•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 2016
Come on guys we are all here for the same reason, to support our ram's. That goes with the good and the bad. We do have a few questionable calls but that's football. Hopefully with the guys we have returning we can run who ever we want 20 times a game and be successful. I now the coaches are wanting to try and get more lineman involved in the game and not play so many both ways. Everyone know's your athletes have to be on the field. Hopefully we have enough guys to be able to give key players a breather. August cant get here quick enough................I like the size (strength and quickness) of our defensive line, and if they play both ways our offensive line should be able to do just that. Open some big holes..... We have to be able to get them a breather so we are not gassed come the 4th quarter. hopefully with the extra line we have we can do that.
Amen. Too much depth to only play 15-18 kids every friday.
Even if its a series here and there.
I know one goal is to have Isaac Wallace playing one way as much as possible. A few names that I think can allow that to happen are Justin Fairchild, Morgan Carmen and Logan Mauk. The class of 2016 has always had good numbers, they have all played together and won alot of games together as a group, with very few that started playing in JFL, that are no longer playing football. So my expectations for this class are high. Not because of hype, hopes, wishes, or dreams. But bc I know first hand what they are capable of. Its time that a class of Raceland football players EXCEED expectations, not fall short, or meet them. Raceland was a bubble for a district championship for years. Then a bubble team for making it out of the 2nd round of the playoffs. Then a bubble team for winning a region. All of those have become an expectation over the last several years. Its time to pop another bubble. Hopefully this group of seniors can have the leadership and command (by hard work and example, not bullying) over the team and make it happen. Still gotta prove it to me!
Hazard has an entire offensive line who don't go both ways. I think 1 kid played both ways and that was because a kid was injuried late in the season.

I agree Raceland should play more than 15-18 kids. There's no excuse to play that small amount with 50+ kids on roster.
Wallace,Fairchild, hall,Carmen, maulk, Ferguson, Mannis ,
Dixon, Willet, probably leaving off a couple. All these guys should be able to get some reps on offense. If so we may be able to win those big 4th quarter games. Davidson kid is an incoming freshman and a giant just young. Looking for big things this year.
Not sure I would want Isaac or Jerome on the sideline to long or playing one way . Give them series off on both sides would be nice but going one way would be a mistake imo
Yes those 2 will need to go both ways for sure. Being able to give them a few plays off every other series will be huge. We have about 4 lineman that will more than likely play both ways. Now to get into football shape.
Who else besides the Davidson kid and Walker kid will get some hand offs?
Ram1998 Wrote:Yes those 2 will need to go both ways for sure. Being able to give them a few plays off every other series will be huge. We have about 4 lineman that will more than likely play both ways. Now to get into football shape.

What other 2 linemen will play both ways?
Will all depend on a few different circumstances. If Carmen played or don't play. . Manis may have to go both ways. OT and DE Also you have a couple different choices. Who snaps the ball. Will it be Willet or Fairchild. Will the Rams play a 4 man or 5 man front. What you have to look at is on offense. Can you play a few of those guys and not loose much. You have two kids that can snap with Fairchild being a little quicker and stronger. Willet is a pretty good size kid as well. Then you got hall and Wallace on one side. Dixon and Mauk on the other. Defense you got Wallace and Fairchild at tackles and hall and Mannis at ends. If Carmen plays then you move manis to end hall goes to tackle and move Fairchild to nose like last year. Then you have a pretty good front 5. The good this is that we would have enough guys to share reps and keeps guys fresh. Hopefully we won't have to play more than a couple both ways. Throw in a couple younger guys and I'm liking what I see with our line.
No reason that we should be gassed upfront. I agree that Isaac and Jerome need to stay on the field as much as possible. But, if we are able to stay strong upfront on both sides of the ball, while resting a few guys, that will make us even more effecient offensively and harder to run the ball against defensively. I would like to see us bounce between the 4 and 5 man front like we did towards the end of the last year as well.

One thing is for sure. Depth shouldnt be an issue upfront.
bac2369 Wrote:Who else besides the Davidson kid and Walker kid will get some hand offs?

That all depends on who steps up , Damon black is being moved to the backfield or receiver . Judd Adkins, hunter lacks are a couple others that will see time
22 years I've been out of school.22 years I've watched Raceland football.There has been plenty of teams with depth and we have never played more the 15 to 18 kids at the most. It's the way Ross done it and Hoof coach under him. Mike will coach the same way.Sorry to be Debbie downer guys but it is what it is.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:22 years I've been out of school.22 years I've watched Raceland football.There has been plenty of teams with depth and we have never played more the 15 to 18 kids at the most. It's the way Ross done it and Hoof coach under him. Mike will coach the same way.Sorry to be Debbie downer guys but it is what it is.

Yeah, but one thing you have to keep in mind is the quality of depth. You have some quality in spots but not across the board. It's not like we don't have some drop off after the first unit leaves the field.

The fact of the matter is this: In order for Raceland to have the best chance to win against quality teams, some players have to go both ways. Just the way it is.
It has been debated that the 2013 Line consisting of A. Risner, M. Boggs, A. Manis, N. Johnson, L. Bradley, and I. Wallace may have been the best Line in Ram history. What's everyone's thoughts on how this set of linemen stack up against that year?
08 line was much better. I think they were better because of the scheme was different and it was a down hill running the football team but I think as a whole the 08 line was better
^^^i agree. The swede, robbie logan, eddie cumpton, cody grant, really set the bar extremely high in terms of strength and incredible atheleticism that u dont see on alot of high offensive lines. Let alone in single A.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:08 line was much better. I think they were better because of the scheme was different and it was a down hill running the football team but I think as a whole the 08 line was better

The 2008 team just plainer choked. I had them playing hazard to go to state but they let LCA sneak back into the game.
They didn't sneak back into the game we let off the gas and tried to put it on Cruise control
Very poor coaching decisions led to yet another Disapointing end for the Rams that year
RAMDAD50 Wrote:08 line was much better. I think they were better because of the scheme was different and it was a down hill running the football team but I think as a whole the 08 line was better

Hoof brought the offense in that Raceland uses now before 08 . It's the same scheme now as it was then. Imo 08 had the most talent of any team but how can you say they were better when the won the region in 2013 for the first time ever
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Hoof brought the offense in that Raceland uses now before 08 . It's the same scheme now as it was then. Imo 08 had the most talent of any team but how can you say they were better when the won the region in 2013 for the first time ever
And won it handily.
Raceland-Worthington 2016 Schedule
8/19 A West Carter
8/26 A Ashland Paul G. Blazer
9/3 H East Carter
9/9 A Greenup County
9/16 H Lucasville Valley (OH)
9/23 A Portsmouth West (OH)
9/30 H Lawrence County
10/7 BYE
10/14 A Fairview
10/21 H Paintsville
10/28 H Russell
Different blocking scheme
And the 08 team was under center
As far as winning the region.......don't you think compation as something to do with that?
What competition did Raceland teams face that won the regional championships compare to the competition they faced when they played LCA.None....... I'm not taking away from what those boys achieved but come on......
RAMDAD50 Wrote:They didn't sneak back into the game we let off the gas and tried to put it on Cruise control
Very poor coaching decisions led to yet another Disapointing end for the Rams that year

I agree. I wish hazard tightend hadn't transferred to LCA that year. He would of payed off against beechwood in the title game.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:As far as winning the region.......don't you think compation as something to do with that?

The 2013 team beat an undefeated Fairview team in week #8 by the score of 36-14. In week #9 they beat Paintsville by the score of 32-10. Paintsville's only previous losses were to Pikeville and Fairview. Then beat Paintsville again in the District Championship game by the score of 42-12. Then went on to win the school's first Regional Championship by defeating Pikeville 14-3. Pikeville had came into the Regional Championship game with a record of 9-1, losing only to Belfry, and everyone knows all about Belfry.

Raceland lost 2 games by a total of 4 points before losing to Williamsburg in the State Semi-finals. They lost to Ashland by the score of 35-34 in OT and to Lawrence County without Daylin Beach by the score of 38-35.

The only other game that was even remotely close in the regular season was a Raceland win at Coal Grove by the score of 42-33.

Sounds like a pretty weak schedule to me, lol.
I thought we were talking about the line?????hahahaha
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next