•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 75 - Johnson Central 57
from the scorer's table with a direct line of communication, the OT heard of the #23 Adams/#33 Parker "altercation" driectly from the official, it was ruled a double foul called, followed by a double technical with no free throws shot.....

also with direct line of sight for the #42 Tackett/#32 Bratton entanglement, it was a case of Tackett going airborne for a rebound over a shorter Bratton who was blocking out. Bratton continuing to back up and under Tackett resulting in an undercut with a hard fall to the court for Tackett. I am unable to say his intent but anytime you undercut another player you risk seriously hurting that player. As anyone that plays knows if you go under a player in the air, there is only way for it to end and that is with a hard fall to the court.

Another point that hasn't been mentioned is the near oncourt rushing of a JC player's relative (female) that had to be restrained by security and multiple JC representatives. She had made it to the JC team bench and was on her way to confront #23 Adams man-to-woman....luckily she was restrained in time to avoid the risk of fans rushing the court.

Nothing like tournament time.... looking forward to the finals....

GO 15th!!!
MonsterMan Wrote:I guess the rest of the region is just small hick towns compared to the great mega city of Pikevile. Truth be known, the tax payers of Ky can not afford to build another money losing "Expo Center". There are gyms big enoguh to host the region and have for years. The atmosphere would be much more like a basketball game and the business of the other citys could use the business.

This thread is about the game and congrats to SV. I will root for who ever wins the 15th at Rupp.

The only other gyms in the 15th that have the size and parking for holding a great tournament are Shelby Valley and Pike Central...All others are either too small and do not have enought parking...the Expo is by far the most logical choice...and the schools are making more money now than they ever have from the tourney...
I can't imagine how uncomfortable the fans would have been if they were forced to be cramped into one of the area high schools gyms....

the expo was perfect for tournament time...

keep the district tourneys in the schools, but let the EXPO give the regionals that "big-time" tourney feel for the mountain teams.
Yea i have to say this game sounded exciting, someone on the forum kept us all updated (i appreciate that alot btw). both teams were neck and neck till about mid 3rd then Valley started dominating the floor.

Congrats to both teams tho.
Johnson Central played right with Valley in the first half, but they just simply ran out of gas in the second half and Valley didn't let up. Didn't think that anyone could guard Elisha or Logan Bryant. Both played a good game. Ian Welch played a really good game as well and so did Parker.

Congrats Valley!
Pikeville OT Wrote:from the scorer's table with a direct line of communication, the OT heard of the #23 Adams/#33 Parker "altercation" driectly from the official, it was ruled a double foul called, followed by a double technical with no free throws shot.....

also with direct line of sight for the #42 Tackett/#32 Bratton entanglement, it was a case of Tackett going airborne for a rebound over a shorter Bratton who was blocking out. Bratton continuing to back up and under Tackett resulting in an undercut with a hard fall to the court for Tackett. I am unable to say his intent but anytime you undercut another player you risk seriously hurting that player. As anyone that plays knows if you go under a player in the air, there is only way for it to end and that is with a hard fall to the court.

Another point that hasn't been mentioned is the near oncourt rushing of a JC player's relative (female) that had to be restrained by security and multiple JC representatives. She had made it to the JC team bench and was on her way to confront #23 Adams man-to-woman....luckily she was restrained in time to avoid the risk of fans rushing the court.

Nothing like tournament time.... looking forward to the finals....

GO 15th!!!
Ok, lets say you are right, a double foul, then a double technical. Both players should have received two fouls against them, not just one. That would have had Deven with 4, and Parker fouled out. But the whistle came right before the elbow was thrown. So why a double foul? The elbow was just protecting the ball. If the refs wont do it, then it is up to the players.

If it was a double foul, and then a double technical, then the "point of interruption" comes into play.

Article 2 of the point of interruption rulle play shall be resumed by one of the folloing methods:

A. A throw in to the team that was in control at a spot nearest to where the ball was located nearest to the spot the interruption occured.

B. A free throw or throw in when the interruption occured during this activity or if a team is entitled to such.

C. Alternating possession when neither team is in control and no goal, infraction, end of quarter/extra period is invlolved when the game is interrupted.

So if it was a double foul, then a double technical, how in the world did JC end up getting the ball back? Valley clearly had the rebound was in in control of the ball when the double foul occured.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
I graduated from Central but i am a big enough man to say congratz valley. It doesnt matter how the game was won. But i am a believer the tourney should be moved around like it was before. All the way to the championship i am rooting for valley
that would be a question for you to ask the ref.... just allowing you as a reader as to what the referee's explanation was that no one was able to hear except those at the official scorer's table..

also what is that i heard about a radio announcer getting tossed by the refs also??? or was that a untrue rumor?
The Expo makes the 15th region tournament a 100% better experience for both fans and players. I don't understand the logic of trying to pack too many fans into a gym that is too small when we have a great venue such as the Expo to accomadate just such events.
Pikeville OT Wrote:also what is that i heard about a radio announcer getting tossed by the refs also??? or was that a untrue rumor?

Both true and funny.
more details please..... if you want to pm them i would appreciate it if you prefer not to post them here. thanks.
I cant wait for the sports guys show tonight. I bet it is going to be a blast to listen to.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Pikeville OT Wrote:that would be a question for you to ask the ref.... just allowing you as a reader as to what the referee's explanation was that no one was able to hear except those at the official scorer's table..

also what is that i heard about a radio announcer getting tossed by the refs also??? or was that a untrue rumor?
I would ask the ref, but most likely I would be tossed from the building like a certain radio announcer. If you was sitting at the scorers table, why wasnt either the personal foul on the double foul, or the technical fouls counted against the players? The whole point I was trying to make over the subject was the refs blew it. That isnt a judgement call, it is a rule in black and white. If they dont know the rules then they should have told the assigning secretary that they are not qualified to call that big of a game.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I cant wait for the sports guys show tonight. I bet it is going to be a blast to listen to.

What time???
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I would ask the ref, but most likely I would be tossed from the building like a certain radio announcer. If you was sitting at the scorers table, why wasnt either the personal foul on the double foul, or the technical fouls counted against the players? The whole point I was trying to make over the subject was the refs blew it. That isnt a judgement call, it is a rule in black and white. If they dont know the rules then they should have told the assigning secretary that they are not qualified to call that big of a game.

both calls went into the stats system as called by the ref. Parker went to the bench after that...to the best of my recollection... is this not correct?
I wasnt able to go to the game but my parents did and they said that it was one of the worst called games they had ever seen, and that JC played dirty. And I heard this from alot more people who wasnt even Valley fans. I would like to see Elisha's brother Jonah still playing when this game went one, they wouldn't play dirty against him. This game might have brought out some fire in Valley, it may get ugly for Lawerence tommorow.
PhiSlamaJama#12 Wrote:I wasnt able to go to the game but my parents did and they said that it was one of the worst called games they had ever seen, and that JC played dirty. And I heard this from alot more people who wasnt even Valley fans. I would like to see Elisha's brother Jonah still playing when this game went one, they wouldn't play dirty against him. This game might have brought out some fire in Valley, it may get ugly for Lawerence tommorow.

I'M RIGHT WITH YOU ON THIS ONE........JONAH IS A MONSTER NOW!!!! HE REALLY LOOKS THE PART OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYER...HUGE.:muscleman
Pikeville OT Wrote:both calls went into the stats system as called by the ref. Parker went to the bench after that...to the best of my recollection... is this not correct?
He might not have played anymore, but according to the stat sheet that came from the scorers table, he only had 4 fouls against him.
JCHS05 Wrote:I graduated from Central but i am a big enough man to say congratz valley. It doesnt matter how the game was won. But i am a believer the tourney should be moved around like it was before. All the way to the championship i am rooting for valley

It seems everyone and the business south of the Pike Co line likes the tourney at the Expo, the rest of us do not. The JC, LC and AC gyms are plenty big enough, not just the gyms in Pike Co as some stated. JC has as much or more parking than than the Expo with the plaza. It is just not fair for the Pikeville area business to get the money.

I too say congrats to SV, but if you think JC played some rough and tough defense wait till you get to Rupp and face some of the bigger schools. A big step up from the All A! But you have to beat LC first!
51 calls may have been called but a majority of them were called by one ref. The other two refs were actually pretty consistent on both ends. Looking at it unbiased I thought SV definitley got some bad calls from one ref. SV does reach alot but the one ref was calling fouls when there was no contact at all. He also swallowed his whistle a few times. Example was when JC was called for goal tending. The ref from halfcourt had to make the call because the one ref, which was standing under the basket, refused to call it. Good job SV.
kyrifle Wrote:Could you list the D-1 schools that are recruiting Justice. I haven't heard any names of school's. Thanks.

All you have to do is Google his name, Elisha Justice, and you will pull up newspapers from Arkansas who interviewed him. Dont have to take anyones word, this is what I did to find out about Arkansas.

The kid will play D1, now at Marshall, UK, Florida, or where I dont know.
MonsterMan Wrote:It seems everyone and the business south of the Pike Co line likes the tourney at the Expo, the rest of us do not. The JC, LC and AC gyms are plenty big enough, not just the gyms in Pike Co as some stated. JC has as much or more parking than than the Expo with the plaza. It is just not fair for the Pikeville area business to get the money.

I too say congrats to SV, but if you think JC played some rough and tough defense wait till you get to Rupp and face some of the bigger schools. A big step up from the All A! But you have to beat LC first!

:biggrin:
MonsterMan Wrote:It seems everyone and the business south of the Pike Co line likes the tourney at the Expo, the rest of us do not. The JC, LC and AC gyms are plenty big enough, not just the gyms in Pike Co as some stated. JC has as much or more parking than than the Expo with the plaza. It is just not fair for the Pikeville area business to get the money.

Your love of the Valley is a beautiful thing.....

Go 15th!!!
The 15th region tournament being at the Expo helps teams be ready to play at Rupp, if you don't like it being at the Expo then you'd better complain somewhere else because there's not a thing someone on BGR can do about it.

There is no rule that you have to spend money in Pike County to attend the tourney. Just buy your gas and eats in Paintsville.

Just ask your kids if they like the Expo atmosphere. I bet the answer is yes and all the schools get more money this way. Also how would you have seated everyone in the Expo at any of our High School gyms.
Congrats Valley, now lets fly by the next game and head to rupp!
whats the JC gym capacity? just checking as I honestly have no clue....

I think the EXPO is the ideal place for tournaments and like others have pointed out it seems all teams have no problem with the facilities.

I can see your point about travel though as it seems like a longer drive after a loss...better luck next year...
Pikeville OT Wrote:Your love of the Valley is a beautiful thing.....

Go 15th!!!

I will be at Rupp and will root for whoever the 15th sends. I always root for the mountain teams.

I know alot of people in the SV area and they are classy and great friends. The minority who posts on here for SV are ruining their image. I have never seen more arrogance and stupidity in posts. SV has a great team and you have a right to be proud, just don't blow it with all the stupid threads and comments. Give us facts and information about SV, not how much better they are than past teams or who is D-1 material or you beat Elliot County or the refs let JC play rough, not good stuff. We want to hear why you can beat an opponent like match ups and the strenghts and weakness of teams not how much better SV is by using cheap shots at other teams. Where are the classy SV fans?
didnt get an answer... what is JC gym capacity? does anyone know?
MonsterMan Wrote:Quite crying, you won the game! It is called up in your face smashmouth defense, something SV has not seen this year but will see Monday night and if they win, they will see it at Rupp. All the games now will be physical, get used to it. SV played well and handled the pressure, what is the problem?
There is a difference in physical play and football.
SV won the game in spite of playing five versus six as one official should have had gold and black stripes instead of white.
One of the most obviously slanted officiating "jobs" I have seen in 25 years.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next