayes comment is spot on "That's why they play the game." Wishing the winner of this one to be 2015 5A State Champions!! "BELIEVE" JAGS, YES YOU CAN!! Here's to a injury free game for the JAGS & Maroons! God Bless & Go JAGS!!! :redboxer:
WOW, maybe Im reading it wrong but I got a jump start on the preview of the matchup in both local papers and for some reason Pulaski paper is very angry and sarcastic toward North, whereas the London paper seems to do nothing but give PC all the credit in the world.

Check them both out and see if its just me.

Commonwealth Journal- Pulaski
Sentinel Echo - London
HG_Bullfrogs Wrote:I said I wasn't really calling him out
Just trying to make a point really that every week no matter what NL has done they should do something else. I think it is funny really because in the end it does not matter we all just talk it up anyway. I was not tore up just talking and agree that Pulaski does not need the ball, heck I say onside kick every time too beginning at the game HAHAHA

Actually that wouldn't be a bad idea.
Forever Maroon Wrote:North Laurel will get to see Riley Hall up close this Friday. All the talk of "We are better than last year and PC only beat us by 2 last year" is all well and good but, you realize Riley did not play in that game and North STILL couldn't beat PC. This will be the first game since week 2 that PC will be at 100% full strength. That's just scary! I've said all year North Laurel is a very good team and better than most gave them credit for. They are going to run into, not goodness but, GREATNESS Friday night. Remember, his name is Riley.. Hall. Good luck with that

Just had to point out Hall got to see North Laurel's defense lead by Jake Mcwhorter, up close and personal tonight!
Blitzer Wrote:Just had to point out Hall got to see North Laurel's defense lead by Jake Mcwhorter, up close and personal tonight!

No, he got to stand on the sideline and watch North Laurel's offense the entire 1st half. PC was not stopped on offense tonight. They had the ball 6 plays of the 1st half with 2 drops for TD. The second half PC scored every time they touched it, until they ran out the clock inside the 5 to end the game. Give a ton of credit to the NL offense and special teams keeping the ball away from PC. But to say the defense did anything to stop PC is not accurate.
HG_Bullfrogs Wrote:I get so confused but it don't matter anyway I guess since we aren't coaching but at first NL had to throw to win games now they need to revert back and ground and pound to win games. Im not calling you out E but it seems like no matter what NL has been doing someone always has thinks they should be doing opposite. Go Jags, shock the world! Because if you don't its because you played a weak schedule, didn't throw enough and didn't run enough. Just hoping NL can hang in for 2 quarters at least. :igiveup:
Ground and Pound was the strategy they used and almost pulled it out.
Forever Maroon Wrote:No, he got to stand on the sideline and watch North Laurel's offense the entire 1st half. PC was not stopped on offense tonight. They had the ball 6 plays of the 1st half with 2 drops for TD. The second half PC scored every time they touched it, until they ran out the clock inside the 5 to end the game. Give a ton of credit to the NL offense and special teams keeping the ball away from PC. But to say the defense did anything to stop PC is not accurate.

I don't know about PC 2 drops but it looked like NORTHs 23 and 10 stopped the PC 2 and 16 all night. PC run game was better in this game.
they did not drop 2 td they were covered very good by NORTH secondary
2 had the ball hit him in the hands in the ends one. A catch he makes 9-10 times. 14 was wide... And I mean WIDE open on the slant and dropped it. What did North do on defense after that to stop Pulaski? As I said, NL played a great game, just your comment about their defense is not correct. Not even a little bit.
2 did and 23 hit it. don't remember 14 slant. but should have had it but did not. PC did not have many pass yards at all north played great D look at your yards. but PC won that's all that matters but they had there hands full and there O was not that great tonight.
I thank PC is a great team and I hope they win it all but north D played them vary good for a team that did not have a chance are that's what most was thanking. BEST OF LUCK PC