•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason Mountain Top 10
DaBears Wrote:7On7 dont mean nothing.It matters when you put the pads on.Then you can see what you got.Wink

well obviously i already know this since i did say say in my post that it dosent atter that much but the confidince for the players does help so i said yes it matters a little
IntheZone Wrote:and so would i we already beat them over the summer in a passing game i know this is diffrent but its still has a little bit to factor into it

haha well if were gonna talk about passing league i recall Letcher beating Sheldon Clark but like the others have said 7 on 7 dont mean nothing...LCC is probably one of if not the hardest hitting teams in the mountains Letcher would hurt Sheldon Clark
IntheZone Wrote:well obviously i already know this since i did say say in my post that it dosent atter that much but the confidince for the players does help so i said yes it matters a little

Rolleyes
42HaRdHiTtEr42 Wrote:haha well if were gonna talk about passing league i recall Letcher beating Sheldon Clark but like the others have said 7 on 7 dont mean nothing...LCC is probably one of if not the hardest hitting teams in the mountains Letcher would hurt Sheldon Clark

Well I'm shaking in my boots... gosh we never play hard hitting teams I'm so scared.... I mean man where talking bout high school were all big boys, I think we could handle it I mean we just play Bell and Belfry. There not much just a bunch of wimps... but I'm sure its just you man I heard you were a monster thats to you hard hitter.
IntheZone Wrote:Well I'm shaking in my boots... gosh we never play hard hitting teams I'm so scared.... I mean man where talking bout high school were all big boys, I think we could handle it I mean we just play Bell and Belfry. There not much just a bunch of wimps... but I'm sure its just you man I heard you were a monster thats to you hard hitter.

I seriously couldn't comprehend one thing in this post.Smile Smile Smile
Brooks4Prez Wrote:I seriously couldn't comprehend one thing in this post.Smile Smile Smile

It was to hard hitter he said the LCC would hurt SCHS if they were to play a game!!!! It was a couple post ago.
Why in the heck does it matter to some people where they start out in the preseason poles? Good grief people it's where you finish. Some of you act like small children.
This is strictly an opinion pole, as are many others. Who are in reality the better teams in EKY (East of Lexington) in 2009 with no order?
Twitter: @tc_analytics

IntheZone Wrote:Well I'm shaking in my boots... gosh we never play hard hitting teams I'm so scared.... I mean man where talking bout high school were all big boys, I think we could handle it I mean we just play Bell and Belfry. There not much just a bunch of wimps... but I'm sure its just you man I heard you were a monster thats to you hard hitter.

haha i've played Bell and Belfry both and no there not wimps but i would much rather hit them than my boys at LCC every hit they go to hurt someone not just tackle them...and no im no monster haha i just love hitting people
42HaRdHiTtEr42 Wrote:haha i've played Bell and Belfry both and no there not wimps but i would much rather hit them than my boys at LCC every hit they go to hurt someone not just tackle them...and no im no monster haha i just love hitting people

Bell County and Belfry are in a whole other league so the argument that you're making on here is absurd. This thread is full of people saying that LCC should be ranked higher and maybe they should but when I look at there schedule this year it's a joke. How can you expect people to give you respect when your non district opponents(excluding Harlan County) this year had a combined record of 10 wins and 46 losses last year. Your district opponents had a record of 17-27 last year. That's a grand total of 27 wins and 73 losses on your schedule this year. I can think of three teams right off the top of my head that would play Letcher Central and that's Belfry, Bell, and Johnson Central. Bell has had problems scheduling the past two years. Belfry according to there fans is wanting to upgrade there schedule and I know for a fact that Johnson Central would love to play Letcher Central.

To make a long story short respect is earned not given and the best way for LCC to get some respect is to upgrade there schedule because it's terrible.
Coach Booth Wrote:Bell County and Belfry are in a whole other league so the argument that you're making on here is absurd. This thread is full of people saying that LCC should be ranked higher and maybe they should but when I look at there schedule this year it's a joke. How can you expect people to give you respect when your non district opponents(excluding Harlan County) this year had a combined record of 10 wins and 46 losses last year. Your district opponents had a record of 17-27 last year. That's a grand total of 27 wins and 73 losses on your schedule this year. I can think of three teams right off the top of my head that would play Letcher Central and that's Belfry, Bell, and Johnson Central. Bell has had problems scheduling the past two years. Belfry according to there fans is wanting to upgrade there schedule and I know for a fact that Johnson Central would love to play Letcher Central.

To make a long story short respect is earned not given and the best way for LCC to get some respect is to upgrade there schedule because it's terrible.

:Thumbs:

Now get ready for the wrath of Letcher County to come at you from Whitesburg to Jenkins and all points in between.....
EKUAlum05 Wrote::Thumbs:

Now get ready for the wrath of Letcher County to come at you from Whitesburg to Jenkins and all points in between.....

I'm a big boy I'll be fine. I don't see why anything that I've said would bring wrath to me. It's not like I got on here and gave a bunch of opinions. I stated the facts.
1. Bell County
2. Belfry
3. Breathitt
4. Hazard
5. Johnson Central
6. Sheldon Clark
7. Middlesboro
8. Harlan County
9. Corbin
10. Rockcastle

Also rans:

Letcher
Coach Booth Wrote:Why in the heck does it matter to some people where they start out in the preseason poles? Good grief people it's where you finish. Some of you act like small children.

One of the smartest posts in this garbage. Nice to see someone older than there shoe size on this site.
I like being the underdog. Go Black Bears!!!!!!!!!!!
EKUAlum05 Wrote::Thumbs:

Just in, a convoy of Cougars are headed down US 23 taking out all cars. Its said their leader has a alias of HardHitter. Police are advising everyone to stay in their homes unless their car is wrapped in a Hazard Bulldog or Highlands Bluebirds jersey, those are the only thing this convoy cant get its hands on. Big Grin
Coach Booth Wrote:I'm a big boy I'll be fine. I don't see why anything that I've said would bring wrath to me. It's not like I got on here and gave a bunch of opinions. I stated the facts.

You have a valid argument, yes LCC does play a weak schedule but first of all they can't control who's in their district. This is the final year of a two year contract with all of the schools except Harlan. The bottom line is the schedule was made so that LCC could be competitive in every game they played, and probably be the favorite in every game they played. There's nothing wrong with that, the football program is only three years old and struggled in it's first two seasons. The problem is I don't think such a sudden improvement in the team was expected or we would have played a more difficult schedule. I would expect to see much tougher non-district play for the Cougars in 2009 and 2010.
Yogibear Wrote:1. Bell County
2. Belfry
3. Breathitt
4. Hazard
5. Johnson Central
6. Sheldon Clark
7. Middlesboro
8. Harlan County
9. Corbin
10. Rockcastle

Also rans:

Letcher

1-5 is alright but I don't know what you were thinking with 6-10. Sheldon Clark could be on their but not that high, Middlesboro is going to be playing mostly underclassman this season, Harlan County hasn't done anything yet, Corbin lost 12 from last years team although they can still be put in the 8-10 range, and Rockcastle has hit a bump in the road talent wise and they lost their head coach during the spring. Letcher Central, Pulaski County, South Laurel, and Prestonsburg are better than 6-10 with the exception of Harlan County because they don't have any last season results to base anything on.
Both them teams would kill Hazard... but then again from the looks of it your from Hazard so I see why you said that.
Kayaker Wrote:Just in, a convoy of Cougars are headed down US 23 taking out all cars. Its said their leader has a alias of HardHitter. Police are advising everyone to stay in their homes unless their car is wrapped in a Hazard Bulldog or Highlands Bluebirds jersey, those are the only thing this convoy cant get its hands on. Big Grin

Smile Smile
My new Prediction or guess for the preseason Mountain Top 10

1 Bell
2 Belfry
3 Hazard
4 Pulaski Co
5 Letcher Central
6 Johnson Central
7 Prestonsburg
8 Breathitt County
9 Middlesboro
10 Clay Co
Kayaker Wrote:Just in, a convoy of Cougars are headed down US 23 taking out all cars. Its said their leader has a alias of HardHitter. Police are advising everyone to stay in their homes unless their car is wrapped in a Hazard Bulldog or Highlands Bluebirds jersey, those are the only thing this convoy cant get its hands on. Big Grin

yes those are the only 2 teams that beat us but let me say this i guarantee if LCC played Hazard later in the season LCC would have came out victorious without a doubt...had a horrible first game i mean we fumbled the ball 8 times and if you look at the other games we really didnt fumble none...and also NOBODY! in the mountains could beat Highlands..
42HaRdHiTtEr42 Wrote:yes those are the only 2 teams that beat us but let me say this i guarantee if LCC played Hazard later in the season LCC would have came out victorious without a doubt...had a horrible first game i mean we fumbled the ball 8 times and if you look at the other games we really didnt fumble none...and also NOBODY! in the mountains could beat Highlands..

LOL Nobdoy in the State could be Highlands.
Bell or Belfry could give them a run for the money
bac2369 Wrote:Bell or Belfry could give them a run for the money

no they honestly couldn't that team is amazing...when we played them last yr we didnt have 1 player that could outrun 1 of there linemen i mean there nosegaurd returned the punts...and i kno Belfry could not cause the past 2 yrs our JV has beat Belfry so i know that Belfry team and as for Bell i dont see them giving them no run for there money either!
Coach Booth Wrote:Bell County and Belfry are in a whole other league so the argument that you're making on here is absurd. This thread is full of people saying that LCC should be ranked higher and maybe they should but when I look at there schedule this year it's a joke. How can you expect people to give you respect when your non district opponents(excluding Harlan County) this year had a combined record of 10 wins and 46 losses last year. Your district opponents had a record of 17-27 last year. That's a grand total of 27 wins and 73 losses on your schedule this year. I can think of three teams right off the top of my head that would play Letcher Central and that's Belfry, Bell, and Johnson Central. Bell has had problems scheduling the past two years. Belfry according to there fans is wanting to upgrade there schedule and I know for a fact that Johnson Central would love to play Letcher Central.

This is the best post on here!...you are exactly right I've been trying to say the same thing but no one from LCC will listen there to worried about hurting everyone and telling everyone how big of wimps bell and Belfry are lol...:igiveup:
Brooks4Prez Wrote:You have a valid argument, yes LCC does play a weak schedule but first of all they can't control who's in their district. This is the final year of a two year contract with all of the schools except Harlan. The bottom line is the schedule was made so that LCC could be competitive in every game they played, and probably be the favorite in every game they played. There's nothing wrong with that, the football program is only three years old and struggled in it's first two seasons. The problem is I don't think such a sudden improvement in the team was expected or we would have played a more difficult schedule. I would expect to see much tougher non-district play for the Cougars in 2009 and 2010.
I know that they can't control what teams are in there district I never said they could. My whole point in this thread was that respect is earned not given and in my opinion if they are serious about there program and the respect that they are after they need to upgrade the non-district portion of there schedule. I'd love for them to get a series together with Johnson Central. Both teams are 5a and only an hour apart. I know that JC would play them because they always have a hard time getting ten games on there schedule. Both schools would also profit from this game because from what I've seen Johnson Central and Letcher Central have a huge fan following.

If I said it once I've said it a thousand times with all the schools along route 23 in Eastern Ky from Greenup to Letcher no school in our area should have a hard time scheduling but the fact is most do.
42HaRdHiTtEr42 Wrote:haha i've played Bell and Belfry both and no there not wimps but i would much rather hit them than my boys at LCC every hit they go to hurt someone not just tackle them...and no im no monster haha i just love hitting people

buddy i would love to play you and your cocky boys from letcher central..and by the way, good job bein classy about it hoss hurt someone everytime
dfblackcat53 Wrote:buddy i would love to play you and your cocky boys from letcher central..and by the way, good job bein classy about it hoss hurt someone everytime

haha we aint cocky we are just confident and when we say something we know we can back it up on the field...hey this aint middle school football man its not just a game anymore its a battle, hurting people is what football is about and seeing who the bigger man is...
42HaRdHiTtEr42 Wrote:my boys at LCC every hit they go to hurt someone not just tackle them

42HaRdHiTtEr42 Wrote:hurting people is what football is about

Hurting people is what football is all about? That's funny, I thought winning is what football is all about.

That's a terrible attitude to have. You should play to win, but you should also respect your opponents on the field. Are you saying you'd be happy if you hit some player in the knee and caused him to break a bone or tear his ACL? If you or your teammates honestly have "hurting people" as your main objective, you shouldn't be allowed on the playing field. Ever.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next