Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel opening??
It’s not a done deal yet. May be some surprises.
yea everybody hearing valentine(LCA) now
I would think if Valentine wants it then it’s his.
just announced its valentine
Northside pride Wrote:What game were you watching?

The one where he was guarding Ramey, games aren't decided by offense alone.
Bentley back out?
Knew they would screw this up, had coaches with Division 1 experience interested and they still made the political hire. Good luck Reed Shepherd wish you the best of luck no matter where you go.
blueandgreen Wrote:Knew they would screw this up, had coaches with Division 1 experience interested and they still made the political hire. Good luck Reed Shepherd wish you the best of luck no matter where you go.

Don’t see this as a screwup at all, I think it has the potential to be a hell of a hire. Nathan is a really good dude, time will tell on the coaching side at North.
Hamlin from Mercer Co. would have been the real political hire, he was connected to the Laurel superintendent.
Political hire? Please explain.
One other thing, one of the landing spots that was always supposed to be in play for Sheppard if he left was Lexington Christian, coached by...............Nathan Valentine. So I’d say they are perfectly fine with this. You know somebody had to be hired that would keep Sheppard in the fold, so I’d be shocked if he left. Maybe if things don’t work out to their liking, but I would suspect he will be at North this year at least. And chances of him staying for the next four years just improved.
Intheknow2014 Wrote:Political hire? Please explain.

No one born outside of London Ky. can coach basketball?
Van Hagar Wrote:One other thing, one of the landing spots that was always supposed to be in play for Sheppard if he left was Lexington Christian, coached by...............Nathan Valentine. So I’d say they are perfectly fine with this. You know somebody had to be hired that would keep Sheppard in the fold, so I’d be shocked if he left. Maybe if things don’t work out to their liking, but I would suspect he will be at North this year at least. And chances of him staying for the next four years just improved.
:Shaking:
blueandgreen Wrote::Shaking:

Ok well then what’s your take on it?
blueandgreen Wrote:No one born outside of London Ky. can coach basketball?

Valentine was born and raised in Corbin.
blueandgreen Wrote:The one where he was guarding Ramey, games aren't decided by offense alone.

Ramey was guarded by Isiah Alexander 90% of the game. Do you even go to the games? You seem to know absolutely nothing about what you are talking about in any of your posts. Sounds like somebody got their feelings hurt by North Laurel athletics!
It’s a known fact that this wasn’t the hire that some wanted. I do think it will workout in the end. Dude can coach and from the recent ex players I talked too they will love playing for him.
Anyone can win who knows the game, works hard and has talent.
ky playmaker Wrote:It’s a known fact that this wasn’t the hire that some wanted. I do think it will workout in the end. Dude can coach and from the recent ex players I talked too they will love playing for him.

Who was the hire that most wanted? Not being a smart aleck, just not sure. Was it Marcum? Payne? Hamlin? Bentley? Someone else?
Van Hagar Wrote:Who was the hire that most wanted? Not being a smart aleck, just not sure. Was it Marcum? Payne? Hamlin? Bentley? Someone else?
most I talked to wanted matthew daniel not one person I talked to mentioned wanting valentine although I think valentine was the best hire. I thought alll along it was bentley. brad was pe teacher and bentley is pe teacher was one reason bentley would been good hire too not a better guy around to have mentoring young men.
So it’s not Bentley???? Ha ha. Sounds like both would of been good choices. Only joking because everyone said Bentley.
Finally a program builder is hired. Major upgrade for the program at North and comes at a perfect time with talent coming and now someone will truly develop a team concept
Gunit24 Wrote:Finally a program builder is hired. Major upgrade for the program at North and comes at a perfect time with talent coming and now someone will truly develop a team concept

Team concept is the only concept. Last years group was more team oriented and they did well. Show Dog ball builds a name and stats, but they ain't no I in Team.
Pitino is coming back to America 😂😂