•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updates on Junior league baseball tournaments
THUGLIFE#1 Wrote:Whatch out for Warren CO. theres always good teams out of that area. Thats Owensboro So. district.
I am a little bias because my son plays on the Bowling Green/Warren County team but they have a really good team. Most of the players on the team played at Bowling Green or Greenwood High Schools this past year. They have a very strong pitching staff and can rope the ball. By the way, Bowling Green was one of the few teams that beat PRP (State Champs) this year. If we both win our first two game we would play Belfry in the semifinals. Good luck to Belfry getting by Lewis County in the first game. Thats a tough draw.
adopted purple Wrote:I am a little bias because my son plays on the Bowling Green/Warren County team but they have a really good team. Most of the players on the team played at Bowling Green or Greenwood High Schools this past year. They have a very strong pitching staff and can rope the ball. By the way, Bowling Green was one of the few teams that beat PRP (State Champs) this year. If we both win our first two game we would play Belfry in the semifinals. Good luck to Belfry getting by Lewis County in the first game. Thats a tough draw.

Thanks!! The Belfry boys appreciate your good luck wishes and intend on making district 7 proud.

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
OffTheHook Wrote:Almost Entire team.

they have 3 players returning
kybaseball Wrote:they have 3 players returning
Not quite the entire team as advertised. Thats probably a break for the rest of us. Good luck to everyone I'm on my way to London.
kybaseball Wrote:they have 3 players returning

Just going on what I had heard. So tell me this.
How can a team that lost all but three players be the front runner for the WS (As advertised in another thread)? :confused:

I don't care how good of a Little League team you were. It is a real BIG transition from there to the next level. One or two maybe can. But, not an entire team. If that is the case. I will go with Belfry in this one.
I'll take Belfry in this one also.... Those boys have been playing too well offensively and defensively! Coach has them ready for this game!
OffTheHook Wrote:Just going on what I had heard. So tell me this.
How can a team that lost all but three players be the front runner for the WS (As advertised in another thread)? :confused:

I don't care how good of a Little League team you were. It is a real BIG transition from there to the next level. One or two maybe can. But, not an entire team. If that is the case. I will go with Belfry in this one.

Because this bunch of kids are suppose to be the best ever from Lewis. if you don't believe me just ask around. they will tell ya.
Score Update

North Laurel 6
Warren Co./Bowling Green 3

NL will play Richmond in 2nd round on Sun.
Any word on the score from today.
OffTheHook Wrote:Any word on the score from today.

Belfry lost to Lewis Co by 1 run with the score being 6-5.
Tough break. Good try.
OffTheHook Wrote:Tough break. Good try.

Actually was winning 3-1 and went down 4-3 and came back ....... It was VERY hot today and if played again..... well... lets just say this is the worst game the boys have ever played throughout the entire tourney. They weren't on their game. Hopefully, they will come back on Monday and take care of business. Either way, they have done excellent this all-star season and we are very, very proud of them!! Thanks for the earlier vote of confidence also.... We appreciate it!!!

phs1986 Wrote:Actually was winning 3-1 and went down 4-3 and came back ....... It was VERY hot today and if played again..... well... lets just say this is the worst game the boys have ever played throughout the entire tourney. They weren't on their game. Hopefully, they will come back on Monday and take care of business. Either way, they have done excellent this all-star season and we are very, very proud of them!! Thanks for the earlier vote of confidence also.... We appreciate it!!!

No problem. I know the feeling though. We got beat by a total of 3 runs down there last year. We knew we had the best team. We just couldn't hit the stinking thing and we only had 3 errors.
OffTheHook Wrote:No problem. I know the feeling though. We got beat by a total of 3 runs down there last year. We knew we had the best team. We just couldn't hit the stinking thing and we only had 3 errors.

I thought Jackson Co beat them 2-0, and Oldam Co. beat them like 7-8 or somthing like that
THUGLIFE#1 Wrote:I thought Jackson Co beat them 2-0, and Oldam Co. beat them like 7-8 or somthing like that

We did. That is getting beat by a total of three runs. 2 by Jackson and 1 by Oldham. Hello....lol
OffTheHook Wrote:We did. That is getting beat by a total of three runs. 2 by Jackson and 1 by Oldham. Hello....lol

Ohh.. I thought u meant by the score of one game.lol
Game today has been on rain delay. They are right now getting ready to start back up. I will post updates as soon as I get a chance. I think its North Laurel and Richmond playing. ????????

Updates later on tonight.....

Right now, sixth inning, Richmond and Laurel County are tied 2-2.... more updates to come!
PHS95 Wrote:Right now, sixth inning, Richmond and Laurel County are tied 2-2.... more updates to come!

It is now 3-3 heading into the eighth inning!
PHS95 Wrote:It is now 3-3 heading into the eighth inning!

Some of the kids are headed back out there lol
Richmond 4--3 in the 11th!
Richmond won 4-3 in 11 innings!

Belfry will play Laurel tomorrow at 7:30!
PHS95 Wrote:Richmond won 4-3 in 11 innings!

Belfry will play Laurel tomorrow at 7:30!

So what does this mean. Belfry playes Laurel tommrow in the finals? or what?
No, still in double elimination tournament.
If belfry playes the way they can they will come out on top ,They are the best team there
PHS95 Wrote:No, still in double elimination tournament.

Ohh. I thought it was pool play my bad.
There are only six teams, so it is set up as a double elimination. Everything has now been pushed back a day because of a huge weather delay last night. South Oldham and Lewis County play tonight at 5:30 The loser of that game will face Warren County tomorrow and Belfry will play North Laurel.
PHS95 Wrote:There are only six teams, so it is set up as a double elimination. Everything has now been pushed back a day because of a huge weather delay last night. South Oldham and Lewis County play tonight at 5:30 The loser of that game will face Warren County tomorrow and Belfry will play North Laurel.

I like the double elimination better. There were only 6 teams in it last season and they made us play pool play. Which is really kinda the same. You get two games for sure.
coach-4-life Wrote:If belfry playes the way they can they will come out on top ,They are the best team there

I say this with respect

I don't know i'd say Lewis CO. will be hard to stop now. how good are the other teams?

I know Belfry is pretty good and just had a bad game. Should have won thier first game but that is the grand ole game of baseball. good luck
Lewis County is good, but Belfry, after watching the game, is the better team.... like you said, just a bad game!
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next