Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville Tigers '09
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Could care less if he is or not. Didn't mean the first thing by it and wasn't trying to get anything started and was not implying anything. The fact is, when the post was made he was not employed at PHS, and that's all I said. Any of that incorrect?

But, seeing how you are so "classy" and just feel so impelled to all make whatever point it is your trying to make, go ahead and tell everybody how he got hired, why it took so long, and what tactics it took. Dont believe I would gloat too much if I were you.Wink
Idon't think it was a secret that BMR was going to be rehired . Just had to wait a certain time period and make sure there was a position for him. I don't think there was anything underhanded about it though.
I went to Tiger Madness and was impressed to see more talent than I ecen thought we had. V was his usual solid self. Tiller is going to be an amazing player in the near future. Josh Green really impressed me the most. I like his inside game and ability to finish. He always seemed to be around the basketball, kinda like Grimmie. Caldwell is another fine athlete and Seth Daniel looked good for a youngster. Their future really is bright. I agree they will probably take some lumps this year but will be fine.
The Guru Wrote:Idon't think it was a secret that BMR was going to be rehired . Just had to wait a certain time period and make sure there was a position for him. I don't think there was anything underhanded about it though.

Uhhh,............. I honestly dont even know how to even begin to respond to that. So I wont. :confused:
The Guru Wrote:Idon't think it was a secret that BMR was going to be rehired . Just had to wait a certain time period and make sure there was a position for him. I don't think there was anything underhanded about it though.

Uhhh,............. I honestly wouldn't know how to even begin to respond to that. So I wont. :confused:
So Who is the go to guy this year for the Tigers?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Very " classy" reply. Way to avoid the subject matter when your smart elleckiness gets thrown back in your face.Smile

Is that a word? :confused:

I don't see why you have it out for this thread so bad and try to bring up drama with Paintsville? There's obviously some hard feelings somewhere. I think Coach Ratliff will do a good job of continuing the tradition at PHS. Best of luck to the tiger basketball team.
Tigers beat Allen Central by double digits today.
Good game by the Tigers today. They played together as a team. I was real impressed with there effort. Allen Central is either over rated or Paintsville is just getting no respect. lol
Allen Central also beat Paintsville in the first 20 minute session by 1 before they reset the clock.
I heard the Jarrell kid had a good game.
yea jarrell bit the tigers in the a**.. Allen Central also put every player they had on the bench into the game. Paintsville didnt sub in their reserves until 40 seconds was left in the 2nd 20 Minute half.
Knockoutking Wrote:yea jarrell bit the tigers in the a**.. Allen Central also put every player they had on the bench into the game. Paintsville didnt sub in their reserves until 40 seconds was left in the 2nd 20 Minute half.
Paintsville was missing a couple of starters and 2-3 top reserves to begin with.
tigerfan13 Wrote:Is that a word? :confused:

I don't see why you have it out for this thread so bad and try to bring up drama with Paintsville? There's obviously some hard feelings somewhere. I think Coach Ratliff will do a good job of continuing the tradition at PHS. Best of luck to the tiger basketball team.
Yes, I just checked. It's in the Tiger Handbook under the "How to avoid and twist the issues at hand when confronted with the truth" chapter. Section 2,paragraph 4.

You can thank the "Classy One" for drawing me into this with her arrogant comments to begin with.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Yes, I just checked. It's in the Tiger Handbook under the "How to avoid and twist the issues at hand when confronted with the truth" chapter. Section 2,paragraph 4.

You can thank the "Classy One" for drawing me into this with her arrogant comments to begin with.
I see your usual MO is still in play. You come to every Paintsville thread and beat and bang. You must have a very boring life.
The facts are Allen Central didnt start subbing in the 2nd game till the score was 18 - 4. Its funny how people watch the same game and and get 2 different conclusions. The first game was decided by the refs calling a T-foul on the 8th grader with just a few secs left. IMO the Tigers won the second outing on conditiong, the Rebs wanted to play football and wrestle like the first game. IMO Jarrel had a sub-par game which is to be expected trying to learn a new system. OK Lets here a different version. Anyone?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Yes, I just checked. It's in the Tiger Handbook under the "How to avoid and twist the issues at hand when confronted with the truth" chapter. Section 2,paragraph 4.

LOL... I must have missed that paragraph. I must have been too busy reading the section on "How to deal with Central fans who can't seem to get Paintsville out of their heads."I will be sure to send my thanks to the "classy one" for getting you so fired up for Paintsville Basketball. GO BIG BLUE!
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Could care less if he is or not. Didn't mean the first thing by it and wasn't trying to get anything started and was not implying anything. The fact is, when the post was made he was not employed at PHS, and that's all I said. Any of that incorrect?

But, seeing how you are so "classy" and just feel so impelled to all make whatever point it is your trying to make, go ahead and tell everybody how he got hired, why it took so long, and what tactics it took. Dont believe I would gloat too much if I were you.Wink

His post was no more glib than yours. Where is there gloating in his contradiction of your previous assertion ??

:confused:
[... oh, heck... never mind.

Mr. Kimball, you are a classic. Never a dull day when you are online. Smile
My goodness---the blue and white/black and gold can both throw jabs at each other all day---and ya know what? Both of them would be right on some things---and wrong on some things....... I'm a Tiger supporter through and through and I love poking fun at the Eagles---just like I'm sure they love pokin' fun at us---but some of this crap is goin' too far.

There's classy people on both sides of the creek---and trashy ones too!
I think the Tigers will struggle this season because nobody really has experience. But good luck Tigers and have a good season.
oneijoe Wrote:His post was no more glib than yours. Where is there gloating in his contradiction of your previous assertion ??

:confused:

Et tu, Brute?

Smile
Mr.Kimball Wrote:

Et tu, Brute?

Smile

Smile Wink
Okay, I'm new here but I do have some morals. I have read this entire thread and just cannot get over it. First off, I am an eagle fan, always have been, always will be. I have a child in the Jo Co system who is involved in athletics. I am not a big Tiger fan but when JCHS is not playing I want my home team to do well, so then I say go tigers. I hope The Postman is a child and not an adult, surely no adult is that bitter toward any child, regardless of what school they attend. I know both of those boys and their families(Green & Caldwell) and know that surely many of you on here do also. How can you not take up for these kids? And why so angry with them? Because they are now Tigers? Get real people. Both are good students and excellent athletes, I wish them the best, even when my child is playing too. And Mr. Kimball, the Tigers are Johnson Countians too, not terrorists that you must seek and destroy. Am I the only one who found this thread way off track and the personal assaults offensive?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:

Et tu, Brute?

Smile

It's just that there's an everpresent assumption of venomous attitude in posts from Paintsvillians by Centralites, and from Centralites by Paintsvillians.

It's like watching two brothers wreck the house as they wrestle. It's fun until one of them gets hurt (or break the lamp).

Did enjoy the Latin, though... Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes. Wink
warner Wrote:Okay, I'm new here but I do have some morals. I have read this entire thread and just cannot get over it. First off, I am an eagle fan, always have been, always will be. I have a child in the Jo Co system who is involved in athletics. I am not a big Tiger fan but when JCHS is not playing I want my home team to do well, so then I say go tigers. I hope The Postman is a child and not an adult, surely no adult is that bitter toward any child, regardless of what school they attend. I know both of those boys and their families(Green & Caldwell) and know that surely many of you on here do also. How can you not take up for these kids? And why so angry with them? Because they are now Tigers? Get real people. Both are good students and excellent athletes, I wish them the best, even when my child is playing too. And Mr. Kimball, the Tigers are Johnson Countians too, not terrorists that you must seek and destroy. Am I the only one who found this thread way off track and the personal assaults offensive?
Sheesh honey, lighten up. Not one single kid was a target of anything. It's the image of the Golden Calf that some have sold their souls to that I find very comical. It's the cover up and the denial that I find humor in, especially by some Paintsville fans that off the record go much farther with their criticisms than I do , but yet get on here and contradict themselves totally. The hypocricy is knee slapping. You probably dont have the first clue as to what I am talking about,but trust me some that know 100% where I'm coming from. If you have no idea what that is, then you are either very naive or very unimformed about the first thing that I am even talking about. rest assured, ther's no need to get in an uproar, it's nothing major at all. At least my old buddy, 1-i, can comprehend a twist of humor in this.
oneijoe Wrote:It's just that there's an everpresent assumption of venomous attitude in posts from Paintsvillians by Centralites, and from Centralites by Paintsvillians.

It's like watching two brothers wreck the house as they wrestle. It's fun until one of them gets hurt (or break the lamp).

Did enjoy the Latin, though... Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes. Wink

Perhaps some tweaking could be in order then........ How's that?Big GrinWink
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Sheesh honey, lighten up. Not one single kid was a target of anything. It's the image of the Golden Calf that some have sold their souls to that I find very comical. It's the cover up and the denial that I find humor in, especially by some Paintsville fans that off the record go much farther with their criticisms than I do , but yet get on here and contradict themselves totally. The hypocricy is knee slapping. You probably dont have the first clue as to what I am talking about,but trust me some that know 100% where I'm coming from. If you have no idea what that is, then you are either very naive or very unimformed about the first thing that I am even talking about. rest assured, ther's no need to get in an uproar, it's nothing major at all. At least my old buddy, 1-i, can comprehend a twist of humor in this.
I am not a "honey". Don't care about the "golden calf". I just don't get why the pville/jc drama must be in this thread, period. Also, I did not say you personally attacked kid but two kids were personally attacked in this thread. It seems everyone just ignored that and decided to have their fun anyway. I read this to my wife and my son and both of them were shocked. Are we just easily offended?
warner Wrote:I am not a "honey". Don't care about the "golden calf". I just don't get why the pville/jc drama must be in this thread, period. Also, I did not say you personally attacked kid but two kids were personally attacked in this thread. It seems everyone just ignored that and decided to have their fun anyway. I read this to my wife and my son and both of them were shocked. Are we just easily offended?
You are way off track on this post Warner. I am a Paintsville fan and Mr.Kimball has said nothing wrong at all. Mr. Kimball was just poking fun at how coach Runyon was rehired at Paintsville school system and the strings that were pulled to get him in the position.
EastKyMiner Wrote:You are way off track on this post Warner. I am a Paintsville fan and Mr.Kimball has said nothing wrong at all. Mr. Kimball was just poking fun at how coach Runyon was rehired at Paintsville school system and the strings that were pulled to get him in the position.

I'm not off track. I only spoke to kimball in regards to why the pville/jc drama on this thread, this is a bout tiger 09-09, not school politics. I spoke to The Postman about his personal attack of these kids. I feel like I'm in the twighlight zone. Does noone get what I'm saying? I can't be that unclear with my posts. I write for a living.