•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 Girls OVC middle school
7th grade game was closer than score indicated as Verity went on a run late to put distance between these two teams. Verity a little sloppy on offense but this could be attributed to solid defense from Boyd.
8th grade game was very physical game as both teams battled down to the wire. I thought Vanover, very nice addition, and Young played solid as did 7th grader Robinson when inserted into lineup as point guard. Congrats to all players on both teams and grades for their effort!!!
Nice wins for Verity last night, both games were ugly and shouldn't have been as close. However a win is a win up next for Verity is Rose Hill on Thursday.
Rose Hill Ladies Royals were defeated by Fairview last night, I can see so much improvement each week by these girls. Mark and the rest of the staff is doing a great job. Looking forward to going to Verity Thursday and seeing some old friends. Glad to see McKenzie is doing well at Verity, however I'm not surprised.
AshlandFan Wrote:Nice wins for Verity last night, both games were ugly and shouldn't have been as close. However a win is a win up next for Verity is Rose Hill on Thursday.

Ashland will be able to name to the score
Verity 7th once again gave a total team effort against a very young rose hill squad. Gransbery led the team again with 16 and Foutch added 13. Every girl on the team made a solid contribution. Verity 8th was once again in early foul trouble but showed flashes of greatness in between rests. Alex young stood out to me when she was on the floor. Porter from the Hill in the 2nd half shot the ball very well and had nearly all of Rose Hills points. Next up for the verity girls will be the showdown with East.
I didn't get see much of the 7th game. In the 8th grade game Vanover, Ashley and Young played well. They didn't have to play much but were effective when they did.
We lost both games to verity, however we played hard. Myriah had a good game for the 8th grade game. McKenzie Vanover for Verity played good and wish she was still in a royal uniform. Good luck the rest of the way McKenzie. Good to see good friends there.
Maroon Truth Wrote:Verity 7th once again gave a total team effort against a very young rose hill squad. Gransbery led the team again with 16 and Foutch added 13. Every girl on the team made a solid contribution. Verity 8th was once again in early foul trouble but showed flashes of greatness in between rests. Alex young stood out to me when she was on the floor. Porter from the Hill in the 2nd half shot the ball very well and had nearly all of Rose Hills points. Next up for the verity girls will be the showdown with East.

just wondering...if the girls at RH are IN the 7th grade, and they are playing a 7th grade game, how can they be considered a young team?
Why doesn't anyone show the scores?
Statmaster Wrote:Why doesn't anyone show the scores?

7th Grade
Verity 71
Rose Hill 6

8th Grade
Verity 60
Rose Hill 24
As I predicted, Ashland's Verity teams gave Rose Hill the Royal Flush. They should have played in the small division as another poster indicated.
TomcatAtHeart Wrote:just wondering...if the girls at RH are IN the 7th grade, and they are playing a 7th grade game, how can they be considered a young team?

young because they play 5th and 6th graders to have the numbers. thier 8th grade only has 3 8th graders on it
If you are playing 5th and 6th graders, why in the world would you put them in the large school division? It's almost like you're asking to get beat 50+ points. It just doesn't make any sense.
Sit back and enjoy the circus
Bombshell Stomp Wrote:If you are playing 5th and 6th graders, why in the world would you put them in the large school division? It's almost like you're asking to get beat 50+ points. It just doesn't make any sense.

Ask the RH coach he is the one who ask to be placed in the large school division.
Maroon Truth Wrote:young because they play 5th and 6th graders to have the numbers. thier 8th grade only has 3 8th graders on it

How many 5th and 6th graders do they have?
Talk to the Hand Wrote:As I predicted, Ashland's Verity teams gave Rose Hill the Royal Flush. They should have played in the small division as another poster indicated.

Agree
16BBall Fan Wrote:Ask the RH coach he is the one who ask to be placed in the large school division.

If you would ask him he would tell you to talk to the hand because his ears weren't listening
season is nearly half over. If there were power rankings who would be the top 3 teams in each grade. Who does everyone think are the top 5 in each grade now that they have seen all of the players in the ovc. In my opinion
7th- Verity,East,Boyd
1. Fraley-BC
2. Gransbery-Verity
3. Robinson-Verity
4. Foutch-Verity
5.#4 -East Carter
8th- Verity,Boyd,East
1. Justice-Verity
2. Young-Verity
3. Greenhill-East Carter
4. Wheeler-BC
5. Vanover-Verity
Maroon Truth Wrote:season is nearly half over. If there were power rankings who would be the top 3 teams in each grade. Who does everyone think are the top 5 in each grade now that they have seen all of the players in the ovc. In my opinion
7th- Verity,East,Boyd
1. Fraley-BC
2. Gransbery-Verity
3. Robinson-Verity
4. Foutch-Verity
5.#4 -East Carter
8th- Verity,Boyd,East
1. Justice-Verity
2. Young-Verity
3. Greenhill-East Carter
4. Wheeler-BC
5. Vanover-Verity

:Thumbs: with 7th
only difference I see would be in the 8th:
1. Justice
2.Vanover
3.Wheeler
4.Greenhill
5.Young
When does Verity play again?
When does Boyd play again?
Verity plays at East tomorrow night. Not sure about Boyd. Boyd and East Play Tuesday night at Boyd.
TomcatAtHeart Wrote:When does Verity play again?
When does Boyd play again?

Boyd plays Lawrence Monday, East Tuesday & Rowan Thursday.
Don't know if I will be able to make the Verity & East Carter game tonight. Someone let me know how we do and some stats please.
Verity won both games. Two very good games to watch.
I agree two good games to watch. 7th grade game Verity was down 10-9 and went on a 11-0 run to end the 2nd qt. to go up 20-10 at the half. The second half was pretty even the final was 30-24. Verity's defense and just effort carried them tonight they play extremely hard.
The 8th was back and forth all night with no one lead by more than 6 or 7 either way East was up 20-16 midway through the 3rd and Verity went on a 9-1 run and it stayed 4 to 6 points the rest of the way. Both teams gave a good effort Verity's 7th graders gave them a big lift in the 8th grade game tonight.
MaroonMafia Wrote:Don't know if I will be able to make the Verity & East Carter game tonight. Someone let me know how we do and some stats please.

Dont have any stats.
verity 7th grade 30
east carter 24
Overall great road win, girls played hard and there defense won it tonight.

Verity 8th 33
east carter 26

Their worst performance yet, they better get it in gear. Everyone else is improving and being athletic will only get you so far. Imo
Agree.7th grade was and always will be very fun to watch. Stickler for east is amazing with the dribble and they are very well coached. The Game was well played by both teams. For Verity Gransbery had 12 and Foutch and Hensley added 8 a piece. Robinson made alot happen with the D. She also helps steady the play of the 8th grade which i thinked really struggled against a very solid well coached East group. Robinson at the point for the 8th makes verity a much stronger team.
Verity 7th grade played an impressive game last night. Their defense improves each and every game. They will be hard to stop:Clap:
Tonights game should be a piece of cake for them.

I agree that 8th grade team needs to get it together quick. They are a talented team but that will only take them so far. Hopefully they can redeem themselves tonight against West Carter.
QUOTE=AshlandFan
Verity 8th 33
east carter 26

Their worst performance yet, they better get it in gear. Everyone else is improving and being athletic will only get you so far. Imo

QUOTE=Maroon TruthIf there were power rankings who would be the top 3 teams in each grade. Who does everyone think are the top 5 in each grade now that they have seen all of the players in the ovc. In my opinion
8th- Verity,Boyd,East
1. Justice-Verity
2. Young-Verity
3. Greenhill-East Carter
4. Wheeler-BC
5. Vanover-Verity[/QUOTE]

I must ask this question, if the Verity 8th grade team is playing so poorly. How is it they haven't lost a game? (Going by what I have seen on this thread) They have 3 of the top five players in the OVC. It appears that maybe they are not as good as advertised.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next