Poll: Who to beat
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Shelby Valley
35.56%
Hazard
23.70%
Knott Central
19.26%
Letcher Central
7.41%
Other
14.07%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will be the better Mountain team for 2009?
Panther Thunder Wrote:Well until there is actually, i don't know, proof of this, I wouldn't bank on it.
Yea I just dont see it happening.
I don't see any 13th region teams in the poll. I suppose they are the "others". Last time I checked the 13th region was in the mountains. Corbin and South Laurel should be listed.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I don't see any 13th region teams in the poll. I suppose they are the "others". Last time I checked the 13th region was in the mountains. Corbin and South Laurel should be listed.
Where basically just talking about Hazard and SV here. Those will be the teams to beat next year.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I don't see any 13th region teams in the poll. I suppose they are the "others". Last time I checked the 13th region was in the mountains. Corbin and South Laurel should be listed.

Well Lookayanner why don't you list some and we can comment.
Hazard and Corbin.
Survivor Wrote:Well Lookayanner why don't you list some and we can comment.
Did you read my post????? I listed Corbin and South Laurel.:confused:
I voted for Hazard. This season, I think they was a toss up between the two teams. Next season, I dont think that the true Shelby Valley fans are going to realize what they lost this year in terms of losing their two seniors graduating. Shelby Valley will be not as good next year as they was this year is my belief. I do still think they will be a good team and they will win a lot of games. But they will not be the same.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Did you read my post????? I listed Corbin and South Laurel.:confused:
You still havent listed any that would give Hazard or SV a decent game though.
RavenBoy Wrote:You still havent listed any that would give Hazard or SV a decent game though.
I think Corbin and South both could give Hazard or Shelby Valley much more than a "decent" game next year. So, yes, I have "listed" my opinion.
Why is there no Pikeville, East Ridge, Paintsville, or JC on this poll?
Our only senior is Josh Combs. Randy Lewis is a junior. Our team will be sound with another year of maturity plus good coaching leadership. I have confidence we will be a real presence in mountain basketball again next year!

Go Bulldogs!!
I have been hearing rumors while working in the Eastern Kentucky area that Shelby Valley may be getting what the desperately have been needed the last few years. I hear they are getting a big man to go along with their guards and forwards. If it happens, I can realistically see Shelby Valley winning a game or two at the State Tournament along with Hazard. It would be a good match up if what I have been hearing turns out to be true.
warriorpride Wrote:Why is there no Pikeville, East Ridge, Paintsville, or JC on this poll?

why would they be
I don't follow mountains basketball too much but will Letcher Central be any good in '09?
They will be a decent team next year...returning banks and blair...
but the 14th is just 2 tough for the cougars i think
Garrison Collins played with KCC over the weekend, and they flat out dominated. If he ends up there watch out!
Aristotle Wrote:Garrison Collins played with KCC over the weekend, and they flat out dominated. If he ends up there watch out!
How is KCC playing as a team over the weekend? Collins was at the All Star game Saturday night so how could he have played with them?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:How is KCC playing as a team over the weekend? Collins was at the All Star game Saturday night so how could he have played with them?
He played with them on Sunday only....
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:How is KCC playing as a team over the weekend? Collins was at the All Star game Saturday night so how could he have played with them?

Garrison did play with kcc on sunday...kcc won the tourney like it was nothing...there wasnt but 3 teams...but they looked very good...and very very good when garrison played...he dominated..he blocked alot of shots and got a nice dunk..look out next year if he comes to kcc
SV, Hazard, and Kcc.:Thumbs:
i have never said this but...nice post ravenboy
Aristotle Wrote:Garrison Collins played with KCC over the weekend, and they flat out dominated. If he ends up there watch out!

There could have been something special at KCC next year but the pieces will fall apart, just wait and see. As another poster said before the"big" woman in charge has let a golden opportunity slip away, this is all I will say for now.
thegr81 Wrote:There could have been something special at KCC next year but the pieces will fall apart, just wait and see. As another poster said before the"big" woman in charge has let a golden opportunity slip away, this is all I will say for now.

this is funny and completely ridiculous..... you shouldn't bash our people if you don't know them (which I take it you don't go to KCC or you would be optimistic). So please, know the person before you trash them.
It is too early to tell how good teams will be because the recruiting season is not over and that will decide how good most of these teams are....
anklebreaker Wrote:i have never said this but...nice post ravenboy
Well Thank You Very Much. :Clap:
anklebreaker Wrote:why would they be

Well, Pikeville beat Valley once...East Ridge Beat LCC and you have both LCC and Valley on there. Paintsville is the 15th Region Champions...and JC is the 15th Region Runner up...those are just a few good points.
warriorpride Wrote:Well, Pikeville beat Valley once...East Ridge Beat LCC and you have both LCC and Valley on there. Paintsville is the 15th Region Champions...and JC is the 15th Region Runner up...those are just a few good points.

yeah, but most of those teams won't be the same or are not receiving the amount of "publicity" that those listed are (granted LCC isn't getting as much as the others). the most talked about teams are going to be Knott Central, Shelby Valley, and Hazard. but i do believe at east one team you listed ( probably Pikeville or Paintsville) should be there in the place of LCC.
PATS2011 Wrote:this is funny and completely ridiculous..... you shouldn't bash our people if you don't know them (which I take it you don't go to KCC or you would be optimistic). So please, know the person before you trash them.

I am not bashing anyone especially student athletes, just stating my opinion. Who am I trashing????? Don't get so defensive. Time will tell what will happen at KCC and I stand behind my statements.
KCC may be good, but they are not going to be the best Mountain team in 2009. Sorry if anyone disagrees.
thegr81 Wrote:I am not bashing anyone especially student athletes, just stating my opinion. Who am I trashing????? Don't get so defensive. Time will tell what will happen at KCC and I stand behind my statements.

I know what your saying
Kcc wont be the best in the mountains unless they get garrison..but they will be right there fighting for it
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next