Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Los Angeles Lakers
65.52%
Orlando Magic
34.48%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA Finals: Magic vs. Lakers
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Orlando takes Game 3, 108-104.

Mikael Pietrus was the most valuable player in this game IMO. He defended Kobe beautifully in the second half getting steals and altering his shots. Pietrus also made some clutch plays on offense and knocked down free-throws at the end to help seal the deal.

The Magic shot outstanding from the field tonight including 75% in the first half. The Lakers played good basketball too. I think Kobe was a little tired at the end though, but still a great effort by Bryant. I like the way Marc Jackson put it, "the Lakers didn't lose this game, the Magic just won this game."

Great game to watch and it should be an interesting Game 4.

I agree. This was a very exciting game.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Orlando takes Game 3, 108-104.

Mikael Pietrus was the most valuable player in this game IMO. He defended Kobe beautifully in the second half getting steals and altering his shots. Pietrus also made some clutch plays on offense and knocked down free-throws at the end to help seal the deal.

The Magic shot outstanding from the field tonight including 75% in the first half. The Lakers played good basketball too. I think Kobe was a little tired at the end though, but still a great effort by Bryant. I like the way Marc Jackson put it, "the Lakers didn't lose this game, the Magic just won this game."

Great game to watch and it should be an interesting Game 4.

Once again you are right, they (Magic) need to play like this to win, I hope they can win it all ..........but I'm not so sure they can play this way every night,I sure hope they can!!!!!!!!:Thumbs:
Wow - 63% from the field for the Magic (75% at haltime)
Bryant struggled in the 4th quarter. But I though the Magic would take this game. I say the Lakers win Game 4. Lakers played pretty good ball but the Magic could not miss. Lakers take Game 4
The Magic set a record by shooting like 63% & the Lakers only lose by 4.
No big deal, Lakers will win at least one in Orlando. I also don't see the Magic stealing one in LA.
Aslan Wrote:The Magic set a record by shooting like 63% & the Lakers only lose by 4.
No big deal, Lakers will win at least one in Orlando. I also don't see the Magic stealing one in LA.

You dont?. i believe game 2 should have been theres, even phil said it should have been goal tending, and he easily could have made that shot, which would put orlando up 2-1
Aslan Wrote:The Magic set a record by shooting like 63% & the Lakers only lose by 4.

I agree. They won't win in LA. And only losing by 4 after the amazing performance by the Magic just proves that the Lakers will win. Magic can not play this way every game. Phil will have a new gme plan for game 4 and it will be a completely different show.
Orlando will need to shoot 55+% from the field if they want to defeat the Lakers. Lakers are the better team from top to bottom, but once again the Lakers played lazy on the road like they have several times in the playoffs.

I look for Orlando to win tonight and tie the series up at 2 apiece. I do think that the Lakers will take game 5 in Orlando and finish off the series in game 6 in LA.
Kobe Bryant did not play lazy at all in Game 3. He left it all on the floor. Bryant (just like anyone else would) got tired.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Kobe Bryant did not play lazy at all in Game 3. He left it all on the floor. Bryant (just like anyone else would) got tired.

Kobe never let up. He played hard the entire game.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Kobe Bryant did not play lazy at all in Game 3. He left it all on the floor. Bryant (just like anyone else would) got tired.

What in the world are you talking about now?
Magic in 7
Wow....im watching game 4 and dwight howard just got a offensive foul called in the 4th...he needs to watch it though the announcers say...he could get a T for that...however Kobe throws elbows and thats fine nothing there....thats ridiculous he should have been T'd for that...but he already has 5 in the playoffs so they dont call no more that way he dont have to sit out...thats pitiful I think...had alston or reddick or someone done that they would have been tossed...
man I hope Orlando wins.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Now that was a big time shot by Fisher.
This has turned into a great series so far. I still disagree with the 2-3-2 format as I do not see it giving the number one seed the true advantage they have earned .
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:This has turned into a great series so far. I still disagree with the 2-3-2 format as I do not see it giving the number one seed the true advantage they have earned .

I agree.
These refs stink!!!
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:These refs stink!!!
Great post they are taking up for the lakers though...
theVILLE Wrote:Great post they are taking up for the lakers though...
They have stunk both ways no way around that fact.:igiveup:
I for one love it when they let the players play. Touch fouls kill me... let the men dawg it out.

Lakers looked like a totally different team in the 2nd half.
Lakers win 99-91 in OT.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I for one love it when they let the players play. Touch fouls kill me... let the men dawg it out.

Lakers looked like a totally different team in the 2nd half.

Agreed. But, Kobe elbowed Nelson right in the chin.
MisterPerfect Wrote:Agreed. But, Kobe elbowed Nelson right in the chin.

Thats basketball. I'm in no way trying to defend Kobe at all, but every time the big men are battling in the post elbows are thrown often. Only few are called.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Thats basketball. I'm in no way trying to defend Kobe at all, but every time the big men are battling in the post elbows are thrown often. Only few are called.

Good point. I agree. The touch fouls are ridiculous sometimes.
theVILLE Wrote:Great post they are taking up for the lakers though...

ARE U SERIOUS? THEY DIDNT HOOT 1 FREETHROW IN THE SECOND HALF OR OT UNTIL PIETRUS BEAT GASOL IN THE BACK,

but other than that was an exciting game, yea kobe got selfish in ot, but thats kobe, fisher hit some huge 3s, ariza played great, SUPERMAN CHOKED AND LOST THE GAME BY MISSING 2 KEY FREETHROWS
i think they should just go ahead and give the NBA Championship to the Lakers bc there is no way that the Magic can go on the road & win and have to win 4 straight to win the title, there is just no way, not against the Lakers! and this sucks bc i hate the Lakers, i cant not stand them at all, especially Kobe. he is a great player but i just cant stand him.
Strikeout King Wrote:i think they should just go ahead and give the NBA Championship to the Lakers bc there is no way that the Magic can go on the road & win and have to win 4 straight to win the title, there is just no way, not against the Lakers! and this sucks bc i hate the Lakers, i cant not stand them at all, especially Kobe. he is a great player but i just cant stand him.

There is a way that the Magic may win this series. It's just very unlikely. But, it is possible.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
MisterPerfect Wrote:There is a way that the Magic may win this series. It's just very unlikely. But, it is possible.

i know but i just dont see it happening. who knows they may suprise us and win.
Strikeout King Wrote:i know but i just dont see it happening. who knows they may suprise us and win.

I sure hope so. I would love to see the Magic win the series.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL