Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central @ Belfry (10/27)
Buc-a-roo Wrote:No it isn't. Kentucky doesn't use a multiplier for private schools. They use male enrollment.

T and X have all-male enrollments and Cabell would have 300-400 less males than either of them in KY's alignment, but they would still be 6A

Your right I forgot about male enrollment I would say Cabell has anywhere from 900 to 1000 males in the school
I think Belfry will win this one fairly easily..
Belfry- 35
Johnson Central- 21
tried my best to look at this one realistially as i can... just cant see belfry comin within 2 scores especially if jc takes care of the ball.
In all seriousness I'm sure this one will be close and competitive. Not sure if Johnson central is as good as last year but I know belfry lost a lot.

JC-21
Belfry -17
This should be a good game, but I'm not placing any significance on it. A perfect season for neither team is possible, it has no playoff implications, and both teams have gone on to play in or win their state championships anyway for the past two years. Plus Belfry got spanked in 2013 and 2014, but went on to win titles. With the first two weeks of playoffs likely to be no contests tho, it's good to have a hard fought game leading into the playoffs. This is a good matchup, and both sides will learn from it.

Regardless, I hope both teams come out with better knowledge of their teams and with all players in good health. I can see Kroger Field from my office, so I hope to see both of these teams here in early December.
smoke1015 Wrote:In all seriousness I'm sure this one will be close and competitive. Not sure if Johnson central is as good as last year but I know belfry lost a lot.

JC-21
Belfry -17

u r only saying that because some fan made u mad calling ur team a ckewalk
smoke1015 Wrote:In all seriousness I'm sure this one will be close and competitive. Not sure if Johnson central is as good as last year but I know belfry lost a lot.

JC-21
Belfry -17

Keep telling yourself that lol
[quote=AngryMob]u r only saying that because some fan made u mad calling ur team a ckewalk[/QUOTE

To be honest when I said cake walk I wasn’t thinking about Casey Co. but I apologized but it is what it is I guess :beerwez::partyhard
I love this stuff!!! Some respect between the fans but mostly just hate! Praying for an injury free game and both of these teams will go deep in the playoffs if not all the way again this year. Good luck to both teams!
Rip/Spin Wrote:I love this stuff!!! Some respect between the fans but mostly just hate! Praying for an injury free game and both of these teams will go deep in the playoffs if not all the way again this year. Good luck to both teams!

No hate here. With the exception of one game a year I cheer for the Eagles. I cheer for all mountain teams except when they play Belfry. As far as Belfry players sitting out my son has said nothing about anyone not playing if their healthy. They've practiced and prepared just like every other game. I do believe the Pirates win this one but by no means will it be a blowout either way. Whatever the outcome of this game I think both JC and the Belfry will be the last teams standing in their respective classes at Kroger field holding up the 2017 championship trophies. Good Luck to both teams. Go Pirates!
A lot of 3A folks are dying to see JC lay the smackdown to the Pirates, so they can cling to the notion that there's no way, with all the talent Belfry lost last year, that they can have a legitimate shot at FIVE in a row.

Whether some want to believe it or not.....some of y'all are gonna get your chance to see Belfry up close and personal. Then you can decide for yourself.

As Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson likes to say "Just Bring it".
Spoken like a true Outlaw lol
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:A lot of 3A folks are dying to see JC lay the smackdown to the Pirates, so they can cling to the notion that there's no way, with all the talent Belfry lost last year, that they can have a legitimate shot at FIVE in a row.

Whether some want to believe it or not.....some of y'all are gonna get your chance to see Belfry up close and personal. Then you can decide for yourself.

As Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson likes to say "Just Bring it".

What maroon doesn't think Belfry isn't a contender? I really think Belfry and Boyle will play in Lexington.
rustyfan213 Wrote:How could JC even come close to beating Belfry, they couldn't even beat Ashland.....Lets be real guys, Pulp Fiction living in fantasy land. Him and all the other JC fans to be honest.
Peter Pan ain't real son.............
You make it sound like JC lost to Boyd County last week. Ashland is 18-3 all time against Belfry.
12-1 at Putnam
6-2 Away
Belfry has trouble with Ashland, Ashland has trouble with JC and JC has trouble against Belfry.
Belfry in a close one.
JC just to slow!!!!Belfry wins 42-16
T-CATS Wrote:You make it sound like JC lost to Boyd County last week. Ashland is 18-3 all time against Belfry.
12-1 at Putnam
6-2 Away
Belfry has trouble with Ashland, Ashland has trouble with JC and JC has trouble against Belfry.

How come Ashland quit playing Belfry?
I think you may see starters till halftime then lot jv players, pretty sure both teams has a shot a another championship , hope both teams come out injury free
This is just my opinion

But I got a question if you play Louisville central or Boyle county do they come to pond creek or does belfry travel to Louisville I'm not over looking Corbin would they travel or stay home,

TongueirateShoTongueirateSho 24
Johnson central 25
eagles2011 Wrote:I think you may see starters till halftime then lot jv players, pretty sure both teams has a shot a another championship , hope both teams come out injury free
This is just my opinion

But I got a question if you play Louisville central or Boyle county do they come to pond creek or does belfry travel to Louisville I'm not over looking Corbin would they travel or stay home,

TongueirateShoTongueirateSho 24
Johnson central 25

Round 3 we would travel to Louisville Central if we win that we would come back home for the simi games against Corbin
What is prestonsburg all time lead with Belfry
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:A lot of 3A folks are dying to see JC lay the smackdown to the Pirates, so they can cling to the notion that there's no way, with all the talent Belfry lost last year.

Well, most people had Belfry dead and buried before the season even started. I love the fact that Belfry is 8-1 and at the top of the 3A Mountain. Success breeds hatred, mediocrity hates excellence.

As far as this game, I expect a very close game. I see the Pirates squeezing this one out by 7 or less.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
T-CATS Wrote:You make it sound like JC lost to Boyd County last week. Ashland is 18-3 all time against Belfry.
12-1 at Putnam
6-2 Away

Being the intrepid Moderator that I am.... here are the Ashland vs. Belfry all-time results.

1937: Ashland 69-0
1949: Ashland 55-0
1957: Ashland 34-13
1967: Ashland 42-0
1970: Ashland 46-6
1971: Ashland 54-20
1972: Ashland 57-6
1975: Ashland 47-6
1987: Ashland 27-13
1988: Ashland 21-13
1989: Belfry 31-14
1990: Ashland 35-20
1991: Ashland 22-18
1992: Belfry 28-25
1998: Ashland 19-14
2001: Ashland 42-21
2006: Ashland 28-27
2009; Ashland 22-20
2010: Ashland 36-22
2011: Belfry 7-6
2012: Ashland 35-20

JC leads vs. Ashland.
Ashland leads vs. Belfry.
Belfry leads vs. JC.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Yes Ashland leads us all time but that was then this is now they dropped us tell them to call Haywood up and put them back on there schedule they won’t do it
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Being the intrepid Moderator that I am.... here are the Ashland vs. Belfry all-time results.

1937: Ashland 69-0
1949: Ashland 55-0
1957: Ashland 34-13
1967: Ashland 42-0
1970: Ashland 46-6
1971: Ashland 54-20
1972: Ashland 57-6
1975: Ashland 47-6
1987: Ashland 27-13
1988: Ashland 21-13
1989: Belfry 31-14
1990: Ashland 35-20
1991: Ashland 22-18
1992: Belfry 28-25
1998: Ashland 19-14
2001: Ashland 42-21
2006: Ashland 28-27
2009; Ashland 22-20
2010: Ashland 36-22
2011: Belfry 7-6
2012: Ashland 35-20

JC leads vs. Ashland.
Ashland leads vs. Belfry.
Belfry leads vs. JC.

as i've said before, ashland plays two types of opoonents. those they have to and those they can beat. notice they "just so happened" to drop the series in 2007 and 2008 and again in 2013 til now... lol...and what do you know they didnt play us in 03 or 04 either.

i have 0 doubt in my mind if it wasnt a district game ashland would never.......ever.......ever schedule johnson central
Rip/Spin Wrote:I love this stuff!!! Some respect between the fans but mostly just hate! Praying for an injury free game and both of these teams will go deep in the playoffs if not all the way again this year. Good luck to both teams!

No hate here for Belfry. I always cheer for them except once a year. I don't "hate" no team, to me that's an ugly word to describe anything. There may teams I don't respect because of the way they are ran, but never hate.
AngryMob Wrote:as i've said before, ashland plays two types of opoonents. those they have to and those they can beat. notice they "just so happened" to drop the series in 2007 and 2008 and again in 2013 til now... lol...and what do you know they didnt play us in 03 or 04 either.

i have 0 doubt in my mind if it wasnt a district game ashland would never.......ever.......ever schedule johnson central

To be fair, Belfry struggled a bit during that 93-98 gap, going 4-7 in 93 and having years of 6-6, 8-5, and 9-4 during that time. With a couple of double-digit wins in there also. As noted, Belfry/JC/Ashland have an interesting triangle, but a year-in, year-out series with Ashland just hasn't happened.

I'm sure it's for a variety of reasons. Slots for out of district games are not always available (like Belfry adding Floyd Central and Sheldon Clark this year). And Ashland has other regional games they've traditionally played, like Ironton and some WV teams. Belfry on he other hand tend to look down state (or out of state) for games, most likely due to availability and wanting stronger out of "conference" opponents. Like Lexington teams, Southwestern, Newport area, Shelby County, Woodford County to name a few. Although it has been a while for some of those.
Hurricane Storm Wrote:Belfry on he other hand tend to look down state (or out of state) for games, most likely due to availability and wanting stronger out of "conference" opponents. Like Lexington teams, Southwestern, Newport area, Shelby County, Woodford County to name a few. Although it has been a while for some of those.

I think the Midland series was great, but now the series is 2-1 Belfry all time and has became flat. I would love to see potential playoff opponents during the regular season but Haywood will not do that. Playing out of State Competition has been a trademark of Haywood since the mid-90's and it all started with Ironton (OH). Over the years since, the Pirates have played a few teams from the tri-state area: Warrensville Heights (OH), Cabell Midland (WV), Huntington (WV) and Christian Academy of Knoxville (TN).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
hope after next yr we never play midland again either
AngryMob Wrote:hope after next yr we never play midland again either

Yeah, Belfry has won the last two. There may be one more game at Belfry in 2018 if it was a 4 year deal.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:Yeah, Belfry has won the last two. There may be one more game at Belfry in 2018 if it was a 4 year deal.

yes one more after that drop them they are classless hopefully pick up capital or someone that fits what we see in playoffs more.